Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
Don't turn dinner into school, Peggy, dinner's one of the only things Bobby's good at.

tehslime
Jun 19, 2023

God I LOVE this episode. Underrated IMO.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Who? Who in the forum underrated it?

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Bobby's only been around rich people for a couple hours and Bobby already looks like the kid on the paint can.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

SettingSun posted:

Bobby's only been around rich people for a couple hours and Bobby already looks like the kid on the paint can.

Bobby blends in basically anywhere, doesn't he?

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Milo and POTUS posted:

THATHERTON

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Dale is probably the easiest character to write out of the show just from the point of view of having lots and lots of plausible things that could take him out of action:

-cancer from smoking
-cancer from pesticides
-gun club accident
-unlicensed construction project accident
-fled the country due to paranoid delusion
-arrested for violent anti-government activiity
-black-bagged for knowing too much about a for-real conspiracy
-abducted by aliens
-finally learns the truth about Joseph, divorces Nancy and moves out of state

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Dale is abducted by aliens and replaced by a not particularly skilled and yet inexplicably convincing impersonator.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
No dale, no watch

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

This isn't a live action show. They'll find a suitable replacement VA and we'll discuss in perpetuity about how we miss Hardwick Dale.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Milo and POTUS posted:

You joke but someone itt a few months ago watched KotH for the first time and they said they didn't like that episode at all

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, except that guy

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Asterite34 posted:

Dale is probably the easiest character to write out of the show just from the point of view of having lots and lots of plausible things that could take him out of action:

-cancer from smoking
-cancer from pesticides
-gun club accident
-unlicensed construction project accident
-fled the country due to paranoid delusion
-arrested for violent anti-government activiity
-black-bagged for knowing too much about a for-real conspiracy
-abducted by aliens
-finally learns the truth about Joseph, divorces Nancy and moves out of state

Sure you could do it, but it's a bad idea.

It would be like Seinfeld without Kramer

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Idk Curb Your Enthusiasm is pretty pretty good

naem
May 29, 2011

Seinfeld: OOPS all Newman

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Dale is abducted by aliens and replaced by a not particularly skilled and yet inexplicably convincing impersonator.

I think it's already been floated earlier in the thread to replace him with Octavio in a mack hat.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Jehde posted:

I think it's already been floated earlier in the thread to replace him with Octavio in a mack hat.

I want another episode where Hank helps Octavio fix his fender.

naem
May 29, 2011

replace with a lady dale

or have john red corn wear dales trucker cap and living with Nancy, beer in the alley with the boys, no explanation

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
ladybird is still alive in the continuation or i'll eat my hat (one of those delicious nacho sombreros)

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

ladybird was like a billion years old but now that i think about it the funnier it would be

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
Hank leaves town on a business trip for a few days, and well wouldn't you know it Peggy took Ladybird in for plastic surgery! I tell you what she looked almost ten years younger when he got back!

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
“It’ll be great, Bobby’s only 13 years old so it’ll be fun for him…
But ladybird is almost thirteen, she’s set in her ways!”

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Milo and POTUS posted:

That episode doesn't need any more help

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

The ep where they bring him back is easily bottom 5 though, just putrid

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

ladybird was like a billion years old but now that i think about it the funnier it would be

In the first episode she tries to attack a roofing contractor but ends up crumbling into dust.

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Computer lab day! Time to spend 45 minutes trying to load pokemon.com!

Have her be lying somewhere in the room for a bunch of episodes. Later it's revealed that she's been taxidermied and is just being drug from room to room by Hank.

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Computer lab day! Time to spend 45 minutes trying to load pokemon.com!

Or even better, it's Peggy moving her around and Hank can't tell that she's been dead for years.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

The Moon Monster posted:

In the first episode she tries to attack a roofing contractor but ends up crumbling into dust.

Dusty old bones

Full of green dust

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Prof. Banks posted:

Have her be lying somewhere in the room for a bunch of episodes. Later it's revealed that she's been taxidermied and is just being drug from room to room by Hank.

Hank can talk to her when looking for moral guidance like his Tom Landry commemorative plate

...that is still the weirdest thing Hank has apparently done more than once.

Bread Zeppelin
Aug 2, 2006
Stairway to Leaven
Is Hank's fixation on propane meant to be a way to show that he is an incredibly bland person, or did the writers not understand Texas and its love of wood smoked bbq? After living in Texas, I don't see how Hank could have had any friends with how much he talks about "tasting the meat and not the heat." He would have been shunned like a pariah for wanting to "bbq" on propane.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Bread Zeppelin posted:

Is Hank's fixation on propane meant to be a way to show that he is an incredibly bland person, or did the writers not understand Texas and its love of wood smoked bbq? After living in Texas, I don't see how Hank could have had any friends with how much he talks about "tasting the meat and not the heat." He would have been shunned like a pariah for wanting to "bbq" on propane.

There's a whole episode where Hank isn't allowed to grill with propane at the Texas State Fair and he's shocked that he's the only one who gives a poo poo.

The propane thing is just a bit of Flanderization honestly, in the earlier episodes he doesn't hate charcoal at all. Khan grills him a burger right in front of him and Hank at first thinks the char means it's burnt, but after eating it says it's the best burger he's ever eaten.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

On this point I completely agree with hank. Charcoal is a vastly inferior fuel and should not be used to cook food. I will not be taking questions thank you

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Bread Zeppelin posted:

I think it's just a thing he latched onto purely by happenstance and just attributes infallible virtue to it after the fact to justify his devotion, while minimizing any perceived flaws. Same way be behaves about most of the things he's devoted to in life: Buck Strickland, the Dallas Cowboys, GWB, the Board of Zoning and Resources, his dad (mostly in his earlier appearances because even he couldn't ignore how much of a jackass Cotton was)

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Hank first met Buck when he was working at Jeans West. I always thought it was a made up store until I watched True Stories and John Goodman’s character walks past one at a mall.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

The Buck Hank met at Jeans West seemed to genuinely have the huge passion for propane that Hank has now.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Asterite34 posted:

I think it's just a thing he latched onto purely by happenstance and just attributes infallible virtue to it after the fact to justify his devotion, while minimizing any perceived flaws. Same way be behaves about most of the things he's devoted to in life: Buck Strickland, the Dallas Cowboys, GWB, the Board of Zoning and Resources, his dad (mostly in his earlier appearances because even he couldn't ignore how much of a jackass Cotton was)

I still say a lot about Hank would make sense with him being high functioning autistic.

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
A poodle? Why not go all the way and get me a cat and a sex change operation?

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SilvergunSuperman posted:

The ep where they bring him back is easily bottom 5 though, just putrid

J'accuuuuse!!

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Bread Zeppelin posted:

I think it's as simple as propane giving him a real career, getting him out of retail and since he's a hard worker (I tell ya what) who always listens to his boss, he just bought into whatever Buck Strickland said about it. To the point that he centers a lot of his identity around it.

It'd be like if I started working for Apple and bought into their bullshit, where Android phones and PC's were inferior products worthy of mockery. I mean...it would if I were like Hank.

My grandfather worked for Coca Cola for decades back when you could work at a company for 40 years, work your way up and collect a pension and Pepsi products were strictly forbidden in the house and mocked at every turn. I think he actually believed that Pepsi was a bastard gas soft drink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
He was right.