Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kale
May 14, 2010

That Fox situation sucks pretty hard for Rangers fans. I imagine his absence would be immediately noticeable within a matter of the next few games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Kale posted:

That Fox situation sucks pretty hard for Rangers fans. I imagine his absence would be immediately noticeable within a matter of the next few games.

I’m sure it’ll be fine. They’re playing a Minnesota team twice in a week that can’t get their poo poo together and is also dealing with missing their #1 D. Well fine for those two games.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Can you trade coaches? It looks like Coach Bratton might have gone stale in Minnesota and I bet trading him for Mike Sullivan would improve both teams.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Kale posted:

It's a good opportunity to see if Miller can step into Pp1QB duties. Last game Lavy shoved Gustafsson there and he was decent but there's opportunities for the kids to step up.

And despite Caps fans saying Lavy is bad with kids, he's done a good job with it on the Rangers so far.

But yes it's a huge downgrade for at least 4 games.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Speaking of the Rangers, it looks like Bonino and Wheeler are at least getting some cardio out there

E: a fun stat

https://twitter.com/meghanchayka/status/1720825956426830123?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

The Dirty Burger fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Nov 4, 2023

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Matt Zerella posted:

It's a good opportunity to see if Miller can step into Pp1QB duties. Last game Lavy shoved Gustafsson there and he was decent but there's opportunities for the kids to step up.

And despite Caps fans saying Lavy is bad with kids, he's done a good job with it on the Rangers so far.

But yes it's a huge downgrade for at least 4 games.

If he’s on LTIR I think he has to miss 10 games??

I think this staff is being a lot more cautious with injuries now as well and would rather Fox be back at 100% than come back injured

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Eric the Mauve posted:

Can you trade coaches? It looks like Coach Bratton might have gone stale in Minnesota and I bet trading him for Mike Sullivan would improve both teams.

You might not be wrong. The Minnesota D is fairly fast and agile, and the forward group is young enough where it might work for a couple years. Evason would also have a more structured strategy with plenty of cycle play for Pittsburgh and it would give the skilled hands a lot of space to score without giving up as many. Granted, you'd still have Jarry.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Levitate posted:

If he’s on LTIR I think he has to miss 10 games??

I think this staff is being a lot more cautious with injuries now as well and would rather Fox be back at 100% than come back injured

10 games or 24 days, whichever is shorter.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Jhet posted:

You might not be wrong. The Minnesota D is fairly fast and agile, and the forward group is young enough where it might work for a couple years. Evason would also have a more structured strategy with plenty of cycle play for Pittsburgh and it would give the skilled hands a lot of space to score without giving up as many. Granted, you'd still have Jarry.

We'll include Jarry in the trade. Creed and MAF for Sullivan and Jarry, let's do it

e: I'm 99% sure MAF would waive to go back to Pittsburgh if Sullivan weren't there, so I expect the Pens to make it happen after Sullivan is fired

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Nov 4, 2023

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Cocaine Bear posted:

Once, there was this team who,
Couldn't make the playoffs

The inconsistency is the thing that’s killing them. They had two wins with two great goalie performances followed by an absolutely abysmal performance from everyone, including the same goalie. Idk what to make of them yet. They’ve improved in some areas (defensive play from the forwards, penalty kill) but their power play went from top ten to bottom 3. Still don’t even have consistently average goaltending. Very frustrating!!!!

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Eric the Mauve posted:

We'll include Jarry in the trade. Creed and MAF for Sullivan and Jarry, let's do it

e: I'm 99% sure MAF would waive to go back to Pittsburgh if Sullivan weren't there, so I expect the Pens to make it happen after Sullivan is fired

Nah, you can buyout Jarry. We'll keep MAF at the end of his contract year until Walstad is ready to backup next year.

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL

The Dirty Burger posted:

Speaking of the Rangers, it looks like Bonino and Wheeler are at least getting some cardio out there

E: a fun stat

https://twitter.com/meghanchayka/status/1720825956426830123?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

So DJ has the Sens dumping and chasing more than almost any other team in the NHL, and each of those dump ins results in a lower chance of a goal than almost any other team doing the same thing.

Kinda seems like the Sens have a coaching problem. No clue why, on a team that will almost always have one of Stutzle, Batherson, Chabot, or Sanderson on the ice, each of whom excels at carry-ins, they wouldn’t be trying to enter the zone with possession.

bub spank fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Nov 4, 2023

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Has there been any clear definitive information on both Nico and Jack at this point?

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Penguins gonna lose to San Jose and leave Sullivan in California.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diet Crack posted:

Has there been any clear definitive information on both Nico and Jack at this point?

They are either playing tomorrow or dead.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

mcmagic posted:

They are either playing tomorrow or dead.

Schrodinger's injury report.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
the Ducks somehow have a winning record?

What's going on here

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

the Ducks somehow have a winning record?

What's going on here

Radko Gudas. Duh.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

https://twitter.com/charlieo_conn/status/1720910206874296657

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/WendolynLamchop/status/1720911934370062337

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
The Oilers sucking was not on my bingo card for this season.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Aphrodite posted:

10 games or 24 days, whichever is shorter.

it’s both, he has to miss 10 games and 24 days. he’s eligible to come back against the Wings on November 29

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/report-rangers-place-adam-fox-on-ltir-filip-chytil-on-ir/

Sportsnet says "or" there but I also have no trouble believing they're wrong.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Mr. Kite posted:

The oilers are back baby

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Mr. Kite posted:

I don't think a single person on earth expected this

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
I did and it's the only thing that gives me any joy

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Sportsnet reporting that Devon Levi loves the scene in Star Wars where Qui-gon Jinn stops to meditate in the middle of a fight and that's why he kneels to meditate during warmup.

That's your moment of cringe for the day.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Mr. Kite posted:

It's the one in the middle labeled "free space."

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

FuturePerfect VideoGames posted:

Sportsnet reporting that Devon Levi loves the scene in Star Wars where Qui-gon Jinn stops to meditate in the middle of a fight and that's why he kneels to meditate during warmup.

This went well for Qui-Gon

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

I don't think a single person on earth expected this

The Athletic have that preseason game where you have to say up to 5 teams who you are certain will make the playoffs (And likewise 5 that definitely won’t). It’s basically an exercise in proving everyone is far too confident as to who is good who is bad. https://theathletic.com/4927891/2023/10/06/nhl-prediction-contest-2023-playoffs-teams/?amp=1

I had a look and most of the submissions have oilers as a lock for playoffs.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

This but for the Penguins

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Someone get Mike Smith on the phone.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
The #1 and #2 teams in 5v5 expected goals are the Pens and Oilers. They have a combined record of 5-13-1 and are 28th and 30th in the league lmao

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Ginette Reno posted:

The #1 and #2 teams in 5v5 expected goals are the Pens and Oilers. They have a combined record of 5-13-1 and are 28th and 30th in the league lmao

It's almost maddening!!!

Thankfully I'm old enough and have seen enough bullshit that I don't get upset anymore. If I was 20 I'd be real mad!!!

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

The Dirty Burger posted:

This went well for Qui-Gon

Things go right through both of them.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

What the hell is an expected goal anyway

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
You gotta generate a ton of expected goals to survive your goalies allowing 5 per game...

**Also I listened to the Oilers post-game show after the last loss vs Dallas and the hosts were talking about how Nashville was a guaranteed win because the Oilers under McDavid and Draisaitl own the Predators and blow them out every time they play. Oops.

Starsfan fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Nov 5, 2023

Mid-Life Crisis
Jun 13, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

FuturePerfect VideoGames posted:

Mindfulness is cringe?

Mid-Life Crisis
Jun 13, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

The inconsistency is the thing that’s killing them. They had two wins with two great goalie performances followed by an absolutely abysmal performance from everyone, including the same goalie. Idk what to make of them yet. They’ve improved in some areas (defensive play from the forwards, penalty kill) but their power play went from top ten to bottom 3. Still don’t even have consistently average goaltending. Very frustrating!!!!

Thompson started the season slow and got separated from Tuch. Tuch away from Thompson takes away their big man mismatch that causes other teams fits. Greenway is good this year but it’s not the same thing. Reunite the tall boys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Mid-Life Crisis posted:

Mindfulness is cringe?

mindfulness because you saw a space samarai movie? yeah