Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Lilith did nothing wrong. All glory to Mother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

The Echo Of Lilith seems like a really dumb fight. If I dont one-shot her before she takes off into the air, I just fall over dead when she takes off? No attack, no visual effect, I just drop dead. Real fun, Blizzard, real fun. Then if I do one-shot her, when she comes back if I dont one shot her a second time I just drop dead again.

edit: yeah, never trying this fight again. This makes me want to uninstall. I just lost all interest in trying to get to level 100. I'm at level 99.25.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Nov 3, 2023

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
the one hit kill effects still don't line up with the visuals after many months

it's very dumb

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

yea the lilith fight killed the season for me this time like it did last time

even knowing what to do about the waves, she goes up and down so fast it feels like luck when I dodge them. I could respec into a build that one shots her to skip the waves, but meh

doesn't help that the waves are red on a red background and the blood surges from my minions and I are also red

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Do bosses drop certain uniques? I've done the echo varshan guy 3 times now at T4 and I think I got the same unique boots every time.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Philthy posted:

Do bosses drop certain uniques? I've done the echo varshan guy 3 times now at T4 and I think I got the same unique boots every time.

https://maxroll.gg/d4/resources/boss-loot-table-cheat-sheet

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

You rock!

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Philthy posted:

Yeah, the summonable bosses all have Unique pools tied to what class you are;
https://maxroll.gg/d4/resources/boss-loot-table-cheat-sheet

edit: beaten badly

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Philthy posted:

yes there are only a handful of uniques per class and certain bosses drop certain ones. I have several of each at this point because everything in this game is trivially easy except for uber lilith

https://www.pcgamer.com/diablo-4-boss-loot-tables-uniques/

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The wave animation does not match the hitbox at all, to the point where it's worse if you try to react to them visually. Instead it's better to just memorize where in the circle to stand for each wave pattern, there's usually at least one spot where all of them will miss you. It's pretty dumb.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

Kaysette posted:

Boots with the "attacks reduce evade cooldown by x.x seconds" are extremely good with raiment and tp enchantment. Can zip around all the time as long as you attack a few times between each one.

Oh, nice -- thanks for the head's up. I'll have to keep an eye out for that affix -- definitely haven't used any of those yet.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Philthy posted:

You rock!

Farming SA rep by keeping this link in my clipboard forever

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

New class specific unique rings coming next week

List of available affixes coming to the enchanter

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Some sort of Christmas event starting Dec 12

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Leaderboards in S3 will be tied to a new type of content called The Gauntlet

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Vessel of Hatred expansion coming late 2024

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Tarnop posted:

New class specific unique rings coming next week

List of available affixes coming to the enchanter

The rings are based off of popular Malignant Hearts from S1, which means Necros can auto-pop corpses again

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
The amount of crowd silence is deafening

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
aw man, who'd have guessed letting the one armed teenager handle mephisto would go wrong

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

New class will not be a class we've seen in previous Diablo games

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Vessel of Hatred

Well that puts any debates about the ending to rest. Papa M just keeps winning, until the moment we kill him.

Tarnop posted:

I can hear Paladin/Crusader stans screeching. I am one of them.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Tarnop posted:

I love the Hillbilly class

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Orange Crush Rush posted:

The rings are based off of popular Malignant Hearts from S1, which means Necros can auto-pop corpses again

Oh cool, is this all stuff that leaked ahead of the con?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Tarnop posted:

aw

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
New class in expansion wasn't announced, but it will be one that has not appeared in any Diablo game before. Not resurrecting a previous class.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Tarnop posted:

Oh cool, is this all stuff that leaked ahead of the con?

Nah the dude said that about the rings after they were announced, maybe you missed it or something

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Nah the dude said that about the rings after they were announced, maybe you missed it or something

Typing and listening is hard lol, thanks for letting me know

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
The Blizzcon Diablo chat is tomorrow.

BlizzCon Diablo IV Campfire Chat
November 4, 2:30-3:30 p.m. PDT
Twitch/YouTube/Bliz

Right now they're jerkin' it to WOW. Somehow that game is still around.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Abbatoir of Zir is a new Seasonal Event.

Christmas event is called Midwinter Blight and starts on December 2.

Short video teaser of expansion. Set in Kurast with a jungle and Mayan/Aztec theme. In a shocking twist, doing what Mephisto wanted may have been bad.

More info and campfire chat tomorrow at 2:30 pacific time.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

I just realized, they are gonna bring back the Barber but tie it to an Uber Unqiue ring drop aren't they

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Tarnop posted:

Vessel of Hatred expansion coming late 2024

An entire expansion about this thread.

New class: Templar, like paladin but not.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Mayan/Aztec with no Witchdoctor and an army of 50 stabby guys running everywhere? :(

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Maybe since they're adding in more uniques they can condense some of the less interesting aspects into 1 so that you're not constantly losing slots.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Mustached Demon posted:

New class: Templar, like paladin but not.

Yeah call it a Knight or Armiger or Champion or Warlord or whatever the hell you want, the lack of a heavy armor sword-and-board archetype is such a glaring hole in the current class array I can't believe it won't be the first one added

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

I just realized, they are gonna bring back the Barber but tie it to an Uber Unqiue ring drop aren't they

Probably, it's been a witch doctor weapon in D3 for a while so they clearly like the effect

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Sword and Board and Powered By Holy are two big missing gaps and quite frankly they previewed one of the inevitable D4 ultimate abilities for a Paladin class, it'll be going Big Mode in the iron maiden armor.

Maybe they'll trick us and sneak in a Holy Inquisitor with more of a magic bend. Or that arcane fueled Horadrim class idea me and a billion nerds have had since D2.

As much as I like the idea of a more disciplined martial warrior type like a Warlord isn't that just putting clothes on the Barbarian? Barbarian has battlefield commands down and D3 Crusader had a pretty cool interpretation of being supported by an army.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

ninjahedgehog posted:

Yeah call it a Knight or Armiger or Champion or Warlord or whatever the hell you want, the lack of a heavy armor sword-and-board archetype is such a glaring hole in the current class array I can't believe it won't be the first one added

It's set where the Zakarum have their old HQ and the remnants were a big part of the D4 campaign story, so some kind of renegade Zakarum Knight that is basically a different flavor of Templar/D2 Paladin seems very likely.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

I was expecting a whole lot more

that was bad

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Instead of a faith guy it'll be a guy who's lost faith. Maybe... Apostate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Let me have a fetish jump on my shoulders and spit fire