Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

For some reason I thought you were all talking about Kelly Olynek and was super confused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
He also sucks

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Lockback posted:

He also sucks

youre kelly olynyk irl?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Lockback posted:

If he was so incredible he wouldn't impregnate his wife 9 months away from the NBA season.

He should have timed it so the kid would be born during the playoffs to get a little FVV-style boost.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Salvor_Hardin posted:

He should have timed it so the kid would be born during the playoffs to get a little FVV-style boost.

didn’t he already do that during the finals run?

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

fart simpson posted:

derrick white is an incredible basketball player. i love him
I'm getting gregnant rn

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Stevie Lee posted:

Based on this season only, i couldn't disagree more. I've never been more pleasantly surprised by a Sixers free agent signing than I have been with Oubre. I knew his reputation and expected the worst, but he's been absolutely balling out on both ends of the floor this season. Maybe getting no real offers this year was an eye opener for him and he actually wants a contract next offseason

Yeah, he was very vocal about wanting to come back to Charlotte and not getting an offer from them (or any one else) had to sting. He’s always been capable he’s just rarely locked in, not surprised he looks good in a better context with a little more effort

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

morestuff posted:

Yeah, he was very vocal about wanting to come back to Charlotte and not getting an offer from them (or any one else) had to sting. He’s always been capable he’s just rarely locked in, not surprised he looks good in a better context with a little more effort

The issue will be when his FG% comes down to earth will he adjust a bit or become a black hole. Because he doesn't offer much more than hot shooting.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
For some reason I thought Oubre was drafted by Miami, he has all the hallmarks of a former heat role player continuing to sucker in new teams despite never being good.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

dokmo posted:

For some reason I thought Oubre was drafted by Miami, he has all the hallmarks of a former heat role player continuing to sucker in new teams despite never being good.

Riley would have had him shot in abandoned marina, Miami Vice style.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Salvor_Hardin posted:

The issue will be when his FG% comes down to earth will he adjust a bit or become a black hole. Because he doesn't offer much more than hot shooting.

I mean there’s nothing athletically stopping him from being a good defender, he’s just rarely tuned in on that side of the ball. He had a good rep early in his career, with a backstop like Embiid and staring down life outside the NBA I can see him getting some form back

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I still can't distinguish between an Oubre and an Olynyk in my head

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Papercut posted:

I still can't distinguish between an Oubre and an Olynyk in my head

I honestly would struggle to come up with two people further away from each other on the attractiveness scale despite having names starting with the same vowel.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Lockback posted:

I honestly would struggle to come up with two people further away from each other on the attractiveness scale despite having names starting with the same vowel.

Oubre and Ostertag

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

props to Miami for not going with boring grey
https://twitter.com/IraHeatBeat/status/1721206663602954684/photo/1

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

https://twitter.com/iraheatbeat/status/1721206663602954684?s=46&t=zVI0vYegDAVtcmKcmkilAQ

Efb

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lol gently caress off miami heat

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Culture court is like someone forgot the word for Petri dish

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

R.D. Mangles posted:

lol gently caress off miami heat

What would a Jim Boylen culture court say?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Traxis posted:

bulls are just putting the boylen flex picture the length of the entire court

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Traxis posted:

just a picture of a giant punchclock

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

If I designed a court it would say EDUCATION REFORM and GROUP ECONOMICS in the key.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

The toughest, meanest, nastiest 2-4 team

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

the gently caress

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

the nastiest and dirtiest in the NBA you say

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I would like it if the suns big three would play at the same time please. They should be fun to watch together. Ok bye

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

I try not to say this very often but: cringe

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i felt like i was pretty on top of all this court and uniform stuff but there's both 1) the in-game tournament courts and 2) the City edition courts, and only 21 22 teams (Mavs' design isn't out yet) chose to do two separate courts

https://uni-watch.com/2023/11/03/nba-releases-another-21-new-court-designs/

the Nets' City court looks great, very curious to see the Pacers' City court in action, my god Milwaukee you're so boring with these, kinda respect the Spurs', nobody else really stood out

Aye Doc fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Nov 5, 2023

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Hate the player, not the tournament

Bismack Billabongo posted:

I would like it if the suns big three would play at the same time please. They should be fun to watch together. Ok bye

Can I interest you in a slightly more used big three? The Clippers new old three lineup should roll out tomorrow it should be a fun roller coaster.

Red Rox fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Nov 5, 2023

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

The courts are dumb but in the "Try something weird" way which is fun and I support it. Too much crap is getting homogenized and gentrified in society. Put a piss streak on your court. Make your court a exaltation to the blood god. Put a weirdo star-wars text scroll on the court. Do it.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

do NOT put a dang piss streak on your court

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

normally I wouldn't advocate following an Amin talking point but this seems like a good topic

Are we talking olde tyme American civil war? Captain America civl war? African nation civil war? Is Julius Randle a basketball terrorist? What does this make Thibs?

quote:

[Elhassan] I think the Knicks are a team that’s engaged in a ‘civil war.’ That war is between the guys who know how to play and the ones that don’t.

quote:

I think the Knicks are a team that’s engaged in a ‘civil war.’ That war is between the guys who know how to play and the ones that don’t.

On one side you got Brunson and the Villanova guys, you got Grimes, Hartenstein, Robinson…

On the other hand of the ledger you got Julius Randle, RJ Barrett, Immanuel Quickley… guys that are just playing ‘impulse basketball.’ You can get through a regular season on impulse basketball, you can’t get anywhere in the playoffs on impulse basketball.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Personally I’d rather be a nice dude and fun to hang out with but theirs is good too I guess.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

WhyteRyce posted:

normally I wouldn't advocate following an Amin talking point but this seems like a good topic

Are we talking olde tyme American civil war? Captain America civl war? African nation civil war? Is Julius Randle a basketball terrorist? What does this make Thibs?

all those guys he listed on the 'cool' side are also loser basketball players though

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Make the whole court like this

https://youtu.be/oRBlbsW7ISE?si=Af_qtyEoCVU_CDJn

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Miami will win a lot of tournament games while opposing players are too busy preparing point by point rebuttals of the heat’s court

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

WhyteRyce posted:

The only Amin anyone should listen to is Samir Amin, whose literature on world history, tributary societies, and global systems theories is indispensable to a proper understanding of the political-economic landscape of the modern day. Nets city court looks good but the tournament court is a real snooze

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OH WORD SON
Apr 21, 2006

Live
laugh
live ball fouls