Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
More previews are up, this guy made a ton of videos for Wrath during it's beta

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHmzYjt0p2g

More focus on the various origin specific feats if you're curious, he mouses over them quickly so you can read the descriptions.

Character respec may be broken for companions.

I watched a lot of his Wrath stuff, he's pretty hesitant on what the final state of the game will be as Act 5 was a total mess when Wrath released, and a lot of their very technically challenging stuff in Act 4 never got properly fixed.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Nov 3, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
I’m guessing this game is majority text with VO reserved for choice scenes as with their other games?

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

unattended spaghetti posted:

I’m guessing this game is majority text with VO reserved for choice scenes as with their other games?

And battle cries, yeah.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

The party members are usually fully voiced, all lines including their random interjections during travel.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
Hm. My eyes are really bad and as much as their games are up my street, there’s usually just too much dialog text for it to be practical for me to play them. Wish more games would put in text-to-speech for that stuff if they can’t spare the expense for VO.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Hm. My eyes are really bad and as much as their games are up my street, there’s usually just too much dialog text for it to be practical for me to play them. Wish more games would put in text-to-speech for that stuff if they can’t spare the expense for VO.

Just get one of Black Library’s Audible readers to do the voices. All of them.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
God I loving wish.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
Have they said anything about character creation in co op? I'm hoping every player will be able to create a custom character but I've not seen anything about it.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Watching these videos and it seems we still can't play as an Explorator. Would love for my Rogue Trader to actually be an Explorator Warrior or Arche-Millitant. Guess I will just have to see how Psyker works as a Warrior in the final release, assuming my computer can run the game well enough, Alpha was kind of rough.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Arch-Militants (at least as defined by the TTRPG book) are incredibly easy to replicate with an army commander or commissar background - hell, that's similar to how you'd build your character in TT Rogue Trader.

It is a little bit weird that you can't be Mechanicus despite Forge World being a selectable planetary origin. It's possible they simply didn't want to juggle an entire additional set of dialogue options for one origin, because it seems like they're already going to kind of do that for psyker.

Ugh I'm also having to fight the urge to fiddle with the beta again (I never got past act 1), despite knowing that it's a pale shadow of the full game.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Arch Militant is one of the second ranks of their class system.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Yeah the video made it sound like Vanguard is fairly melee but defensive, Assassin is very bursty, and Arch-Militant sounds like a hybrid melee ranged character, which does sound like it might fit an Explorator. Really wish I could build the kind of character I tried to make for some online recruits back in the day. A melee tank Explorator that goes all in on Toughness and Strength and The Flesh is Weak, and then a variant that used the mutation focused alternate ranks that could not only go in on The Flesh is Weak but also a talent that let them get mutation like biological alterations. I think I built an Explorator for a Rogue Trader game that was mixed character types where there were Space Marines and thus the non marines got xp to put them on the same "level". My explorator had something like 120 Toughness, and was stronger and tankier than Space Marines, though obviously without the other benefits that a Space Marine would get. Too bad I never got to play them. Would just love to be able to replace as much of my characters body as possible in the game.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Considering how popular Explorator Explorers are, my guess is that they're being withheld for a DLC, maybe? It'd certainly be something people would pay for, as opposed to say, Shifters, niche archetypes and Androids for Pathfinder.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Beat the beta getting to the end of Act 3, game is 5 acts total.

First off, Act 3 is going to be a loving problem. I rushed through a lot and used toybox to kill all enemies to end fights but I was seeing a shitload of potential problems that might soft lock the game or just grind down your will to keep playing. Everything up to this point was fine and good, some challenge, some annoyances, nothing that seemed like massive roadblocks to game progression.

- There's a storybook event you pick options for, and almost all the skill-based ones for me were -10 to -30, and if you fail too many it's an automatic game over. Not sure if there was just some bad ends and non skill options or what.
- A ton of persuasion/coercion options and either it went off the PC instead of the party or literally everyone was too low to get a skill check penalty better then -20 so you miss a ton of content options
- You pretty much cannot run the later maps without someone with high level demolitions
- The space marine that you get is actually worse then your existing human companions or at least was for me. He also refuses to unequip his 2h Astartes Bolter, meaning if you want to give him another heavy weapon he lacks any melee attack ability.
- Several massive, 20+ enemy fights where sometimes they fight each other but also don't? Speaking of the Space Marine, the fight where he shows up as a neutral NPC he's supposed to fight and kill the enemies via CPU control but he went down to the first attack in the first round
- There's series of major fights with no rest in between, so if you end up stacking a Trauma you might be completely hosed after the 2nd of 4 fights right in a row
- I didn't find it because I wasn't looking, but there must be some place to rest to recover from Traumas, because if their isn't then literally every fight is going to be a savescum and restart if anyone goes down or gets a Trauma, including out of combat from any traps.
- A few examples of enemy snipers in 'elevated' sniper positions that are a loving pain in the rear end to manage, I guess you might be able to rush it with your sniper and take it over but they will do a ton of damage to anyone out of cover
- So much cool stuff that requires the Drukhari weapon proficiency to use, seems like that might be a strongly recommended feat to take given the nature of the campaign (I still think Eldar and Druk should be one single prof)

Lore, experience, story, narrative wise? Cool as hell and a ton of potential. Gameplay wise, lol gently caress Core or harder because a lot of these fights could literally end in a round one 'fail state' from a bad initiative roll.

Barring all that, the bones of a very good game that need a good amount of polish. My overall experience made me think that lore:xeno, persuasion/coercion(PC for sure), demolition, tech, athletics, and awareness are the god-tier skills to get the most out of the game experience. Tech seemed way more important and common then Logic did as well.

Sidenote, the Marksman ranged abilities also work with melee weapons, so you can chop one enemy in half with a force sword, then use shot on the run if another enemy is in short range and chop them in half. I definitely think there's a lot more potential to character builds then what it initially seems like.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

There's a few folk saying the beta is a pale imitation of the release and it better be because the game is borderline unplayable in its current state. It's incredibly buggy, encounter design is awful, skills are completely inscrutable. The clues thing is like Hunters Mark from BG3 designed by a crackhead.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
The beta content is like a year and a half old and was already somewhat out of date when it went live to preorders. It was put up mostly to try and drum up hype and get wider feedback on certain systems and parts of the game-feel (to help inform the final content stretch and polishing phase), and never got updated. From more recent previews, it does not reflect the state of the final game whatsoever.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

SpaceDrake posted:

The beta content is like a year and a half old and was already somewhat out of date when it went live to preorders. It was put up mostly to try and drum up hype and get wider feedback on certain systems and parts of the game-feel (to help inform the final content stretch and polishing phase), and never got updated. From more recent previews, it does not reflect the state of the final game whatsoever.

Core fixes will do a lot to make everything up to Act 3 more fun and manageable. Act 3 is more of a unique set piece and Owlcat are the worst when it comes to setting up that kind of chapter/act and going too far deep into the technically complex and creative aspect at the cost of function. It also has vibes of their final dungeon in Kingmaker, one that was universally hated for the feature of splitting the party, forcing you to run around and hope you don't trigger any fights because they are balanced against a full party.

My biggest concern is the power creep on skill checks especially for anything tied to main quest progression. They set up a fatal one in Kingmaker that would deadstop progression in Act 4, and in general skill checks in Act 5 exploded in difficulty from mid to high 20s to high 30s and up.

As a game it seems overall easier then the Pathfinder ones, but the style of combat seems more designed for grand setpiece fight spectacles and not 10-15+ mobs of enemies crowding the screen. One easy feature that would make those huge fights more manageable would be some kind of special per encounter summon for the RT, get like 3-5 grunts with 10HP and lasguns, maybe a Sergeant with a bolter pistol and sword, and they can only move and do basic attacks.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
So when you go to recruit the Navigator is there a way to get through it without murdering everyone? The guy downstairs was the obvious traitor and I merced him once I had the control rod, and when I went upstairs I was able to talk the navigator lady down without violence and seemingly was at peace with her guardian, but he still wasn't willing to deal with me without violence.

Also, how long does it take before you get access to Plasma/Flame/Melta/power weapons? Does the game keep you to SP and las for the first act?

Also without going too much into spoilers, I'm guessing based on the chatter that Act 3 is the Abyss all over again for better and (mostly) worse?

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Nov 4, 2023

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Quote != edit

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

DeathSandwich posted:

So when you go to recruit the Navigator is there a way to get through it without murdering everyone? The guy downstairs was the obvious traitor and I merced him once I had the control rod, and when I went upstairs I was able to talk the navigator lady down without violence and seemingly was at peace with her guardian, but he still wasn't willing to deal with me without violence.

Also, how long does it take before you get access to Plasma/Flame/Melta/power weapons? Does the game keep you to SP and las for the first act?

Also without going too much into spoilers, I'm guessing based on the chatter that Act 3 is the Abyss all over again for better and (mostly) worse?

You find flamer, plasma, melta stuff pretty early you will just need to take heavy weapon and/or specific weapon type feats in order to use them. You start finding Eldar & Drukhari weapons pretty quick into Act 2 as well, same problem. Not sure when power weapons show up, but there's no massive item progression in the game like going from +0 to +5 in PF, weapons are about damage and penetration you can make do with the starting weapons even into Act 3. Itemization is supposed to get a lot better in the 1.0 version with special abilities, skill bonuses, situational stuff etc to make it more worth it.

Act 3 for RT is very much like Act 4 from Wrath, but without the weird map fuckery it's vastly simpler to navigate around.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Mortismal's got his character creation video out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU7YeCqpdLE

Notes:
1: Forge World characters seem very strong, or at least they do to me- I thought I'd go for Voidborn, but their bonuses and talents seem a little too reliant on random chance for my liking.
2: The Noble's Talent names are just amazing :allears:
3: Holy poo poo, Psyker abilities count as attacks, which means Warriors and Marksmen psykers can throw out multiple psychic attacks per round. This sounds like a WONDERFUL idea :unsmigghh:
4: Master Tactician seems like what I'd hoped the various Leader classes would have been in the alpha and beta, while those abilities have been moved to the Grand Strategist.
5: Arch-Militant seems good for a damage dealer, but depending on how they're statted out in the release, Warriors and Marksmen might not benefit all that much from those skills if they're too specialized in their respective attack types.
6: I'm kind of glad to see that the voidship choice is cosmetic; not to rag on the Sword-class. but drat if that Firestorm isn't what I want my ship to look like :syoon:

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Nov 5, 2023

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
If somebody needs Bag of Tricks to have a good time with the Pathfinder games, would they anticipate needing it with Rogue Trader?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

wizard2 posted:

If somebody needs Bag of Tricks to have a good time with the Pathfinder games, would they anticipate needing it with Rogue Trader?

I didn't need it all that much in the beta myself (with the exception of one boss fight), but I played on Normal difficulty, which I admit coloured my perception a bit. That said, I did find myself enjoying it a lot ore when the Toybox for it came out, but I'm the kind of guy who does stuff like console in a million building materials in Fallout 4, or Cheat Engines BG3, so I might be a little biased :v:

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I mean there is a 90 percent chance I will cheat in resources for the colony building

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
If you aren’t cheating, is it really grimdark space capitalism?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

wizard2 posted:

I would mostly be using it for navigation points to make new warp travel routes, and to rest all instead of treking back and forth from the voidship to remove Traumas.

CommissarMega posted:

3: Holy poo poo, Psyker abilities count as attacks, which means Warriors and Marksmen psykers can throw out multiple psychic attacks per round. This sounds like a WONDERFUL idea :unsmigghh:

Psyker attacks need to not be borderline useless for that to matter, otherwise the vastly better option is to keep buffing & healing allies.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Nov 5, 2023

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

CommissarMega posted:

Notes:
1: Forge World characters seem very strong, or at least they do to me- I thought I'd go for Voidborn, but their bonuses and talents seem a little too reliant on random chance for my liking.
2: The Noble's Talent names are just amazing :allears:
4: Master Tactician seems like what I'd hoped the various Leader classes would have been in the alpha and beta, while those abilities have been moved to the Grand Strategist.
5: Arch-Militant seems good for a damage dealer, but depending on how they're statted out in the release, Warriors and Marksmen might not benefit all that much from those skills if they're too specialized in their respective attack types.
6: I'm kind of glad to see that the voidship choice is cosmetic; not to rag on the Sword-class. but drat if that Firestorm isn't what I want my ship to look like :syoon:

This is extremely helpful because I'm completely in the dark about Rogue Trader mechanics compared to Pathfinder, so I need all the help I can get even if I'll probably just rely on guides and people posting builds on release.

Just looking at the options though Crime Lord looks fun, probably paired with Operative to remove defenses and do big burst damage, refunding your Sure-Fire Plan stack.

Noble also looks absolutely hilarious, and probably very viable if what I've heard about Argenta soloing encounters is true. You'll want very high initiative to go first I guess and then just sit there being useless the rest of the fight lol.

I feel like everyone is going to want to go Psyker which instinctively makes me not want to because I am that guy.

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Nov 5, 2023

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Nephthys posted:

Noble also looks absolutely hilarious, and probably very viable if what I've heard about Argenta soloing encounters is true. You'll want very high initiative to go first I guess and then just sit there being useless the rest of the fight lol.

Yeah, if Warriors and Marksmen have the same Momentum skill as they had in the alpha and beta, having a Noble Officer in the party will lead to Shenanigans™ :unsmigghh:

Nephthys posted:

I feel like everyone is going to want to go Psyker which instinctively makes me not want to because I am that guy.

Haha, you're probably right! I certainly am going to start out as a Biomancer, and then branch off into Sanctic for *~*~roleplaying~*~* reasons.

pentyne posted:

Psyker attacks need to not be borderline useless for that to matter, otherwise the vastly better option is to keep buffing & healing allies.

I dunno; I thought Heinrik's telekinetic powers were pretty good on the offensive, especially the one with the knockdown chances. And those pyrokinetic powers looked nice and beefy at first glance; just keep pumping that Willpower and Psy Rating. Honestly, by the looks of it, the real challenge for Psykers is balancing their warp powers with their class abilities, since it seems like they suffer from a class and talent-based MAD.

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Nov 5, 2023

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Higher psy ranks need to come with very effective CC or damage aoe abilities. The basic psyker weapon attacks raise the psy level way too much to be worth using every round, even if they were doing more the 5 damage.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Full breakdown of psyker abilities

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5a7a-SJmOU

These are the current Psy level 3 and higher ones

Biomancy

Enfeeble: minor damage, debuff until combat ends
Invigorate: Heal wounds, if full health can remove status debuffs
Metabolic Overchage: Causes ally to gain full MP, and AP equal to your Psy rating, takes 5% of total wounds as damage plus addtional action based on amount of actions
Regeneration: Target recovers wounds each turn, removes 1 status debuff until end of combat
Warp Speed: Target gains bonus MP, agility, and bonus to AP per Psy rating

Diviner
Perfect Timing: Ally gets a 1 use ability to counterattack when dodge or parrying
Prescience: Bonus to INT, PER, FEL, WP until end of combat

Pyromancer
Firestorm: Large AOE that hits all currently on fire targets with the ability Ignite
Orchestrate Flames: Can make burning permanent, when used on allies on fire they get fire damage to their attacks, and take 1/2 damage from their own flames
Molten Beam: Beam attack that inflicts Ignite, debuff to armor until end of combat, can cause warp burn
Inflame: All burn effects deal more damage, on cast causes all burned creatues in combat to take damage

Santic
Purge Soul: direct damage that increases based on level of chaos influence and other factors, does not affect targets with no souls (necrons maybe?)
Light of the Emperor: Mass heal for targets under Word of Emperor
Hammer of the Emperor: 1 turn use damage increase for all allies under Word of Emperor
Shield of the Emperor: Bonus to deflection and armour for 1 turn

Telepath
Dominate: target spends all MP rushing towards the psyker if they fail willpower, reoccurs until they pass the check
Psychic Assault: Large cone stun effect, like Navigator eye, inflicts Shriek damage
Sensory Deprivation: Willpower check, success causes blind, failure causes blind and -30 to BS WS AGI and PER
Mind Bond: Until end of combat, ally makes some checks using it or the psyker's abilities, whichever is higher
Mind Rupture: WP check, fail and target attacks allies, and takes a debuff to WP as well

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Grand Strategist sounds really interesting.

CommissarMega posted:

Haha, you're probably right! I certainly am going to start out as a Biomancer, and then branch off into Sanctic for *~*~roleplaying~*~* reasons.

I was thinking Telepath to Sanctic for the same reason. Start as a religiously indifferent forge worlder and just become increasingly certain they’ve been chosen by the Omnissiah over the course of the game.

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

lookin at that biomancer start because poison+melee always floats my boat

i came to the thread to see if the beta-branch was at all recent and looks like no :(

4 weeks too long the recent youtube vids have made me hungry for rogue trader

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
I'm going to use only flamers and be a pyro psychic.

Maybe a sniper too in case there's armor.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

CottonWolf posted:

Grand Strategist sounds really interesting.

I was thinking Telepath to Sanctic for the same reason. Start as a religiously indifferent forge worlder and just become increasingly certain they’ve been chosen by the Omnissiah over the course of the game.

Honestly, after watching the video pentyne posted, I'm thinking of going BIomancer->Pyro instead, as that seems to fit in 110% to how I want to play my dude; Sanctic seems a mite too defensive for me, and who can say no to actually wanting to be on fire? Hell, it'd certainly fit into that one early scene in the prologue, no?

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Nov 6, 2023

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

pentyne posted:

Core fixes will do a lot to make everything up to Act 3 more fun and manageable. Act 3 is more of a unique set piece and Owlcat are the worst when it comes to setting up that kind of chapter/act and going too far deep into the technically complex and creative aspect at the cost of function. It also has vibes of their final dungeon in Kingmaker, one that was universally hated for the feature of splitting the party, forcing you to run around and hope you don't trigger any fights because they are balanced against a full party.

My biggest concern is the power creep on skill checks especially for anything tied to main quest progression. They set up a fatal one in Kingmaker that would deadstop progression in Act 4, and in general skill checks in Act 5 exploded in difficulty from mid to high 20s to high 30s and up.

As a game it seems overall easier then the Pathfinder ones, but the style of combat seems more designed for grand setpiece fight spectacles and not 10-15+ mobs of enemies crowding the screen. One easy feature that would make those huge fights more manageable would be some kind of special per encounter summon for the RT, get like 3-5 grunts with 10HP and lasguns, maybe a Sergeant with a bolter pistol and sword, and they can only move and do basic attacks.

Yeah the reason I'm holding back is because of Owlcat's historic 'just make the numbers ridiculously high' approach to encounter design.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
So it's there a known bug with the random bridge events? The first time it dropped me in to talk to one of the officers, I wasn't in the chair and could free roam. If I walked over and talked to the officer, the chair would engage and turn around, my character was still seemingly attached to it rotating my character fully out of the map and out of bounds. This prevents me from talking and functionally soft locks my game.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Alchenar posted:

Yeah the reason I'm holding back is because of Owlcat's historic 'just make the numbers ridiculously high' approach to encounter design.

I assume they would not remove it from the beta but there is a slider that can adjust the skill checks by 50 in either direction. Not sure why anyone would make it harder but lowering it -50 probably means nothing short of endgame "choose your special ending" checks would likely fail.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Homeworld features in depth
*does not seem to be any reactivity tied to the homeworld choice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-rEY-_OEZU

Death World
- Survival Instinct: 1x per combat when wounds drop below 30%, gain 20% of max wounds as temp. Gain 20% bonus to dodge and armor while having at least 1 wound.
- +5 STR, TGH, AGI
- -5 to INT, FEL

Talents
Brutal Hunter: +15% crit chance against bleeding or below 50% of max wounds
Trusty Weapons: +10% crit chance with axes, hammers, las weapons
Wounded Beast: Each injury increases AGI and WP by 5, trauma counts as 3 injuries.
Hellish Life: TGH reduces damage from flame, toxic, and bleeding
Tenacity: 1x per combat when stun/blind/immobilized, ignore it and gain 20% max wounds.

Voidborn
- Fortune: Any failed check allows for a reroll with a 20% chance to succeed, also 20% chance for enemy dodge or parry to fail after a success
- +5 to WP, INT
- -5 to STR

Talents
- Bloody Mess: crit hit gives 10% chance for 2x damage
- Contagious Luck: when using non damage ability on ally, gain fortune effect for one round, when using on enemy, they get the 20% fail against everyone that round
- Just a Flesh Wound: 20% chance to survive with 1 wound after suffering lethal damage
- Jinx: When above 50% wounds, all chances of all creatures within 3 cells increases by 10%, when below 50% it decreases by 10%
- Be Smart: Lets you use INT instead of FEL, plus can also upgrade INT even if the archetype doesn't include it

Hive World
- Strength In Numbers: bonus to resolve when there are 3 or more creatures in a 3 cell radius, -2 to resolve with no creatures around
- +5 to FEL, AGI
- -5 WP

Talents
- Comradery: Use FEL to pass WP checks against enemy attacks
- Outnumber: if you have melee superiority, bonus increases by 10, if the enemy has it the effect is -10.
- Weapon Personalization: all ranged physical damage weapons gain +1 dmg, +1% armor pen, +1 fire rate, -5 recoil
- Helping Hand: if starting or ending turn adjacent to ally, gain 2 MP
- Fresh Start: 50% bonus to dodge against first AOO every round

Forge World
- +5 TGH, + INT
- -5 FEL
Pick one of 3
Subskin Armor: bonus armor %
Locomotion: bonus to MP and dodge
Analytics: bonus to crit%

Talents
- Pinnacle of Weaponry: First attack with plasma, melta, or power weapon gains bonus damage, rest of combat it's 1/2 that bonus
- Fires of the Forge: deflection bonus against burning and flame
- Steel of the Forge: while wearing heavy armor, +1MP, +1 deflection, cannot fall prone
- Persistance of the Forge: stacking 10% bonus to hit and dodge reduction against any target you hit with a single target attack, crits give a 20% bonus
- Calculated Relations: PER, COE, COM based on INT instead of FEL

Imperial World
-Humanity's Finest: pick a +10 to any characteristic except WS or BS

Talents
- Ready to Serve: increases resolve when affecting an ally or affected by an ally non damaging abilities
- Better to Die for the Emperor: when under 40% wounds, gain bonus to all characteristics and +2 resolve
- Doing my Part: if no other party member is from Imperial World, first use of archetype abilities cost 1AP less
- Know No Heresy: +10% crit hit and +10% armor against xenos or daemons, allies gain 1/2 the effect. Sets Lore Xenos and Warp to 0.
- Stronger Together: All allies except xenos gain a +5 bonus to the Humanity's Finest selection

Fortress World
- Never Stop Shooting: killing enemy gains +10 stacks of this, stack% chance that first attack cost 0AP and doesn't count against attack limit, when triggered all stacks are lost
- +5 PER, WP
- -5 FEL

Talents
- Combat Addict: gains +7 bonus to BS, PER, WP in combat, but -7 to INT, FEL, PER, WP out of combat
- Hail of Steel: each round gain a stacking 1% dodge against ranged for each shot made, using burst attack gives an extra +10 stacks of NSS
- Familiar Kickback: at end of turn, gain stacks of NSS equal to half minimal damage of most damaging ranged weapon used
- Spare Magazine: First reload costs 0 AP, reloading grants 10 stacks of NSS
- Never Stop Believing: Instead of losing all stacks of NSS, becomes WP/2 stacks instead. Can upgrade WP even in archetype doesn't allow it.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

DeathSandwich posted:

So it's there a known bug with the random bridge events? The first time it dropped me in to talk to one of the officers, I wasn't in the chair and could free roam. If I walked over and talked to the officer, the chair would engage and turn around, my character was still seemingly attached to it rotating my character fully out of the map and out of bounds. This prevents me from talking and functionally soft locks my game.

The beta branch is a year and a half old. It is absolutely chock full of bugs and won't be updated with release 31 days away.

Yes, a ton of bridge stuff is known as an issue. It (we hope) got addressed months ago.

pentyne posted:

Homeworld features in depth
*does not seem to be any reactivity tied to the homeworld choice

Boooooo. Booooooooo! That makes homeworld selection a bit easier, but boooooooooooooooooooooo!

SpaceDrake fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Nov 6, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

pentyne posted:

Imperial World
Talents
- Doing my Part: if no other party member is from Imperial World, first use of archetype abilities cost 1AP less
- Stronger Together: All allies except xenos gain a +5 bonus to the Humanity's Finest selection

Sorry xenos, I need a supercharged party