Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Its Rinaldo posted:

???

I drew that though

I didn't do the motto though

I think that was me; though I don’t think I matched it with the picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I totally forgot that FX was remaking Shogun until the trailer popped up for me today. It's visually really lovely looking at least.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I totally forgot that FX was remaking Shogun until the trailer popped up for me today. It's visually really lovely looking at least.

I remember the original being very much a product of its time, so I'm curious to see how they handle the remake

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Shinji2015 posted:

I remember the original being very much a product of its time, so I'm curious to see how they handle the remake

Trailer is a bit of a banger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAN5uspO_hk

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/bethbourdon/status/1720958998340329631?t=O6Rt1FuDOYm-yS9SkU5Mhw&s=19

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Desantis was never equipped to deal with such concentrated catty bitchness.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
is desantis still ostensibly running? I feel like I haven't heard his name in months now

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Not sure it’s possible to run in lifted boots like he wears

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Intruder posted:

is desantis still ostensibly running? I feel like I haven't heard his name in months now

He is still in second in most polls, but a distant second. His best hope is to stay in as long as possible, hope Trump gets convicted or arrested on even bigger charges and be the answer to "well what do we do now?"

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Every single other person still in the GOP race is waiting for Trump's conviction to take him out; nobody would still be in this race if that wasn't a factor.

It's aggravating that the media hasn't commented on this blindingly obvious fact.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Went to Chuck E. Cheese for the first time in like 20 years and it wasn’t that bad. No stage or animatronics which is sad, but you can get unlimited timed passes, which makes playing the games a lot more fun. Especially since a lot of games last like 10 seconds. The pizza was fine. Good enough for the kiddos.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

GD_American posted:

Every single other person still in the GOP race is waiting for Trump's conviction to take him out; nobody would still be in this race if that wasn't a factor.

It's aggravating that the media hasn't commented on this blindingly obvious fact.

Mike Pence dropping already is super funny in light of this too.

The next year will be fun because we get to learn all kinds of things.

What dem turnout looks like for an octogenarian who hates the people who elected him and is actively alienating minorities as we speak. What turnout looks like for a convicted felon. If someone can run their administration from jail or house arrest.

“May you live in interesting times” as an insult was quite a curse!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Pence running at all was funny. He never had a chance after refusing to try to overturn the election

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Biden isn't seriously being considered to run again? The dudes barely alive as it is. I wouldn't let him drive a car or boil an egg.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

BlindSite posted:

Biden isn't seriously being considered to run again? The dudes barely alive as it is. I wouldn't let him drive a car or boil an egg.

Seriously considered? Unless he dies he’s the nominee.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Bird in a Blender posted:

Seriously considered? Unless he dies he’s the nominee.

I thought the talk 3 years ago was one term only?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Hilariously the party has no one better

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Jesus.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Intruder posted:

Well, they do, or at least we will never know because the second someone leans left a tiny bit the DNC funnels all money to beat them in primaries.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Intruder posted:

At least, no one better that the party/donor apparatus wouldn't move heaven and earth to brutally crush. It's important to remember that the Democratic Party is less a political party and more a maximalist professional organization for Democratic politicians and big-money fundraisers.

BlindSite posted:

This is the same party that propped up Diane Feinstein for the past 5+ years. As far as they're concerned, only Death has permission to remove them from power (and even then I'm sure they hate it!)

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Went to Chuck E. Cheese for the first time in like 20 years and it wasn’t that bad. No stage or animatronics which is sad, but you can get unlimited timed passes, which makes playing the games a lot more fun. Especially since a lot of games last like 10 seconds. The pizza was fine. Good enough for the kiddos.

Granted I haven’t been there since I was young but I specifically remember really enjoying the pizza. I kinda wanna go try it again as an adult, but then I would have to willingly be surrounded by kids

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

T-Square posted:

Granted I haven’t been there since I was young but I specifically remember really enjoying the pizza. I kinda wanna go try it again as an adult, but then I would have to willingly be surrounded by kids

I think you have to go with a child, you can't just waltz in as an adult.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It’s also just really really hard to unseat an incumbent. LBJ is that last sitting president to not seek re-election. There would be a dozen Dems lining up to run if Biden decided to not run.

The Israel-Hamas war has been terrible for his approval ratings too. The left wing of the party, and Arab-Americans hate him right now, for good reason. I’m really worried he won’t actually recover from this by election time.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

BlindSite posted:

:rubby:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

T-Square posted:

You can get Chuck E. Cheese pizza delivered via Grubhub, door dash, etc.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

You can get Chuck E. Cheese pizza delivered via Grubhub, door dash, etc.

Aren't there a bunch of ghost kitchens being run out of Chuck E Cheese?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

BlindSite posted:

If none of our political elite on either side of the aisle under 70 has been able to seize the levers of power from the meemaws and peepaws currently clinging them with their feeble grasp, I’m forced to assume they’re all dogshit garbage.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Air Skwirl posted:

Aren't there a bunch of ghost kitchens being run out of Chuck E Cheese?

During the pandemic, a bunch of places called Pasqually’s started popping up and it turned out to just be Chuck E. Cheese with a different name. Looks like they’re still around too.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

LeeMajors posted:

What dem turnout looks like for an octogenarian who hates the people who elected him and is actively alienating minorities as we speak. What turnout looks like for a convicted felon. If someone can run their administration from jail or house arrest.

Who's the DBacks and who's the Rangers in this scenario

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

New Cici’s pizza flavor just dropped this month, Loaded Baked Potato. It’s pretty good, maybe their best since the Buffalo Chicken.

It’s about time someone finally had the courage to put sour cream on a pizza.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

General Dog posted:

If none of our political elite on either side of the aisle under 70 has been able to seize the levers of power from the meemaws and peepaws currently clinging them with their feeble grasp, I’m forced to assume they’re all dogshit garbage.

Gen x are pretty useless really. Instead of pushing the old guard onto the ice flow where they belong they have been content to bow and scrape for the crumbs.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I think I'm going to get a little high, play some Civ and watch an episode of the Turkish costume drama I've been really in to. I did our policy committee meeting today and I'm just tired.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Wow, I'm actually surprised.

Haven't seen the original since I was a little kid, so my memories of it are completely unreliable, but what I remember of it felt like "I'm the narrator and wow, look at how weird these people are to me, a white person," and this trailer is more like "I'm the narrator and wow, there's a lot of poo poo happening right now and boy did I get stuck here at the worst time." I'm interested now.

It’s also just really really hard to unseat an incumbent. LBJ is that last sitting president to not seek re-election. There would be a dozen Dems lining up to run if Biden decided to not run.

The Israel-Hamas war has been terrible for his approval ratings too. The left wing of the party, and Arab-Americans hate him right now, for good reason. I’m really worried he won’t actually recover from this by election time.

I think abortion rights will still give him a boost, but at this point his big hope is that the war ends sooner rather than later, because he does not want this lasting into '24

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Gen x are pretty useless really. Instead of pushing the old guard onto the ice flow where they belong they have been content to bow and scrape for the crumbs.

Gen X is a false flag generation, they're just younger boomers.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
I don't think anyone can point to another Dem who would poll better than the corpse of Joe Biden. He's been able to assemble a relatively progressive administration and push through what was possible given the composition of the legislative and judicial branches, and at the same time lean on folksy old unscary white guy to retain enough independents and what were the "blue dogs".

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Intruder posted:

Every story about DeSantis has never been about his policies or anything but how weird he is as a person. The moment the 3-finger pudding story died down, the theory that he's wearing heels in the boots he's wearing to make himself look taller dropped and that's all anyone notices when they see him walk.

E: every president post Carter has been 6ft or taller. DeSantis supposedly is 5'11".

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Nov 5, 2023

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

BlindSite posted:

That was never serious. Kamala Harris was given barely anything to do as VP, and has fumbled even that much. Bernie is even older. Warren is a great watchdog of a Senator but a cringe-inducingly bad campaigner. Klobuchar is an unlikeable Midwestern harpy. I'm having trouble even remembering any other Dems interested in the job, which says a lot.

Biden knew he had no real opposition and knows he'll be facing Trump for the election that will essentially define whether America continues to survive as America (seriously, the GOP is not being quiet about how authoritarian they're going to get if they win). Most Democrats see the inevitable and just hope for a best case of a Reagan 2nd term, where his decreasing mental abilities is offset by a largely self-running Cabinet.

So it's essentially Sundown Grampa we're relying on to hold back the Dominionist shithearts.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

seiferguy posted:

Every story about DeSantis has never been about his policies or anything but how weird he is as a person. The moment the 3-finger pudding story died down, the theory that he's wearing heels in the boots he's wearing to make himself look taller dropped and that's all anyone notices when they see him walk.

E: every president post Carter has been 6ft or taller. DeSantis supposedly is 5'11".

There are lots of stories about his policies in Florida, mainly on how he has turbofucked everyone in regards to insurance. Its why Florida isn't a lock for him, Republicans aldo don't like having their insurance rates skyrocket.

When talking about the poo poo he has done its always the stupid culture war poo poo that gets slapped down by courts the nanosecond it gets challenged

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

GD_American posted:

That was never serious. Kamala Harris was given barely anything to do as VP, and has fumbled even that much. Bernie is even older. Warren is a great watchdog of a Senator but a cringe-inducingly bad campaigner. Klobuchar is an unlikeable Midwestern harpy. I'm having trouble even remembering any other Dems interested in the job, which says a lot.

Biden knew he had no real opposition and knows he'll be facing Trump for the election that will essentially define whether America continues to survive as America (seriously, the GOP is not being quiet about how authoritarian they're going to get if they win). Most Democrats see the inevitable and just hope for a best case of a Reagan 2nd term, where his decreasing mental abilities is offset by a largely self-running Cabinet.

So it's essentially Sundown Grampa we're relying on to hold back the Dominionist shithearts.

Expect to hear about Newsom and Pritzker in 4 years. Both have made small moves that show they’re prepping for a run. At least both of those guys would be in there early 60s, which is sadly refreshing. They probably both would’ve run this time, but no one serious wants to challenge Biden because your chances of winning are small and you’ll piss off a lot of people even if you do win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lmao Jesus if the best they can do is Gavin then just throw in the towel