Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

smellmycheese posted:

This doesn’t sound great

:megadeath:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I mean bibi was fulminating about 'fulfilling the prophecy' which is always a cool and reassuring thing to hear from the head of a belligerent nuclear armed state

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Both sides are dialling it up to eleven, when seven was already destroying everything. :rolleyes:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Microplastics posted:

OwlFancier where were you on the night of 20 minutes ago

Feverish and delirious like I said.

I don't think I have manifested the ability to stab people psychically but if I have I'm not getting sick again just to weaponize it for the revolution.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

smellmycheese posted:

This doesn’t sound great

The speech was basically 'we had nothing to do with this, and that's set to continue, but we thought it was cool and good.' So, good news if you don't want the regional conflict to escalate, bad news if you're hoping pressure from Hezbollah on Israel's northern border might interfere with the siege/invasion of Gaza by requiring the IDF to split its forces.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
As it's the spooky season, here's the best English ghost story:
https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/925328796592599040

And now Flemish has dropped the h anyway.

gees't

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Darth Walrus posted:

The speech was basically 'we had nothing to do with this, and that's set to continue, but we thought it was cool and good.' So, good news if you don't want the regional conflict to escalate, bad news if you're hoping pressure from Hezbollah on Israel's northern border might interfere with the siege/invasion of Gaza by requiring the IDF to split its forces.

Hezbollah doesn't have an air force or armoured columns that they can send into Israel, unfortunately! Not do they want the USA using those aircraft carriers parked up in the Med to flatten Beirut. It's a war of attrition with Israel and Hezbollah's strategy is to maintain the pressure and wait for Israel to fall over from the economic damage caused by having like a third of the working age population called up to fight.
There's a reason Israel does fast wars: their society literally isn't capable of handing drawn-out ones.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Goo-er

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Pistol_Pete posted:

Hezbollah doesn't have an air force or armoured columns that they can send into Israel, unfortunately! Not do they want the USA using those aircraft carriers parked up in the Med to flatten Beirut. It's a war of attrition with Israel and Hezbollah's strategy is to maintain the pressure and wait for Israel to fall over from the economic damage caused by having like a third of the working age population called up to fight.
There's a reason Israel does fast wars: their society literally isn't capable of handing drawn-out ones.

Well they’re certainly working fast today. Currently bombing 3 separate hospitals. The footage I’ve just seen is absolutely horrendous.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Skull Servant posted:

There's two relatives of mine who fought in WWII - one died and one survived. Absolutely still never wearing one.

Always fun to point out my family fought on the other side in WWI when asked about the poppy and lack thereof (technically didn't fight but acted in non-combat roles, regardless).

With WWII it was a concetration camp on one side and forced labour making fighter planes for the nazis on the other, soo. I guess if you want to be very morbid you could call it unwilling participation in non-combat roles, but I think they'd rather murder the people telling them to do it, if anyone. Not that subject nations fighting for AH in WWI was very voluntary or popular either.

e: fought not thought, funny how that sort of typo happens

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Nov 3, 2023

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Pistol_Pete posted:

They do, however, have a massive arsenal of artillery plus reasonably well-trained guerrilla fighters. They could cause a lot more chaos up north than they are presently choosing to - conventional invasions are hardly their only course of action.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

images you can hear

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

That picture looks like it was taken in the 40s

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

grobbo posted:

"it is disrespectful to call for a ceasefire on Armistice Day" - that's it, I've lost my last shred of sanity. Just absolutely done. What a murderous pack of twats.
it's particularly piss-boiling, because any article on the march is like

organizers: we think Armistice Day a particularly fitting time to hold a peaceful demonstration calling for a ceasefire. we are taking special care to time it after the Remembrance Sunday ceremonies, and will be avoiding that part of the city entirely
the loving Met: we have no reason to connect any potential disruption to Remembrance Sunday with the demonstration planned for later that day elsewhere in London

the government:

i think they're genuinely disappointed that there hasn't been any 'widespread public disorder, violence, and damage' at the marches and are doing their damndest to will it into being so that they can play hardman and do a new crackdown on Protest In General

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Consistent with the transformation of armistice day into "war is very cool and aspirational actually" day.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

They have this complete sweaty desperation to go full turbo fash against their own population and it's absolutely pathetic. As useless as they are evil.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
also a psa i guess: you likely wouldn't know unless you read the feedback forum because there hasn't been any announcement, but there's been a strong push there for mods to crackdown very hard on 'gore-posting' in general lately, and as two of our thread regulars got multiple-week probes today for posting the aftermath of airstrikes in gaza, it looks like they're putting that into action. so, uh, keep that in mind when posting links.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

https://twitter.com/RachelRileyRR/status/1720496471852687457

:allears:

She's been on a loving roll lately

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Guavanaut posted:

As it's the spooky season, here's the best English ghost story:
https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/925328796592599040

And now Flemish has dropped the h anyway.

gees't

i hope the geese organise so that every golfing event, televised or not, looks like this

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

lmao @ "it's not racist because [extremely racist idea] might actually be true!!"

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
not to defend RR or anything, but that was actually her making an attempt at pulling out a trap card, rather than just being a bigot

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Apraxin posted:

also a psa i guess: you likely wouldn't know unless you read the feedback forum because there hasn't been any announcement, but there's been a strong push there for mods to crackdown very hard on 'gore-posting' in general lately, and as two of our thread regulars got multiple-week probes today for posting the aftermath of airstrikes in gaza, it looks like they're putting that into action. so, uh, keep that in mind when posting links.

So errr perhaps there should have been some kind of announcement, just saying?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
If they didn't want you drinking 3 bottles of wine a night why is that how many they put in a box?

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

NotJustANumber99 posted:

If they didn't want you drinking 3 bottles of wine a night why is that how many they put in a box?

What, why? How? Is it like a triangle situation?

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

L shaped box?

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

Brendan Rodgers posted:

What, why? How? Is it like a triangle situation?

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Instead of putting three bottles in that box, they should just use a big plastic bladder you can squirt directly into your bloated gob, and afterwards you can take it out, blow it up and kick it about a bit.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The true Goon experience.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i thought they did. the wine is not contained by cardboard, it's in a sack

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Get a load of these guys and their lack of wine knowledge. Ask your sommelier for their advice on which box to go for.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Apraxin posted:

not to defend RR or anything, but that was actually her making an attempt at pulling out a trap card, rather than just being a bigot

Hmm, I wonder if the ever in good faith Rachel Riley might be glossing over something here.

E: not that this is definitive proof of anything of course, it could still just be racism on the other team's part.

Doctor_Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Nov 3, 2023

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

I'm glad to learn that the Waitrose equivalent of a 2L bottle of cider exists.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
don't even drink properly anymore but would take the silver foil bag out of one of those boxes, declare it spacewine and myself a space pirate, get fuckin' pissed and commence to raid the medway in a loving heartbeat

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

DesperateDan posted:

don't even drink properly anymore but would take the silver foil bag out of one of those boxes, declare it spacewine and myself a space pirate, get fuckin' pissed and commence to raid the medway in a loving heartbeat

Let's put Whiskey in a toothpaste tube and market it as zero-g space age tech

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

i thought they did. the wine is not contained by cardboard, it's in a sack

Love a sack of wine, me

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Microplastics posted:

Love a sack of wine, me

You could sell sacks of sack

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

It's nice to see we still have more that unites us (bags of wine) than we do that divides us (all that politics crap you all bang on about).

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Important gimp news:

https://twitter.com/Telegraph/status/1720471040323645882

https://twitter.com/Ersatzov/status/1720509582873886886

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
The bag can be blown up and used as a pillow afterwards too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Red gimp suit and get back out there imho