Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

HallelujahLee posted:

yeah they know full well its all going to settlers its very pathetic low-level pr that isnt working on anyone except maybe credulous brain-dead losers

Yeah its an obvious sop to liberals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

I remember reading up on this years ago, even as far back as 2007, and being really disappointed. Not surprised, just disappointed. He bent down and kissed the AIPAC ring, just like they all have to.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
The Thai government has supposedly recieved photographic evidence that the 23 Thai workers taken hostage by Hamas are all alive, and they're set to be released soon.

https://twitter.com/N12News/status/1721621775753064884?t=f-KK9BU302tkpvb06NSoJg&s=19

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The biggest takeaway from the social media war is that the governments aiding and abetting this slaughter have absolutely no clue how to control the online messaging and the mass protests worldwide are a testament to their utter failure in that regard.

The people who think they can just get away with mass murder and cover it up later have zero understanding of how fast information spreads in an interconnected world. They think cutting off internet in Gaza blinds everyone to the truth if what they're doing but the footage still gets out no matter how many butcher barbies the IDF films doing tiktok dances.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Sancho Banana posted:

The Thai government has supposedly recieved photographic evidence that the 23 Thai workers taken hostage by Hamas are all alive, and they're set to be released soon.

https://twitter.com/N12News/status/1721621775753064884?t=f-KK9BU302tkpvb06NSoJg&s=19

Did the Israeli propagandists ever explain how this particular situation squares with "they're targeting Jews just because we're Jewish!!!"?

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

PT6A posted:

Did the Israeli propagandists ever explain how this particular situation squares with "they're targeting Jews just because we're Jewish!!!"?

well obviously they're only alive because they're not jewish

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

PT6A posted:

I asked an Israeli propagandist about this but all they said was "AAARGGH FOREIGNERS FOREIGNERS KILL THEM ALL KILL THEM ALLLLLLLL"

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Al-Saqr posted:

the (powerless sadly) Bahraini Parliament is demanding their king and government Permanently and completely cut all ties to Israel and completely tear apart the abraham accords

https://x.com/ajarabic/status/1721624998534615047?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

looks like the fat little piggie who rules bahrain has a knife to his front and his back

could this mean a new round of street protests in Bahrain? in got pretty heated in the Arab spring iirc.

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
seems like hamas is in a good spot rn

israel should probably just surrender, we can relocate everybody to west texas

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

could this mean a new round of street protests in Bahrain? in got pretty heated in the Arab spring iirc.

there has already been protests in bahrain i imagine now that the parliament is upping the ante there will be more

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

also a masters degree in TikTok

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

there are people on twitter who are doing the counting and saying that so far the total Vehicle and Tank losses of the IDF is 97.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

smoobles posted:

I'm so mad that the Gays are doing genocide. thought they were cool.

drat, it’s almost like identity politics were always meant to be subsumed by capital or something.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

jesus christ

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

Al-Saqr posted:

there are people on twitter who are doing the counting and saying that so far the total Vehicle and Tank losses of the IDF is 97.
Do they just pile up on the streets or what?

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

orly posted:

Speaking of smaller bombs, are all the rumors about Israel using smaller nukes everywhere and people awkwardly hiding their awareness thereof, true?

https://twitter.com/drbairdonline/status/1080967346385108992

Shows a large explosion with way too much glowy fireball for a high explosive, plus camera sensor static from charged particles.

that's not camera static. camera static from radiation would be random across the entire sensor. that 'static' you can see in a few of the videos is local to the explosion. it looks like secondary flashes or debris catching light. radiation artifacts look like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf4Ux4SlyT4

you're right that high explosives don't usually have big glowy fireballs but plenty of explosions started by high explosives are. also you can't hide the use of a nuclear weapon, not even a little tactical one, for longer than it takes a few monitoring stations to pick up a few telltale isotopes.

also that article is nonsense and the guy who wrote it is https://www.linkedin.com/in/gordon-duff-b52323154 and he 'advises' https://ads-security.com/

quote:

American Defense is a disabled Veteran owned and operated Security Solutions company,
created to provide full spectrum protection systems and solutions, that are specific to our clientele’s requirements in the Residential, Corporate, Law Enforcement, Schools & Universities, Religious Community, Public and Government sectors.

goon hoodwinked by disabled marine

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

Confusedslight posted:

When western leaders gave Israel and blank cheque to do whatever they wanted they must of seen this coming or are they just stupid?

They figured they'd be too old to care but welp turns out Dems love 90 year olds in office

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Al-Saqr posted:

we're on track for the "idf loses an armored division" part of my list

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Homocow posted:

Do they just pile up on the streets or what?

How bad is Israeli repair abs recovery? I imagine it must be hard to recover a tank or an APC if you never get out of yours. Does the engineering Merkava also have a touch screen with the IDF netflix account?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

If you believe the internet tallying they have roughly about 1700 merkavas so there's a ways to go. my actual guess is they have like 600 in service and maybe 1200 mothballed ones from the 80-90s, and of those maybe like 500 of them still work

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Al-Saqr posted:

I want to believe but you gotta be careful, people fell into this trap when ukraine kicked off and said Russia has lost ten billion million tanks according to photos and videos etc

It's probably more than we think but less than we'd hope

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Luceid posted:

I want to believe but you gotta be careful, people fell into this trap when ukraine kicked off and said Russia has lost ten billion million tanks according to photos and videos etc

The major difference is, there aren't Hamas tanks to be passed off as as Israeli ones and we know for a fact that Israeli reporting is slow rolling their casualties since they're still releasing names from dudes that got hit on October 7th.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Luceid posted:

Speaking of which all those OSINT guys are probably looking for work, maybe they can get on the case.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Grapplejack posted:

If you believe the internet tallying they have roughly about 1700 merkavas so there's a ways to go. my actual guess is they have like 600 in service and maybe 1200 mothballed ones from the 80-90s, and of those maybe like 500 of them still work

500 active service and around 600-700 in reserve with most of them being old 3s. That said, not everything being targeted has been tanks but also Namur APCs.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Bouillon Rube posted:

never gently caress with longshoremen.

that one weird trick to how to find out that hard material economy matters pretty loving fast

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

KomradeX posted:

The major difference is, there aren't Hamas tanks to be passed off as as Israeli ones and we know for a fact that Israeli reporting is slow rolling their casualties since they're still releasing names from dudes that got hit on October 7th.

Yeah I don't think it's the exact same situation, it's just good to be cautious. Obviously seeing a tank pop like a balloon is a confirmed goner, but any vid where someone dumps an rpg and legs it is up in the air

make no mistake I hope every merkava becomes a rapidly oxidizing coffin or drives home and stays there

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
A tank doesn’t have to be exploded in a fireball to have it be a mission kill and it needed to be taken off the line btw.

It really depends on Israeli’s ability to retrieve and repair tanks which isn’t often a slam dunk.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
Speaking of tanks, how hard is it to kill the crew inside through concussive force even if the tank remains operational?

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Tlaib still holding her ground

https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/1721699898360246538

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Do military vehicles have planned obsolescence? It would be funny if military vehicles have planned obsolescence.

"Oh what's that? Your tank broke? Dang, guess you have to buy another one!"

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Cuttlefush posted:

a 2nd pegleg has hit the forums

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Cuttlefush posted:

that's not camera static. camera static from radiation would be random across the entire sensor. that 'static' you can see in a few of the videos is local to the explosion. it looks like secondary flashes or debris catching light. radiation artifacts look like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf4Ux4SlyT4

you're right that high explosives don't usually have big glowy fireballs but plenty of explosions started by high explosives are. also you can't hide the use of a nuclear weapon, not even a little tactical one, for longer than it takes a few monitoring stations to pick up a few telltale isotopes.

also that article is nonsense and the guy who wrote it is https://www.linkedin.com/in/gordon-duff-b52323154 and he 'advises' https://ads-security.com/

This was awesome! You wrote up this response far better that I could have, but yeah, that guy wasn't passing the sniff test.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

this isnt even a joke. hamas' first master bomb maker or whatever you want to call him, yahya ayyash, was literally an electrical engineer who wanted to go to jordan to get his masters degree but israel didnt allow him. few years later and he is making bombs for hamas.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Sancho Banana posted:

Speaking of tanks, how hard is it to kill the crew inside through concussive force even if the tank remains operational?

It is unlikely to kill them but it may scramble their brains a bit.

Btw not only are the only ones to use the Merkava 4 but there is a huge armor shortage at the moment due to the Ukraine conflict.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

BTW Belgian longshoremen and train workers were also locking down arms shipments, right?

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.

Al-Saqr posted:

which twitter accounts

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Luceid posted:

difference with the russia/ukraine war is that "OSINT" accounts aka western intel cut outs had the purpose of overselling russia losses to manufacture consent for dumping more money into ukraine.

the incentive here is to do the opposite: downplay israeli losses and imply that giving them just a few more bags of money and missiles will solve the problem for good.

i think everyone knows the figures are a guestimate at best.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

tatankatonk posted:

which twitter accounts

A bunch of OSINT guys but from the pro-iran crowd, like anything you see online take with two tubs of salt. One of them was that Iranian account that was linked here several times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Do military vehicles have planned obsolescence? It would be funny if military vehicles have planned obsolescence.

"Oh what's that? Your tank broke? Dang, guess you have to buy another one!"

Not exactly the same thing but I remember a video about tanks in WW2 where Russian tanks were being built in a rather urgent shortage of time and resources, and so were built only expecting to function about as long as the expected operational lifespan of a tank on the eastern front anyway. Of course, very different context.