Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Oh hell yeah! I hope she is part of another X-Men in space wave!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

Got my last of that Classified wave in hand with Shooter today. Packaged by somebody who knew to protect it on every side actually!

While the palette for her outfit is rather simple I really really dig her look over all. Bit of a loose head/neck on mine though so be careful if you are changing the hair/gas mask.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I'm not much of an action figure collector anymore, but I recently found out that Hasbro made an action figure of my favourite D-list X-Man, Maggott, and I just had to get it. And I have to say: I'm surprised by how good it looks! This is the first Marvel Legends figure I've ever bought, and I was expecting something much smaller and lower-quality in terms of sculpting and paint applications. This is not that far off from something like Bring Arts or Figuarts in both of those categories, which is surprising when you consider the massive price disparity.

I also like that he came with a giant machine gun. I know it's meant for the build-a-figure, but I like to think of it as a nod to his roots as a 90s anti-hero. :black101:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1720509768618451022

What's the gimmick? For that cost I'd ask if you can actually pilot them.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Dawgstar posted:

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1720509768618451022

What's the gimmick? For that cost I'd ask if you can actually pilot them.

That looks like an extremely good Voltron but that price is a little absurd. It’s not the first Voltron to be released with a crazy price tag. I would hope the gimmick is that it’s huge, but I don’t know.

You can also think of it as five action figures at $144 each that combine into one big one.

BBTS isn’t always the cheapest, somebody might offer a better deal.

I want it, obviously, but I can’t afford that poo poo.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Gripweed posted:

Did somebody say Warhammer?

missile guys
is that what 40k missile launchers look like now

kinda lame compared to the old styles

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I would hope the gimmick is that it’s huge, but I don’t know.
it's only a foot tall lmao

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

JordanKai posted:

I'm not much of an action figure collector anymore, but I recently found out that Hasbro made an action figure of my favourite D-list X-Man, Maggott, and I just had to get it. And I have to say: I'm surprised by how good it looks! This is the first Marvel Legends figure I've ever bought, and I was expecting something much smaller and lower-quality in terms of sculpting and paint applications. This is not that far off from something like Bring Arts or Figuarts in both of those categories, which is surprising when you consider the massive price disparity.

I also like that he came with a giant machine gun. I know it's meant for the build-a-figure, but I like to think of it as a nod to his roots as a 90s anti-hero. :black101:

Many of the newer Marvel Legends, especially the X-Men, have been nearing Bring Arts/Figuarts/Mondo level quality for a very reasonable price. VHS Cyclops and the just released '97 Wolverine are some of the best X-Men figures they've made and rival the more high-end offerings.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I don’t love the xmen in space stuff but who am I kidding. Give it to me.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Captain Invictus posted:

is that what 40k missile launchers look like now

kinda lame compared to the old styles

That's what the followers of the corpse emperor are toting around these days, yes. Chaos Space Marines are still lugging the old over the shoulder model

Louisgod posted:

Hell yeah, a surprise Legends announcement, and for a character that's desperately needed. Now announce Deathbird.

You mean Space Ninja Deathbird

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Snacksmaniac posted:

I don’t love the xmen in space stuff but who am I kidding. Give it to me.

As far as I'm concerned my X-Men/X-Force/X-Whatever collection is effectively complete outside a few empty slots (Feral, Rachel Summers, Destiny) so anything Hasbro releases is pure gravy.

Gripweed posted:

You mean Space Ninja Deathbird

hell yes give me this and I will be extremely happy.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

If I’m going by my list I made when I dipped back in, I’m only missing marrow (and a few figures could stand upgrades).
But lmao at sticking to my original list. I keep buying that garbage.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

I'll take 2 Deathbirds please, classic and jim lee.

Kinda wish we were getting non-empress Lilandra first. I always dug that look more.

Just need Raza, Hephzibah, and a few dozen Imperial Guards to close out that corner of X-men lore.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Oh hell yeah! I hope she is part of another X-Men in space wave!

She looks drat great with Monets (from X-Men) head on her.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
What's the best lion Voltron that is 12" or smaller and in the $50 range? Does such a thing even exist? I don't give a poo poo if it separates into the lions, just something that looks nice on my one robot shelf. I got an excellent KO vehicle Voltron for about $12 that stands about 7" and looks terrific. It even separates into some of the components, just not 15 separate vehicles.

I saw a review of the Lucky Cat Elvis, but it seems kind of fiddly and too small for some of that delicate engineering.

Also, has anyone ever made a cool Cyclone that is affordable, transformable, and not a fragile piece of crap?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

What's the best lion Voltron that is 12" or smaller and in the $50 range? Does such a thing even exist? I don't give a poo poo if it separates into the lions, just something that looks nice on my one robot shelf. I got an excellent KO vehicle Voltron for about $12 that stands about 7" and looks terrific. It even separates into some of the components, just not 15 separate vehicles.

Honestly I'm content with the Netflix Voltron lions I got a while back. They look neat in their lion forms.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

All this Voltron talk is reminding me that I finally want to take my Lego Volton lions and combine them into the mech form.

gregday
May 23, 2003

The effect from the glow in the dark paint surpassed all my expectations.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Nice job!

ZeroPrimal
Feb 24, 2010

The slave becomes the master.
Ollie’s is a goldmine. Just found the Fortnite boat for $15. Shitload of Marvel Legends but hardly any Joe stuff. Recently picked up the stealth shield and a Trapper Wolf helmet.

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

gregday posted:

The effect from the glow in the dark paint surpassed all my expectations.

That looks incredible! Great work!

Do you mind me asking what kind of GID paint you used?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

ZeroPrimal posted:

Ollie’s is a goldmine. Just found the Fortnite boat for $15. Shitload of Marvel Legends but hardly any Joe stuff. Recently picked up the stealth shield and a Trapper Wolf helmet.

I’ve had good luck there but I’m still hunting for a boat. Though the one Ollie’s I checked today was trashed.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Der-Wreck posted:

That looks incredible! Great work!

Do you mind me asking what kind of GID paint you used?

2 thick coats of this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B5QRBMM?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Which worked out to about 12 oz.

The paint seems to need UV to charge up, as it doesn't really do it with artificial light, but those photos are from after about 30 seconds in front of a window, with frosted glass, at that.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
This is a good toy.

The rest will show up from Pulse sometime next week.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Joe Fisto posted:

This is a good toy.

I can see them using some of those body parts for Airtight.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Joe Fisto posted:

This is a good toy.

undead Gilbert Godfried is weird

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I can see them using some of those body parts for Airtight.

And Countdown.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Someone is having fun with the secret names for the upcoming figures.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Hah, cute.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
There's no rhyme or reason to any of them but I demand Buttercup be Jinx anyway.

:colbert:

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

Snacksmaniac posted:

Well my target Spider-Man shipped so I got that going for me.
Mine just arrived!

As a big silver and bronze (? 1980s) Marvel fan, I wish I could say I was a fan of the "anniversary" figures but I didn't love Captain America and Iron Man was only ok (I have been eyeing the Model 1 figure).

This figure (60th sculpt with a blue colored spider on the back) is very much my jam, though. And I've been mildly irritated that I missed out on that original release.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

BBTS has a big sale on a bunch of Super7 Ultimates. It's not specifically called out as a daily or weekly sale so I have no idea how long it will last

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

thiccabod posted:

BBTS has a big sale on a bunch of Super7 Ultimates. It's not specifically called out as a daily or weekly sale so I have no idea how long it will last

I saw it this morning and was sorely tempted to grab that Ren and Stimpy but I ultimately decided on the Mummra because 25 bucks is a great deal and I already have thundercats stuff.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Thought about getting the Simpsons (have an unopened homer) but the rest of the line might be dead.
Stuff got pushed way back for preorders. Wonder if they’re going to slowly vanish.

Snacksmaniac fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Nov 6, 2023

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

thiccabod posted:

Very tempted to buy all the Silverhawks while they're cheap, but I think it's better that I pass. I'm basically all-in with the Thundercats and I don't need any more bad habits in that regard.

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

I was re-arranging my GID stuff and I noticed my Ultimates NYCC GID Muckman’s left leg has somehow become super loose. I’m not sure what has happened because it’s been standing there unmoved for the last several months. The leg is now so loose that it can’t stand on its own. Luckily some double sided tape has helped Muckman to stand again.

I think I’m going to tap out on Super7 figs. My GID foot soldier broke out of the box and now this Muckman seems to be getting loosey. I’m afraid of dropping $100 CAD for these going forward.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Snacksmaniac posted:

Thought about getting the Simpsons (have an unopened homer) but the rest of the line might be dead.
Stuff got pushed way back for preorders. Wonder if they’re going to slowly vanish.

I need Kang and Kodos to come out, I can't handle the heartbreak of them being canceled.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Agrias120 posted:

I need Kang and Kodos to come out, I can't handle the heartbreak of them being canceled.

Hank Scorpio not coming out would get me

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Hilariously, Super7 TMNT Ultimates have been showing up at the UK equivalent of Ollie’s for £20 in the last couple of months.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

thiccabod posted:

Christ even at 50% off for some of them they are still way too expensive. I understand that Super 7 is a smaller company and smaller runs of figures cost more but $30 for a Mo Sizlak is $15 too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I kind of want that Thundercats Robot Pirate but I’d rather pass or wait for a deeper sale