Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9kY2CifBLI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Jet Jaguar posted:

Didn’t they do something similar on the see of Blade 2?

no, while you were resorting to dumpsters for cetacean disposal the crew of that film studied the blade

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Ah yes, Freegan Willy

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

Luneshot posted:

idiots using UV-C germicidal lamps as stage blacklights and injuring dozens if not hundreds of people

https://twitter.com/molly0xFFF/status/1721549511950999579

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Nenonen posted:

It's the same with gender reveal parties, at first it was about cutting a cake but these days if nobody sacrifices their life to give the babby a gender then it's a forgettable dud of a party.

A gender reveal party with less than three deaths is considered a dull affair. It is known.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

sometimes manhole covers are random encounter enemies

https://i.imgur.com/UkwrHsA.mp4

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Kith posted:

random enemies known as giant-rear end farts

SerthVarnee posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqY-fr4IpEI&t=180s
Timestamp isn't working for me with my photo-sensitivity protection app, but it should be just about 3 minutes in.

We've actually expanded a bit by now. 1 in 27 of the general population will have two seizures during their lifetime and thus qualify for the epilepsy medal.
1 in 4000 if the general population has or will have photo-sensitive epilepsy.

The reason the number is going up? We don't die off as fast as we used to, but our average lifespan is still half of a "normal" individual.1

1. No citations provided, and it's not against you, show evidence of what you say is happening

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Nov 7, 2023

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Kith posted:

My man hole does the same thing after eating Taco Bell

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Kith posted:

Watch out! It’s about to suplex that train!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92MCwVeTiYU

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!
The Youtube algorithm decided I needed to see roller burnishing videos and damnit it was right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s51L8kKZ_Ho

:awesome:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvUrJu2xjA4

Butterwagon fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Nov 7, 2023

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

gently caress I almost woke my wife up laughing at this

Kith posted:

https://youtu.be/j2h0rw921Ds?si=GLtsuep_iPPDN6pw

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

MrQwerty posted:

random enemies known as giant-rear end farts

1. No citations provided, and it's not against you, show evidence of what you say is happening

I mean it's probably better to just let him post and move on, he's a pretty one note poster and you can't of course fault him but it does get a little tiring. It's sort of like how a vegan will always tell you, but in this case because it's a medical condition, you become the rear end in a top hat (as I'm being now) for going "dude, can you...I mean....OK yes we get it and of course we don't want to exacerbate your issue but at the same time, like......can we just move on please? I just want to look at silly videos"

I'm also a one note poster and it's the brown note, before anyone else feels like pointing this out.

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

Peter Falk posted:

Yeah I’m not seeing anything too bad, although I’m not going through it in detail. weird that they’ve got one engine and only a single attack line, but based on the construction and the property layout I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a volunteer dept and the crew we’re seeing is literally all the resources they have.

Edit: the one problem they have is breath control as they enter the structure. Listen to that lmao. Mine isn’t any better though so I’m willing to be forgiving.

Second edit: another mistake I see is that they force the door to a structure that appears to have a fire that ventilation-limited, but the nozzleman doesn't test the floor and walks straight in. They should be crouching/crawling while advancing the hose line so that they're as far as possible from the superheated gas at the ceiling.

My main problem was the speed. Worked out okay this time. But behave like that all the time you're going to get in trouble.

Lack of care when entering was bad.

I'd have the water on a wider setting and lower volume. You could cool the room with a quick blast at the ceiling, then hit the seat of the fire.

Basically calm the gently caress down.

That house was toast. Not sure I'd enter at all, unless there were persons reported.

I'm not going to put myself or my crew at risk for stuff.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
it's just fire bro calm down

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk

SyNack Sassimov posted:

I mean it's probably better to just let him post and move on, he's a pretty one note poster and you can't of course fault him but it does get a little tiring. It's sort of like how a vegan will always tell you, but in this case because it's a medical condition, you become the rear end in a top hat (as I'm being now) for going "dude, can you...I mean....OK yes we get it and of course we don't want to exacerbate your issue but at the same time, like......can we just move on please? I just want to look at silly videos"

I'm also a one note poster and it's the brown note, before anyone else feels like pointing this out.

I do appreciate the post here and yeah I recognize my posting is basically only on that one particular topic. It's just hard for me to focus on much else, since this is my one niche of learned experience.
I don't want to come out as ranting and raving all the time about the same thing again and again, so I'll try to keep myself from injecting the same tired subject into any conversation I can find.
In this case though? that video really needs to go.

MrQwerty posted:

My friend, my newest bestest friend. Thank you for getting me to actually look this up. I loving love you right now.

My life expectancy is NOT 50% less!
It's only reduced by about 10 years!

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35234848/#:~:text=The%20average%20reduction%20in%20life,compared%20to%20the%20general%20population.

loving yeeeeesssssss!

https://www.cdc.gov/epilepsy/about/fast-facts.htm

"In 2015, 1.2% of the total US population had active epilepsy.

This is about 3.4 million people with epilepsy nationwide: 3 million adults and 470,000 children."

https://www.who.int/health-topics/epilepsy#tab=tab_1

"More than 50 million people worldwide has epilepsy."

https://epilepsysociety.org.uk/abou...ark%20patterns.

Interestingly, this page seems to refute my previous claim. I'll include it anyways of course, because the info matters a lot more than winning an internet argument.

"Around 1 in 100 people has epilepsy and of these people, up to 5% have photosensitive epilepsy."

https://www.epilepsy.com/what-is-epilepsy/statistics

The reason I keep harping on and on about this subject is that...well...

"You CAN die from epilepsy. While death in epilepsy doesn't happen frequently, epilepsy is a very serious condition and individuals do die from seizures. The most common cause of death is sudden unexpected death in epilepsy (SUDEP). While there is a lot we still don’t know about SUDEP, experts estimate that 1 out of every 1,000 people with epilepsy die from SUDEP each year. People can also die from prolonged seizures (status epilepticus). 1.9% of deaths in people with epilepsy is due to this type of seizure emergency."

I don't want to die.

SerthVarnee fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Nov 7, 2023

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
most dudes would just take the L and go find another windmill at this point, rock on though

Jet Jaguar posted:

Didn’t they do something similar on the see of Blade 2?

I cannot now find the story in any better detail than the IMDB blurb, but yes

I recall somebody bought, or found abandoned in a filming location, a bunch of those things, and they filmed all day with them until somebody with a clue made them shut down

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Javid posted:

most dudes would just take the L and go find another windmill at this point, rock on though

I cannot now find the story in any better detail than the IMDB blurb, but yes

I recall somebody bought, or found abandoned in a filming location, a bunch of those things, and they filmed all day with them until somebody with a clue made them shut down

Huh this sounds really similar to what happened on one of the Blade movies. Anyone remember what I'm talking about?

Peter Falk
Sep 29, 2023

ledge posted:

My main problem was the speed. Worked out okay this time. But behave like that all the time you're going to get in trouble.

Lack of care when entering was bad.

I'd have the water on a wider setting and lower volume. You could cool the room with a quick blast at the ceiling, then hit the seat of the fire.

Basically calm the gently caress down.

That house was toast. Not sure I'd enter at all, unless there were persons reported.

I'm not going to put myself or my crew at risk for stuff.

No argument there, I actually thought it was sped up because who the gently caress is moving that fast on air

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

SyNack Sassimov posted:

Huh this sounds really similar to what happened on one of the Blade movies. Anyone remember what I'm talking about?

I think there were a bunch of techbro vampires talking about digital apes? (as an obvious metaphor for vampires removing 'life' from the equation).

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

SerthVarnee posted:

I don't want to die.

If I'm not wrong, you also suggested CO2 alarms be changed from flashing red lights into slow purple glows in the dumb poo poo at work thread

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Javid posted:

I cannot now find the story in any better detail than the IMDB blurb

In the old OSHA thread,

Dillbag posted:

A co-worker was told a scary OSHA story by Guillermo Del Toro about filming Blade 2 in the Czech Republic. They stumbled across a bunch of what were described as "rad looking post-war era lamps" somewhere, bought them and set them up in the location (I think it was for the blood bank scene that opens the film). Half way through the day, the cast and crew's eyes started swelling and tearing up and no one could figure out what was going on so they shut down the set thinking they had a gas leak or an airborne contamination.

They called the western medical staff in but no one could figure out what was going on until a local Czech doctor showed up. He looked at the lamps and said something along the lines of "You stupid fuckers, do you know what these are? You know we used to be part of the Soviet Union, right? These are Soviet-made high-powered ultraviolet bacteria-killing lamps that they used to sterilize rooms and you're not supposed to be anywhere near the loving things when they're on. Go home, lay down and keep the lights low. We'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out if any of you are going to go blind".

No one went blind, but Del Toro said the top layer of skin (or whatever it is) on everyone's eyeballs peeled and flaked off during the night and it was really gross and terrifying.

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

Big Super Slapstick Hunk

MrQwerty posted:

If I'm not wrong, you also suggested CO2 alarms be changed from flashing red lights into slow purple glows in the dumb poo poo at work thread

Not precisely the CO2 alarms, but yes. A ton of construction vehicles, emergency vehicles and even digital price tag setups in our local store can give me a seizure without my meds at this point.
So yeah, I'm getting a bit single track minded on this subject, because all I have left in life is playing the games that don't kill me, taking care of my two dogs, taking my meds so I don't get a seizure from the sun reflecting off the lake during sunsets and shitposting here.

I can't even take a 2 hour trainride from Sweden to Denmark in order to attend a funeral on Thursday, cause my epilepsy is that bad and the sun peaking through the forest fucks me up for a whole day.
It sucks, but I can get why it gets tiresome for you guys to have me repeating myself over and over.

I hosed myself up doing 3 years of testing for this poo poo without knowing the damage done with each seizure was permanent.
All I can do with that info is try to share it everywhere I can and live with the fact that I ruined my own life.

God I'm tired.

I'll shut up now, sorry for the broken record and the E/N poo poo.

Edit: 3 years of testing, not 3 hours.

SerthVarnee fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Nov 7, 2023

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

jesus christ that's rough

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Ignore this vid, just standard MSM dead whale bounce

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

I don't know what the hate is about, thanks for the citations and the education. Sucks to hear you suffer this way.

What kind of games can you even play?

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

Big Super Slapstick Hunk

ILL Machina posted:

I don't know what the hate is about, thanks for the citations and the education. Sucks to hear you suffer this way.

Surprisingly enough?

Total Conflict: Resistance is an fps that doesn't harm me.
Other than that, it's mostly turn based strategy games, the grognardier the better.
Stuff like Construction simulator is also fine, as long as I don't turn on the blinking lights or use one of their viewmodes.
Valheim and Sea of Thieves have made changes to accommodate me and Waves of Steel took a lot of feedback from me during development.
Space sims like X4 are a bit hit and miss since most of the game is fine, but certain regions and features are just brain bleeding to me.

That's...that's about it I think.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Sounds like you need Total War in your life.

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

Big Super Slapstick Hunk

ILL Machina posted:

Sounds like you need Total War in your life.

Oh I do have that yeah.

Anyways, back to OSHA talk.

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!
Toadal War:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

ILL Machina posted:

Solitaire, but only if he doesn't win.

dobbymoodge
Mar 8, 2005

Slugworth posted:

Solitaire, but only if he doesn't win.

:vince:

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

SerthVarnee posted:

Not precisely the CO2 alarms, but yes. A ton of construction vehicles, emergency vehicles and even digital price tag setups in our local store can give me a seizure without my meds at this point.
So yeah, I'm getting a bit single track minded on this subject, because all I have left in life is playing the games that don't kill me, taking care of my two dogs, taking my meds so I don't get a seizure from the sun reflecting off the lake during sunsets and shitposting here.

I can't even take a 2 hour trainride from Sweden to Denmark in order to attend a funeral on Thursday, cause my epilepsy is that bad and the sun peaking through the forest fucks me up for a whole day.
It sucks, but I can get why it gets tiresome for you guys to have me repeating myself over and over.

With epilepsy that severe, I assume you've considered and rejected RNS?

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

Big Super Slapstick Hunk

Phanatic posted:

With epilepsy that severe, I assume you've considered and rejected RNS?

So far I've only been offered medicine. I've only had one meeting with neurology, although I should be getting a second appointment sometime before new year's eve if they stop being heavily overbooked.
We'll see what they say at that point.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

American Hot Pie

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

lmao everyone knows you gotta let that poo poo cool down for 5 minutes

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

American Hot Pie

LOL

e,c:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DlfLthx89E

LifeSunDeath fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Nov 7, 2023

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador

CatstropheWaitress posted:

That format was cute the first couple times, but it's striking how few of them dig up unique clips. Don't think I could count on my toes how many times I've seen that guy backflip through a floorboard. The clips do remain very good.

Yeah I'm fairly certain I've seen that exact sequence of videos, just with another dude reacting a few months back.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Obviously not an Alabama Hot Pocket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Kith posted:

Ha, for once I know exactly where that is - it's just outside the new national museum [of arts and crafts] in Oslo. Can't say I've noticed that happening there, though.