Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

derp posted:

I had to switch to ublock

you mean ublock origin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Biplane posted:

This is already happening.

I mean yes, but its fun to read about it historically (the kmart execs sabotaging the company on purpose)

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy

DrPossum posted:

you mean ublock origin?

Yes

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

jeebus bob posted:

I hate to appearance-shame but she had access to litteral billions of dollars, why not spend some to make yourself look good?

Same goes for SBF btw, my superficiality is gender neutral.

If I had access to billions you bet I'd use some to make myself look hideous, for spite

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
The new rich trend

Yeah I can afford this appearance, now covet me, worm

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Again, Musk is a forerunner, a visioneer, a ground breaking entrepreneur

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
https://i.imgur.com/RiIbrVL.mp4

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Drone_Fragger posted:

Do you have a story for that? I love corporations sabotaging themselves because its proof the inevitable contradictions in capitalism will eventually cause it to eat itself.

If you mean the kmart part, I got confused and it was actually Sears. He also owned Kmart and ruined that, but the ridiculous retail cannibalism part was with Sears.

https://nypost.com/2018/10/15/how-eddie-lampert-led-sears-into-bankruptcy-disaster/

quote:

Lampert, meanwhile, had been jumping from one oddball turnaround strategy to the next. He obsessed over competing with Amazon, but refused to spend big on Sears’ web business. After proposing and ditching a number of new store formats, Lampert quietly divided Sears Holdings into more than 30 different corporate silos, encouraging the head of each to compete for resources with the others, “Hunger Games”-style.

It sounded like something out of a novel by Ayn Rand, the capitalist philosopher whose 1943 novel “The Fountainhead” became the namesake of Lampert’s 288-foot yacht.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

Baron von Eevl posted:

If you mean the kmart part, I got confused and it was actually Sears. He also owned Kmart and ruined that, but the ridiculous retail cannibalism part was with Sears.

https://nypost.com/2018/10/15/how-eddie-lampert-led-sears-into-bankruptcy-disaster/

also known as the Hitler style of leadership

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Non posso parcheggiare lì, amico

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Nowher posted:

Can't go without posting this masterpiece

All she really wanted was a chin

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Regarde Aduck posted:

geese know when someones trash, and most people are trash

Geese are loving assholes. They slowly cross the street in traffic when they can loving FLY.

Also, Ublock Origin trips the Youtube "gently caress YOU WATCH ADS" alarm for me.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

BiggerBoat posted:

Geese are loving assholes. They slowly cross the street in traffic when they can loving FLY.

Also, Ublock Origin trips the Youtube "gently caress YOU WATCH ADS" alarm for me.

I can run across the crosswalk, but I'm not going to

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

BiggerBoat posted:

You have to go in to the UBO app, clear the cache and then update it, and that usually throws youtube off for a bit. Youtube is getting good at detecting ad blockers but UBO tends to be quicker updating their scripts. Like I said, literal whack-a-mole

edit: UBO subreddit is super helpful

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

I got the no adblocking warning once weeks ago, updated UBO's lists and then haven't seen it since :shrug: I'm pretty happy about somehow avoiding all the bullshit tbh, but annoyingly enough ever since then SALR has been half-broken so I have to refresh the page to get it to work. I got tripped up by it literally just now trying to make this post since it didn't pop up the quick reply box like I'm used to. Incredibly minor but still a nuisance.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy
I get the No Adblock warning on my decade old smart tv, which cannot install extensions at all. When I saw that I knew I was safe to keep adblocking, because Google is clearly far too bad at this to differentiate between adblock and unusual user agents.

Then again I used and liked old Hangouts, Grand Central, and the Calendar API, (among others) as did a lot of other people. They're all gone. At this point Google surprises me when they announce that they're not kneecapping themselves and murdering a popular thing.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

I thought this was going to be a reverse schad video and was going to be very put out.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Is it the one where she looks 15 and 50 simultaneously?

a newspaper photograph of a bitcoin witch leaving a court hearing, sleepy skin, pulitzer prize, tolkien

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Happy Landfill posted:

You have to go in to the UBO app, clear the cache and then update it, and that usually throws youtube off for a bit. Youtube is getting good at detecting ad blockers but UBO tends to be quicker updating their scripts. Like I said, literal whack-a-mole

edit: UBO subreddit is super helpful
Tried this but geese are still assholes, please advise

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

SLOSifl posted:

a newspaper photograph of a bitcoin witch leaving a court hearing, sleepy skin, pulitzer prize, tolkien

lol

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

Geese are like cops - sometimes they let you pass, but other times they go balls to the wall and peck the poo poo out of you because they haven't pecked anyone else lately. Gotta get that peck quota in!

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I walked past a massive group of Canada Geese on a beach in Sweden last summer. What a bunch of hissy bastards.

I've never felt as threatened and I've received detailed death threats from desperate and armed men.

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

We are rapidly approaching the part of every schadenfreude thread where a goon will insist on describing, in detail, how they would fight a bird.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Log082 posted:

We are rapidly approaching the part of every schadenfreude thread where a goon will insist on describing, in detail, how they would fight a bird.

I would fight a bird over the internet.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHDkfryfOi4

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Log082 posted:

You laugh, but my powers of interpretive dance is like super powerful

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Log082 posted:

Don't need to fight the bird if you're planning ahead :tfrxmas:

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Soul Dentist posted:

Near the beginning of the last thread I did a bit where I pretended to have a white board where I wrote down everything that goons threatened to fight. The one before it was mad af about seagulls for a while, for example. The list I've written down so far is justv

- Capybaras
- Clams

I hope to continue this into the future. I'll be watching.

Adding geese back in

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

this looks easy, I could become a birdmaster in no time which would then allow me to take on any other member of the animal kingdom in combat

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Going to be honest I think I could kill 4 geese no problem in unarmed combat but after 4 I think I'd get overwhelmed. I think really once the geese get a mass of over 120 lbs its a hard fight.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I ate goose once so I have the power of one person and part of a goose.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Push El Burrito posted:

I ate goose once so I have the power of one person and part of a goose.

Only if you haven't pooped since you ate the goose.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Crowetron posted:

Only if you haven't pooped since you ate the goose.

I think the power stays in you, in your bones. If you never poop though you'd have the power of person + fractional goose + all that poop, so it's not an altogether terrible idea. Human poop has felled entire civilizations, after all.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I would simply not fight the birds because my fat rear end is indoors and they can't operate doorknobs. Big Bird is not a goose and therefore his ability to do so is irrelevant.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

FreudianSlippers posted:

I walked past a massive group of Canada Geese on a beach in Sweden last summer. What a bunch of hissy bastards.

I've never felt as threatened and I've received detailed death threats from desperate and armed men.

That wasn't a death threat, I'm just very bad at flirting. Sorry it came across like that.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

poo poo Fuckasaurus posted:

I think the power stays in you, in your bones. If you never poop though you'd have the power of person + fractional goose + all that poop, so it's not an altogether terrible idea. Human poop has felled entire civilizations, after all.

What if you pooped your bones out?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Poo is stored in the bones

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Baron von Eevl posted:

What if you pooped your bones out?

moopsy

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Inceltown posted:

That wasn't a death threat, I'm just very bad at flirting. Sorry it came across like that.

In my defense you are a goose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Oh I'm not falling for that one. This has "hey I can deal with this wild animal because I saw this internet video- aaargh my intestines why isn't it working" written all over it