Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im a good boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Like seriously, I just went through the first 10 pages of this week's AEW thread. The first 6 pages are 95% people talking about the show, good or bad, incredibly "regular" "normal" posting. Ric Flair's signing gets announced on page 6, and the next 4 pages are about that and how people feel, in varying degrees of seriousness. This poo poo is so strange

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

CarlCX posted:

No, you're definitely right, That DICK!. People like Elephant Ambush who've been posting here for years across multiple threads over multiple companies about how much they like the sport are definitely just joyless "it" creatures and they definitely don't have any kind of a point or valid frustration about people here getting overly lovely sometimes. You have definitely posted a good thing here.

Correct

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

CarlCX posted:

I agree, but the precipitating offense here wasn't rivals.com pun names, it was a group antagonism meltdown. Which is part of what gets us here:

Out of the many, many reports that came out of that thread, you were one of them who also got probed because, in railing against people doing group antagonism, you got mad and started doing the same thing.

No, you're definitely right, That DICK!. People like Elephant Ambush who've been posting here for years across multiple threads over multiple companies about how much they like the sport are definitely just joyless "it" creatures and they definitely don't have any kind of a point or valid frustration about people here getting overly lovely sometimes. You have definitely posted a good thing here.

I will be screaming my divine prayers to the great Pain Worm that the terrible heaven of the void will make a corrective probation work just this once, just for me.

Genuinely, unironically, I think there needs to be some collective reflection on the idea that a bunch of people who have been around for a long time do not feel like being here anymore. gently caress, I was one of them for awhile. And that happens! Sometimes people go away. But there's a persistent pattern of recurring blowups that ultimately get dismissed because community is big and abstract and it's easier to just tell people not to care and to :justpost:, and after several years of doing that we have the same recurring blowups and the only tangible difference is a larger preponderance of people who don't want to be here anymore.

I was going to keep my mouth shut because I hashed it out with EM.F in PMs but this is a really stupid probe. Elephant Ambush is not offering up feedback, I actually have no idea what the gently caress they're offering up besides lashing out at a bunch of people. I have no idea where anyone is getting the idea that I want to "gently caress with other people's emotions" and it actually makes me deeply uncomfortable that someone is malding this badly about everything I post and I wish anyone who is doing that would not read my posts, that's not why I come here.

I would also love to hear more about what you're defining as "group antagonism" and to see some concrete examples of it since you have called it out. Was it when I was called "covered in poo poo", "feigning ignorance", a bad faith malicious troll or is that not the group antagonism you were referring to? Because the post I was probed for was me giving back negative energy to several posters who were giving it to me after I got fed up. There are some people here who love to hit others because they don't like their opinions and then smash the report button as soon as someone hits back and its kind of pathetic.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I was going to keep my mouth shut because I hashed it out with EM.F in PMs but this is a really stupid probe. Elephant Ambush is not offering up feedback, I actually have no idea what the gently caress they're offering up besides lashing out at a bunch of people. I have no idea where anyone is getting the idea that I want to "gently caress with other people's emotions" and it actually makes me deeply uncomfortable that someone is malding this badly about everything I post and I wish anyone who is doing that would not read my posts, that's not why I come here.

I would also love to hear more about what you're defining as "group antagonism" and to see some concrete examples of it since you have called it out. Was it when I was called "covered in poo poo", "feigning ignorance", a bad faith malicious troll or is that not the group antagonism you were referring to? Because the post I was probed for was me giving back negative energy to several posters who were giving it to me after I got fed up. There are some people here who love to hit others because they don't like their opinions and then smash the report button as soon as someone hits back and its kind of pathetic.

Would love to see these examples as well

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Another QCS crew brigade 😒

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

CarlCX posted:

elephant ambush is one of the most mean spirited posters in this entite forum lol, you are smoking crack

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

For my part, because I do believe I'm part of it, I don't actually have any issues with any posters. There are some posters that get on my nerves but I recognize that's a me issue and not a them issue. I don't like reading a bunch of negative posts about something I'm enjoying because it brings me down - but that's a me issue.

In the future if I have issue with not enjoying a thread I will not call anyone out - I'll just bounce.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
We just need to make one of the mean posters a mod to even out the balance.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

FWIW I was one of the people who reported Jungle Boy’s post. Felt like a big escalation from Shard saying they were leaving to Jungle Boy and Lamuella’s back and forth. Added nothing to the thread except making it all about them (Jungle Boy and Lamuella). I don’t wanna read that, nobody does.

Also just imho but if a 6 hour probe on a Friday night is this distressing then it might be good to take some time away from the thread. This reminds me of a politics thread or, even more concerning, how the GBS Covid thread got at times.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

yea ok posted:

Every time this thread has this feedback loop, nobody has anything tangible to say besides "vibes" or "the thread is so bad!". Personally I have never had more negativity in my direction than when I started souring on the product and posting thoughts saying as much. I make it a point to try my best to never post about posters, but only about the product and my thoughts on it and the people involved. In my experience, the majority of people upset with the Vibes tend to be the ones who immediately make it the most personal, or are the quickest to say how dumb, stupid or fucktarded some crew that they made up in their head is.

Not to call out Elephant Ambush, but I suppose I will. In their long post there it's full of personal attacks, insults, lumping people together and is so much more negative and to me, much worse vibes than anything prior or since. Just because someone enjoys what they watch does not mean they are a positive person, or contribute positively to a thread.

Idk that there's a "fix" or that there even needs to be a "fix", or what I'm saying, or anything at all. Bye

It's this.

TKO is a great place to talk wrestling but no place will ever be perfect. If legitimately bad things get posted they can be reported and addressed. Other than that people gotta accept that others will have different experiences and opinions they bring to the discussion.

In my opinion at least.

In conclusion, make Eat My Fuc mod.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

A Fancy Hat posted:

This reminds me of a politics thread or, even more concerning, how the GBS Covid thread got at times.

Close the forum.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh look the aew thread is having another meltdown

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I read all this and I'm still blaming people who can't read dumb jokes without getting earnestly red hot mad and also post angry and earnestly about wrestling over those making dumb jokes. No one has a victim because they're expected to control themselves in public.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gumball Gumption posted:

I read all this and I'm still blaming people who can't read dumb jokes without getting earnestly red hot mad and also post angry and earnestly about wrestling over those making dumb jokes. No one has a victim because they're expected to control themselves in public.

its what made reading any of the pro-wrestling threads an awful experience imo.

that and the overly horny posting when aew first started up but i've been told that it calmed down, aside from the time smarxist posted an unprompted zoomed in photo of kenny omega's groin like a weird freak.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

If there is any big tent position that can unite the AEW thread its that Smarxist should be killed

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I’m glad the horny posting went away though, it sucked bad.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Mekchu posted:

its what made reading any of the pro-wrestling threads an awful experience imo.

that and the overly horny posting when aew first started up but i've been told that it calmed down, aside from the time smarxist posted an unprompted zoomed in photo of kenny omega's groin like a weird freak.

Well the horny stuff ended years ago. I think the pro wrestling threads here are pretty good by and large.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

duckdealer posted:

Well the horny stuff ended years ago. I think the pro wrestling threads here are pretty good by and large.

yeah sorry bud, i'm not gonna bother reading those threads no matter how many times 'its the best place to talk about X' is said.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Then you have zero to add to this. Go away.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
how about you gently caress off yourself?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i'm guessing there are no active threads in SAD to obsessively monitor at the moment

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
I have no insight into the hearts and minds of any posters, and maybe some of the big threads have shifted away from feeling like low content free-floating 'ironic' hostility and catchphrases and hostile catchphrases and people doing extended bits and sentence fragments, but I do want to echo everyone who said "you can just... stop reading the threads." And you can ignore posters who bother you. They probably won't even notice or care, and you won't have to deal with any marginal to severe displeasure you once felt when seeing them post.

The threads seem to be doing great without the people who don't want to post in them! The people posting in them do not seem to miss anyone who left. You've got to give the people what they want.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Mekchu posted:

Okay, cut this out. Don't wade into a feedback thread to drop hot takes about something you by your own admittance don't even participate in or read and then lash out when someone calls that out. Posts like this help nothing and no one and just make things un-fun.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

What we need is a good unifying event, like another of the scold posters revealing themselves to be a paid agent of the House of Saud that kept this place running great for weeks

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

yea ok posted:

Every time this thread has this feedback loop, nobody has anything tangible to say besides "vibes" or "the thread is so bad!". Personally I have never had more negativity in my direction than when I started souring on the product and posting thoughts saying as much. I make it a point to try my best to never post about posters, but only about the product and my thoughts on it and the people involved. In my experience, the majority of people upset with the Vibes tend to be the ones who immediately make it the most personal, or are the quickest to say how dumb, stupid or fucktarded some crew that they made up in their head is.

Not to call out Elephant Ambush, but I suppose I will. In their long post there it's full of personal attacks, insults, lumping people together and is so much more negative and to me, much worse vibes than anything prior or since. Just because someone enjoys what they watch does not mean they are a positive person, or contribute positively to a thread.

In doing my best to continue being transparent, I thought about if Elephant Ambush's post also needed a 'don't do this poo poo' punishment the way I was giving one to That DICK!'s and ultimately decided not to because, even though it's real fuckin' aggro and negative, rather than just an individual you're-a-shithead form of negativity it was an attempt at discussing the thing that's bothering them and it was happening in the feedback thread. In the AEW thread it'd be lovely and derailing and I would have hit it, but if there's a thread to try to talk about it, this is it.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

In equal transparency: I didn't probe you, Erin did, so I'll let Erin address it if they want because I don't want to speak for them. I came in to help with the aftermath, and one of the concrete examples I would give is, say, the 'everyone is covered in poo poo and you're dumb' post Elephant Ambush made that I probed them for, which you're now referencing angrily as an example of a thing that should have been punished for group antagonism, which I did, for explicitly that given reason, because I agree with you that it loving sucked. So I'm glad we're on the same page, I guess?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Mekchu posted:

bruh did you stumble in here just to be a dick?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The Enclosed Pool area exists for anyone who wants to be a stinker/fanboy/whatever you want to make the space to be

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

CarlCX posted:

I came in to help with the aftermath, and one of the concrete examples I would give is, say, the 'everyone is covered in poo poo and you're dumb' post Elephant Ambush made that I probed them for, which you're now referencing angrily as an example of a thing that should have been punished for group antagonism, which I did, for explicitly that given reason, because I agree with you that it loving sucked. So I'm glad we're on the same page, I guess?

CarlCX posted:

Out of the many, many reports that came out of that thread, you were one of them who also got probed because, in railing against people doing group antagonism, you got mad and started doing the same thing.

Maybe I am completely misunderstanding your earlier post here but I interpreted this as you saying EA's post was in response to group antagonism, not the source of it, so I guess I'm not sure what the earlier group antagonism being referenced is?

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Maybe I am completely misunderstanding your earlier post here but I interpreted this as you saying EA's post was in response to group antagonism, not the source of it, so I guess I'm not sure what the earlier group antagonism being referenced is?

I think you're kind of misunderstanding it?

Elephant Ambush posted:

Yes clearly the problem is the people covered in poo poo and not the people spraying poo poo everywhere. Brilliant brain you have there

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Elephant Ambush was replying to what they perceived as group antagonism and I was trying to communicate that they were becoming the source of the thing they were mad about. Saying "you're railing against people doing group antagonism" is just a literal descriptor of what they posted.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
people take posting about wrestling too loving serious is my only take and the new hot alternative thats nothing like wwe having its bloom starting to fade i think is driving posters insane as some try to keep up the positive vibes while others who have been through this before see the bad stuff so easily.

also i think a 6er no matter what isnt that serious and not that big of a deal. its pretty much just a "hey shut the gently caress up right now" punishment that kind of only works when it happens ASAP that anyone not way too invested in posting on SA would completely miss doing anything else online or irl

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Nov 4, 2023

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
wrestling is stupid and full of problematic individuals learn to lol instead of posting seriously about it or you will lose your mind the reason thsi forum is insufferable is that every time a wrestler is on tv we have to discuss with deep gravitas every hosed up thing they did they all suck as people we know we dont need to discuss and bring up their crimes unless its funny or relevant to whats happening

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Nov 4, 2023

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh this whole thing was over some 6ers? lmao

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
elephant ambush seems really aggro all the time maybe they should mellow out

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Toilet world!!!!!!

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

MJeff posted:

You're never gonna be able to get people who used to love something and think it has become significantly worse to agree to disagree with people who think it's still good. That's not how people work, or at least, it's not how the people here work. The former group feels betrayed by the thing and annoyed that their feelings aren't being taken seriously by the latter group and the latter group is annoyed that the former group keeps trying to piss all over their good time and appears to exist in a completely alternate reality from them. It is just not a situation that's going to lead to positive interactions.

The only person I can give meaningful advice to in this situation is Erin and that advice is "run".

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i will never stop loving professional wrestling and hulk hogan

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Free That DICK!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i will never stop loving professional wrestling and hulk hogan