Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Leal posted:

I only watch their super cuts talking about Linkara and Doug Walker

I am glad I am not the only one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Fifteen of Many posted:

I just finished Alice's quests in Spiritfarer and, man. I feel like I need to go hug someone. Game is good!

I really loved that game, so much mixed emotions of joy and sadness.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Leal posted:

I only watch their super cuts talking about Linkara and Doug Walker

how many times do they say "soyboys" in those ones

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer
Next Humble Choice leaked games:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1161580/Hardspace_Shipbreaker/
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1942660/WWE_2K23/
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1406850/The_Legend_of_Tianding/
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1135690/Unpacking/
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1785150/Friends_vs_Friends

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Any mods that shake up NMS gameplay? Expand combat or add more reasons to build bases? I'm on a space game kick after Starfield and like sandboxes but could use a bit more purpose than being a space tourist.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Worth it for Unpacking alone

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Hwurmp posted:

how many times do they say "soyboys" in those ones

None, they only have room in their hearts for Doug Walker and The Lightbringer

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
I am intensely curious to find out where The Talos Principle 2 is going.

Lmao, by the way, at the museum in the city. Especially the toothbrush and the massage stick.

I spent a lot of time at the cat memorial.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
oops, didn't notice the WB humble bundle was ending so soon

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006

Rinkles posted:

oops, didn't notice the WB humble bundle was ending so soon

Could've sworn it said 15 days last time I looked. Prolly 15 hours, 'cause it gone. Wanted to buy it on Monday haha

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

23 Skidoo posted:

Could've sworn it said 15 days last time I looked. Prolly 15 hours, 'cause it gone. Wanted to buy it on Monday haha

yeah i checked yesterday and i don't remember specifically how much but i thought i had more time

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

Grimey Drawer
If you see a bundle ending, warn a brother

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
Humble support posted this on Twitter:

quote:

Due to the overwhelming popularity of the WB100: Play the Legends bundle, we have temporarily suspended sales while we work to restock keys, and hope to be able to bring the bundle back on sale soon. Thank you for your patience, support, and enthusiasm for this bundle.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

ah so i'm not quite senile yet

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

The first Talos Principle is probably in my top 10 of all time, and so far Talos 2 is nailing the vibe of the first one. Absolutely love it.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

A Proper Uppercut posted:

The first Talos Principle is probably in my top 10 of all time, and so far Talos 2 is nailing the vibe of the first one. Absolutely love it.

This.

Posted these in the screenshot thread. I don't think it's a spoiler that there are "robots" in this game?

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The thing I didn't like about the first game was the many wide open areas that were completely empty (maybe with an cryptic star puzzle hidden somewhere.) It was like exploring a tech demo.

Looks like they tried a little harder this time at least.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Koburn posted:

The thing I didn't like about the first game was the many wide open areas that were completely empty (maybe with an cryptic star puzzle hidden somewhere.) It was like exploring a tech demo.

That was one of the things I kinda liked about it. It felt like ancient ruins scattered around.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Koburn posted:

It was like exploring a tech demo.

Which did fit the theme to be fair. 2 is nicer to look at and there are some things to find, but it's still mostly running from puzzle room to puzzle room (so far). I kinda wish it had genuine maps, the compass sucks.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Koburn posted:

I never really minded that, since you also had the Serious Sam super speed, so you could get anywhere in no time.

Edit: And in typical Croteam fashion, there were a lot of secrets scattered around.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Nov 4, 2023

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I'm rerunning Talos 1 because I couldn't remember the story at all. I have maybe a vague memory of the end cut scene.

Even so, I still remember how to solve some of these puzzles. My brain has terrible prioritization.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

It's been said but it bears repeating.

Talos Principle 2 is really, really good.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

kazil posted:

It's been said but it bears repeating.

Talos Principle 2 is really, really good.

The music is spectacular.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I enjoyed the original Talos Principle until it started getting actually challenging about halfway in, and I realized I'm not very good at puzzle games. I'm glad to see Croteam is still going strong, though, I have such fond memories of the first Serious Sam. Pure chaos and adrenaline.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

oh thank god talos 2 telegraphs where the star puzzles are, having to smash your face against every nook and cranny to find what you're even supposed to be solving was the worst part of the first one

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

hmm i'll have to think on that one, it'll depend on what the remaining 3 games are. i've already played unpacking, don't care about WWE, don't play multiplayer games, so that just leaves Shipbreaker (which I am interested in) and Tianding

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
Hey gang! I'm looking for some rather linear games (that aren't Telltale games) I can play comfortably on the couch with a controller and where I don't really have to think too hard to solve puzzles. Examples of games I've played recently that are kinda what I'm talking about:

A Plague Tale: Innocence
The Forgotten City
The Quarry / The Dark Pictures games
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

I want to try to give Life Is Strange another shot, but I found the game to be just overwhelmingly... I don't know the word. That 00s teen quasi-whismiscal aesthetic? This game is saturated with it. But maybe I'll get past it. I hear it's good!

credburn fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Nov 4, 2023

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

credburn posted:

Hey gang! I'm looking for some rather linear games (that aren't Telltale games) I can play comfortably on the couch with a controller and where I don't really have to think too hard to solve puzzles. Examples of games I've played recently that are kinda what I'm talking about :

The Forgotten City

I want to try to give Life Is Strange another shot, but I found the game to be just overwhelmingly... I don't know the word. That 00s teen quasi-whismiscal aesthetic? This game is saturated with it. But maybe I'll get past it. I hear it's good!

Hi-Fi Rush
Warhammer: Space Marine
Plague Tale: Requiem, although it's even more aggressively grimdark than the first & might even be more so than Last of Us 2
Dead Space 2
Second Sight

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Nov 4, 2023

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Man I been waiting hours on steam support to contact me so I can reset my loving password that I forgot

loving hell update your information if you havent

I dont have the same phone or debit card and it's a real pain in the rear end

Never should have uninstalled the mobile app!!!

Squiggly Beast
Apr 29, 2009

orksorksOrksORKS!
:orks: :orks101:
Gravy Boat 2k

credburn posted:

Hey gang! I'm looking for some rather linear games (that aren't Telltale games) I can play comfortably on the couch with a controller and where I don't really have to think too hard to solve puzzles. Examples of games I've played recently that are kinda what I'm talking about :

The Forgotten City

If you don't mind a wee bit of concentrated schmaltz, Rime is a really comfy 3d puzzly-platformer. Think Zelda dungeon-esque pushing of blocks and tinkering with contraptions. It's quite short and breezy - no difficult puzzles and shouldn't take more than 10 hours to see pretty much everything.

Story is nice and straightforward, there's some great level design and fantastic music, and it all ends on a satisfying note (albeit tearful - keep ample tissues to hand if you're weepy!)

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

verbal enema posted:

Man I been waiting hours on steam support to contact me so I can reset my loving password that I forgot

loving hell update your information if you havent

I dont have the same phone or debit card and it's a real pain in the rear end

Never should have uninstalled the mobile app!!!

use keepass op

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

credburn posted:

How far did you go? As someone who got 100% achievement in the first Life is Strange game, it does not get better.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

use keepass op

nobody keeps my rear end but me

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

use keepass op

i don't need help keeping my rear end, thank you.

edit: god drat it!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

keep is stored in the rear end

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

use keepass op

thats the way we like to gently caress

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Hwurmp posted:

Hi-Fi Rush
Warhammer: Space Marine
Plague Tale: Requiem, although it's even more aggressively grimdark than the first & might even be more so than Last of Us 2
Dead Space 2
Second Sight

Speaking of, there's not a chance Space Marine 2 comes out this year, huh?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Steam says Planned 2023 release, but yea I think if it were coming in <= 60 days we'd know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

credburn posted:

The Forgotten City

Planet of Lana if you're OK with a 2D platformer.