Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
shittalking the team that won the world championship literally 3 days ago isn't gonna get you anywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I already took my 2 shots at Bregman, I'm good.

It's nice to know players have a brain broken similar to mine tho

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
so much cope in here, it rules

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Intruder posted:

The hypocrisy of american christianity is pretty evident but also not something we should be talking about in the baseball thread? IDK, I guess since free agency doesn't start for three more days maybe it's a big who cares until then

Are you saying you dont think Jesus Christ could hit a curve ball?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Chieves posted:

Parades are a beating. You're getting a better view on Fox4 or whatever then where you'd have to be now.

The only good parades are through urban environments, not through empty 4 lane interchanges.

Can confirm. Seahawks SB parade was loving nuts

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
They should have rolled coal during the parade.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

Can confirm. Seahawks SB parade was loving nuts

The only good parades are when someone chunks a beer at Ted Cruz's head.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Popete posted:

They should have rolled coal during the parade.

Someone probably will while leaving.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Sab0921 posted:

I'd be wary of His fielding. Throws seem likely to go through His hands.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Mustached Demon posted:

Well yeah it was a snake that got humans kicked out of paradise.

Because humans didn’t deserve it. So really it was a Karmic Rightening

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Every other post-Devil snake: wtf man?

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Sab0921 posted:

The only good parades are when someone chunks a beer at Ted Cruz's head.

Or when someone's hat gets accidentally dropped and then it's tossed up like 7 stories of a parking garage to return to the owner while everyone cheers

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Sab0921 posted:

Okay Harris. Let's not start a holy war here.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
My personal fan-theory is that the serpent in Eden was a dragon.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

zoux posted:

Every other post-Devil snake: wtf man?

“Man, we can’t even carry an apple!”

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

No Safe Word posted:

Or when someone's hat gets accidentally dropped and then it's tossed up like 7 stories of a parking garage to return to the owner while everyone cheers

It really is a shame that the Astros don't win the World Series every year.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It is funny how much bad blood there is between the Rangers and the Astros after just 10 years in the same division. No Texas teams really have any rivalaries, Oilers/Texans and Cowboys were never in conflict, and it doesn't seem like the Spurs, Mavs, and Rockets ever get hot, not like say Hawks/Knicks. SF and LAD also have that kind of beef - and in fact went west together to keep it - so the only conclusion is that same state teams should always be in the same division in every sport.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

zoux posted:

It is funny how much bad blood there is between the Rangers and the Astros after just 10 years in the same division. No Texas teams really have any rivalaries, Oilers/Texans and Cowboys were never in conflict, and it doesn't seem like the Spurs, Mavs, and Rockets ever get hot, not like say Hawks/Knicks. SF and LAD also have that kind of beef - and in fact went west together to keep it - so the only conclusion is that same state teams should always be in the same division in every sport.

Cowboys are a unique case because gently caress them.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

zoux posted:

lol you have to be kidding about rockets/mavs/spurs

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

zoux posted:

Rockets and Spurs had some beef in the mid 90s when the Rockets were at their peak and the Spurs were on the come-up, but then the Spurs just became the model NBA franchise for a decade or so and the Rockets didn't do poo poo. Specifically the "Hakeem took the MVP snub personally and single-handedly murdered David Robinson's in the middle of the court" narrative from 1995.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Basketball fandom seems more chill baseline than baseball fandom, which is somehow the angriest

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

to my fellow Astros posters remember what it felt like when people tried to make cans or buzzer jokes in the days immediately after winning the WS last year: you didn't give a single gently caress

please don't embarrass yourselves

Dukberry
Nov 5, 2013

I feel like the bad blood with Houston is extremely recent, localized entirely within this season (though it's probably here to stay as long as adolis and altuve are playing), like I remember surrogate cheering for the Astros in 2017, esp as a resident that got hurt by Harvey and subsequently until it was revealed they had been cheating. Then it wasn't like the rangers could do anything about it until this season.

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?
Have the Texans ever been good enough to get into real beef territory with anyone (including Dallas)?

Reiterating my plan for four 8-team divisions based on geography for a 32-team MLB. I would love to see the Phillies and Nu-Expos a few times a year (already have the Mets due to the rivalry games on the schedule).

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Legendary Ptarmigan posted:

Have the Texans ever been good
Let me just stop you there.

No. Even in the best of the BOB years, still no.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Rangers fans should get to enjoy every single minute of this and nothing anyone will say will really do anything to diminish it.

If anyone isn't a basketball fan or just doesn't know a lot about 90s NBA, go look up the Hakeem/Robinson matchup because it was some top tier content.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Legendary Ptarmigan posted:

Have the Texans ever been good enough to get into real beef territory with anyone (including Dallas)?

Reiterating my plan for four 8-team divisions based on geography for a 32-team MLB. I would love to see the Phillies and Nu-Expos a few times a year (already have the Mets due to the rivalry games on the schedule).

The Texans were the best of their division in the 2010s which isnt' saying much

Still haven't made it to the conference championship

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
https://twitter.com/JayCuda/status/1720435657653236188

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Sab0921 posted:

Could God throw a curveball that even He could not hit? Yes, and he'd mash a dinger anyway

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Forrest on Fire posted:

Could God throw a curveball that even He could not hit? Yes, and he'd mash a dinger anyway

Would the angels in the outfield catch it at the wall though?

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Dameius posted:

Would the angels in the outfield catch it at the wall though?

No because it would be a particularly heartbreaking way for the Angels to lose

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

my favorite thing about angels in the outfield was when they won the pennant the dad was like look kid it was just a figure of speech and leaves anyway

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Jorge Soler is a free agent. Is he still cool? Would be be cool on the Cubs?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Well other than allegedly winging a ball 90+ mph at a lady's face :v:

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Intruder posted:

my favorite thing about angels in the outfield was when they won the pennant the dad was like look kid it was just a figure of speech and leaves anyway

Also, when the kid asks Christopher Lloyd where all the angels are during the playoffs, and Lloyd shrugs and says they only work the regular season

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

zoux posted:

Basketball fandom seems more chill baseline than baseball fandom, which is somehow the angriest

worth re-posting this

https://twitter.com/ClassicShelb/status/1686871010010595328

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

MLB won't let them be white anymore so as far as I'm concerned the Homer Hanky is dead

Ah that's why they're red this year? They don't show up on TV or in the crowd at all with any color except white

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Intruder posted:

My favorite thing about Angels in the Outfield was every single time Tony Danza tried to look like a major league pitcher

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Intruder posted:

to my fellow Astros posters remember what it felt like when people tried to make cans or buzzer jokes in the days immediately after winning the WS last year: you didn't give a single gently caress

please don't embarrass yourselves

Look - Bregman should've been embarrassed at the front end.

He should've know the Rangers were playing 4-D chess, dropping the division to make sure the Astros had 4 games at Minute Maid during the ALCS.

We got played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Sab0921 posted:

Look - Bregman should've been embarrassed at the front end.

He should've know the Rangers were playing 4-D chess, dropping the division to make sure the Astros had 4 games at Minute Maid during the ALCS.

We got played.

We played ourselves.