Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

I would like to watch the nuggets non-national games inside Colorado so this would be cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Putting the entire NBA on prime video would be fantastic and I'd definitely watch more games

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Nodoze posted:

Putting the entire NBA on prime video would be fantastic and I'd definitely watch more games

If it's anything like MLS (which I doubt the NBA would do, either way), it would be its own subscription.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I think the local stuff will for sure be another subscription, but I could see national stuff being simulcast on prime. Honestly letting me get my local team with league pass would immediately get them my money.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Edward Mass posted:

If it's anything like MLS (which I doubt the NBA would do, either way), it would be its own subscription.

Yeah, MLS is $80 on top of an Apple TV+ sub. Taking the League Pass price, it would probably be ~$100-$120 for the season with ads, again, on top of the platform price.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Doesn't League Pass use the jumbotron feed? I remember seeing halftime shows.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Jubs posted:

Just during commercial breaks.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

harperdc posted:

Yeah, MLS is $80 on top of an Apple TV+ sub. Taking the League Pass price, it would probably be ~$100-$120 for the season with ads, again, on top of the platform price.

MLB.tv is 120-130ish IIRC, with the obvious blackout caveats, so despite half the volume I could see the same for an NBA package, with some national TV blackouts included. Local ones I'm not sure, nothing is as archiac as baseball's territorial rights arguments.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Jubs posted:

Yes it does and yes it is amazing, though I think now you can also get a full home studio broadcast feed that misses some of those things.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.c...3e3c6d7ba8836c1

quote:

Diamond Sports Group reached a one-season deal with the NBA that essentially guarantees that the Bally Sports RSNs will continue to carry NBA games through the end of this season. Diamond and the NBA unveiled some of the deal’s details in a bankruptcy court filing this afternoon. The court still needs to okay the deal before it can move forward.

The NBA likes this deal because it gives the league more flexibility as Diamond tries to navigate its way through bankruptcy. Regardless of the current length of some of the NBA teams’ Bally Sports deals, all are set to end after this season.

The NHL is believed to be weeks away from cutting a similar deal, according to the court filings. Diamond sources said they also were happy with the deal, which they painted as a necessary step as the company tries to emerge from bankruptcy.

In a statement emailed to SBJ, a Diamond Sports spokesperson said: “Our newly-signed agreements with the NBA, Comcast and our creditors reflect significant progress on Diamond’s path forward. Upon Court approval, these agreements will enable Diamond to continue delivering live game broadcasts to fans throughout the 2023-24 NBA, NHL and MLB seasons. Diamond has been broadcasting NBA and NHL games and will continue to do so while the Court considers our motions, and while discussions with the NHL finalize with respect to their own new deal.”

After this season, the deal has the NBA reclaiming the rights to the 13 teams that have deals with Bally Sports. The teams could work out new deals with the Diamond-owned RSNs at that point.

Look for expanded coverage of this deal in tonight’s SBJ Media newsletter.

So they've worked out a deal for Diamond/Ballys to carry the games for the season and then gets the rights to about half the league back after the season

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

How is Diamond going to even be able to survive post-bankruptcy if they lose these contracts?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The day that company is finally dead will be a good day.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I don't really have a coherent thought on this but it's somewhat interesting to me that the RSN model probably could have kept chugging along for another couple decades if it wasn't for having to be spun off in the Disney sale, and how that sale just altered so many things.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

FlamingLiberal posted:

How is Diamond going to even be able to survive post-bankruptcy if they lose these contracts?

Not having the giant fees scheduled will help. Now in theory they restructure and figure out what works.

Or fold. Also pretty likely.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/sherman4949/status/1722363020792193267?s=46

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/1725202861892702208

I know those halftime reports are perfunctory as hell, but still what the gently caress lady.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

A lot are clearly canned but you probably shouldn't admit it.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Lockback posted:

A lot are clearly canned but you probably shouldn't admit it.

Yeah, like I knew a lot of that sorta sideline reporting was some degree of fake but you don't come out and say it.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
It's so funny seeing the Barstool dipshits who clipped the segment and plastered it all over social media suddenly pivot to "Buhh you didn't listen to the full clip! Anyone who thinks this is wrong either doesn't know the full story or is fake mad!!!"

Like yes, sports journalists tend to be overly self-serious, and making up generic sideline reports is the kind of thing you could do for decades and nobody would ever notice or care if they hadn't been tipped off, but there's a (justified) professional stigma around not Just Making poo poo Up no matter how benign and it's incredibly stupid to just casually admit you've been doing it on a national platform

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
https://twitter.com/stephenasmith/status/1725251469971243185

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

i know a setup for a super bowl commercial when i see one

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
the first national commercial for edibles

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Doctor Teeth posted:

i know a setup for a super bowl commercial when i see one

drat it's totally this isn't it

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I thought there was definitely something up with using "smoke" in the text and the graphic too

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
What i'm going to say is going to sound so political and lame but Charissa Thompson has never been anything but gracious and kind on set when I've worked with her and also I've only seen her work hard at Fox. HOWEVER, she hosed up here and should not have said this poo poo and its crazy she would openly say this.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Sports media kayfabe

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
It’s about ethics in sports journalism

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Adam Schefter got less heat for the "mr editor" thing lmao

The Thompson story is a huge nothing burger, all the people coming out to fire shots at her are just trying to justify their continued employment doing the same meaningless job

everwake
Aug 9, 2021

Discord: everwake#0311
Steam: Everwake
Xbox: everwake#3338
PlayStation: everwakePS
Nintendo: SW-0815-2733-9404
Mastodon: https://gamepad.club/@everwake
*clears throat*

My immersion.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

Nodoze posted:

Adam Schefter got less heat for the "mr editor" thing lmao

The Thompson story is a huge nothing burger, all the people coming out to fire shots at her are just trying to justify their continued employment doing the same meaningless job

Yeah if anything guys like Schefter and all the freaks who actually like to puff their chest and say "I'm a serious journalist" but then just push gambling every other tweet need to be looked at harder. All that being said this is one of those "big deals" because it will be the socials for a week like that woman chargers fan then next week we'll all have moved on.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/stephenasmith/status/1727124478168351011?s=20

the odds of this being a plant are like 98% but it's still very funny.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

A+

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1727364889235394994?s=46&t=BHs6Pl38GJXGN2Y4xeriNA

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
To me, that’s preposterous. Magic bullet, things of that nature.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
Based on what little I know, I think Oswald did it alone and got lucky relatively speaking. Not sure why getting their opinions on this matter.

Unless JFK was pulling out of Vietnam, I'm not sure what his assassination changes in the long run anyway and it's well outside this subforum's scope to guess.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
If JFK isn't killed the Dallas Cowboys never win a superbowl. PROVE ME WRONG

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Island Nation posted:

Based on what little I know, I think Oswald did it alone and got lucky relatively speaking. Not sure why getting their opinions on this matter.

Unless JFK was pulling out of Vietnam, I'm not sure what his assassination changes in the long run anyway and it's well outside this subforum's scope to guess.

We got INTO Vietnam under LBJ :ssh:

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Edward Mass posted:

We got INTO Vietnam under LBJ :ssh:

We got into Vietnam under Eisenhower. We got balls deep under LBJ.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Island Nation posted:

The Bally Sports Broadcasting Thread

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

soggybagel posted:

If JFK isn't killed the Dallas Cowboys never win a superbowl. PROVE ME WRONG

Best chance would be him shutting down the AFL ergo no Super Bowl. The Cowboys also don't become America's Team without 9/11

Tom Landry was born 9/11/24

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Island Nation posted:

My favorite Kennedy conspiracy theory is that Oswald was actually trying to the kill the Governor, but missed and hit JFK by accident