Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
Don't send Stan anywere.

Invite Sir Freddy to seal the alliance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jkq
Nov 26, 2022

sb hermit posted:

Invite Via Lyt since she could give us 150 soldiers, more than the other allies we haven’t met yet.

Seconding this.

And don't send Stan anywhere, let's see what new surprises crop up first.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!
Stan will return at the start of the next week.

We get a prompt if he will be gone for two weeks and I always make sure to give you a warning if this is the case.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Can we send for Friderick now or do we have to wait for the dragonslayer to return first? I voted assuming the latter.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!

Bregor posted:

Can we send for Friderick now or do we have to wait for the dragonslayer to return first? I voted assuming the latter.

I've just checked for myself in the game, we need to wait for him to return first. (Edit: He is currently listed as being "away" right now).

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Oct 21, 2023

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Apologies once again, this was another case of my focus not being entirely on the update itself. I should have waited until I had more time to go over things before hitting the post button. Even though my eldest daughter is back up in Scotland I still have my youngest with me for a few more days. I think it may be best to wait until Wednesday to do the next update when she is staying with her mother, that way I can concentrate on the next update.

I'll keep things open for another 48 hours just to make sure people have enough time to have their say in matters. I'll try to work things out in the next update like I did once before. These are the screenshots that I took for this week:

Map (Just to clarify again, Stan will only take 1 week to travel to these locations. Which means he will return at the beginning of the next week. I have stated on previous occasions each time that Stan will be away for longer but I feel it may be best to include the travel time for every location. Now that the stables are being built there will be more locations popping up on the map and some of those will take longer than a week. Which means that it would be handy to know all the available information to make planning easier.)

Kosano - Unknown. (1 week)

Luba - Unknown. (1 week)

Wolomy - Unknown. (1 week)

Allies

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

I've just checked for myself in the game, we need to wait for him to return first. (Edit: He is currently listed as being "away" right now).

Thanks! Sticking with my previous vote.

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
Knowing that these allies give us money, we've gotta get Via Lyt on our side.

It doesn't matter where; send Stan somewhere to keep the locals safe and check in on how they're doing.

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

sb hermit posted:

Invite Via Lyt

Kosano

Seconding this.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (29)Week Fifteen Summary

Thank you Bregor, that was most delicious! I can't help shaking off the feeling that I've forgotten something as this meeting seems a little shorter than usual. Not to worry, let's get on with it! What shall we do about this Noaksey fellow?

Slaan: My Lords and Ladies,

It is clear that Sir Frederick told no lie. This man is a braggart and liar. I doubt that he truly has access to that many men for us. Worse, he clearly has no noble bloodline! We must refuse Noaksey and follow noble Sir Frederick's plan!

Bregor: Hmph, Groffos the Great indeed! The great performer! I would just as soon send him to the theater or the dungeons before he gets anywhere near a battle! Put into motion Sir Friderick's plan and let us see how this plays out.

Black Robe: Siding with this Noaksey gets us some men and supplies, but siding with Sir Friderick brings in Lord Jovan as well and we get more in the end. Let us do as Sir Friderick suggests.

FoolyCharged: That man should be jailed for his(admittedly fictional) treatment of cute little dragon babies and taking such joy in their cries of despair. Alas, all we can do is enact the plan to discredit him utterly.

And then throw him in jail.

As for the other votes, we have a man begging for a pole and another man attempting to sell us access to his cock. We should toss them both out and tell them to satisfy each other, preferably in the brothel inn where we can take our cut as is proper.

jkq: Tell Noaksey about the "monster", if he's made up stories about the dragons and such, his troops might just be stories too.

BassMug: I for one lack a magic cock, but the “dragon-slayer” reeks of too-good-to-be-true-ness. Let’s proceed with sir Frederick’s plan to expose him as a liar.

Quackles: I'm in favor of Sir Frederick's plan. You never know. Maybe he'll catch a real monster in that forest.

Rogue AI Goddess: Tell the monster hunter about the monster. If he's the real deal, he should see through our test.

As much as I admire Noaksey for supporting us outright, it does make more sense to have two nobles on our side who have a bigger army combined. We are making allies to form an army, not to make new friends. Now on to more trivial matters, what shall we do about this beggar? I have made notes of FoolyCharged's comments.

jkq: Kick the beggar out again, and I suppose we'll see what story he comes up with next time. Maybe he's related to Noaksey?

Rogue AI Goddess: Toss a coin to the beggar. We are not so desperate for money (and if we were, we should've gotten into the dust trade).

Black Robe: Let us once again kick the drunk beggar out. If he ever shows up sober, perhaps we may be more sympathetic.

Slaan: This beggar dares to enter our King's throne room? Imprison the drunk bastard, or at least kick him out post haste.

Bregor: It's as the old saying goes, buy a man a fishing rod... and he will trade it for a bottle. Wait, that doesn't sound right. In any event, it is not His Grace's duty to provide for the town drunk. Send the commoner on his way.

TheDavies ... you are all fools. <resigns from council immediately>

BassMug: I suppose we can afford a single coin for alms… scorning the downtrodden is how you get cursed.

Quackles: As for the drunk guy... give him 7 gold to try and better himself, but if he comes back and asks for more money after this, give him a thrashing!

We shall send him on his way. I'll make sure to give Quackles a signal if he ever dares to show his face here again. What is the matter with TheDavies? Let us give them some time to cool down and hope that they return. For now though, let us deal with this business with the rooster and then we can end this meeting.

Quackles: Instead of buying what is admittedly a nice cock, howsabout we build the Stable instead? There's a lot of places we could get to, and maybe it'll stop taking Stan two weeks each time.

Rogue AI Goddess: Don't buy the magic lie-detecting cock. As the royal council, it is *our* job to tell truth from lies, and we should not outsource it to something straight out of Oglaf.

Finally, build a Stable so that we can have a Stable Economy.

DTurtle: Finally someone talking sense. I support Rogue AI Goddess' plans.

Black Robe: I support this too. Far be it for me to stand in the way of a good pun.

Slaan: Aye, build a stable as well, so my dear horses can finally rest away from the uncouth peasants

Yes, very well, I will make sure the stables are built but they will have to wait until the next week as we won't have the funds to build them this week. I will also put upgrades back on the agenda whether we can afford to build them or not. We were dealing with the merchant and his animal though.

Black Robe: As for the, uh, magical lie-detecting cock....? Well, I've seen stranger things. And we've spent money on stupider things. Haggle down to 16 gold and buy the thing, there's a small chance it actually works and if it doesn't we can always gift it to someone.

Bregor: My word, what a majestic cock! And how valuable a talent it has, especially when we need to ascertain who is deceiving His Grace! It may even help with the upcoming trial! Agree to purchase the splendid black cock for 18 gold and keep it close to the royal family! In fact, didn't Lady Cedani wish to have a friend for the STABBER? Oh, it's perfect!

jkq: Haggle the price down to 16 coins, in the worst case The STABBER gets a new friend.

Slaan: Pfft, I have never seen a cock so flagrantly hideous. It absolutely clashes with the decor of the throne room. The new tree is bad enough! Nay to the merchant

We shall buy this creature, but I will make sure to get a good deal on it first. 18 gold for a mangy old cock is preposterous! Is that everything? It still feels early but it seems like we are done here. Thank you all for coming, I shall see you all again next week!

Time for my bed! Mmm Bopeth bopeth bopeth, mmm bopeth.... OH BUGGER!

GUARDS! TELL EVERYONE TO GET BACK IN HERE!....... Is this everyone? drat! We will catch everyone up with matters next week. I apologise for this sudden recall, there were a couple of matters that I forgot to bring up in the meeting and they are decisions that we need to make tonight. I won't keep you much longer as you are already dressed for the road. I will forgo protocol in this instance as this issue was down to my own oversight. There is nowhere important for Stan to go this week so we can send him to one of the nearby villages. Let me pull out the map and you can decide which one we will send him to.

Kosano - Unknown.

Luba - Unknown.

Wolomy - Unknown.

sb hermit: Since Stan would probably be needed to staff the brothel later, maybe we can send him where the bandits may be hiding. Somewhere remote. Somewhere woody. Somewhere that starts with a K, short for Crafty. Kosano!

DTurtle: Seconding this.

Bregor: As for General Stan, send him to Luba. The short jaunt will give him plenty of leeway to return to Grevno quickly.

Kanthulu: Don't send Stan anywere.

jkq: Don't send Stan anywhere, let's see what new surprises crop up first.

NeoRonTheNeuron: It doesn't matter where; send Stan somewhere to keep the locals safe and check in on how they're doing.

We will send Stan to Kosano, don't worry though as he will return at the start of the next week. Now we need to decide who to invite to the Throne Room next week.

Allies

NeoRonTheNeuron: Knowing that these allies give us money, we've gotta get Via Lyt on our side.

Kanthulu: Invite Sir Freddy to seal the alliance.

sb hermit: Invite Via Lyt since she could give us 150 soldiers, more than the other allies we haven’t met yet.

Bregor: :hmmyes: I agree with my honorable fellow councilmember!

jkq: Seconding this.

DTurtle: Seconding this.

I will send an invite to Via Lyt right away. We should probably seal the deal with some of these alliances sooner rather than later though so we can benefit from their deals. But that is a matter for next week. Thank you again for your time!

Welcome back, Gentlemen! I have something to tell you, Dragonslayer. We have a problem with a monster.

Aha! So you do have your own monster, Your Grace!

Lichaj is the name.

Hmm... It's a small creature. Imagine a pig, but hairy, with long claws and horns. They can be dangerous, but for me it will be a piece of cake! You can expect my return shortly!

As for you, beggar, get out of here! I told you not to waste my time! Next time you come here... you'll end up in our Dungeons! I am not joking.

Of courshe, Your Grashe. I am out of here in no time!

I've decided that I'm going to buy this animal but I don't know if this thing will work... But my daughter would be quite happy with it.

Fine, Your Grace. Just make sure she doesn't lose it. Let me just set it all up...

All set! Take care, Your Grace!

Cedani's gonna love this. I should go and find her later.

Your Grace.

Come see me in the Throne Room. I have something to show you. You're going to love it!

Just let me finish feeding Stabber, Father. I'll come later.

Fine, Pumpkin, I'll wait for you in the Throne Room.

End of Week Fifteen!

Inventory

Archives

Radovian Bite

The Hero Everyone Needs

The Cult Of Trees

Gold For Boots

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I'm unable to build the stables next week as it will bankrupt the kingdom. I think that this week will be the final week for the loan payments. The royal wedding was week nine and next week will be sixteen. I'll build the stables as soon as we have enough funds to do so.

Edit: I have several days free so I'm going to aim to have another update up within the next couple of days.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

:golfclap:

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022

Verily, he is schmoovin!

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I said that I was going to have another update up soon but there may be a slight delay. Recent events have taken their toll on me more than I was realising and I'm taking a few days to decompress. I'm aiming to have something up early next week.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

No worries, self care comes first.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Things are pretty much back to normal, schools are back and routines are somewhat back in place again. I've started work on the next update and I'm hoping to have something up within the next couple of days. An update will happen on Thursday at the latest. I'm going to have to redo quite a number of gifs now that the sodding lovely tree is in the background.

I couldn't remember a thing about Via Lyt and now that I've met her again I understand her unusual name.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (30) A Receding Heir Line

I know we have some very pressing issues now, but... Considering last week's incident, perhaps we should think about securing an heir, Your Grace. Years are passing by, and none of us are getting any younger. If you don't have a rightful heir, Ivo will be next in line. He's not a bad person, but it's likely Davern would just become a part of... Atana.

Rest assured, Aurelea and I are working on an heir. At this age it's not so easy any more.

Of course, three daughters is already plenty, Your Grace.

Let me worry about this once we have dealt with Radovia.

Your Grace, I ran into a small bandit camp. They were keeping a merchant captive. I have helped him out and in return he gave me 11 gold.

Yer Grace! I hear y'all fight with the beast-faced!

We are preparing for the battle with Radovia. You heard well.

The name's Via Lyt. My elders 'ave fought with the beasts many years before me! I 'eard they brough' some Radovian dog here, to yer castle! They say ya keep 'im in the Dungeon! I want to 'elp yeh with those nasty beasts. I'll give men and resources. 3 gold and 150 army. In exchange for the red dog. No dog, no army. I cannot make it any simpler.

Why would yeh need 'im? Ahem... him.

I'll teach 'im a less'n, is all. I reckon we should make an example out of 'im. Show his dog-brothers what 'appens to those who step a little too far. That will keep 'em at bay.

I have found this animal tooth in my Wine Cellar, can you tell me anything about it?

Huuuu, tha's one bit of a tooth! T'is beautiful is all I can tell you, Yar Grace! I'm sorry I'm no' much help.

I have also found a letter... The letter was on very finely decorated parchment. Do you know where it could have come from?

Lemme think... T'is not from my lands, Yar Grace. It ain't signed? That's strange... Strange and ruude!

I will consider what you have said and speak to my advisor. We have a room prepared if you would be courteous enough to stay and await my decision. I will summon you as soon as I have an answer for you.

Your Grace, I come from the tavern. Like I said before... People are only visiting for the girls! Although my sales have gone through the roof, I've got to say... It attracts customers! But the panders essentially took over my tavern! And they cause all sorts of trouble... as you can imagine, Your Grace. Almost every week, I have to deal with these disrespectful, violent men... I'm scared they will soon take over the tavern completely and leave me with nothing. On the other hand, if I kick them out, they will just relocate to another pub. I'll lose all my customers and will have to close down...

We currently don't have the funds to give you right now. Please wait in the lobby, I need to speak to my advisor to see if our General will be available this week.

Your Grace, our village was on fire last week and you helped us. We have found assistance just in time! The chapel started to catch fire, but we managed to save it. I just wanted to bring the greatest of blessings to you, Your Grace. We are forever in your debt.

COOCKA!

I'm happy to hear this. I hope the rest of the village is restored soon.

We're working on it, Your Grace. Thank you again.

Father, I was wondering if we could practice the sword fighting again? Perhaps later in the Gardens? You said we could do this again, Father.

Very well, I had better keep to my promise then. Go on, you can warm up without me, I will catch up with you in just a bit.

Great! I will see you in the Gardens!

Off she goes... I had better check up on her.

A rooster?!

COOCKA!

He's black! Oh gosh!! You are the bestest Father in the world!

COOCKA!

Oh, boy! You are so beautiful! The Stabber's going to adore you! Thank you, Your Grace!

Take good care of him, Pumpkin!

I love you, Father!

Oh, bless her.

Yes, Father?

I see you already found someone to practice with!

Well, I'm not going to wait for you all day, am I?

I haven't seen you before, who are you?

This is Maya. Remember when... I sneaked out to the wedding party?

The one you were not supposed to go to?

Well, yes... Anyway, that's when I met Maya. We had fun at the wedding, I thought it would be nice if she came to visit.

Your Grace.

You're good witht he sword. Who taught you to fight like this, Maya?

My father is a swordsman! He showed me a few tricks!

And he lets you play with swords?

Maya says you need to be ready when the enemy strikes. And you never know when they will strike! Ha!

That's what my father says.

I can't quite place your accent. You're not from around here, are you?

Um... My parents are from Berravia. We're passing by and stopped in the capital for a couple of weeks.

That's awfully far from here... Where are you parents now?

They have business in the market. They let me venture around.

Yes! They're travelling merchants... sort of. Maya was showing me some fancy sword tricks she learned on their journeys!

Interesting, a tradesman who knows how to fight? I would love to meet your parents one day. Tell them they have my invitation.

Thank you, Your Grace. I will pass on the invitation, they'll surely be happy to visit.

My pleasure. Looking at you two, I think I know why Cedani wants to... stab people... Is there any chance that you talked her into it?

Oh! So you've heard about THE STABBER! Don't look at me, Cedani came up with the name.

Cedani really wanted to practice with us, but to talk her out of it, we had to come up with something else she could do.

You should be happy she's not running around with a real sword, Father!

I will head off now. Just don't come screaming if you cut your fingers off!

Thank you, Father. We won't!

Thank you for letting me visit, Your Grace.

Your Grace.

Did you turn Stabber into a prince yet?

No... not yet, Your Grace. He loves his rooster, I think... Although he doesn't really want to ride it... I think I need to make Stabber help me in some way, so I owe him a promise... I know what I can do! Send him on a mission!

Just don't do anything silly, Pumpkin. And don't hurt yourself!

Yes, Your Grace.

I will see you later, Pumpkin.

Council Meeting

Good evening Gentlepeople! I would like to start this meeting off with an apology. I was somewhat distracted during our last meeting and forgot to discuss a couple of issues. I did manage to catch a few people after the meeting was concluded and decisions were made, but I apologise for not discussing this with the whole group initially.

One of the issues that I forgot to bring up during the meeting was the topic of where we should have sent Stan. After a short vote the decision was made to send him to Kosano. This turned out to be an excellent decision as the General rescued a merchant from a bandit camp, who generously gave him 11 gold in return for freeing him from his captors. We now need to work out where to send him next, which brings up an issue that we delayed once but cannot delay any further.

The situation involving the inn cannot wait any longer. We cannot afford to hire people to remove the new... entrepreneurs and their clientele from the establishment, even with Stan's boost to the treasury. We can send Stan in to restore order, which will stabilise the business but it will certainly lose the current customer base that it has established. It all also mean that Stan will be gone for two weeks The only other option is to do nothing and hope that the owner retains control and shares the new profits, although there is a good chance that we could lose control of the business completely.

If we decide to keep Stan here we can send him to another village. Right now there are only two villages nearby but that will change next week once the Stables have been built. Unless there has been a change of mind. I will keep the option for upgrades open if anyone has any opinions on the matter.

Luba and Wolomy will only take Stan one week to travel to and we don't know what we will find at either location. I'll leave the matter of where to send Stan in your capable hands.

The visit from Via Lyt was very enlightening and she is open to forming an alliance with us. She is offering us 150 soldiers and 3 gold in exchange for our Radovian prisoner. It's almost certain that she is going to torture him and make an example of him. I'll let your consciences decide on this matter. Should we hand over the prisoner or spare his life and refuse the offer?

Allies

I will leave it up to you to decide on who to invite next week.

Lena - We have yet to give her an answer in regard to her proposal of marriage between her son and Asalia.

Etton - We have yet to confront him over his business with the Oracle Dust.

Lurs - We need to inform him of our success with taking down Etton's dust operation and also to secure his allegiance.

We have yet to contact Masha and Grego but they would be worth contacting soon so we can strike a deal with them.

There is one last item on the agenda. It seems like Asalia has invited a new friend to the castle, a young person from the land of Berravia. I have informed my guards to keep a closer eye on the situation as the pair were practising sword fighting in the gardens. I believe that I have covered everything.

Petitioners, check. Stan, check. Visit from Via Lyt, check. Buy new underwear, check. Pigeon, check. Upgrades, check.

Let's break for some lunch, I believe that it's Quackles turn this week.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Nov 1, 2023

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Yes, yes Send Stan to restore order. It will be a shame to lose my favorite... seamstresses' guildhall, but having a good drink house less tainted by the common ruffians is worth it.

And I care not for the fate of the prisoner. Send him away for torture, at least he won't be fed on my tax gold anymore

And what is the meaning of the missing fowl? It was a bad purchase, to be sure, but it was for the King's guidance, not for his daughter's menagerie! Bring it back at once!

Oh, and have Lurs over for tea so we can have his support and so I can fleece him again at the dice table

jkq
Nov 26, 2022
Send Stan to visit restore order at the Inn.

Invite Lurs, so that we can let him know about the Dust situation.

Hand over the prisoner, we need more allies and troops.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

It is lovely to see the princesses happy in the castle! I'm sure nothing could go wrong with a complete stranger brandishing a blade at one of them! Audry, stick close to that one...

Hand the prisoner over to Via Lyt. He serves no purpose snarling at us from his cage, and the gold and men would do well in our service. I will simply hope that Via Lyt is not too violent... Via Lyt... vio-lent... feh, merely a coincidence!

Send Stan to a nearby village, preferably Luba. His last expedition was well worth his trouble, and he's already back and ready for another assignment. When the stables are complete, I suggest sending Stan on many of these errands for His Grace.

A pity, but the tavern master will need to survive on his own for a bit longer. We desperately need another general.

And finally, why was our splendid black cock cuckooing at the victim of a fire? Why would he lie in that situation? Perhaps our fowl just like the fellow's pompadour?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Let's break for some lunch, I believe that it's Quackles turn this week.

Like my namesake, I will duck the responsibility. :v:

Let's Hand the man over and send out Stan to the tavern.

We can also invite Lurs and tell him about the Dust.

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
Tabling the tavern issue bought us 2 weeks, but it is time to decide. To save or not to save? That is the question.
After completing the calculations, Stan should save the tavern.

The Radovian prisoner should be handed over to Via Lyt. We have not gained any intel or ransom, so this is the best deal we'll get.

Your Grace, we must invite Masha. She is critical to our army's growth. If we fail to do this, we may be forced to marry Asalia off to Lady Lena's son, and we should be wary of the curse!

---------

Tavern Calculations

What are Stan's payment mechanics? It seems like he costs 9g, but only sometimes. I don't have a good sense of when we'll have to pay him.
IIRC, others in the thread have said he basically has to be paid if he's in-town.

Week 13 paid --> To Kaski --> Week 14 paid --> To Kosano --> Week 15 paying

So if visiting a place like Kosano only got us 2g net, then I think we can afford to send him away to settle the tavern matter.

Over the next two weeks:
- Sending Stan to solve the tavern means -9g and ensures our steady 3g/week income.
- Sending Stan to other towns means an estimated +4g (or other info) and risks our 3g/week income.

Sadly, the balance is in favor of saving the tavern.

--------

Army calculations

Based on the Week 14 vote details, we are supposed to reach 1000 armies in 14 weeks.

We are on track to ally with:
- Jovan (5, 0, 120)
- Lurs (0, 6, 200)
- Sir Friderick (4, 2, 80)
- Via Lyt (3, 0, 150)
- Ada (0, 1, 60)

The total is: 610 army

We started with 100 army.
The Training Grounds (35g for 10 army/week was built in week 10, so we'll get about 180 soldiers out of it.

That means we're poised to have about 890 army and only need to secure 110 more.

Noaksey (0, 5, 180) will not be a permanent ally because we're going to prove that he's a liar.
Etton (6, 0, 230) is out since we disrupted the dust trade.
Lena (4, 5, 300) is out too since we aren't giving up Asalia.

Only Masha (1, 3, 130) and Grego (0, 3, 80) remain, and We need Masha since Grego won't be enough alone.

There could be events or village visits that recruit extra army, but we can't rely on those.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Bregor posted:

Hand the prisoner over to Via Lyt. He serves no purpose snarling at us from his cage, and the gold and men would do well in our service. I will simply hope that Via Lyt is not too violent... Via Lyt... vio-lent... feh, merely a coincidence!

Send Stan to a nearby village, preferably Luba. His last expedition was well worth his trouble, and he's already back and ready for another assignment. When the stables are complete, I suggest sending Stan on many of these errands for His Grace.

A pity, but the tavern master will need to survive on his own for a bit longer. We desperately need another general.

I support these suggestions.

I'm not sure why we would have to send Stan, specifically, to the tavern. A couple of burly soldiers on guard ought to have the same effect and I'm sure we could spare one or two. Ah well.

Invite Masha, let's hope they want something quick to achieve since time is pressing.

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

Black Robe posted:

Invite Masha, let's hope they want something quick to achieve since time is pressing.

Bregor posted:

These people speak sense. I support their votes.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

We really do need to start getting some alliances locked down. We do need the soldiers but the extra weekly resources will be very helpful.

There have been several times when I wanted to break the impartiality and give hints. The only time that I've intervened is with the stables but that's because building it at the time would have bankrupted us. I think that we are doing alright with this playthrough though. I would like to see this LP through to a natural conclusion no matter if it's a good ending or a bad one.

Unless people really do want a good ending, which means I will try to steer things towards it without being too blunt about it.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Let the chips fall where they may IMO, chaos ending go :doit:

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
It's a pretty blind playthrough for us, so failure is fine. IMO, the way the wedding dress votes were taken (raw count vs sliding scale) implied that you were also onboard with failing. :D

As far as I can tell, the weekly resources for Lurs aren't that great. We have to pay supply maintenance cost for the extra armies, so there's not much benefit to getting him now.

Noaksey's temporary contribution has nearly canceled itself out (he gives supplies and armies that eat through those supplies).

We would like Sir Friderick and Johan for their gold, but they aren't worth speaking to yet since Noaksey hasn't come back.

Which is why Masha seems like a fine choice to invite this week.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Via Lyt seems like someone we would like on our side so let’s turn the prisoner over to her custody for safekeeping.

Invite Masha to see how we can aid her in order to secure her assistance.

Send Stan to the tavern to show how things should really be run around here. We don’t call him General ”seven inch” Stan for nothing

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)

sb hermit posted:

Via Lyt seems like someone we would like on our side so let’s turn the prisoner over to her custody for safekeeping.

Invite Masha to see how we can aid her in order to secure her assistance.

Send Stan to the tavern to show how things should really be run around here. We don’t call him General ”seven inch” Stan for nothing

All of these sound good to me!

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

The voting ended a few days ago but I've been away for a couple of nights. I believe that these are the final numbers:

Stan\Tavern
Tavern - 6
Luba - 3

Via Lyt
Hand Over Prisoner - 9

Invite
Lurs - 3
Masha - 5

Bregor posted:

And finally, why was our splendid black cock cuckooing at the victim of a fire? Why would he lie in that situation? Perhaps our fowl just like the fellow's pompadour?

The cock was definitely crowing when they said that they were in our debt. We should probably remember that if they ever return to us to ask for another favour.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Nov 5, 2023

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I had to make a slight adjustment as I counted NeoRonTheNeuron's two posts twice as two separate votes for Masha. Not that it makes any different as the invite for her is still going ahead.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (31)Week Sixteen Summary

Welcome back! I must apologise for the lack of lunch. I shouldn't have thought that Quackles was serious when they said that they were "ducking the responsibility" of providing lunch. Not to worry though, I order from the local restaurant McIntyre's and have sent the bill to Quackle's accountant. Feel free to tuck in while we discuss this week's issues. Should we send Stan to this tavern or not?

Slaan: Yes, yes Send Stan to restore order. It will be a shame to lose my favorite... seamstresses' guildhall, but having a good drink house less tainted by the common ruffians is worth it.

jkq: Send Stan to visit restore order at the Inn.

Bregor: Send Stan to a nearby village, preferably Luba. His last expedition was well worth his trouble, and he's already back and ready for another assignment. When the stables are complete, I suggest sending Stan on many of these errands for His Grace.

Quackles: Send out Stan to the tavern.

NeoRonTheNeuron: Tabling the tavern issue bought us 2 weeks, but it is time to decide. To save or not to save? That is the question. After completing the calculations, Stan should save the tavern.

Black Robe: I'm not sure why we would have to send Stan, specifically, to the tavern. A couple of burly soldiers on guard ought to have the same effect and I'm sure we could spare one or two. Ah well.

sb hermit: Send Stan to the tavern to show how things should really be run around here. We don’t call him General ”seven inch” Stan for nothing.

I thought that nickname had something to do with his sword. Or his sheath? Or was it... Ahem, anyway... We shall send Stan to the tavern to restore order right away! Let's discuss what to do about this prisoner. I don't enjoy the thought of someone being tortured to death but we need an army to defend ourselves against his people. We have already seen the damage that a small number of their people have done to several of our villages.

sb hermit: Via Lyt seems like someone we would like on our side so let’s turn the prisoner over to her custody for safekeeping.

NeoRonTheNeuron: The Radovian prisoner should be handed over to Via Lyt. We have not gained any intel or ransom, so this is the best deal we'll get.

Quackles: Let's Hand the man over.

Bregor: Hand the prisoner over to Via Lyt. He serves no purpose snarling at us from his cage, and the gold and men would do well in our service. I will simply hope that Via Lyt is not too violent... Via Lyt... vio-lent... feh, merely a coincidence!

jkq: Hand over the prisoner, we need more allies and troops.

Slaan: I care not for the fate of the prisoner. Send him away for torture, at least he won't be fed on my tax gold anymore

I will inform the King as soon as this meeting is over. I told him about the food order and he threw me a coin for a Huge Mic meal. All that we need to decide now is who to invite next week.

NeoRonTheNeuron: Your Grace, we must invite Masha. She is critical to our army's growth. If we fail to do this, we may be forced to marry Asalia off to Lady Lena's son, and we should be wary of the curse!

jkq: Invite Lurs, so that we can let him know about the Dust situation.

sb hermit: Invite Masha to see how we can aid her in order to secure her assistance.

Slaan: have Lurs over for tea so we can have his support and so I can fleece him again at the dice table

Black Robe: Invite Masha, let's hope they want something quick to achieve since time is pressing.

Lovely! Thank you all for your time, I shall see you all again next week.

I hope that our servants have been treating you well, Via Lyt. You can take the Radovian. Do as you please, but you can spare me the details.

Fantastic! I'll take it slow, make sure 'e knows I'm there. O', one more thing, Yer Grace! My deal is off the table if you ever 'elp any o' these dogs. Make no mistake 'bout that!

That would be all for now.

Ay, Yer Grace.

As for you and your tavern, I'll send a General. He will make sure they don't bother you anymore.

Thank you, Your Grace. Your Grace, you shouldn't expect your share of the income for some time... I'm expecting the income to drop significantly.

End of Week Sixteen!

Inventory

Archives

A Lingering Resentment

Tavern Business

Asalia

Cedani

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Nov 6, 2023

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012

quote:

Your Grace, you shouldn't expect your share of the income for some time... I'm expecting the income to drop significantly.

Oof, I'd like to take Stan back from this guy. :D

jkq
Nov 26, 2022

jkq: Send Stan to visit restore order at the Inn.

Small typo: you lost the strikethrough I put through "visit". You can just remove the word if that works out better for the narrative.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

So basically he was always planning to open a den of sin, and what actually happened is his business partners muscled him out.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (32) Our Deerest Friends

This letter has no seal. What do you think of this, Audry?

Whoever sent this letter must have gone to great lengths to pay a scribe to write it!

This must be important. We'd better send a General to these woods to see what the matter is.

I have marked this location on the map for you, Your Grace.

Jonas, that buffoon with the stupid red gloves... "Lend me some gold, and I will pay you back in a week", he said... I will break his legs if I see him... Your Grace. I lent this fellow 28 gold. He said he would pay me back with interest.

I know the type...

Now I hear he's off to Caladur, the other end of the world! Probably enjoying hot sunshine and Caladese brothels. Meanwhile, I'm stuck here, in this rathole, with no wages to pay my men. I've got until this evening to pay them, otherwise they'll leave. Where the hell will I find a new crew then?! I need this money for only two weeks. I should be able to make it up to you after that.

So you want gold... I don't have this kind of money to spare... Besides, if I lend you the money, I'll probably end up the sam way you have. I hope you find this fellow!

In that case... I'm sorry to bother you, Your Grace. I guess not everyone is as naive as I was... Gods. Jonas made a real fool out of me.

Your Grace! There's no trace of Lichaj in the forests... So I thought! As clever as I am, I know where to look for their lairs. In old tree trunks! Here, take this bloody horn as proof of my courageous deed!

Ha! You couldn't have defeated the beast, as there was no monster in the forest! You fell for our ruse! All your tales are lies, just like this one!

What?! ME a liar? No way! I brought the proof, didn't I, Your Grace?

It could as well be deer? This horn doesn't exactly strike me as coming from a monster.

What else, Your Grace? Lichaj is just like any other animal. It has horns, it bleeds. Surely, you weren't expecting the horns to glow?

The dragon tale isn't exactly original, is it? Sir Friderick says you re-tell the story, just changing a few details each time.

Very well... The cat is out of the bag. At least I don't have to put on the show any more. It can be very tiring at times, if I'm perfectly honest. People want to see this amazing knight... This... Dragonslayer. So I show them what they want to see. Lichaj? And the proof? A stag. At least my stories don't hurt anyone... and I don't have a drinking problem

If you have something to say, say it to my face!

I hear the wind is spreading. Problems with rum. Wife walking around with a black eye.

You don't believe him, do you, Your Grace? He's a liar, he's making all this up!

You used to be recognized around the courtyards, but the memory is fading.

That's it! Draw your sword. Let's see if you're more than just a trickster!

I won't have any blood spilled in this chamber!

He wouldn't match my skill anyway.

In your current state, you would probably stab yourself. Your Grace... of course it's just a hoax, but it doesn't matter. The message is what's important, the story warms people's hearts. It gives hope for better tomorrow. People always think they see basilisks, leeshens, strigas, while it's usually a fox, stray dog or a cat even! If I bring them a boar skin, or deer horn and tell them it was the monster, they sleep better at night. They can get back to work, feeling safe. And if I make extra gold on the side, so what? Aren't we all frauds? Kings, for example... People always come to see the King, because he knows everything. They expect you to give wise advice. They will put the greatest trust in your words. But answer yourself, do you always know what to do?

Not even scholars always know what thy are doing.

Correct! There's only so much we can learn from manuscripts. The rest is just... guessing.

Your Grace, we surely can't let him spread more lies. I won't allow this! If you let Noaksey join your banner, then I won't stand by your side.

Oh, I won't join if he joins... With his intemperance, I won't stand next to him during battle. In all turmoil, he could even stab me and no one would even know!

Jovam a good guy. He trains with me. I will make sure to send my recommendation, don't forget that!

ENOUGH! My servants will take you both to two separate quarters until you calm down. I will summon you both back in when I'm ready to speak to you again.

Your Grace, I wanted to see you about my missing potatoes - someone must have stolen them, and I think I know who it was! But they say "only one request per visit" and it seems like I have a much bigger problem now! I come from afar, and by the time I arrived I was very tired. I... wanted to get some rest and I sat on one of the fine chairs in the hall. I know I shouldn't have, but the gods have punished me already! I have sat down on some living pincushion, it would seem! It squeaked and I jumped up right away! When I stood up, my... my bottom was all covered in spikes! And not only that, but I feel very ill, weak even. I feat the chair creature has poisoned me! What can I do?

The Stabber...

THE STABBER? Oh no! It sounds very serious!

I'm not sure what we can do here...

I think I might have something that will help. Name's Alena, Your Grace. I know about brewing potions, I can help with magical anomalies, diseases... I dabble in wound healing, also.

A Witch?

Ay, some may call me that, although I prefer to see myself just as a well-read woman. At your service.

We could definitely use someone like this to help out our people, Your Grace. They would be a great addition to our roster of agents.

Can you help this man?

Yes, I think I can help this poor soul. I will make him an ointment to help with the swelling.

What do you hope to gain from this?

Ah, of course. There's always something people want in return, right? I'm a simple woman. All I need is a roof over my head, and something to eat. In return, I am willing to lend your kingdom my aid in any supernatural problems. I just want to help people.

Thank you! Welcome to our castle in that case.

It's my honor, Your Grace. I will also be able to help during the battle, if you need me.

Cedani won't be happy about The Stabber. I'd better let her know.

I'll see if you have any useful books in the Council Chamber, Your Grace.

You will be able to see the expenses for the Witch in the weekly summary, Your Grace. We can just pay her whenever we need her.

That's great!

Your Grace! Pendle, our village, has been raided! They were men dressed in red and black, with a beast's head pierced by a spear on their banners.

That's a Radovian army for certain, Your Grace. This means they are getting closer to us. Or perhaps they're just teasing us?

Teasing?! People being killed, maimed and enslaved is "just teasing"? Your Grace... it didn't look like an entire battalion. It must have been just a small squad. Send us your men! We can fight back!

You're clearly emotional, but we have to look at the bigger picture here. If we fight them off, they will certainly get angry, and fight back with more force. We don't want to start the battle early...

And tolerating their attacks may encourage them to carry out more! Your Grace! You have to do something about this! We can't just let them trample our lands!

I will ponder what you have both said. Please wait in the lobby until I have made a decision.

Your Grace, we hear of the upcoming battle. That's a perfect time for us to gain some coin, and an opportunity for you to get some help. We're mercenaries, 22 skilled men at your disposal, for only 16 gold. What do you say?

I need to discuss this with my advisor before I make a decision. Please wait in the hall and enjoy some refreshments, I will call you back in once I have an answer for you.

Your Grace.

Cedani, your hedgehog passed away...

The STABBER? Oh no! This is all my fault! I shouldn't have sent him on the mission! I knew he wasn't ready! Tell me... Did he complete his mission, at least? His final quest?

Mission?! What mission?! Cedani, did you send a hedgehog on a mission?

Yes! An undercover mission! He was meant to scout the area, retrieve information and return to me. This way, if he helped me, I would owe him a promise, like in the story, Father.

You can't send hedgehogs on missions. They can hardly follow any instructions...

That's why they're good! No one suspects a hedgehog! How else was he supposed to help me?

Please don't send any more hedgehogs on missions. The last one stabbed a peasant and I had to deal with it.

But I was so close to turning him into a prince! Now Lorsulia will never come back... Well, I suppose you're right. Forgive me, Your Grace. Nothing is as elegant, as fearless as a cat... As Dusty... Next time I will find a fiercer agent! I will train him, he will be AT MY COMMAND! THE STABBER's efforts were not in vain!

Oh Cedani, my Pumpkin...

Council Meeting

Ahoy! Welcome, welcome! Let's start this off with bringing you some good news, we finally have a new agent. I have spoken to the King about hiring someone new each and every week but was always dismissed with there being no time and resources to find someone. Fortune smiled on us today as our new agent found us! I would like you all to meet Alena.

Hello. It's nice to meet you all.

Please tell the Council members about yourself.

As Audry has told you all, my name is Alena and I am a Witch. I can see by the look on some of your faces that there is some concern but fear not, we work to heal others and not cause harm like some people may have led you to believe. I can use my powers to cure others and to deal with anything involving the supernatural. All for a low, low, price of 11G a week.

Thank you, Alena! Let's begin the discussion of Alena's first mission. The stables have been built, which means that we have access to some new locations. We received a mysterious letter today which gave us the location of a Hidden Hut, we should probably send someone there as soon as possible.

Map

I have commissioned an artist to draw two new maps to fit in all of the new locations that we are now able to reach. Each location on the map will take only one week to reach. The only location of interest that we have right now is the Hidden Hut. Where shall we send Alena?

Davern (North)

Davern (South)

Now for the bad news. Our meeting with Masha went rather badly, she wanted 28G from us and we couldn't afford to give her the money even if we had it. Needless to say she walked out and has no interest in dealing with us any further. There may be another opportunity to get her on our side though. The reason why Masha was asking for money was because she was scammed by a man named Jonas who wore red gloves. If we were to catch him and then hand him over to Masha then maybe she would change her mind. We shall see.

I also have news on the situation involving Noaksey and Sir Friderick. The "Dragonslayer" returned from his mission and threw a deer head at the King's feet, claiming that he had caught the Lichaj. It turns out that Sir Friderick was right all along, Noaksey is a liar and has been using people's naivety for his own profit. We have examined the deer head more closely and it is one of the King's own stags. The King was so incensed her nearly threw Noaksey out there and then but he calmed down and changed his mind. I have spoken to the King and even though he had made his decision, I managed to calm him down and convince him that we really should let the council discuss the issue first. Should we side with Noaksey? Even though he has lied about his exploits he still has given us soldiers and resources with no strings attached. Or should we side with Sir Friderick?. Noaksey brought up rumours about Sir Friderick being an alcoholic and also about spousal abuse, but this is something we have not heard before and brought up in the heat of the moment.

I'm afraid to say that the bad news keeps coming. Another village has been attacked by Radovian forces. Stan is still dealing with the tavern so he is currently unavailable. Our only options right now is to give them 18 supplies to help them out or to give them nothing at all. We do have supplies to spare right now but we also have a battle to prepare for and they may come in handy later on.

The last petitioner of the day was from a mercenary leader who was offering us 22 soldiers in return for 16 gold. We need all the help we can get right now but we also do not have a healthy supply of gold in the treasury. Should we accept their offer or should we tell them to come back in two weeks time?.

Allies

Our last order of business is deciding on who to invite to court next week.

Lena - We can invite her back to tell her about our decision. Although we may want to hold off on that decision just yet as if we can't secure troops by other means we may become desperate enough to take her up on her offer.

Etton - We can confront him about his Oracle dust trade. Or maybe there might be a way to salvage this and secure an alliance?

Lurs - We can invite him back to hand over the evidence that we have gathered and to secure an alliance.

Grego - We still have yet to meet them to find out their terms for an alliance.

The meeting is adjourned for now. I'm going to give Alena a tour of the castle, you are all welcome to join us and to get to know our new friend and ally.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Apr 18, 2024

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
Since we've paid off the loan, are we able to get a new one to help pay Masha? Or do we have to specifically spend an invite on the banker?

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

NeoRonTheNeuron posted:

Since we've paid off the loan, are we able to get a new one to help pay Masha? Or do we have to specifically spend an invite on the banker?

Even if we did have the money we've lost the option to loan her anything as she needed the money there and then. I've already tested it by sending an invite to her for week 18 and the only dialogue option available was "Goodbye"

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

...Slaan, did you hire someone to assassinate THE STABBER?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Black Robe posted:

...Slaan, did you hire someone to assassinate THE STABBER?

Forget our murdered king friend! This most vile matter must be investigated immediately! Recall Stan and send him to investigate Councilman Slaan's holdings immediately!

Send our new friend to investigate the hut as we were advised. After all, it's not like anonymous senders of mysterious could possibly lie to us.

Also, we should side with Sir Frederick. The accusations come from a liar and a conman, and they only come after said liar was put with his back against the wall. Perhaps he will sell tickets to the duel.

Send the supplies to the Villiage. It's the best we've got

Tell the mercenaries to come back in a few weeks. We don't need their services immediately, and this buys us time to see all of our options before deciding.

FoolyCharged fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Nov 9, 2023