Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Jel Shaker posted:

quite something how the russians have put limits and oversight on their weapons while the usa just delivers pallets of everything to ukraine and just doesn’t care where it ends up, even gaza apparently

the cluster bomb dud rate was so bad they had to use a special rule that lets the president override law and decency to approve the sale to Ukraine. I wonder how many unexploded bomblets are scattered in the rubble of Gaza city now

dta dti

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

mags posted:

the cluster bomb dud rate was so bad they had to use a special rule that lets the president override law and decency to approve the sale to Ukraine. I wonder how many unexploded bomblets are scattered in the rubble of Gaza city now

dta dti

There haven't been any reports of cluster bomb use so probably none. The Israelis don't need them anyway. Why pepper an urban area with bomblets when you can destroy the whole block with a blockbuster?

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

hate name eve fartlow

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Not that it was actually a secret, but is Israel
actually openly admitting to possessing nuclear weapons now? They must be real scurred

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Judgy Fucker posted:

actually openly admitting to possessing nuclear weapons now? They must be real scurred

that’s probably why he was “punished” not the threat itself

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
What's breaking the nuclear non-proliferation treaty matter when you're successfully conducting a genocide knowing you'll never face legal consequences

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Judgy Fucker posted:

They've acknowledged it in the past I believe

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Judgy Fucker posted:

I am worried about the opposite

I think that Israel has seen how able it is to go to new grotesque, inexcusable levels of inhumanity and get away with it so now it’s just a full on werewolf goblin

If Israel nuked Gaza, what would old gay joe biden even do?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

mags
May 30, 2008

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

There haven't been any reports of cluster bomb use so probably none. The Israelis don't need them anyway. Why pepper an urban area with bomblets when you can destroy the whole block with a blockbuster?

yr probably right but I also wouldn’t put it past any of these monsters since they are already using white phosphorus and openly discussing chemical weapons use

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Egg Moron posted:

I think that Israel has seen how able it is to go to new grotesque, inexcusable levels of inhumanity and get away with it so now it’s just a full on werewolf goblin

Joe Biden would keel over and Kamala would call for all parties to respect humanitarian concerns

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

DancingShade posted:

Has Israel demanded the USA and India send tourists immediately to save its domestic consumer economy? If not yet that must be the next step.

visualizing the NYPD grab squads stuffing a bunch of corn fed tourists from iowa on CIA black flights heading straight into ben gurion and throwing handfuls of 50% off hotel vouchers at them as they’re dumped on the tarmac

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/IDF/status/1721118911486115987?s=20

mags
May 30, 2008

Egg Moron posted:

oh my god shut up no one is nuking anything

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

what the heck why is Fizzy on the shoot on sight list?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://english.almayadeen.net/news/politics/al-qassam-destroy-three-israeli-tanks-in-gaza-confrontations

quote:

Al-Qassam Brigades posted an image of the Al-Yasin 105 anti-armor charge on their Telegram channel, showing a burning Israeli tank in front of it, with the Quranic verse, "We softened the iron for him," in reference to the remarkable results achieved by these locally manufactured shells and the significant damage they inflict on Israeli tanks on the battlefield.

"We softened the iron for him" is a play on words from Saba verse 10; in which Allah made iron pliable for David to make armor. So they've resoftened Israel's armor as a favor.

Gripweed posted:

Can't stop looking at D&D.

mags posted:

yr probably right but I also wouldn’t put it past any of these monsters since they are already using white phosphorus and openly discussing chemical weapons use

If the situation called for it they absolutely would be using cluster bombs, but this is a situation where that's actually useless, even for killing a bunch of people. Gazans still have bomb shelters to hide in, cluster bombs would be useless.

The other problem is that because cluster bomblets have such a high dud rate, you're basically giving free high explosives to Hamas.

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 14:07 on Nov 5, 2023

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Gripweed posted:

he drew jeff’s ire and can’t give up the gimmick

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Al-Saqr posted:

A kuwaiti newspaper made a very interesting article talking about what's going on diplomatically and why Nasrallahs speech was mid:-

https://www.aljarida.com/article/43449

The reasons for Nasrallah lowering the ceiling of his speech are revealed

Washington threatened to bomb Iran directly...

lol we already did that under trump, just have the IRGC not shoot down a civilian airliner this time and let ‘er rip

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

fizzier posted:

for the amount of weapons fired at Israeli tanks there is a curious shortage of evidence of destroyed tanks as far as I'm aware so there's something not adding up

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

what

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Gripweed posted:

he got perma'd last year for "obsessively" doing d&d syqs and I'm guessing one of the conditions of being unperma'd was not doing those anymore.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
at the risk of getting zapped for... bratwurst posting, but on the topic of infantry support and Hitler 1:

the German military in 1939 was not particularly competent nor particularly well-trained, and even they didn't get combined arms tactics right when they first tried to apply the concepts; the Poles were simply worse and outnumbered

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

fully expect to see a fizziest posting with us soon.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

hamas was using the jungle gym and swings to train for rpg attacks so we have no choice but to bomb children's playgrounds while they're in use

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/thehill/status/1721154404034756676?s=20

quote:

RAMALLAH, West Bank (AP) — U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken brought his frenetic Mideast diplomatic push on the Israel-Hamas war to the occupied West Bank on Sunday, meeting with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas in his latest bid to ease civilian suffering in the Gaza Strip and begin to sketch out a post-conflict scenario for the territory.

Blinken traveled to Ramallah for his previously unannounced visit in an armored motorcade and under tight security just hours after Israeli warplanes struck a refugee camp in the Gaza Strip, killing at least 40 people and wounding dozens, health officials said. Despite the secrecy and the State Department refusing to confirm the trip until after Blinken had physically left the West Bank, protests erupted against his visit and U.S. support for Israel as word of his arrival leaked.

Aside from pleasantries, neither man spoke as they greeted each other in front of cameras and the meeting ended without any public comment. It was not immediately clear if the lack of words indicated the meeting had gone poorly.

https://x.com/leobruneau/status/1721140229468295562?s=20

https://x.com/AFP/status/1720798048094167530?s=20

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Rubellavator posted:

good news for rubellavator!

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

gradenko_2000 posted:

at the risk of getting zapped for... bratwurst posting, but on the topic of infantry support and Hitler 1:

the German military in 1939 was not particularly competent nor particularly well-trained, and even they didn't get combined arms tactics right when they first tried to apply the concepts; the Poles were simply worse and outnumbered

It doesn't seem like IOF will stay in the field long enough to learn to adapt to the realities of warfare in the ruins of Gaza.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Rubellavator posted:

he got perma'd last year for "obsessively" doing d&d syqs and I'm guessing one of the conditions of being unperma'd was not doing those anymore.

that is so stupid

two-time fee
Jan 13, 2022

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Karach posted:

It doesn't seem like IOF will stay in the field long enough to learn to adapt to the realities of warfare in the ruins of Gaza.

Israel occupied southern Lebanon for a couple decades and learned jack poo poo from it.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/rapplerdotcom/status/1721096171899281739?t=84nmuwuPYUq71y8hfCCfdA&s=19

Lol at mainstream journalism losing their credibility by continually adopting the propaganda line

The Media is the ENEMY of the people!!!

It's the kind of thing that really makes you think about all these so-called authoritarian regimes that have restricted their freedom of the press by banning certain newspapers or whatever.

Or well, it would be if seeing the Venezuelan private press openly supporting a coup against Chavez didn't already do that for me 20 years ago.

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news

Al-Saqr posted:

One of the Israeli ministers in Netanyahus Cabinet is really making GBS threads his diapers, this just broke on Aljazeera:-

Israeli Heritage Minister: Dropping a nuclear bomb on Gaza is a possible solution

The Minister of Heritage in the Israeli government, Amichai Eliyahu, said that dropping a nuclear bomb on Gaza is a possible solution, and he believed that the war would have costs for those he described as “kidnappers.”

The same minister said that the Gaza Strip must not remain on the face of the earth, and Israel must re-establish settlements there.

this also probably would not achieve whatever goals they have other than mass murder, probably the tunnels would survive it, and they'd irradiate half of their own country, and hamas would probably still survive (since underground)

(also, why is nuke-posting considered burger-posting? as a non-american i don't get it)

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Israel occupied southern Lebanon for a couple decades and learned jack poo poo from it.

Good point. Truly a nation of the dumbest cops.

Are they using artillery at all against Gaza? It seems like it's been 100% air strikes. Or did all the shells go to Ukraine?

mags
May 30, 2008

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

this also probably would not achieve whatever goals they have other than mass murder, probably the tunnels would survive it, and they'd irradiate half of their own country, and hamas would probably still survive (since underground)

(also, why is nuke-posting considered burger-posting? as a non-american i don't get it)

thousands of people dead and dying, unprecedented cruelty and misery. genocidal monsters hoping to ethnically cleanse Gaza to move ahead on all the beach resorts they want to build over the graves of their victims, and people come kramering in with the top concern of “what if Israel uses a nuke???”

it’s Clancy chat and it’s stupid just like draft speculation

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

Nukes are never going to be a factor in this war, and every time the issue comes up we spend a page going over all the reasons why it won't be.

Karach posted:

Are they using artillery at all against Gaza? It seems like it's been 100% air strikes. Or did all the shells go to Ukraine?

Israeli artillery is the "also ran" of this operation. They're blasting Gaza too, just not on the scale that the IAF is.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Rubellavator posted:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Karach posted:

interesting, what makes you say that?

you dont think the israelis have parked their artillery around the gaza strip since day one and have been shelling them constantly? wow

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

it’s clancyposting, and sort of inherited from the Ukraine threads where paranoid people would not shut the gently caress up about nukes
nobody is nuking anyone so it’s just a pointless derail

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

jerkposting (I guess), but I was surprised to see our usually pretty conservative Jamaican national paper (the Observer) calling for recalling our UN ambassador because he abstained from the ceasefire vote instead of voting with it. Also saw people back home marching for Palestine :)

if I had to guess why it would be not just human dignity and morality, but the fact that people here have had experiences with Israeli tourism

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

double nine posted:

https://twitter.com/umyaznemo/status/1720816101846651034

Hamas has claimed another victim, Israeli tourism

it would be funny to be the one guy who insists on doing Birthright r/n "I already cleared my callender and the rest of my gap year is spoken for dammit"

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

fits my needs posted:

interesting, what makes you say that?

you dont think the israelis have parked their artillery around the gaza strip since day one and have been shelling them constantly? wow

Nothing in particular, just hadn't read anything about it in the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speng31b
May 8, 2010

nuke posting is burger posting because it is the level of escalation a burger person must conceive of to make the conversation about them instead of about Palestine. also it is very stupid