Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Super Waffle posted:

I wish they'd do a Heroes set for a different legion, they've had like 3 different plague marine sets

no, it's been just the one plague marine set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Found some mechanicus rangers when going through my stuff, guess I bought them when they first came out.

These guys are pretty cool, but my good, how the poo poo does anyone paint them if you aren't some professional painter person?

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Super Waffle posted:

I wish they'd do a Heroes set for a different legion, they've had like 3 different plague marine sets

That is what happens when one of the sculpting leads is a turbo Nurgle herb.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

Cease to Hope posted:

no, it's been just the one plague marine set.

Ok, you're right. I must have thought the re-releases were all new sculpts or something.

Still, gimme some chaos!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Nurgle’s symbol is a stylized fly.

That’s why you often see variants of this less stylized fly in the same arrangement. It’s the head and two wings.

Khorne’s is a skull for those who haven’t noticed

I... Hesitate to ask what Slannesh's symbol is a simplification of.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/11/03/get-ready-to-spread-festive-cheer-with-da-red-gobbos-surprise/

Another year, another Da Red Gobbo model.

And there's also the usual christmas contest to make you subscribe to the newsletter.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Cooked Auto posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/11/03/get-ready-to-spread-festive-cheer-with-da-red-gobbos-surprise/

Another year, another Da Red Gobbo model.

And there's also the usual christmas contest to make you subscribe to the newsletter.

loving christm- god dammit halloween was like two days ago. Someone get the big E on the line and get this poo poo declared heresy or something we need an actual, honest war on christmas to crush this poo poo before it spreads any further. The last war on christmas was a failure thanksgiving is already lost and now there's beachheads being built around halloween.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

bird food bathtub posted:

loving christm- god dammit halloween was like two days ago. Someone get the big E on the line and get this poo poo declared heresy or something we need an actual, honest war on christmas to crush this poo poo before it spreads any further. The last war on christmas was a failure thanksgiving is already lost and now there's beachheads being built around halloween.

Christmas’s ongoing violation of the Black Friday Accords is an urgent crisis for all fall holidays

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I was just about to dig up that image. :v:

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Don't think of it as Early Christmas, think of it as Extended Orktober

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

You can buy the Halloween Bloodbowl Team all year though.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Black Friday and Christmas are effectively a single holiday sales season now.

The rest can only cling on to their niches of big family dinner and candy.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

In the grim darkness of the far future, it is always Christmas time.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

If you don't know on which day the Emperor was born, I guess every day is his birthday?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

So how do Vehicles determine line of sight to shoot? Like Can I technically shoot stuff behind my model? if I can draw a line between the vehicle and the enemy models?

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

There isn't any specific difference between vehicles and other models; if you can draw an uninterrupted line from any part of your model to any part of the target model, you have line of sight. You can technically shoot things behind your tank, or on the other side of it from a sponson, the game doesn't make that distinction any more.

Edit: If it helps, remember that everything is technically in motion and happening at once, so your tank shooting an enemy from the frontside of it's track is more like a representation of how it fires immediately coming around the terrain.

Practically speaking I may agree with an opponent to not count miniature flourishes for line or sight, meaning that I can't shoot your squad because the eagle on the banner is visible, or the tip or a spear is poking out. Line of sight should always be reciprocal so this also means you can't use that tip to fire back. By the base rules though, you would count any part of the miniature when making the check, even if it is bit of banner or ribbon.

Ashcans fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Nov 3, 2023

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Samovar posted:

I... Hesitate to ask what Slannesh's symbol is a simplification of.

Isn't it just a hosed up looking amalgamation of the male and female gender symbols?

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Yeah

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Okay thanks, this just a big mind gently caress from the last time I played and how you treated vehicles.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
It opens up some nice space for conversions

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

BadLlama posted:

Okay thanks, this just a big mind gently caress from the last time I played and how you treated vehicles.

Sometimes I miss stuff like vehicle facings, but then I remember the arguments about edge cases and decide, nah

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

smug jeebus posted:

It opens up some nice space for conversions

I was wondering why vehicles for some of these new armies were having guns pointing out the back and sides..

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Just tried to place an order on some back in stock stuff.

Why do I have to create an account again? This is like the third time.

Order placed, card charged... Zero confirmation from GW.

Great job guys, this was totally worth it to play a video on the homepage.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Don't worry, basic account functions are going to be added in an upcoming Codex Web Store supplement in a couple of months.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Cooked Auto posted:

Don't worry, basic account functions are going to be added in an upcoming Codex Web Store supplement in a couple of months.

No one has updated gamesworkshop.com to forward to their new website so I tried 3 times over the course of the past 2 days to go to their website and thought it was just erroring out. Yeah sure I forgot it's got that hyphen in it but also GW owns the non-hyphenated domain so like maybe use it?

Quality product all round.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
I've figured it out, the new website will slow down sales to the point where their manufacturing can actually keep up, it's brilliant

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Frankly I could believe that.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

The new website is not for anyone reading this thread. If you are in this thread you already know what you want and are navigating to it on their website, and would be able to find the product and order it successfully regardless of what the site looked like. The website is for parents and neophytes, people new to the hobby or people gifting. The website is tailored to excite and entice those people. Merging Black Library and Forgeword and changing the name on the store from games workshop to Warhammer reinforces this concept as well. No one asks their parents to buy them a "Black Library" book or a "Forgeworld" model, because they know those folks would not quite get it. People ask for Warhammer stuff. So now folks can tell their gift givers, "Get me a warhammer book or Warhammer model that is big and expensive" and they go to the Warhammer store and the path to profit is much more streamlined. As for the painting information being stripped away; that content being moved to other apps that entice hobbyists to make purchases is just strengthening vertical integration.

That being said, I do not care for the new store myself, but I can see why they did it.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

The real problem with the new site, and it's an obvious one that every other company virtually has the same issue with, is that it's been made to be good/better/okayish? on smartphones but they were not willing to spend the money for a desktop web browser UI version so computer users get hosed on yet another website redesign.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

What's some recommendations on plastic glue?

I've pretty much just used like gorilla glue but if this poo poo costing as much as it does now I guess I should have some glue that doesn't get everywhere

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Tamiya Extra Thin (quick set optional)

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Yeah Tamiya Extra Thin is the poo poo

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew
Mr Cement is good too, but you should be able to find both at Hobby Lobby

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Thanks!

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

BadLlama posted:

I've pretty much just used like gorilla glue but if this poo poo costing as much as it does now I guess I should have some glue that doesn't get everywhere

Tamiya extra thin is quite good but sometimes with bigger models and really large contact surfaces, stuff like like dragon legs attaching to a base and whatnot, I like a little thicker and more substantial glue, like this one from Revell.

https://www.amazon.com/Revell-Conta...ps%2C119&sr=8-1

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I would like to give GW my money but Tyranid monsters like Carnifexes and Maleceptors have been out of stock for a hot minute.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

The Brutalis Dreadnought is a chonky angy boi and is cool and my friend.

(That dread put in some WORK tonight for my crusade game.)

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

BadLlama posted:

Tamiya/Mr Hobby Extra Thin ofc, but if the smell is intolerable, Limonene Extra Thin (from either brand) is slower to set but smells much less vile.

I also like to have a plastic glue gel for uneven joins or fast set. I use Revell but you might want a different brand, since it's prone to leaving spiderwebs.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I'm a Tamiya Extra Thin and Loctite Gel man, myself. I also recently got a different Gorilla super glue that seems to a little bit stronger and a little bit faster than regular super glue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I don't think I'm "done" with her but I think I'm done for now with her