Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Will Ospreay (C) vs. Shota Umino for the IWGP UK/US Championship - NJPW Power Struggle 11/4

The absolute best character work I have ever seen from Shota Umino, absolutely star-making stuff from a guy who was already in the process of becoming a star but kicked it up another notch tonight in an astonishing way. Plus, you know, Ospreay is absolutely phenomenal in the ring too which doesn't hurt! The 25 minute call absolutely blew my goddamn mind.

Nth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPW Power Struggl November 4th
MOTYC
Hiroshi Tanahashi and CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada and Tomohiri Ishii) (c) vs TMDK (Zack Sabre Jr, Mikey Nicholls and Shane Haste) - NEVER Openweight 6-Man Titles
- This match ruled, crowd were into everything and every nearfall had me jumping out my seat

Will Ospreay (c) vs Shota Umino - IWGP US UK Title
- gently caress yeah, this is a New Japan main event

HM
Great O-Khan vs Jon Moxley - Falls Count Anywhere
- lol what a loving mess, miracle no audience members got tagged with random flying poo poo

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
17th September
GLEAT G Prowrestling Ver.59
BULK Orchestra (Check Shimatani, Hayato Tamura & Ryuichi Kawakami) vs Jack Cartwheel & STRONGHEARTS (El Lindaman & T-Hawk)
Watch this here

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: AR Fox vs Jay White, Collision 10/28
MOTYC: Omega vs MJF, same show

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Pylons posted:

AEW Rampage 11/3

MOTYC: Penta El Zero Miedo vs. El Hijo del Vikingo vs. Komander
HM: Daniel Garcia vs. Trent Beretta

Nthing both of these. Trent vs Garcia was way more violent and back and forth than I expected, I loved it.

this kid is nuts
Mar 30, 2016

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Will Ospreay (C) vs. Shota Umino for the IWGP UK/US Championship - NJPW Power Struggle 11/4

The absolute best character work I have ever seen from Shota Umino, absolutely star-making stuff from a guy who was already in the process of becoming a star but kicked it up another notch tonight in an astonishing way. Plus, you know, Ospreay is absolutely phenomenal in the ring too which doesn't hurt! The 25 minute call absolutely blew my goddamn mind.

Nth

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HM: Swerve Strickland vs. AR Fox - AEW Collision 11/4
HM: Darby Allin vs. Lance Archer - AEW Collision 11/4
HM: The Acclaimed & Daddy rear end (C) vs. Dalton Castle & The Boys for the AEW Trios Titles - AEW Collision 11/4
HM: FTR & Los Faccion Ingobernables (Rush & Vance) vs. Ricky Starks, Big Bill & The Gates of Agony - AEW Collision 11/4

What a fantastic, chaotic Collision this week.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Nov 5, 2023

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

Jerusalem posted:

HM: The Acclaimed & Daddy rear end (C) vs. Dalton Castle & The Boys for the AEW Trios Titles - AEW Collision 11/4
HM: FTR and Los Faccion Ingobernables (Rush & Vance) vs. Ricky Starks, Big Bill & The Gates of Agony - AEW Collision 11/4

nthing these, knocked off the first one bc i tuned in late

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

HM: FTR and Los Faccion Ingobernables (Rush & Vance) vs. Ricky Starks, Big Bill & The Gates of Agony - AEW Collision 11/4

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ivypls posted:

nthing these, knocked off the first one bc i tuned in late

Highly recommend going back to catch up on it, it was really, really loving good!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
2nd November
All Japan Giant Series Hokkaido Edition Night 3
Fuminori Abe & Zennichi Shin Jidai (Kento Miyahara & Yuma Aoyagi) vs Ryo Inoue, Ryuki Honda & Yuma Anzai

This was an extremely charming, extremely fun & genuinely very good house show style match. Y'know, we're not working at 100%, we're having some fun, having some laughs, it's Yuma Aoyagi's birthday, but at the same time the young team here are hungry for the upset & won't back down. Abe is a good fit in this sort of match because when he's not violently stiffing the poo poo out of his opponent he does some goofy poo poo, his selling at times is Flair Flop levels of silly, and then there's the rebound punch he does. Just had a lot of good times watching this. Sometimes that's all you need

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC
Hiroshi Tanahashi and CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada and Tomohiri Ishii) (c) vs TMDK (Zack Sabre Jr, Mikey Nicholls and Shane Haste) - NEVER Openweight 6-Man Titles
- This match ruled, crowd were into everything and every nearfall had me jumping out my seat

HM
- lol what a loving mess, miracle no audience members got tagged with random flying poo poo

Nth

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Jerusalem posted:

HM: FTR & Los Faccion Ingobernables (Rush & Vance) vs. Ricky Starks, Big Bill & The Gates of Agony - AEW Collision 11/4

nth these

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Alex Shelley, Impact Multiverse United 2 8/20

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

AJPW Giant Series November 5th (Afternoon Show)
HM
El Lindaman (c) vs Jonathan Gresham - PWF World Jr Title
Voodoo Murders (Jun Saito and Rei Saito) (c) vs Minoru Suzuki and Hokuto Omori - AJPW World Tag Team Titles

e: Forgot to add that the tag match was for the belts

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Nov 5, 2023

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

AJPW Giant Series November 5th (Evening Show)
MOTYC
Yuma Aoyagi (c) vs Katsuhiko Nakajima - Triple Crown
- loving hell, the tension here

HM
El Lindaman, Fuminori Abe and Atsuki Aoyagi vs Jonathan Gresham, Rising HAYATO and Dan Tamura
T-Hawk and Kento Miyahara vs Yuma Anzai and Ryuki Honda

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

HM
El Lindaman, Fuminori Abe and Atsuki Aoyagi vs Jonathan Gresham, Rising HAYATO and Dan Tamura

2nd. AJPW is a worth your time

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

What's the easiest way to watch current AJPW?

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

What's the easiest way to watch current AJPW?

https://www.ajpw.tv/ doesn't have the Wrestle Universe video quality, but it does have the Wrestle Universe price of 900 yen per month.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

If you're more piracy minded pretty much every All Japan show shows up in this vk (Russian social media) group, you don't need to be a sign up for anything but the quality is variable depending on who's uploading it. On the plus side the cards are all in English

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Speaking of stuff on vk

Sendai Girls November 5th
MOTYC
Team 200kg (Chihiro Hashimoto and Yuu) vs Riko Kawahata and Takumi Iroha
- https://vk.com/video-4499945_456251876?t=1h09m07s
- This was loving rad, if it went another 5-10 it'd be in serious contention for my favourite women's match this year

HM
Mio Momono vs Yukira Oka
- https://vk.com/video-4499945_456251876?t=10m20s

Sareee vs Mika Iwata
- https://vk.com/video-4499945_456251876?t=2h05m03s
- Was kind of disappointed in this, it was very good but my expectations were sky high for these two in a main event

The show also had an Aja Kong hardcore match which was pretty cool

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Archive.org is also being used to preserve 2023 AJPW videos, if I'm not mistaken.

They are, however, a real indie that's struggling to make ends meet and not part of some megacorp like other promotions are. I really encourage you to give them the few dollars a month - their main events are well worth it.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
MOTYC: Tristan Archer vs. Will Ospreay, Rixe Episode 12, 2/25 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnrzZi1_dWg&t=6825s

MOTYC: Tam Nakano vs. Giulia, Stardom All Star Queen Stardom 4/23
MOTYC: Chihiro Hashimoto vs. Syuri, same show
HM: Mayu Iwatani vs. Mercedes Mone, same show

HM: Giulia, Maika & Thekla vs. Hazuki, Koguma & Mayu Iwatani, Stardom Golden Week Fight Tour 5/3

Punch McLightning fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Nov 5, 2023

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Punch McLightning posted:

Archive.org is also being used to preserve 2023 AJPW videos, if I'm not mistaken.

They are, however, a real indie that's struggling to make ends meet and not part of some megacorp like other promotions are. I really encourage you to give them the few dollars a month - their main events are well worth it.

Yeah, there's some good ways to watch for a taster of how good the company is, but if you can afford it it's good to support them. Some great younger talent

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Punch McLightning posted:

MOTYC: Tristan Archer vs. Will Ospreay, Rixe Episode 12 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnrzZi1_dWg&t=6825s

Nth, très magnifique. Crowd were fantastic here

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Any time you get to watch someone seriously yell SACRE BLEU over an Ospreay match, you should watch it.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
28th August
FREEDOMS Jun Kasai Produce Tokyo Deathmatch Carnival 2023 Vol.2
Fluorescent Lighttubes & Glass Board Alpha Deathmatch
Jun Kasai vs Masashi Takeda

Big time nth

Also
MOTY: Joey Janela vs Masashi Takeda
GCW The New Face of War, July 18

MOTY: John Wayne Murdoch vs Jun Kasai
GCW Planet Death, July 19

Is Jun Kasai the greatest wrestler of all time????

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Oleg Boltin vs. Zack Sabre Jr, NJPW Super Junior Tag League 10/24

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Speaking of promotions I'd like to watch but can't really justify adding ANOTHER paid monthly service to my bills, Stardom just doubled its successful MOTYCs for the year thank to Punch's latest nominations, putting it above DDT (and little known Saudi Arabia based promotion WWE) and it is now at just over half the MOTYCs of TJPW.

gripebomb
Dec 13, 2006

I wanted to fight the world.

- Eddie Kingston

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

HM

Nth. I'm in love with AJPW this year.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Jerusalem posted:

Nthing these. Super fun show

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

Jerusalem posted:

Nth

Holy gently caress, shooter.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Jerusalem posted:

nthing this, if not for the Ospreay/Omega matches this would be the best match I saw all year. Watch this match!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

AlmightyPants posted:

Watch this match!

i would like to !!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

HM

Nth...Will locked up wrestler of the year with that match god drat

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

Speaking of promotions I'd like to watch but can't really justify adding ANOTHER paid monthly service to my bills, Stardom just doubled its successful MOTYCs for the year thank to Punch's latest nominations, putting it above DDT (and little known Saudi Arabia based promotion WWE) and it is now at just over half the MOTYCs of TJPW.

I'm happy to provide this service.

Need to finish the show (and it doesn't sound like I'll necessarily be posting anything else from this show in here), but:

HM: Claudio Castagnoli vs. Orange Cassidy, Dynamite 11/1
HM: Bishop Kaun, Brian Cage, & Toa Liona vs. Adam Page, Matt Jackson, & Nick Jackson, ditto

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Big Dave posted:

Is Jun Kasai the greatest wrestler of all time????

Should be in the discussion for greatest wrestler this century at least.

HM
3rd November
All Japan Giant Series Hokkaido Edition Night 4
Fuminori Abe & Jonathan Gresham vs Zennichi Shin Jidai (Atsuki Aoyagi & Rising HAYATO)

HM
3rd November
All Japan Giant Series Hokkaido Edition Night 5
Fuminori Abe & Stronghearts (El Lindaman & T-Hawk) vs Jonathan Gresham & Zennichi Shin Jidai (Kento Miyahara & Rising HAYATO)

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Mina Shirakawa vs. Utami Hayashishita, Stardom 5Star Grand Prix 7/23

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

BJW New Standard Big "B" ~ The Day When Thank You Explodes ~ October 22nd
MOTYC
Astronauts (Fuminori Abe and Takuya Nomura) (c) vs Hideki Suzuki and Hikaru Sato - BJW Tag Team Titles
- Loved this, every sequence felt like a struggle between the two teams
- https://vk.com/video-4499945_456251852?t=1h04m58s

HM
Yuya Aoki vs Daisuke Sekimoto
- Meaty men slepping meat
- https://vk.com/video-4499945_456251852?t=1h46m59s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPW STRONG Independence Day July 5th
MOTYC
El Desperado vs Jon Moxley
- https://vk.com/video-4499945_456251155?t=2h55m29s
- Deathmatch Despy is always a good time, especially when he starts the match already beat to poo poo from his match the previous day