Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Listened to the Genie Jacking podcast, loved the part where he talks about how huge the Djinn's hands were but also that it needed both hands to grasp his cock. Kareem needs to post hog to verify his story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Ep was funny but just lmao if you think ghosts are real.

You can't make fun of gen z for having medieval peasant brain and then think spooky ghosts are real

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I have no problem with wacky beliefs, or even people talking about them, but stop acting so smarmy that someone doesn't believe in 60 different nonsense fairytales, book guy.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Ghosts are real

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I see the guys still stuck in Reddit atheist mode are upset about being called out.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

a while ago i was leaving work when I saw a red light hovering in the sky. I watched it thinking it was a helicopter but it was so far up. it slowly moved higher, then disappeared.

so I know aliens are real and also "I Would"

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

The spiritual world is real and among us, my friends.

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives

Gonzo McFee posted:

Listened to the Genie Jacking podcast, loved the part where he talks about how huge the Djinn's hands were but also that it needed both hands to grasp his cock. Kareem needs to post hog to verify his story.

Best part of the episode was in the very beginning when Jack had to give a trigger warning for both sexual assault and Djinns.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Ghosts are real as is Bigfoot everything else is fake

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

You would say this

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Weird poo poo happens all the time and even if there’s likely a rational explanation for all of them we don’t have them yet and it’s still scary for the people it happened to.

Also I’d love to be a ghost after death, it would rule.

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.
adults love to claim homes are haunted because theyre too dumb to understand basic poo poo like how your inside-opening front door introduces pressure into the home that will rattle/close/slam your other doors and it isnt a loving ghost, mom

if you wanna believe dumb metaphysics bullshit for fun thats fine but when it bleeds over into "I dont associate with Geminis" or whatever its your garden variety brain worms that should disqualify you from having any influence or authority over other living things

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Grinch posted:

adults love to claim homes are haunted because theyre too dumb to understand basic poo poo like how your inside-opening front door introduces pressure into the home that will rattle/close/slam your other doors and it isnt a loving ghost, mom

I saw a great youtube once that was a breakdown of a ghost hunter show where a home contractor would just go through the house and disprove everything that's supposedly haunted about it BEFORE they brought in the psychic ghost hunter team who would then pretend all that poo poo was still real.

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007
If ghosts aren't real then who is jerking me off at night, smart guy?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

lonelylikezoidberg posted:

If ghosts aren't real then who is jerking me off at night, smart guy?

A djinn, weren't you listening?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Am I having intense nightmares based on my obsessive hobby or am I getting wrist action from a nine foot monster man? Who can say.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
If ghosts were real then people wouldn't care just like every other problem. They'd ignore them because real things are boring and take effort to deal with.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

MonsieurChoc posted:

Weird poo poo happens all the time and even if there’s likely a rational explanation for all of them we don’t have them yet and it’s still scary for the people it happened to.

Also I’d love to be a ghost after death, it would rule.

I don;t think people should be rational robots about things happening to them when they do - I had an incidence of sleep paralysis taking a nap once and was scared shitless I'd see some horror in the room even though I knew whatever I saw wasn't going to be real.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Felix basically was describing the film A Ghost Story.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Groovelord Neato posted:

I don;t think people should be rational robots about things happening to them when they do - I had an incidence of sleep paralysis taking a nap once and was scared shitless I'd see some horror in the room even though I knew whatever I saw wasn't going to be real.

I've had a few bouts of sleep paralysis. Used to happen like once a month when I was younger. It's indeed scary as hell.

Weirdly, if I'd manage to fall back into real sleep from it, it would be lucid dreaming, which is a lot of fun.

All that went away after a few years though. I still sleep with blinders on just in case though. You can't hallucinate a horror movie if you can't see anything.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

I had textbook sleep paralysis one time and saw a classic screaming banshee. It was incredibly terrifying.

But through the power of Reddit atheism I recognize it as shortcomings and malfunctions within the sophisticated and Byzantine electrochemistry of my own brain.

Still absolutely hosed.

I would like to believe in a more magical world with all this ghost and Bigfoot bullshit so I’m not gonna get too skeptical.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Many claim to have spotted the "Virgil Texas" cryptid; however, little solid evidence exists.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

oh my poo poo I just realized that for an episode about whether ghosts are real or not they didn't (at least afaik) mention how cats and dogs will bark at nothing or stare intently at a wall or something lol

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

so ghosts have to be real is what I'm saying

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

I've had a few bouts of sleep paralysis. Used to happen like once a month when I was younger. It's indeed scary as hell.

Weirdly, if I'd manage to fall back into real sleep from it, it would be lucid dreaming, which is a lot of fun.

All that went away after a few years though. I still sleep with blinders on just in case though. You can't hallucinate a horror movie if you can't see anything.

I've had it too, and it would have been utterly terrifying if I had not already read about it the first time. Like as they described, you are frozen in fear until suddenly you are not. If you have ever experienced it you understand immediately how ghost stories form, because of you did not know it was A Thing, it would be proof positive to you that something paranormal occurred.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

I used to get sleep paralysis all the time as a kid, once or twice a week for a while, and while I never saw anything weird or scary the experience of your conscious mind being awake while your body is still asleep is so deeply uncomfortable that the idea your conscious brain would start making stuff up to explain the situation and/or shock you into waking up makes a lot of sense to me

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I do like Felix's take that ghosts are other dimension guys just popping in.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Dimensional Bigfoot is such cope.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Dogs and cats stare at walls and poo poo because they have vision problems and/or are stupid as hell.

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.
it would actually be comforting to know ghosts exist because then you'd at least have some confirmation that "you" still exist in one form or another after you die

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Dogs and cats stare at walls and poo poo because they have vision problems and/or are stupid as hell.

Yea I caught my pets staring/barking at the ceiling a few times and it was almost always just trace amounts of dust or hair falling to the floor

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Good mousing cats stare at spots where mice are hiding.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Before we got my cat there was a scratch in the wall we'd hear now and then. The first day she showed up she meowed at the wall and it never happened again. What a good kitty I love her so much.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

I saw a great youtube once that was a breakdown of a ghost hunter show where a home contractor would just go through the house and disprove everything that's supposedly haunted about it BEFORE they brought in the psychic ghost hunter team who would then pretend all that poo poo was still real.

I'm pretty sure we saw the same video, but I still want to note that Paranormal Home Inspectors had at least one amazing clip. Basically every episode was just the guy pointing out that doors weren't hung right or wires were loose or the home is drafty. But then he gets to a place with a shadow person that hangs out by the top of the stairs, and goes absolutely giddy after he figures out that a previous owner hosed up a paint match so in low light the slightly different paint colors created the illusion of a 6 ft shadow as you rounded the corner and he demonstrated it for the camera. :ms:

Maybe some type of point there that a lot of times ghost stories can be frustrating because it can be more interesting to figure out what's going on or explore it even if it's dumb to go Reddit atheist and tell people that their dead relatives aren't coming to visit :shrug:. Sleep paralysis is neat and sucks a lot in the moment. Understanding it made it a lot less scary. I was racked with it for years along with occasional lucid dreams before it suddenly went away. Had a whole alien abduction dream where some Lovecraft monsters put biomechanical eel things on me in an old-timey bathtub. Genuinely odd since I knew it wasn't real the whole time but couldn't pop out of it for a bit. But fun, in a way. Wouldn't be fun (for me) if it gave me a screaming complex that the Mi-Go were real and hunting humans.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

net work error posted:

Before we got my cat there was a scratch in the wall we'd hear now and then. The first day she showed up she meowed at the wall and it never happened again. What a good kitty I love her so much.

:3:

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Dimensional Bigfoot is such cope.

Inter-dimensional alien bigfoots are inter-dimensional aliens, not bigfoots.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
I don't really get criticizing anyone who's dubious about your claims and then being like oh yeah, I'm rigorously skeptical, I vet all my guests, it's impossible to bullshit me on my show about gnomes

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

I do the hard work vetting these guys, I can trust my instincts. Also if you think these are bullshit you are the same as a reddit atheist.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

didn't he used to co-host a show with Brandon Wardell? i wouldn't worry about taking him super seriously lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I don’t think Jack is claiming that these stories really happened because he vetted guests. It’s that the guests sincerely believe they experienced the paranormal even if they obviously went through something else like a weird wet dream.