Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

a new study bible! posted:

Yeah I kind of like Chicagos even if it looks evil

it looks like rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

They all look ugly, but I think it has charms.

The Blazers is the only one that I think will actually look good maybe.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

like the Thunder court a lot, think the Bulls court looks great, the Nuggets court is a piss river, and the rest from tonight are bad. excited for some of the other courts we are gonna see

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

The worst is the nuggets just because of the 5280 branding

e: do they serve beer in mason jars there

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Nov 3, 2023

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

All the trappings are whatever, especially the trophies, but the core idea of “what if courts were bright primary colors instead of dull-rear end wood” is a solid one

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

DC Murderverse posted:

All the trappings are whatever, especially the trophies, but the core idea of “what if courts were bright primary colors instead of dull-rear end wood” is a solid one

this is why the Bucks' court is so fuckin disappointing

https://twitter.com/nihilist_bucks/status/1720484563233722591

still just all dull wood

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

They should bring in asphalt courts and chain nets for next season’s tournament.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

They should bring in asphalt courts and chain nets for next season’s tournament.

This but unironically

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

NBA Street rules where you get to take a guy off the team you beat.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

The year after that they should put in slamball trampolines

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Plexiglass around the court and no out-of-bounds rules.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Plexiglass around the court and no out-of-bounds rules.

Passing to yourself is legal and resets your dribble

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

That's just dribbling off the wall, which of course would be legal.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Adapting one of my old favorite half-court rules:

If you make a defensive rebound on a ball that doesn't touch the rim, then you don't have to send the ball back down court.
You can score on the opponent's basket in that one instance, but the other team also gets the ball back on their half of the court.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Some stats that totally matter

https://twitter.com/kirkgoldsberry/status/1720460322366980119

feller
Jul 5, 2006

lol at the spurs icon

Harry Lime
Feb 27, 2008

this looks like an alternative universe set for the opening of Blade where the vampires are playing basketball instead of clubbing

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://pr.nba.com/ll-cool-j-the-roots-in-season-tournament-anthem/

yall what the gently caress

quote:

LL COOL J and The Roots reimagine Grammy® Award-winning single “Mama Said Knock You Out” for NBA In-Season Tournament Anthem

The anthem, a bespoke reprise of LL COOL J’s Grammy® Award-winning single, “Mama Said Knock You Out,” features the familiar hook from The Roots’ popular track “Here I Come.” The reimagined version combines the iconic lyrics of the 1991 hit “Mama Said You Knock You Out” with the energetic melody of “Here I Come.” It will serve as the musical backdrop for the stages of the In-Season Tournament, starting with Group Play involving all 30 teams and progressing through the single-elimination Knockout Rounds, culminating in the Championship.

what the gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTFKjtBiw2I

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
The NBA hates brand recognition. It is Adam Silver’s dream to have 82 jerseys for 82 games per team with just as many floor patterns. Random.org will decide the colors

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

What do you have against bespoke reprises?

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

ll cool j is an artist that gets the people going. especially 20-somethings. nice

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

elime anning posted:

The NBA hates brand recognition. It is Adam Silver’s dream to have 82 jerseys for 82 games per team with just as many floor patterns. Random.org will decide the colors

What they lose in brand recognition, they'll make up in NB2K DLC sales

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

it sounds cool though other than the IT'S THE IN SEASON TOURNAMENT additions

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

de curry GOAT posted:

ll cool j is an artist that gets the people going. especially 20-somethings. nice

one of the last 2K games i played used Kurtis Blow - Basketball as the main theme

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i love the way they dribble up and down the court

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

(Completely ignoring all other injuries) Wait, a Smart led offense is worst in the league? Gee who predicted that

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

So what’s the vibe among players about the tourney? Do we think they’ll care about the trophy?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Ghost Dog posted:

i love the way they dribble up and down the court

blue squares posted:

So what’s the vibe among players about the tourney? Do we think they’ll care about the trophy?

https://streamable.com/istmxw

"I'm not even going to lie - I don't even know what's going on" - Bones Hyland

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I wonder if the players' union would EVER sign on to something like this. Asphalt has to be a bigger injury risk than hardwood, but just imagine an actual NBA game/tourney at Rucker Park or somewhere like that. People would go insane. It would be legendary.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

The in season tournament takes place every friday? who cares about this...

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

hifi posted:

The in season tournament takes place every friday? who cares about this...

every friday and every tuesday for the group play

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

mdemone posted:

I wonder if the players' union would EVER sign on to something like this. Asphalt has to be a bigger injury risk than hardwood, but just imagine an actual NBA game/tourney at Rucker Park or somewhere like that. People would go insane. It would be legendary.

The owners would probably refuse to consider the idea unless they figure out a way to sell 20,000 tickets and 40,000 $10 bud lites at a streetball court

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

When they first brought it up I thought the tournament was going to be like a 1 week thing at a neutral site, not just regular games given arbitrary tourny status. Pretty lame.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
It’s dumb as hell, adds nothing to the season, Adam silver is a dicknuts

feller
Jul 5, 2006

It's awesome actually

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
I have no opinion on the tournament

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i am excited to watch some basketball as per usual

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'm indifferent about the group stage but I do like a lot of the new courts. When it's elimination games that'll be a lot more hype for me.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
They’ve done outdoor regular season games before but it was on hardwood, not asphalt

The breeze seemed to affect jump shooters a little

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Shear Modulus posted:

The owners would probably refuse to consider the idea unless they figure out a way to sell 20,000 tickets and 40,000 $10 bud lites at a streetball court

Just build the court at Hard Rock stadium