Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

I can't remember if it was a goon post or an r/relationships post but I remember reading the account of an ostrich handler of some kind where they talk about the one day they had to reluctantly deliver a fatal karate chop to the neck of one of their ostriches who was in heat and giving off some serious "I'm about to disembowel you" vibes. the ostrich survived for a little bit and ran around prob very confused as to why the world was suddenly upside down

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Ratites are very confused by human limbs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej0ZO79Aqxw

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

crusty posted:

I have a cunning plan m'lord...

Exactly how cunning are we talking here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQk_832EAx4

The only thing that would make this better is if one of the jets was aimed into the open window.

BiggerBoat posted:

Geese are loving assholes. They slowly cross the street in traffic when they can loving FLY.

Also, Ublock Origin trips the Youtube "gently caress YOU WATCH ADS" alarm for me.

Use the eyedrop picker from the Ublock menu to select the popup and specifically block it.

e:

God Hole posted:

I can't remember if it was a goon post or an r/relationships post but I remember reading the account of an ostrich handler of some kind where they talk about the one day they had to reluctantly deliver a fatal karate chop to the neck of one of their ostriches who was in heat and giving off some serious "I'm about to disembowel you" vibes. the ostrich survived for a little bit and ran around prob very confused as to why the world was suddenly upside down

Bigpeeler 2023 Remaster looking lit.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

E: rumours of his death have been greatly exaggerated, he's still alive and posting regularly on Facebook

I mean, posting on Facebook is pretty much the same thing isn't it? :rip:

Takes No Damage has a new favorite as of 06:31 on Nov 5, 2023

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

God Hole posted:

Takes No Damage posted:

Bigpeeler 2023 Remaster looking lit.

It was immortalized in a front page article: https://www.somethingawful.com/comedy-goldmine/tales-from-zoo/1/

.... complete with illustrations:

E: rumours of his death have been greatly exaggerated, he's still alive and posting regularly on Facebook

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 06:29 on Nov 5, 2023

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

So, for all intents and purposes he IS dead...

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I would simply not fight the birds because my fat rear end is indoors and they can't operate doorknobs. Big Bird is not a goose and therefore his ability to do so is irrelevant.

What if a goose was on the Challenger?

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Martman posted:

Tried this but geese are still assholes, please advise

Guess you gotta buy YouTube premium. Sorry bud :shrug:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://i.imgur.com/kvzraTt.mp4

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Baron von Eevl posted:

If you mean the kmart part, I got confused and it was actually Sears. He also owned Kmart and ruined that, but the ridiculous retail cannibalism part was with Sears.

https://nypost.com/2018/10/15/how-eddie-lampert-led-sears-into-bankruptcy-disaster/

Hahaha, yes, that's the stuff. Schadenfruede in word form. Really good read. Thanks.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

What are those red things? Drugs? Condoms for my magnum dong?

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Drone_Fragger posted:

Hahaha, yes, that's the stuff. Schadenfruede in word form. Really good read. Thanks.

https://www.salon.com/2013/07/18/ayn_rand_killed_sears_partner/

There's a few more specifics about the competition between the siloed units he set up in this piece, including this part I really liked :

quote:

Units competed for ad space in Sears’ circulars, and since the unit with the most money got the most ad space, one Mother’s Day circular ended up being released featuring a mini bike for boys on its cover.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Happy Landfill posted:

I've also been having really good luck with the Brave browser.

I personally wouldn't trust Brave after they went all in on cryptocurrency bullshit.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I think they're drugs, yeah. I love her "god I'm so dumb" laugh

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Mega Comrade posted:

I personally wouldn't trust Brave after they went all in on cryptocurrency bullshit.

How "all in"? What did I miss?

crusty
Apr 16, 2015

Crustacean

So cunning you could brush your teeth with it!

A little too calm for someone who has driven into a public fountain, I assume they are smashed...

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Philippe posted:

I think they're drugs, yeah. I love her "god I'm so dumb" laugh

Nah, they're tokens for buying drinks with.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Armacham posted:

What are those red things? Drugs? Condoms for my magnum dong?

If you think those are magnum there's reason for concern

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

If you think those are magnum there's reason for concern

Those aren't magnum? This is very unsettling.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
No no no for a Mangum dong, like Jeff Mangum

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Karate Bastard posted:

How "all in"? What did I miss?

The browser is a crypto project to have BAT (basic attention tokens) that get "paid" to content creators you visit through the browser. Brave of course collects this cryptocurrency for the content creator!
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/prominent-youtuber-claims-brave-bat-095126650.html

The tweet seems to be gone but they quoted it in the article.

quote:

This warning is prompted by a company called Brave, who’ve been taking cryptocurrency donations “for me”, using my name and photo, without my consent. I asked them not to, and to refund anyone who’s donated; they said “we’ll see what we can do” and that “refunds are impossible”. So if you thought you’d donated to me through Brave, the money (or their pseudo-money) will not reach me, and Brave’s terms say they may choose to just keep it themselves. It looks like they’re ‘providing this service’ for every creator on every platform. No opt-in, no consent.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

I think I'm smart for watching a lady pour beer into her boot? :confused:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://i.imgur.com/EdT6gdT.mp4

Hyperlynx posted:

I think I'm smart for watching a lady pour beer into her boot? :confused:
Sorry I don't make the tiktock labels :(

As for browsers, ublock origin in Firefox has been working perfectly for youtube the entire time

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Thanks to this thread I’ve come to expect shadenfreud whenever I see one of these

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Rexxed posted:

The browser is a crypto project to have BAT (basic attention tokens) that get "paid" to content creators you visit through the browser. Brave of course collects this cryptocurrency for the content creator!
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/prominent-youtuber-claims-brave-bat-095126650.html

The tweet seems to be gone but they quoted it in the article.

loving gross

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

crusty posted:

I have a cunning plan m'lord...

I KNEW she looked like someone I've seen before. That's just uncanny!

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

mobby_6kl posted:

https://i.imgur.com/EdT6gdT.mp4

Sorry I don't make the tiktock labels :(

Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to direct that at you.

Also, the first thing I thought of when I saw liquid streaming into the boot, because I thought it was POV, was that the cameraman was pissing.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Takes No Damage posted:

Use the eyedrop picker from the Ublock menu to select the popup and specifically block it.

Thanks. This seems to work. I'd installed a different extension that would basically skip the ads but not entirely block them. They'd load up and start then just go back to the video.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Karate Bastard posted:

Again, Musk is a forerunner, a visioneer, a ground breaking entrepreneur

This reminded me of the best business card I ever seen. It's made of sheet metal. Also enjoy my courduroy pants

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

burexas.irom posted:

This reminded me of the best business card I ever seen. It's made of sheet metal. Also enjoy my courduroy pants

engidesigneer

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

burexas.irom posted:

Engidesigneering is my passion

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
I wish someone had engineered, or hell even designed, a way to not put that on a card

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Are those inches or centimetres?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Is it made of sheet metal so you can use it to immediately slit that guy's throat and run away?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Love to choose between keeping your business card and being allowed to take my wallet onto the plane.

Lol there's no choice

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Hippocrass posted:

Are those inches or centimetres?
centinchemetres

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Look at that subtle cobalt blue coloring. The tasteful thickness of it. Oh, my God. It even says engidesigneer.

Is something wrong, Patrick? You're sweating.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

FreudianSlippers posted:

I walked past a massive group of Canada Geese on a beach in Sweden last summer. What a bunch of hissy bastards.

I've never felt as threatened and I've received detailed death threats from desperate and armed men.

the one time a canada goose charged me, I stood in place and it turned at the last moment and flew off. I think it expected me to move

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

burexas.irom posted:

If you are designing engis, sheet metal is probably the tasteful choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

h3r0n
Dec 22, 2005

burexas.irom posted:

courduroy pants

You mean "whistle britches"