Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Grammarchist posted:

Was she cursed by a mischievous spirit to dedicate her life to interviewing right wingers? Right America Feeling Wronged was hard to get through after the 2012 election. I don't know if I have the strength for a Jan. 6 edition.

Honestly, I didn’t enjoy it very much. Two out of three postscripts were “This person has not been sentenced yet”. She came out with it just a bit too early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Civil posted:

I watched something on HBO where this lady interviews all these people who had to serve time on behalf of Jan 6 shenanigans and not a single one blamed Trump for hyping them all up. Most still had Trump poo poo on their bodies or in their houses. It's insane, like they refuse to acknowledge fealty to this dude has ruined their life, and they just lean in more instead.

They ruined their lives and are going to prison for him. Sunken cost fallacy - this can't all be for nothing, and they can't admit they were wrong and/or that Trump doesn't give a poo poo about them, or their world collapses even more and they ruined themselves for a lie.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

That’s okay, those garbage people are all going down.

Doesn’t DOJ have like 99% conviction rate on them, or something close?

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Civil posted:

I watched something on HBO where this lady interviews all these people who had to serve time on behalf of Jan 6 shenanigans and not a single one blamed Trump for hyping them all up. Most still had Trump poo poo on their bodies or in their houses. It's insane, like they refuse to acknowledge fealty to this dude has ruined their life, and they just lean in more instead.

You ever had a piece of entertainment you really liked which no one else did, and you tried to state its merits with some degree of passion? Had a favourite food that lots of people disparage? A fun theory about something you're willing to debate a whole bunch for? All of these are under the assumption that, when things get serious, you can drop it (and that it doesn't imply certain things about you, like say, liking underage hentai openly).

That feeling, and what they feel that makes them do that, is more or less the same sort of feeling, except cranked up several dozen factors higher. And hence so is their refusal to change their mind. What you feel when people say, I don't know, this latest piece of Star Wars media sucked, and you thought it was great, and you want to defend your feeling, because you feel it's correct? That's what they're feeling, puddle of water and ocean style.

That's not even considering the whole 'your body literally hurts if you have to admit you are wrong' factor. Liking of food or fiction is almost entirely arbitrary; there are really no solid 2+2 equals 4 rules beyond some very rare exceptions. But this sort of stuff actually affects you and others, Quite frankly, if they were strong enough to realize the truth, they probably wouldn't have been suckered in to begin with.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

MrMojok posted:

Yeah but only because 99% of them recorded themselves planning, committing, and admitting to their crimes.

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

The Locator posted:

They ruined their lives and are going to prison for him. Sunken cost fallacy - this can't all be for nothing, and they can't admit they were wrong and/or that Trump doesn't give a poo poo about them, or their world collapses even more and they ruined themselves for a lie.

Yeah but on the other hand he wanted to partake and say the words, the beautiful words :chaostrump:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

MrMojok posted:

And the 1% that didn't get convicted basically plead out to lesser charges and got probation or community service.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Civil posted:

It's a lot easier to just slowly ruin your life and die in a cornfield than think that maybe you made the wrong call about the steak salesman that every rich villain of the eighties was based on.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

I tell you what, if Trump can summon the courage to show up to a debate, I'll dunk my head in poo poo water and gargle. I'll even do it without pants, while my wife and daughters beg me to "please not do this again" - and then we'll see who really has a pair of Ron Desantis branded golf balls in a box.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Those are golf balls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrmZAXezkhA

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Meatball Ron has to wear high heels because he is short lol

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Donald Trump has no balls unlike me, a man who wears go-go boots because his wife makes him

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

To be fair to meatball, trump also wears lifts

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

QuarkJets posted:

Trump: It is sad that this trial has become so political, also it is essential that I be allowed to keep making it political

What about my right to NOT hear Trump speak?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Frank Frank posted:

Which one was John Eastman again?
Hey if no one has answered this (sorry if this is old news) Eastman is the guy on J6 with the hat and the big tan coat who gave a speech with Giuliani.
He's one of the main lawyers behind the fake electors scheme along with Chesebro. He's a real p.o.s.

Noam Chomsky
Apr 4, 2019

:capitalism::dehumanize:

Brocktoon posted:

Man, what happened to Spoony?

i-understood-that-reference.jpeg

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Brocktoon posted:

He's actually doing a lot better lately. Better than that poor look-alike dipshit is at least :v:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Brocktoon posted:

I think he's a bard now.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
The current thread title keeps making me think of the Weird Science movie theme but I can't come up with appropriate words for it.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Why? Won't people understand Trump's weird johnson?

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Pot Smoke Phoenix fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Nov 3, 2023

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://x.com/acyn/status/1720226812087636332?s=46 Large Marge is mad that everyone got to see the statue melt like Lee is right now.

It's true. In 1957 the USSR started removing and melting down statues of Stalin. They even changed the names of cities and rewrote the history books. As the final straw, they removed his body from the Lenin Mausoleum and was buried in the yard with only a small name plate and a single official attending the burial

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
And now nobody knows who Stalin was

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I don't know who this stalin guy was, but he sounds like another victim of radical leftists

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Cornwind Evil posted:

You ever had a piece of entertainment you really liked which no one else did, and you tried to state its merits with some degree of passion? Had a favourite food that lots of people disparage? A fun theory about something you're willing to debate a whole bunch for? All of these are under the assumption that, when things get serious, you can drop it (and that it doesn't imply certain things about you, like say, liking underage hentai openly).

That feeling, and what they feel that makes them do that, is more or less the same sort of feeling, except cranked up several dozen factors higher. And hence so is their refusal to change their mind. What you feel when people say, I don't know, this latest piece of Star Wars media sucked, and you thought it was great, and you want to defend your feeling, because you feel it's correct? That's what they're feeling, puddle of water and ocean style.

That's not even considering the whole 'your body literally hurts if you have to admit you are wrong' factor. Liking of food or fiction is almost entirely arbitrary; there are really no solid 2+2 equals 4 rules beyond some very rare exceptions. But this sort of stuff actually affects you and others, Quite frankly, if they were strong enough to realize the truth, they probably wouldn't have been suckered in to begin with.

Right on. Sagan wrote something very similar years ago:

“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back.”

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

mobby_6kl posted:

And now nobody knows who Stalin was

The train robber?

Tree Bucket posted:

I don't know who this stalin guy was, but he sounds like another victim of radical leftists
Yeah, after all the work he did removing disruptive elements to your favourite General Secretary (ME!) they did him dirty like that

Anders fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Nov 3, 2023

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

Frank Frank posted:

Which one was John Eastman again?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Ahhhh! The Light! It's too bright!!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

So Mr Freeze

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
maybe they should stop putting all the presidential stuff on such a high shelf so we don't have to keep talking about the candidate's height

Jonny Quest
Nov 11, 2004

It's even worse than that, Trump wears lifts because his natural height is likely just shy of Obama's. All the lifts, the weird posture, all the worry about using stairs and ramps (in heels!) is because he just has to be taller than Barack Hussein Obama.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Trumps are more the garden variety, fairly obvious thing.

Ron looks like a fuckin clown.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Jonny Quest posted:

the weird posture,

I've heard that his weird posture is caused by the girdle he wears to prevent his diapers from showing as much

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Anders posted:

I've heard that his weird posture is caused by the girdle he wears to prevent his diapers from showing as much

Stank and Choade stand the same way though. Is it hereditary (to accommodate the vestigial tail) or learned behavior (trying to be like Daddy to earn his approval)?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

wheatpuppy posted:

Stank and Choade stand the same way though. Is it hereditary (to accommodate the vestigial tail) or learned behavior (trying to be like Daddy to earn his approval)?

Great Grandad was a full Centaur.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

We really should remember Robert E Lee. Really important that we remember him.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Toxic Mental posted:

Show the melting of the statue at all schools and remember why we melted it

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:lol:

Holy poo poo he's such a petty little bitch

He can't accept any limit to his ability to trash talk and vilify people, dude really never stopped being 12 years old

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Toxic Mental posted:

We can't, they melted his statue now he's been erased from history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Toxic Mental posted:

who