Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

https://twitter.com/DisneyParks/status/1720457299632767301

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hungry Squirrel
Jun 30, 2008

You gonna eat that?
A friend and I went to Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom about 15 years ago, and a ride caught on fire while we were on it. We told the ride operator about the heavy black smoke, but hey did not stop the ride. We went on for a second round, figuring that the park knew what they were doing. They did not. We were stuck on the ride for a while.

Bad decisions, all around.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/bioreconstruct/status/1720814696964530548

Hell yeah

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
No Ring

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

What do we think the official name for that land will be and will it be just as clunky as Epic Universe?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Oh is this where the dark universe went?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Never going to miss an opportunity to post that tweet.

https://twitter.com/darkuniverse/status/866706548923314176?s=20

Anyways, didn't know a monster are was coming to Epic Universe, that's neat.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
IMO it has potential to be the best land at Epic Universe. Universal clearly does horror well, we know the Nintendo land is just okay, and more Potter and How To Train Your Dragon are a big M-E-H.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Btw does anyone know the deal with bioreconstruct, that Twitter account above that posts all the aerial photos of the Florida parks? They’ve been putting stuff up constantly for years. Do they have their own helicopter or can you take those shots from a plane or do they just have an unlimited budget?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/bioreconstruct/status/1682364910628380674

Big budget.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

IMO it has potential to be the best land at Epic Universe. Universal clearly does horror well, we know the Nintendo land is just okay, and more Potter and How To Train Your Dragon are a big M-E-H.

I'm really looking forward to this more than anything else. You should look up the rides they cancelled for this and they sounded great which means I'm naturally over hyping the real ones for myself.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Yikes. Why not a drone?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It seems to just be his hobby in general. He also posts from helicopter tours on vacation and stuff.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

CapnAndy posted:

Yikes. Why not a drone?
I guess it'd be too hard to get the shots on such a light aircraft at the distance you need to be outside the no-fly zone?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Drones have extreme restrictions on where they can be flown (even aside from the Disney zone), they generally do not have long zoom lenses, and chartered helicopter rides around the disney area are pretty drat cheap.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

but this is Florida

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

FAA is one of the things that don't gently caress around even in Florida

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Arquinsiel posted:

I guess it'd be too hard to get the shots on such a light aircraft at the distance you need to be outside the no-fly zone?

A drone can’t use the big loving lens he must have on there.

And yeah, I have a photographer friend in Florida and he tried buying a drone then promptly returned it when he read up on all the bullshit needed to fly one there.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

A drone can’t use the big loving lens he must have on there.

Actually, looking at the angles he's getting and how much he's cropping, a drone (if zoned for the same spaces) could definitely get most of those shots for less than the cost of a pro telephoto lens. But still, whole bunch of other hassle.

barclayed
Apr 15, 2022

"I just saved your ass... with MONOPOLY!"
The Wine & Dine post-race party at EPCOT tonight was very chill. Worked a 13.5 hour shift and got off at 2am, and walking through the park that late was actually pretty serene.

Spaceship Earth has had real nice colors lately too.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Let the rich man cook.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Diabetic posted:

I'm really looking forward to this more than anything else. You should look up the rides they cancelled for this and they sounded great which means I'm naturally over hyping the real ones for myself.

Is there another ride out there besides the Forbidden Journey ones that use a KUKA robotics arm? I know the Epic Universe is being called a "2nd generation" ride. I would imagine not simply because the cost is probably staggering.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Akileese posted:

Is there another ride out there besides the Forbidden Journey ones that use a KUKA robotics arm? I know the Epic Universe is being called a "2nd generation" ride. I would imagine not simply because the cost is probably staggering.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RoboCoaster

Supposedly 200+ although the page only names a few, and only the Harry Potter ones are the G2.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RoboCoaster

Supposedly 200+ although the page only names a few, and only the Harry Potter ones are the G2.

Whoa, looking at that G3, that looks like a pretty drastic leap in design. Really excited to see what they can do with that.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Something was going around on social media this morning about how the entire western half of Magic Kingdom (Adventure/Frontier/Fantasy/Liberty) was completely barricaded and the CMs were being super cagey about it. Does anybody on the ground know anything more? Did the bear buy an AP?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Goofy became self aware

Ainsley
Feb 17, 2011

You must go on a long journey before you can really find out how wonderful home is.
Dapper Day in Disneyland is this Sunday! Husband and I are going this year for the first time - has anyone been before? Any tips / suggestions / absolutely do-not's?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Akileese posted:

Whoa, looking at that G3, that looks like a pretty drastic leap in design. Really excited to see what they can do with that.

Hopefully things that don’t make me want to vomit

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog

Ainsley posted:

Dapper Day in Disneyland is this Sunday! Husband and I are going this year for the first time - has anyone been before? Any tips / suggestions / absolutely do-not's?

Thank you for reminding me! We are Sunday morning park visitors, and it's always a shock when we visit on special park days we forgot about. Based on our previous experience, things don't start picking up in the parks until after 11am (when we usually bail) but the eye candy is exquisite.

It seems like the bulk of organized activities are based in the Disneyland Hotel.

Alpenglow
Mar 12, 2007

If Dapper Day still does a gathering at the Mark Twain, that's a must. Very cool to experience it with maximum capacity for once.

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog

Alpenglow posted:

If Dapper Day still does a gathering at the Mark Twain, that's a must. Very cool to experience it with maximum capacity for once.

The Mark Twain is down for extensive repairs, and a painting rehab, until after Thanksgiving.

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

Do you think I've got the goods Bubblegum? Cuz I am INTO this stuff!

Bringing my Cincinnati poo poo into the thread and letting everyone know that a Skyline Chili opened up near WDW. I've visited every other FL location (there are only 5), and now I have a reason to go to Disney again.

https://locations.skylinechili.com/skyline-chili-23a3a12a8227

barclayed
Apr 15, 2022

"I just saved your ass... with MONOPOLY!"

Good-Natured Filth posted:

Bringing my Cincinnati poo poo into the thread and letting everyone know that a Skyline Chili opened up near WDW. I've visited every other FL location (there are only 5), and now I have a reason to go to Disney again.

One of my coworkers has been super excited about this. As someone who’s never been a fan of chili but is attempting to try new things… worth checking out?

Also, my stint at EPCOT appears to be over. Starting training at Columbia Harbor House on Sunday! A little nervous about going back to MK but I’m trying to take it in stride.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

barclayed posted:

Also, my stint at EPCOT appears to be over. Starting training at Columbia Harbor House on Sunday! A little nervous about going back to MK but I’m trying to take it in stride.

Why is this a point of concern? Are there different expectations for cast members in the various parks?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

When I worked there it seemed to me like the cast members who worked at MK were “better” because it’s the main park.

I’m not saying everyone felt this way. But it was a vibe I got from some people.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Grundulum posted:

Why is this a point of concern? Are there different expectations for cast members in the various parks?

MK work load is so much higher that cast members get higher pay for the same positions and clock in at the parking lot so their bus time is paid. My wife has friends that were routinely pulling 60-70 hour 6 day weeks for months at a time in pastry and culinary at MK.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Good-Natured Filth posted:

Oh poo poo. Might have to make a side venture. I grew up on Cincy chili.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

barclayed posted:

One of my coworkers has been super excited about this. As someone who’s never been a fan of chili but is attempting to try new things… worth checking out?

Skyline chili has 5 of the 6 ingredients of pumpkin spice.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Skyline chili has 5 of the 6 ingredients of pumpkin spice.
Disgusting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

Do you think I've got the goods Bubblegum? Cuz I am INTO this stuff!

barclayed posted:

Cincinnati-style chili is more like a sauce, and it uses spices typically used in Greek food (because it was originated by a Greek family that emigrated to Cincy). They serve it on top of hot dogs (cheese coney) or on top of spaghetti (3-way). I want everyone in the world to try it once, but I'm a fanatic even for Cincy standards. You'll either love it or hate it, there's no in-between.

Good-Natured Filth fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Nov 8, 2023