Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Isentropy posted:

I recall Kimes saying that he makes decisions that get him sacked pretty frequently

Yeah, decisions such as "agreeing to play behind the Commanders' offensive line".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

Mystic Stylez posted:

Below is a timeline detailing the misguided actions of Josh McDaniels that led to the launch of joshmcdanielssucks.com

https://web.archive.org/web/20150207035315/http://www.joshmcdanielssucks.com/timeline/

I forgot about the Dean Pees thing oh my god

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

wandler20 posted:

You're going to lump in week 3 but ignore last week against a very good Eagles D?

He's been fine outside of taking a ton of sacks.

Hah no I actually was just looking at it sorted backwards by accident and looking at the first 5 weeks and not the most recent 3

Anyway the commanders offense is slightly below mediocre and I don’t think that’s a super impressive result. Their talent level is also slightly below mediocre

Erainor
Dec 30, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER
That is a lot of sacks. Does Carr's brother still have the record for most times sacked in a season?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Erainor posted:

That is a lot of sacks. Does Carr's brother still have the record for most times sacked in a season?

please don't refer to david carr as derek carr's brother

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Declan MacManus posted:

please don't refer to david carr as derek carr's brother

What should we call David? Proto Derek?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Erainor posted:

yes (76!) although Howell is on pace to break it handily

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Nervous posted:

What should we call David? Proto Derek?

former number one overall pick, fresno state legend, first draft pick ever made by the houston texans, take your pick

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
A shame Danny Dimes got injured so we couldn't have both him and Howell chasing the sack record

ESPN putting it in a mini box everytime a defender is nearby

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It is funny that despite being out the last full 3 weeks Daniel's still got the second-most sacks. He's only ahead by 2 now, but still

(Howell has 41, Daniel has 28, Russ has 26)

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Never change Russ. Glad I don't have to watch you eating sacks after hanging on to the ball too long anymore.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Despite people here insisting throughout the second tenure in a row (TFF absolutely made it a thing during the Gruden era too) that "he's too cash-poor, he won't make moves", a coach for the Raiders is gone early

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

People may be misremembering what was being reported. The report with Gruden, was that when teams sign players they have to put the guaranteed money into escrow, whereas with coaches they do not. So the rumor was that Davis was so cash poor that he couldn't afford to sign Khalil Mack because of all the guaranteed money. But he could pay Gruden $10 million a year because it wasn't all payable up front.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

MIKE
MCDANIEL

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

epic bacon posted:

MIKE
MCDANIEL

no

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

epic bacon posted:

MIKE
MCDANIEL

Yeah I agree I don't like the Dolphins being good

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1721215127796518931

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

this, to me, is funnier than the fortune cookie story

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

This is incredible

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Simply delusional. Just incredible content.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

OneMoreTime posted:

Yeah I agree I don't like the Dolphins being good

you’re in luck cause they loving stink

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

epic bacon posted:

you’re in luck cause they loving stink

They're 6-3, one of the best offenses, and yeah they had a bad showing in a Europe game but I don't think I'd attribute that entirely to coaching.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

one of the best offenses explicitly against very bad defenses and an absolutely worthless offense against good defenses

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

lmao, this owns.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Unless Bill takes him back he's gotta be done as a coach in the NFL.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

epic bacon posted:

one of the best offenses explicitly against very bad defenses and an absolutely worthless offense against good defenses

They’ve only played like 3 good defenses and they were all away games with one happening in Germany. Not sure that’s a very useful sample beyond the obvious fact that, yes, bad defenses are easier to score on than good ones.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/11/05/raiders-josh-mcdaniels-firing-players-meeting-broke-head-coach

quote:

The calls from disgruntled Raiders fans for the franchise to part with head coach Josh McDaniels came to a head on Halloween. Owner Mark Davis made to decision to fire both McDaniels and general manager Dave Ziegler in a result that was still ultimately a slight surprise.

But after the move was announced, the following days didn't make things look much better when evaluating the tenure of McDaniels as head coach. And apparently, the open-floor meeting McDaniels held with players didn't quite go as planned, according to a report from NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.

"...We talked to sources inside the building, and [McDaniels' firing] was not as surprising to them. It goes back to last Thursday's practice before the Lions loss. McDaniels had just had a vicious team meeting. Players, coaches had ripped into him, it was ugly — they voiced their displeasure," Rapoport said on NFL Network's The Insiders.

"Then at practice a couple of hours later, he was described as 'not himself.' He was distant, he let plays happen instead of correcting. Players felt he was there in body but not in spirit, essentially based on the sources I've spoken with, it broke him."

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

wandler20 posted:

Unless Bill takes him back he's gotta be done as a coach in the NFL.

I would love to have him back.

He's a good OC, AND there's no way he'll ever get a promotion again, so Bill can retire and there's 0 chance he gets the job. Make him OC for life.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

:lmao:

don't talk to me or my son, etc.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

YOLOsubmarine posted:

They’ve only played like 3 good defenses and they were all away games with one happening in Germany. Not sure that’s a very useful sample beyond the obvious fact that, yes, bad defenses are easier to score on than good ones.

ive sampled enough. fraud status has been confirmed

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Funny story and a funny picture of McD.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
That's the face an rear end in a top hat middle manager makes when he sees you clocking out 10 minutes early

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkzALAmawfY

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

e: wrong thread

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
2023 NFL Hot Seat Watch: Don't ever talk about the Patriots like that.

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

lmao he had as much to do with the Patriots' success since 2000 as I did

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

this is the funniest thing that's ever happened

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It is so loving over for Arthur