Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

burexas.irom posted:

This reminded me of the best business card I ever seen. It's made of sheet metal. Also enjoy my courduroy pants

The best business card I’ve ever seen was by a guy at the local brick company. It was a business-card sized brick with the usually business card stuff engraved into it. You can’t put it in your wallet but every construction guy had it as a paperweight or knickknack on their desk so it was more visible that way anyway. Probably got them a shitload of extra orders with those cute little bricks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
If your business card in 2023 can't be used to shim a lock or cut a ziptie what good is it?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB0aROCl530

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Karate Bastard posted:

If your business card in 2023 can't be used to shim a lock or cut a ziptie what good is it?

I've got one of these sitting around somewhere.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
"Click out of one"

Tagra
Apr 7, 2006

If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Improbable Lobster posted:

the one time a canada goose charged me, I stood in place and it turned at the last moment and flew off. I think it expected me to move

You played chicken with a goose?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Is that a standard in three thousandths?

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Karate Bastard posted:

Bottle opener. I've used one for some law firm from a careers fair I didn't go to since 2004, seeing as it's just a chunk of flat metal it does probably double as an improvised weapon.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
It's only improvised if you don't practice :eng101:

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

burexas.irom posted:

This reminded me of the best business card I ever seen. It's made of sheet metal. Also enjoy my courduroy pants

I am entergaged.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Now tell me about the slots, the various extrusions, and choices of gauge holes

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Lmao the ruler doesn't have a positive zero in either orientation

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Time for this oldie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YBxeDN4tbk

5TonsOfFlax
Aug 31, 2001

Takes No Damage posted:

Use the eyedrop picker from the Ublock menu to select the popup and specifically block it.

This will remove the warning, but it will not change the fact that they detected the ad blocker and will likely cut you off at some point.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
My business card is printed on a perforated sheet of LSD

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

BiggerBoat posted:

My business card is printed on a perforated sheet of LSD

PM me

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

5TonsOfFlax posted:

This will remove the warning, but it will not change the fact that they detected the ad blocker and will likely cut you off at some point.

On that day, I will learn the banjo

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
On that day you will log out of YouTube or open videos in incognito tabs, both of which still work

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Karate Bastard posted:

On that day, I will learn the banjo

Good luck without access to video banjo lessons!

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Then I shall learn to play it poorly, to spite my fellow man

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Mega Comrade posted:

I personally wouldn't trust Brave after they went all in on cryptocurrency bullshit.

Maybe it's time to move to Vivaldi :sigh:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Karate Bastard posted:

Then I shall learn to play it poorly, to spite my fellow man

So you'll be a professional banjo player, then.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Happy Landfill posted:

Maybe it's time to move to Vivaldi :sigh:

I did get the adblock warning on Vivaldi, after a few days' adless youtube viewing. Went back to Firefox with Ublock Origin, cache cleared and lists updated, and it's okay again.

It's weird how they roll these things out. I started getting adblock warnings on my desktop PC, but have yet to see one on my laptop. Same browser, addons, Windows version, VPN...

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Society gets as lovely as we let it. Fight your neighbor's fight.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I wouldn't put too much stock in receiving the messages themselves, google loves doing a/b testing of different systems in prod, so I wouldn't put it past them at all to internally count an adblocker hit but not inform the user this time. Cat and mouse games against the adblock-blocker-blockers by not giving them complete information on how well they're evading detection.

If you're using adblockers with youtube on desktop, your best bet is to have multiple different programs installed and kept up to date and just swap between whichever is working at the moment. Also if you're logged in, don't use your main google account in case they take action against flagged accounts in the future

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

This is not for everyone but I just have all my Youtube channels I follow in an RSS reader (Feedly) and then have JDownloader downoad them all and I never have even have to go to the site and I can watch videos in VLC.

Like I said, this might just be for crazy people like myself.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://x.com/theekaylan/status/1721000897784828340?s=46&t=CBKJcBX0BD3U5HgUdsqBtw

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
That this video does not have sound is a crime

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

Hippocrass posted:

engidesigneer

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
See this Ublock Origin reddit mega post for all your Youtube adblocking needs.

https://www.reddit.com/r/uBlockOrigin/comments/17j6ygs/youtube_antiadblock_and_ads_october_29_2023_mega/

TLDR is to use UO, sometimes you will have problems, but just deal with it.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

tell me more.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Unperson_47 posted:

This is not for everyone but I just have all my Youtube channels I follow in an RSS reader (Feedly) and then have JDownloader downoad them all and I never have even have to go to the site and I can watch videos in VLC.

Like I said, this might just be for crazy people like myself.

Our programmes may differ but the method is the same :respek:

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Im surprised how many people actually *use* youtube instead of occasionally getting a video sent to them. Much the same as twitter/x/musk's penis

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
they call them yousers

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://www.theonion.com/area-man-constantly-mentioning-he-doesnt-own-a-televisi-1819565469

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I went to YouTube the other day and it showed me an anti-trans propaganda ad right away. gently caress that poo poo and may they burn for taking that money.

e: also I googled it and it has been showing that or something similar for at least months now according to people’s complaints

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Jesus gently caress :psylon:

https://twitter.com/YallahHabibiBTC/status/1721191120074428825

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

schreibs posted:

Im surprised how many people actually *use* youtube instead of occasionally getting a video sent to them. Much the same as twitter/x/musk's penis

A lot of people watch more Youtube than movies or TV.

Maybe even most people under 30.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Wait the ape guys are still around? Lmao that’s got to be a pretty exclusive club at this point