Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I realize it makes me look like one of the insane Tebow-thumping Christian NFL demi-fans from a decade ago, but I firmly believe Taysom never got a fair shake as a starter, the staff was already in love with the idea of fixing Jameis, and that while he was never going to be an All-Star, Taysom was a perfectly decent QB to build the team around for the next few years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Silly Burrito posted:

True, even my rosy rear end Saints glasses knows the Saints won in spite of Dennis Allen, not because of him.

Also at this point, Carr is just looking like a bust. I know Taysom is not the real answer, but it seems that they get it done a lot better when he’s behind center.

Since theyre committed to Carr for like three years, I'd like to see how he performs with an actual OC instead of Pete. But I could easily see myself saying in Oct 2024 to leave his rear end in (insert city here).

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
If Taysom would just do two reads and then take the ball down and run he'd have been okay but he kept trying to be Brees (maybe being coached to do that).

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

MJBuddy posted:

If Taysom would just do two reads and then take the ball down and run he'd have been okay but he kept trying to be Brees (maybe being coached to do that).

He can't run that much if he's the starting QB. He'll be injured for the season by like game 4.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
If Taysom can't run he can't be QB because he's not accurate enough to play is straight up.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
"Holy poo poo, I can't believe that Falcons game. This team just will never be normal. How am I still hyped? I wonder who's next."

"..."

"loving again?"

Son of a bitch. Hi, Saints, how're you doing. We really need to stop meeting like this. Half the team is injured, so I guess we understand each other.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

MJBuddy posted:

If Taysom can't run he can't be QB because he's not accurate enough to play is straight up.

Yeah pretty much.

His disposability is his best asset. Make him our short-yardage wildcat back. Send him out to cover punts. Make him block as a TE. Put him in the slot. It doesn't matter if he gets hurt doing any of these things, we got other dudes who can do all that stuff.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Bucs should hire whoever is the Texans OC. I'm assuming he's younger and from the Shanahan tree.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah pretty much.

His disposability is his best asset. Make him our short-yardage wildcat back. Send him out to cover punts. Make him block as a TE. Put him in the slot. It doesn't matter if he gets hurt doing any of these things, we got other dudes who can do all that stuff.

Yeah if the Saints basically decided Taysom gets 80% of snaps within 3 yards I'm all for it.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

wandler20 posted:

Bucs should hire whoever is the Texans OC. I'm assuming he's younger and from the Shanahan tree.

Correct and correct. Bobby Slowik. dude’s a year younger than me and I’m not even 40

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/fashion_nfl/status/1721311308363297231?t=B-FDFLWxLh3eyNANDdKmEQ&s=19

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Today was like watching a vintage Bucs game where our team exists to be the canvas onto which another highlight reel performance is painted. I’d be more annoyed but Cj Stroud is so loving cool to watch.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

His instincts are terrible.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
If the Bucs keep Bowles they have a chance at Caleb so maybe it's worth it.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Dennis Allen directly cost the Saints at least 7 points.

Didn't take the FG on 4th and 1 to make it a two-score game.

Took the holding call when the Saints made a 3rd down stop. Bears converted the 3rd and 12 and then scored a TD. The holding call didn't put them out of FG range if that's what you're thinking; it went from chip shot to still a chip shot.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Anyway just let the Saints coach themselves.

Demario Davis calls the defense.

Derek Ca...... Taysom Hill calls the offense.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Panthers didn't even have shenault active today and put another couple on IR early in the day.

Wtf is going on in that building.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
It's amazing that Tepper is a billionaire because disheveled hucksters keep robbing him of millions of dollars on his football team staff.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Tepper is trying to get the franchise moved

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Alaois posted:

Fire it into the loving sun at this point.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Id like to thank the NFC South for its continuing endeavors in excellence where collectively it can only squeeze out a win over the Bears

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Alaois posted:

This wouldn't shock me tbh

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Son Tu Sur Sur Carolina Panteras!

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

wandler20 posted:

If the Bucs keep Bowles they have a chance at Caleb so maybe it's worth it.

No chance. Y’all already have more wins than the Cardinals will get this year and the division will give you at least a couple more. Hell, y’all probably still win the division.

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow

Barudak posted:

Id like to thank the NFC South for its continuing endeavors in excellence where collectively it can only squeeze out a win over the Bears

this really is the fundamental summary of the division this week, isn't it? it's like when the list of coolest people comes out, and the tick is #1, and arthur is waaaaaaaaaaaaay down the list but still higher than dolph lungren. and tick's like "way to go, arthur! you totally kicked dolph's butt!"

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

At this point I'm just exhausted that the Saints offense is designed so well (usually) but playcalling is using strategies from a decade and a half ago.

No PA, establishing the run nonsense, runs on first and 10, runs on 2nd and 10, multiple games without motion, fade routes on key downs. Just poo poo that should get you fired.

It's not like the designs are immaculate, but that could be players looking slow to pick up the offense. It's been better the last few weeks but on paper there's no reason the Saints should have won today given the offense had two good drives and failed to score on a majority of 5 turnovers. Good job not throwing interceptions, I guess.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Just lol

https://twitter.com/gregauman/status/1721533315994247578?s=20

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

MJBuddy posted:

At this point I'm just exhausted that the Saints offense is designed so well (usually) but playcalling is using strategies from a decade and a half ago.

No PA, establishing the run nonsense, runs on first and 10, runs on 2nd and 10, multiple games without motion, fade routes on key downs. Just poo poo that should get you fired.

It's not like the designs are immaculate, but that could be players looking slow to pick up the offense. It's been better the last few weeks but on paper there's no reason the Saints should have won today given the offense had two good drives and failed to score on a majority of 5 turnovers. Good job not throwing interceptions, I guess.

derek carr has a top 5 deep ball and they hardly ever design plays that blow the top of a defense it sucks so much rear end

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Fire Bowles

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

MJBuddy posted:

15 years ago was the Sean Payton era and he wasn't pulling this rote play calling bullshit. Sure he was a little too loose with the challenge flags and got cute with the trick plays sometimes, but the Payton era is old enough to vote now.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

A.o.D. posted:

15 years ago was the Sean Payton era and he wasn't pulling this rote play calling bullshit. Sure he was a little too loose with the challenge flags and got cute with the trick plays sometimes, but the Payton era is old enough to vote now.

Yeah but that's a lot of why he was good, and he still ran fades. But also, running fades with Drew Brees' accuracy to Jimmy Graham/Colston/Michael Thomas is very different than Carr.

E: and a lot of those fades were because of mismatches they'd force, which was and is the real magic of Peyton's scheme. Just getting sproles against some slow MLB on a crossing route in man coverage type stuff.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I miss Pierre Thomas in the screen.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

A.o.D. posted:

Best screen RB ever.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Yeah, he was pure loving art. I don't remember any RB ever being basically mediocre for most of the job description but ungodly at one specific play.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

A.o.D. posted:

its so sad what happened to him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z_tUxghWeA

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Alaois posted:

Where to though, now that Vegas has a team? Salt Lake City?

edit: Maybe Oklahoma City, but I bet that's Cowboys territory.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Nov 7, 2023

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

CannonFodder posted:

Oklahoma City

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Alaois posted:

Oklahoma City
I leave to go make quick easy nachos and get wooshed. aww dang it

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

CannonFodder posted:

edit: Maybe Oklahoma City, but I bet that's Cowboys territory.

Not counting the inland empire, St. Louis and San Diego are the largest metro areas without teams so maybe they’ll eventually be the San Bernardino Panthers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
Tepper isn't playing 4D chess, he's just an idiot.