Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Aye Doc posted:

22 year old james harden was definitely not "prime" james harden, however that dude's whole point about dame's bad defense ruining the future of point guards is dumb as hell and idk why this couldnt just be a pure and righteous article solely about dame's bad defense

That’s why I am not going to read it and just assume it perfectly agrees with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

A Perfect Twist posted:

This is suggesting the Bismack had a prime. I can assure you he is as good today as he always was, for better or worse. Furthermore:

Bismack Biyombo had a prime and it is called the twenty-first of May in the year of our Lord two thousand and sixteen

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Aye Doc posted:

22 year old james harden was definitely not "prime" james harden, however that dude's whole point about dame's bad defense ruining the future of point guards is dumb as hell and idk why this couldnt just be a pure and righteous article solely about dame's bad defense

I mean the fact that it wasn't prime Harden makes it an even weaker point. Did getting better at basketball make harden less likely to make the finals?

But yeah Dame takes plays off on defense for sure

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Bismack Billabongo posted:

The Josh Ayton Defender has logged on to say suns fans are delusional for liking the new guy better than the old guy who wanted out and played like it. Thank you for blessing us with these pearls.

You're welcome.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1721681819156742353

shams following up with the deetz, rip to the lord of time

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Aye Doc posted:

Better to trade a year early than a year late.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Portland please trade Brogdon immediately

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Papercut posted:

I mean the fact that it wasn't prime Harden makes it an even weaker point. Did getting better at basketball make harden less likely to make the finals?

But yeah Dame takes plays off on defense for sure

i don’t think it’s fair to say dame takes plays off on defense

that implies that there are plays that he’s actually trying on defense

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I haven’t watched Portland, but what’s up with Ayton only taking three free throws in seven games? Is he playing that passive or are they just not calling fouls?

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Declan MacManus posted:

i don’t think it’s fair to say dame takes plays off on defense

that implies that there are plays that he’s actually trying on defense

I would like to report that Dame just intercepted a pass and took it back for an uncontested layup. Defense achieved.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Aye Doc posted:

That's a shame. He's a fun player.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

kingcobweb posted:

I haven’t watched Portland, but what’s up with Ayton only taking three free throws in seven games? Is he playing that passive or are they just not calling fouls?

Sounds pretty normal for him, he’s never gotten to the line much. He shies away from contact a little and would prefer to pull up. His hook shot was pretty excellent over the last couple seasons

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Sounds pretty normal for him, he’s never gotten to the line much. He shies away from contact a little and would prefer to pull up. His hook shot was pretty excellent over the last couple seasons

His free throw rate went from .214 in Phoenix to .048 so far in Portland, which is less than half what Tony Snell had for his career

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
What a loving loser. Suns won the trade

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

kingcobweb posted:

The short answer is Billups, to his own admission, doesn’t know how to use him on offense yet. Simons being out really hurts our spacing and PnR. When Ayton gets the ball, the defense collapses on him.

He isn’t as aggressive as I’d like either and settles too much, even if he generally has pretty solid touch.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Mavs defense has looked real good the last two nights

I was not expecting this

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

Mavs defense has looked real good the last two nights

I was not expecting this

grant williams was a really good get. he'll come back to earth though

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

STOP THE COUNT!

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Kings are beyond lost without Fox.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Spacebump posted:

STOP THE COUNT!

hahaha :D

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Maybe a bit supernerdy poo poo, but the NBA has agreed a deal with Bally Sports to take back the local TV rights for all NBA teams they have a deal with at the end of the season. That covers 15 teams.

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/Articles/2023/11/06/diamond-sports-group-deal-with-nba.aspx

All set up for the NBA to offer up more games nationally in the next tv deal, possibly via either NBC (very strongly rumoured to be getting involved in the NBA again) or a streamer.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

tanglewood1420 posted:

Maybe a bit supernerdy poo poo, but the NBA has agreed a deal with Bally Sports to take back the local TV rights for all NBA teams they have a deal with at the end of the season. That covers 15 teams.

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/Articles/2023/11/06/diamond-sports-group-deal-with-nba.aspx

All set up for the NBA to offer up more games nationally in the next tv deal, possibly via either NBC (very strongly rumoured to be getting involved in the NBA again) or a streamer.

Utah and a couple of other teams offer local subscription currently. It’ll likely go direct to consumer for local teams very soon.

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice
e: wrong thread

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
This is a REALLY REALLY fun MN team. Undefeated Nuggets? No problem. Undefeated Celtics? No problem (in OT).

Also, KAT I love you man but man you need to figure a coupla things out.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/stevejones20/status/1721737251887919200

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

Mean Baby posted:

Utah and a couple of other teams offer local subscription currently. It’ll likely go direct to consumer for local teams very soon.

It's going to be interesting seeing how the league decides to structure it. I suspect it will all be folded into League Pass where you can buy single team packages already, but now with no Bally Sports you won't have blackouts for those 15 teams so it becomes way more attractive for US viewers.

The bigger obstacle to an NFL-like central league control of all TV rights is that the Lakers, Knicks, Warriors, Celtics etc. are making fat bank on their local deals and will need a ton of incentivising to give them up. But for the majority of the franchises I think banding together all tv rights and splitting the pot evenly makes the most sense.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the Chicago bulls apparently win an NBA game

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
LeBron passing to wide open team mate only to have them miss at the end of regulation just seems right. How many more of these need to happen to cancel out the Ray Allen shot? We have to be getting close that was almost 11 years ago now.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

tanglewood1420 posted:

It's going to be interesting seeing how the league decides to structure it. I suspect it will all be folded into League Pass where you can buy single team packages already, but now with no Bally Sports you won't have blackouts for those 15 teams so it becomes way more attractive for US viewers.

This would make me get League Pass.

I'd guess they'd have those Bally teams on a different tier (maybe you can buy just those games packaged in a region or something) and it'd cost more to get the whole league + those 15 with no blackouts but that might still be worth it.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/ThunderFilmRoom/status/1721730403252224276?t=p00lPFPE-agJgwEUkEd_mw&s=19

We're so back

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!

tanglewood1420 posted:

The bigger obstacle to an NFL-like central league control of all TV rights is that the Lakers, Knicks, Warriors, Celtics etc. are making fat bank on their local deals and will need a ton of incentivising to give them up. But for the majority of the franchises I think banding together all tv rights and splitting the pot evenly makes the most sense.

I expect Silver to beat the international markets and grow the game drum very hard to bring teams in line.

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

OKC seems really fun this year. West is brutal 1-10

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Calidus posted:

LeBron passing to wide open team mate only to have them miss at the end of regulation just seems right. How many more of these need to happen to cancel out the Ray Allen shot? We have to be getting close that was almost 11 years ago now.

Cam Reddish barely qualifies as an NBA player to be fair.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

KAT for Siakam. Who says no?

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Basketball owns

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
The exciting thing is, given that it is not terribly likely that Towns has suddenly become a sub-20% three point shooter, it is quite probable that this team improves as the year progresses.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

trad young

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

Away all Goats posted:

KAT for Siakam. Who says no?

If Minny moves KAT they need a better shooter than Siakam coming back. Gobert, Siakam, McDaniel would be the worst jump shooting frontcourt in the league. With Kyle Anderson coming off the bench to make it even worse.