Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Well yeah it was a snake that got humans kicked out of paradise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Jesus died for your sins and also on the side likes to nudge the results of American sporting events, you know it's just a little fun.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

"gently caress Brandon Pfaadt.
What a dumb name."
-Obadiah 1:22-23

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

I couldn't go to the parade, woke up feelin like absolute poo poo. Honestly wonder if being wound up as tight as I was for over a week came back to bite me when I finally relaxed.

Wrapped up in a blanket and watching it on TV, and it's good to know seeing all those moments throughout the playoffs can still send shivers down my spine. ANd hey, I get to dodge a covid infection and that's worth something.

Disappointing but I'm trying to find a silver lining. For what it's worth I missed the Mavs parade in 2011, too.

Parades are a beating. You're getting a better view on Fox4 or whatever then where you'd have to be now.

The only good parades are through urban environments, not through empty 4 lane interchanges.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
This is like a local 4th of July parade.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
What's it supposed to be like

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Sydin posted:

Jesus died for your sins and also on the side likes to nudge the results of American sporting events, you know it's just a little fun.

I knew those Garcia dingers were sus, it was Jesus all along.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

General Dog posted:

What's it supposed to be like

Not "supposed to" but they're typically double-decker busses through the city, not truck beds around the stadium.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Dameius posted:

I knew those Garcia dingers were sus, it was Jesus all along.

I just want to see someone blame God for a loss.

"So what happened out there?"
"Well, we prayed in the clubhouse like we always do, but I just didn't have my out pitch today. I think Jesus really let the team and the fans down."

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

This is the first mention I’ve seen of Kershaw having shoulder surgery

https://twitter.com/fabianardaya/status/1720513348838752359

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Nov 3, 2023

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Lumpy posted:

I just want to see someone blame God for a loss.

"So what happened out there?"
"Well, we prayed in the clubhouse like we always do, but I just didn't have my out pitch today. I think Jesus really let the team and the fans down."

Ah, you must've missed the classic tweet by Stevie Johnson after he dropped a game winning TD.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Shinjobi posted:

Well the playoffs are over, the title won, so I can say Evan Carter sucks now

but also not surprised in the slightest, lol

He won Game 1 of the ALCS singlehandedly for the Rangers - just a monster in LF.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

bawfuls posted:

This is the first mention I’ve seen if Kershaw having shoulder surgery

https://twitter.com/fabianardaya/status/1720513348838752359

He put this up on his Instagram, looks like he's targeting mid-season 2024 for a return:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CzMUWhBuSb6/

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I can't believe I saw Carter playing (with visiting Round Rock) in Midland earlier this season

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Yankees cut Domingo German...... 3 years too late but he did have the dumbest perfect game ever I guess..............

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

General Dog posted:

Did he even say anything bad

There's nothing inherently wrong with being religious; it's just irritating that so many people won't shut the gently caress up about it, especially when it's extremely hypocritical.

I wouldn't usually care about someone wearing a God t-shirt, except these are the same people who throw a shitfit about a rainbow pin or pro-Palestine protests.

Ben Zobrist is one of my favorite baseball men ever, but I've made a conscious effort to only see the guy throw a baseball and ignore his social media, because it probably sucks. Then again, his wife cheated on him with their pastor, so maybe he threw his bible out the window?

It's probably less about the actual religion, and more about that person's need to not shut the gently caress up. Aubrey Huff would probably be a fanatic if he was ever awake before 4pm on a Sunday.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/MLBMetrics/status/1720521647692665091

Like one player per truck?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
world champions sponsored by coca cola

Prof. Spaceman
May 1, 2007

NOPE

Red posted:

There's nothing inherently wrong with being religious; it's just irritating that so many people won't shut the gently caress up about it, especially when it's extremely hypocritical.

I wouldn't usually care about someone wearing a God t-shirt, except these are the same people who throw a shitfit about a rainbow pin or pro-Palestine protests.

Ben Zobrist is one of my favorite baseball men ever, but I've made a conscious effort to only see the guy throw a baseball and ignore his social media, because it probably sucks. Then again, his wife cheated on him with their pastor, so maybe he threw his bible out the window?

It's probably less about the actual religion, and more about that person's need to not shut the gently caress up. Aubrey Huff would probably be a fanatic if he was ever awake before 4pm on a Sunday.

Also, it's not the religion itself, at least in the form of what Jesus actually preached. It's that at least 9 out of 10 (white) people that are this openly religious also have horrifying personal politics. It's never "I worship every Sunday and also Trans Rights." it's always "Glory be to God and his perfect equal, Donald Trump".

Correlation does not equal causation, but there is a loooooot of correlation out there. That's what makes people nervous.

Prof. Spaceman
May 1, 2007

NOPE

Quote =/= edit

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
For about three seconds, I thought George W. Bush was going to be on the mic at the World Series parade.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Prof. Spaceman posted:

Also, it's not the religion itself, at least in the form of what Jesus actually preached. It's that at least 9 out of 10 (white) people that are this openly religious also have horrifying personal politics. It's never "I worship every Sunday and also Trans Rights." it's always "Glory be to God and his perfect equal, Donald Trump".

Correlation does not equal causation, but there is a loooooot of correlation out there. That's what makes people nervous.

Yeah, if you just take the words of Jesus at face value it is some pretty radical poo poo, even for today (especially for today?)

Real, capital-C Communism. If people actually lived by the book of Matthew this world would be unrecognizable.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The hypocrisy of american christianity is pretty evident but also not something we should be talking about in the baseball thread? IDK, I guess since free agency doesn't start for three more days maybe it's a big who cares until then

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I want to talk about Jesus.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Intruder posted:

The hypocrisy of american christianity is pretty evident but also not something we should be talking about in the baseball thread? IDK, I guess since free agency doesn't start for three more days maybe it's a big who cares until then

Jesus was pretty good at drafting free agents I hear.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

my favorite jesus

(the only peruvian in mlb)

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

R.D. Mangles posted:

I want to talk about Jesus.

Me too but I'm afraid it will jinx the re-signing

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

They should have done this with the players standing in one location and a parade of fan trucks and vans driving by them.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
https://twitter.com/Phillies/status/1720509233978822712

That'll do it, the last piece of the puzzle

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dameius posted:

Jesus was pretty good at drafting free agents I hear.

But can he hit a curveball?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

It is my privilege to extend a laurel and a hearty handshake to our state's new World Champions.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/McFarland_Shawn/status/1720532789399785857

We've known literally every other year but this one

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

zoux posted:

It was apparently a shot at Bregman for something he said when the Astros clinched the division. I don't remember what he even said, but I'm glad our beautiful lab-manufactured baseball terminator is holding grudges.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

zoux posted:

Nobody was wondering this, basically everyone was assuming it in fact. The Bregman quote makes sense because the expectation was the Astros would win the division and then they did.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

R.D. Mangles posted:

But can he hit a curveball?

He specializes in a rising fastball.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Sydin posted:

He put this up on his Instagram, looks like he's targeting mid-season 2024 for a return:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CzMUWhBuSb6/
mid season return, farewell tour, 3000th strikeout, hopefully stays healthy for 3-4 months and into October, ride off into the sunset :pray:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

No Safe Word posted:

Nobody was wondering this, basically everyone was assuming it in fact. The Bregman quote makes sense because the expectation was the Astros would win the division and then they did.

Look, there are probably a lotta fumes there right now, lotta exhaust, no trees and all.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

No Safe Word posted:

don't think too hard about it, he won he gets to talk poo poo on the haters particularly of the Houston variety

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

shaking my head as my fellow Astros fans just line themselves up to get dunked on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
He can talk all the poo poo he wants, but he should do a better job of it. I understand though, Rangers haven't had a lot of practice winning and getting a chance at the mic.