Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

MrMojok posted:

Ask your friend in the leper’s colony over there.

it's a retirement community!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Where'd you get that post, the post museum?

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME
Motherfuckin' Goddamn permabanned account

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
When I came into the thread one morning, there you were with your post half in the toilet, your post was permabanned. Disgusting

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Teddy Roosevelt once gave an entire speech while he was permabanned. Some things are just a matter of duty.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

FUCKIN MODS!

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

You add up all your ironic racial slurs and multiply that number by 50. Then you add up all your ironic misogyny and multiply that by 25. You add that together and that's your probation. I figure I'm gonna have to do 6,000 hours before I get to rereg

(i have no idea what this poster got banned for dont @ me)

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

In my thoughts, I used a technique of positive visualization. How come I always feel permabanned?

MyLightyear
Jul 2, 2006
A blindness that touches perfection,
But hurts just like anything else.
These posts. Listen to yourself, you sound demented!

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Sometimes I go about in pity for myself, and all the while, a great thread carries me across the sky

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
He was banned, Gary Coopah?

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

There was no abundant intentionality in that permaban.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
The things I saw... Jeffrey of YOSPOS is a bus driver. Or he is the bus. Anyways he bans us and goes on his way... meanwhile we keep trying to get back on the bus

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i came in to post one morning, there you were with your account permabanned. your username was in the lepers colony. disgusting.

GolfHole fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Nov 6, 2023

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

We're soldiers. Soldiers don’t get permabanned. It’s war. Soldiers shitpost other soldiers.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
This is the best scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLnmagiYVIk&t=59s

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
You're supposed to push Mangosteen! Mangosteen is our pick of the week.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

You're supposed to push Mangosteen! Mangosteen is our pick of the week.

Anyone else got a problem with Webistic?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The Carmela-Furio thing is so pathetic. Get ahold of yourselves you two

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Both Carmela and Furio were victims of Tony’s selfishness and neglect. There’s a scene where Tony catches Furio tearing up quietly about his recently (like a week ago) deceased father. He’s disgusted and tells him he needs to get over it. Very next scene is him sobbing about Pie O My in Melfi’s office.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Both Carmela and Furio were victims of Tony’s selfishness and neglect. There’s a scene where Tony catches Furio tearing up quietly about his recently (like a week ago) deceased father. He’s disgusted and tells him he needs to get over it. Very next scene is him sobbing about Pie O My in Melfi’s office.

Legitimately one of the funniest hard cuts on the show.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

They both DO get ahold of themselves too, so I'm being mean. Furio splits for Italy after almost killing Tony, and Carmela leaves Tony shortly after. They both seem to realize how loving sad their whole thing was and how much of it was them being depressed over letting Tony control their lives.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

We buried Lowtax on a hill...overlooking a river...with little goldbelly pies all around

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

furio should have just shoved tony into that helicopter

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

ulvir posted:

furio should have just shoved tony into that helicopter

the amount of undigested gabagool splattered all across the helipad, traumatizing

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Eau de MacGowan posted:

the amount of undigested gabagool splattered all across the helipad, traumatizing

What? No loving ziti now?

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Monsignor Jughead was here?

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

We buried Lowtax on a hill...overlooking a river...with little goldbelly pies all around

Oh. Please, give him my regards. Is he still on that crazy diet?? :newlol:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I like the Kevin Finnerty stuff more with each rewatch. It's just fun watching James Gandolfini play someone so different (Edie Falco also sounds totally different in her phone conversations). Good stuff with all the hospital parts and confirming Carmela's frequent fears that she'll be immediately left out in the cold if something happens to Tony too.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

PostNouveau posted:

I like the Kevin Finnerty stuff more with each rewatch. It's just fun watching James Gandolfini play someone so different (Edie Falco also sounds totally different in her phone conversations). Good stuff with all the hospital parts and confirming Carmela's frequent fears that she'll be immediately left out in the cold if something happens to Tony too.
I think the coma stuff just goes on too long. It's not bad in theory, but it's like 3 episodes.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
kevin finnerty arc is my favorite part of the whole show. everything about it

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Any time someone's dreaming in Sopranos is a good time

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

PostNouveau posted:

I think it was confirmed at some point that the voice is not Edie Falco, I think as a speaking only voice it didn't have to be credited? I also love the coma dream; Costa Mesa seems like a very nice, peaceful place.

Gaius Marius posted:

They really do a great job of capturing the way things both do and don't make sense while you're dreaming

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Dokapon Findom posted:

I think it was confirmed at some point that the voice is not Edie Falco, I think as a speaking only voice it didn't have to be credited? I also love the coma dream; Costa Mesa seems like a very nice, peaceful place.

Ohhhh, the subtitles say Carmela, so I thought it was her.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gaius Marius posted:

Ton? These guys next to me? They're sleepin.'

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Dokapon Findom posted:

Yes, it was confirmed that it's not Edie Falco and they never revealed who it is. The voice even seems to change between the two coma episodes. One of them really sounds like Charmaine to me.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

FlamingLiberal posted:

I think the coma stuff just goes on too long. It's not bad in theory, but it's like 3 episodes.

2 episodes. He spends a 3rd one in the hospital after he gets out of the coma where he meets a Buddhist and a rapper.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
And Aaron visits!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

And Aaron visits!

I saw a video essay about how the whole of Season 6 tells you all the ways Tony's life could continue or end, so it's not really necessary to get something unambiguous in the finale.

There is a mini path described when Aaron visits because the missionary douchebag he brings with him describes how he bottomed out and came to Jesus and everything he says happened to him is something that either has happened or will happen to Tony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Yes, it was confirmed that it's not Edie Falco and they never revealed who it is. The voice even seems to change between the two coma episodes. One of them really sounds like Charmaine to me.

That would make sense, I feel like she represents the voice of "can we please just live a normal life and get away from this mob poo poo" on the show. Plus they hooked up once in the past iirc