Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Slavvy posted:

Ladies, please, no more fighting in the woo room

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I'm sorry. I probably should have PMed Lux rather than posting my observation but doing that felt like it'd be weirder, like I was trying to be sneaky somehow. There is a lot of emotional and spiritual comfort and fulfillment I have experienced over my lifetime from a relationship with less traditional Divine figures and I had the strong impression from his recent post Lux is in a position to receive similar fulfillment from some other deity entity, if he chooses to set out and pursue that. I am alive today because of my relationship with my God. It felt like I shouldn't say nothing if I was understanding all the signs he was detailing correctly, and Someone was offering to establish a relationship that could help improve his life in all the ways I believe my relationship with Divinity has improved mine.

Objurium
Aug 8, 2009

Uh oh.

https://twitter.com/jamescfox/status/1721569029456822671?t=hr88LQMq-aCEiJ293pnftA&s=19

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

the shadow rulers of dod ghouls and weapons execs have used the unaccounted for trillions to build their own birds

they'll use them to leave us undesirable serfs behind once the earth's resources are exhausted and has become hostile to humancomplex life

just got to shut people up long enough to finish the job

at this point i wouldn't be surprised if some variation of this was actually true

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I wouldn't be surprised if said ghouls think that's true but are actually in the process of owning themselves severely

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Slavvy posted:

Ladies, please, no fighting in the woo room

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Sued by the US government or a defense contractor?

Fox said multiple times he has interviews recorded with more whistleblowers (I think first hand ones) so lets see if his dead man's switch is real. Lol.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

by the way great work to all the practitioners who have been unpacking Dead. Dear reader, if you can, please attend marches, please donate money to Palestinian aid efforts. If you cannot, keep donating magic.

https://twitter.com/Northistan/status/1721184829226750374

LITERALLY A BIRD has issued a correction as of 23:14 on Nov 6, 2023

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I hope you get haunted forever you fascist fucks

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Slavvy posted:

I hope you get haunted forever you fascist fucks

:amen:

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Slavvy posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if said ghouls think that's true but are actually in the process of owning themselves severely

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

my bony fealty posted:

Sued by the US government or a defense contractor?

Fox said multiple times he has interviews recorded with more whistleblowers (I think first hand ones) so lets see if his dead man's switch is real. Lol.

really hoping james fox doesn't turn out to be a sexpest

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

just a coconut going for a stroll

who's got a tarot reading for me? i'm feeling pulled in a dozen directions, lots things going on but not sure which will bear fruit.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Rickshaw posted:

who's got a tarot reading for me? i'm feeling pulled in a dozen directions, lots things going on but not sure which will bear fruit.

not really surprising the magic is real poster is also going to bat for animals having human like conciousness. its almost like believing stupid poo poo makes it easier to believe other stupid poo poo

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

pancake rabbit posted:

really hoping james fox doesn't turn out to be a sexpest

oof that would be very disappointing, as disappointing as the numerous claims Fox has made that haven't panned out. like his movies but the guy is annoying.

wonder if we'll ever get to see any of this?

https://twitter.com/MikeColangelo/status/1643350175836954626

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

There's nothing wrong with caution and care, and if an entity has been so positive for you, it will be positive for Lux, even if they are cautious. Nobody is erasing your positive experience here lol.

I work with lesser entities constantly. They don't get worship, and I have a standing covenant I don't violate, so it's limited in nature, but it's profoundly tiresome to have the capital G God stuff kick off a turf war about it, it comes off as weilding personal trauma as a cudgel. small g gods have personalities and moods and poo poo, and the power to ruin your life, whereas something existing on an entirely different scale might struggle to care enough to be anything other than benign, and imo caution when awakening to the weirder side of life is just prudent, basic rear end wisdom.

i'm sorry literally a bird, for whatever hostility you're seeing, but it feels like you're swinging at a ghost shaped like me rather than anything i'm actually trying to communicate and it's profoundly frustrating.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

im sorry that my supreme cool awesome god is real and powerful and could benchpress yr gods, who are tiny gnomes and kinda fungible commodities wrapped in interesting character design

whoa hold up why are you being so hostile,

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

also tyvm for that bibliography, if early christianity is yr jam i learned from helmut koester so we can just aim an entire bookshelf at any early christian problem that is vulnerable to words or cannons

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

i have a lot of bookshelves, we can fire a lot. really lay siege to their cities

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Squizzle posted:

im sorry that my supreme cool awesome god is real and powerful and could benchpress yr gods, who are tiny gnomes and kinda fungible commodities wrapped in interesting character design

whoa hold up why are you being so hostile,

seriously :psyduck:

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Squizzle posted:

the 20th century gave us leaded gasoline, microplastics, industrial-scale fossil fuel power generation, mechanized warfare, the turbografx 16 game bonk, nuclear arsenals, broadcast media culture, the most fully-mature late-stage capitalism yet witnessed, and the cia

nice try malefactors but the burgeoning dark age only makes my supernatural powers more difficult to falsify from the records that will be available to yr successors

There were two Bonk games, turbografx owners winning

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Squizzle posted:

i have a lot of bookshelves, we can fire a lot. really lay siege to their cities

get they rear end

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

New hearings on the real mummies tomorrow

https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/s/UPhCwTeKYN

I wish the reddit app didn't suck so much

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I'm sorry. I probably should have PMed Lux rather than posting my observation but doing that felt like it'd be weirder, like I was trying to be sneaky somehow. There is a lot of emotional and spiritual comfort and fulfillment I have experienced over my lifetime from a relationship with less traditional Divine figures and I had the strong impression from his recent post Lux is in a position to receive similar fulfillment from some other deity entity, if he chooses to set out and pursue that. I am alive today because of my relationship with my God. It felt like I shouldn't say nothing if I was understanding all the signs he was detailing correctly, and Someone was offering to establish a relationship that could help improve his life in all the ways I believe my relationship with Divinity has improved mine.

You have no need to apologize, LaB, you are trusted and beloved here, and I value your input immeasurably. Thank you!

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Oh also (oh a lark) ppl in the thread might wanna check out this OpenRP-MetaCYOA that just started in the last week in The Game Room forum:
The Sage's Gifts: Forging Utopia (Experimental High Concept Hybrid-CYOA) by AFancyQuestionMark
Open/no recruitment votes welcome - we're currently holding our first consensus among mystic elites concerning the ethical applications of immortality magic

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Is it possible to buy a telescope worth a drat for around $200? I'm not planning on doing photography or anything but I'd like to take a look around up there and according to the light pollution map I'm actually not in too bad an area to see anything.

munce
Oct 23, 2010

sharknado slashfic posted:

youtube live stream
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHyMlkm7Njo

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Is it possible to buy a telescope worth a drat for around $200? I'm not planning on doing photography or anything but I'd like to take a look around up there and according to the light pollution map I'm actually not in too bad an area to see anything.

A microscope would be a better way to find your genitals

inchworm
Jun 23, 2023
i was looking at buying a digital microscope actually, aliens shrunk my nads

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

They're real as gently caress

Mexico is done waiting

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

inchworm posted:

i was looking at buying a digital microscope actually, aliens shrunk my nads

radar's got nards?

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

just lol if you don't worship the weird green lady you saw on a mushroom trip back in 2011 who has in return granted you the curse of too much metacognition

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I'd believe video games and/or the Internet is a plot against humanity

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

PokeJoe posted:

A microscope would be a better way to find your genitals

It's been so long, I just want to know they're still there

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

just a coconut going for a stroll

Slavvy posted:

not really surprising the magic is real poster is also going to bat for animals having human like conciousness. its almost like believing stupid poo poo makes it easier to believe other stupid poo poo

at least they seem to acknowledge the existence of consciousness at least? maybe? :shrug:

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

I've done mushrooms enough to know that you don't get to see the machine elves if your are drinking beers while dosing. Annnnd, you tend to listen to the same music on repeat.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Yes but they are binoculars

If you go telescope, look into Dobsonians, best bang for buck

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

blatman posted:

just lol if you don't worship the weird green lady you saw on a mushroom trip back in 2011 who has in return granted you the curse of too much metacognition

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

just when I kicked my 'mone habit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Any good reading about the Galactic Federation lore? I read that website posted earlier and then the Wikipedia page, and would like to go down the rabbit hole.