Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Computer lab day! Time to spend 45 minutes trying to load pokemon.com!

BiggerBoat posted:

My grandfather worked for Coca Cola for decades back when you could work at a company for 40 years, work your way up and collect a pension and Pepsi products were strictly forbidden in the house and mocked at every turn. I think he actually believed that Pepsi was a bastard gas soft drink.

This was my grandpa except for vehicles made by Chrysler/Dodge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Buck Strickland is Hank's surrogate father, his feelings are transferred to propane.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It's depressingly easy to get an employee's loyalty just by even appearing to take an interest in their wellbeing, give them leeway when necessary and occasionally praise them for their work.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
https://youtu.be/uXuGDdqXilw?feature=shared

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

We know how susceptible Hank is to slick talking salesmen, because he thinks everyone is as honest as him. Buck is a good salesman, and I'm sure talked all about how propane was so much better than charcoal. I think Hank's enthusiasm for propane is his unquestioning trust in sales pitches.

I was not allowed to tell my dying grandpa I bought a Ford car, cause it might've been too much for his failing body.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I think that also means Hank ends up a good salesman both by honestly believing what he says, and also actually being honest, patient and helpful, and otherwise professional.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
Hank! The stove! It’s electric!

Well I hope it has a self-cleaning feature, cause I’m about to vomit

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Peggy - The floor is warm.

Hank - That's the radiant sub floor heating. You know, 80% of a dog's heat loss is through its pads. Okay, that figure came from the radiant-floor people, so it may be a little high.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Well if that ain't a Rusty Shackleford way to go out, I dunno what is:

https://consequence.net/2023/11/johnny-hardwick-cause-of-death/

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
That’s just what they want you to think

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

killer crane posted:

I was not allowed to tell my dying grandpa I bought a Ford car, cause it might've been too much for his failing body.

lmao. Coming into the hospice with your gay black jewish husband but it's the ford that sends him to the great beyond

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Whenever I think of Buck, I think of MY DADDY'S HAVING A HEART ATTACK!!!!!

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
MISS LIZ

TWO HOT TODDIES

Kale
May 14, 2010

seiferguy posted:

Well if that ain't a Rusty Shackleford way to go out, I dunno what is:

https://consequence.net/2023/11/johnny-hardwick-cause-of-death/

Cursed show/production man.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

haljordan posted:

MY DADDY'S HAVING A HEART ATTACK!!!!!

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I want my wife and my money back :smith:

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

My wife threw me out of the house. I had Donna over and the old crow found us in flagrante on the credenza. It's all over...She said she could handle my drinking binges and my gambling and even turn a blind eye to my extramarital escapades but not when they happen all at once! And on her birthday!

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Name's Roy, Ray; something like that. After 16 years I'm too embarrassed to ask.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

GolfHole posted:

Name's Roy, Ray; something like that. After 16 years I'm too embarrassed to ask.

RAY ROY

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Bread Zeppelin posted:

Is Hank's fixation on propane meant to be a way to show that he is an incredibly bland person, or did the writers not understand Texas and its love of wood smoked bbq? After living in Texas, I don't see how Hank could have had any friends with how much he talks about "tasting the meat and not the heat." He would have been shunned like a pariah for wanting to "bbq" on propane.

that's the joke

hank is a texan and yet he proselytizes propane

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
He’s…. COMPLICATED

Wow, hardwick was 5’7” and 100 pounds

Buck: Brothers and sisters I have lied, I have cheated, I have fornicated on stolen antique furniture
(Or something like that, can’t look it up right now)

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I do a really solid Dale impression and even look like him. Wonder if I should hit up Mike Judge for a sweet job?

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

When I get my bug van at my new much less corporate job I’m definitely getting the Dale Gribble smoking a cigarette and spraying silhouette sticker on there.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I’m in the middle of the final season of The Waltons. Prior to watching it, my only exposure to the show was that infamous George H W Bush quote about how Americans should be more like the Waltons instead of the Simpsons. Made me think the show would be cornball, which, it kinda is, but I saw a lot of The Simpsons with in the show, especially the early seasons where a stranger would come into town and the family would take them in, help them with their problems.

Anyway. There’s a character named Corabeth who is extremely Peggy Hill coded. I see a lot of Corabeth in her DNA. I wonder if there’s any inspiration there.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

My Nancy's a genius too. A genius at having a GREAT CAN!

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Hank, do you think Nancy has a nicer can than Tammi's can? Huh? My wife's can vis-à-vis your wife's friend's can?

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

About once a month I lament that there isn't a Frinkiac equivalent for us

YOUR UNCOOL NIECE
May 6, 2007

Kanga-Rat Murder Society
frink maniac*

manero
Jan 30, 2006

hankiac

Or

Propaniac

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

frinkiacisgreatsoccerisdumb.com

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
lmao

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

lmfao

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Wait, I've got it. When you type in a search on this side, it's King of the Hill. But over here, it morphs into Family Guy. King of the Hill! Family Guy! King of the Hill! Family Guy!

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

John Redcorn it's me. I brought you a to-go plate. It's the neck and jibs! They were this close to giving them to the dog.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

"Mundane with a touch of the absurd. Yup, that's classic Mike Judge humor."
"What if they want Seth Macfarlane?"
"We ask them politely but firmly to leave."

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

I've got a sense of humor; I laugh at Kelsey Grammer...

naem
May 29, 2011

The Orville™️©️ made me appreciate Seth a lot more

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

naem posted:

The Orville™️©️ made me appreciate Seth a lot more

Haven't seen it but saw a clip where Scott Grimes sings and I just wanna shove him into a sandwich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The Orville is super good. It’s targeted at TNG era Trek fans. If you watched the first season and felt ehh about McFarlane brand humor, pop into the third season, which is a soft reboot. They mostly scrubbed out a lot of the McFarlane humor.

It’s actual good sci-fi instead of a sci-fi themed action mystery puzzle box slop like Star Trek Discovery.