Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
if tweetman posted here she would offer someone out in the waitrose car park and get banned within 2 days max

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I don't mean that tweetman. I mean our tweetman

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
I can't keep track

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

DesperateDan posted:

if tweetman posted here she would offer someone out in the waitrose car park and get banned within 2 days max

Ah, Lord Adonis, we hardly knew ye

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I'd forgotten about them! Thanks, I think.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Elon should do a podcast. He's a bit misunderstood and I think it would help to win people over to him a bit.

I saw an interesting quote the other day from a techbro. He said, paraphrasing slightly: "Elon Musk talked about cars. Now I don't know much about cars, so when people said he was a genius with cars I assumed that he was. Then Musk talked about rockets. I don't know much about rockets either, so when people said he was a genius with rockets I assumed that he was. Then Musk talked about programming. I do know a lot about programming, and what he was saying was the dumbest loving poo poo I've ever heard. So when people said he was a genius with software, I thought I didn't want anything to do with his cars or his rockets."

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Yeah Elons posts on twitter's back end and it's "problems" opened a lot of people's eyes to how dumb he is, atleast in the tech circles that had previously worshipped him.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Musk has always worked best when viewed abstractly, at a distance, because if you listen to him with even a basic understanding of the subject he quickly reveals himself to be loving moronic.

This is why his plan to buy and constantly post on Twitter has been such an undoing for him because suddenly people have to pay attention to an ultra-divorced weirdo who seems to have given himself brain damage and now rants about unwashed darkies flooding Europe and America and praises terrorists.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Tech Won’t Save Us has a four-part series on Elon Musk that can help people understand him a bit better

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

:sickos:

https://x.com/bbcnews/status/1721803921830670562?s=46

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

And so close Rembrance Sunday, no respect for our troops and their families

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I found it hard to accept that Matthew Perry had died given how important Friends was to me in my youth, but I don't think I can recover from finding out that Captain Tom's family spa will be destroyed.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
The final shart in the pool

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
This is an insult to the veterans of the battle of Spa, Belgium!

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Mrs Ingram-Moore, tear down that spa!

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

keep punching joe posted:

Mrs Ingram-Moore, tear down that spa!

This got an irl lol from me, great stuff.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I'm not surprised. But that planning decision is dog poo poo.

The original building should never have been approved. The amended version now denied planning permission, assuming the only change is the extra wing, is neither here nor there. The damage to the setting has already been done by the original building. It makes no sense.

Having said that, lol gently caress you.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Kin posted:

Not sure if anyone will know, but is there a law or something against businesses using public car parks as their personal company car park?

The nursery we use used to be a church once upon a time and the parking area behind it is kinda clearly linked to the building.

It's not owned by the nursery though so it's just regular free parking.

Problem is that it's small (maybe about 15 spaces) and a good half of them seem to be taken up by the same company vehicles or locals who leave their cars there for days at a time.

One company specifically has 2 large vans and a car that's dumped there almost every day.

It makes using the nursery a nightmare because you've no idea if you'll get a space or not.

It's doubly frustrating because there's a much larger car park that you have to drive through to even get to the one next to the nursery, which is also free (it's the parking for a GPs clinic).

The only reason I can think of that they use the nursery car park is because it's more secluded area.

I've used that bigger car park when I haven't been able to get a spot, but you have to go through a weird one way system to navigate back to it and getting an unwilling toddler into nursery doesn't get easier the further away you get from it.

As the car park isn’t owned by the nursery and it’s a free car park presumably owned by the local authority then there’s nothing that can really be done as nursery visitors have no more entitlement to use the spaces than any other road user does.

The nursery and locals may be able to persuade the local authority to install height barriers if vans are a problem, but any other solution would involve permits or introducing charges, neither of which is likely to be popular.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
How do you know those two large vans aren't being used to drop off several dozen toddlers? If anything that's a more efficient use of the parking space

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Microplastics posted:

How do you know those two large vans aren't being used to drop off several dozen toddlers? If anything that's a more efficient use of the parking space
My “no toddlers kept in van overnight” sticker has people asking a lot of questions already answered by the sticker

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Microplastics posted:

And in fact, if you were dropping off dozen of toddlers, you would be allowed park your van horizontal over multiple car parking spaces since you are still being more efficient than a car that drives up to a nursery, drops off 1-2 children and leaves.

In fact, you could leave the car parked over multiple car spots for a few days at a time for the next time you unload your unsecured cargo of toddlers as the Van driver is still a more efficient use of the parking space.

grobbo
May 29, 2014
https://twitter.com/flying_rodent/status/1721837886113288604

Hope everyone protesting stays safe this weekend, since Telegraph columnists are already preparing the argument that if you get decked by a fascist looking for a scrap, they were actually normal people gathering to 'defend the country' against your peaceful march.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/metpoliceuk/status/1721583495481364518

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
When a bunch of fash descended on Glasgow September 15 2014 to kick lumps out Indyref supporters it was reported as clashes between pro union and independence activists. It was actually the bnp and rangers hooligans on a rampage in the city centre for the day.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Armistice Weekend. Looking forward to Armistice Week next year, then Armistice Month and so on. Just to be respectful, you understand. No protests allowed

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Gentlemen! You can’t ask for a ceasefire in here, it’s armistice day!

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I'm not surprised. But that planning decision is dog poo poo.

The original building should never have been approved. The amended version now denied planning permission, assuming the only change is the extra wing, is neither here nor there. The damage to the setting has already been done by the original building. It makes no sense.

Having said that, lol gently caress you.

Just highlights that planning decisions are based on how much of a poo poo the council think you are.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Lol government to ban lease holds (except on flats).

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

keep punching joe posted:

Lol government to ban lease holds (except on flats).

That's... Interesting. How do they propose that will work with existing properties? Did they just become freeholds?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

I for one believe that the government that just failed to enact a ban on no-fault eviction is going to successfully pursue what amounts to land reform in its final year.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

ban on new leaseholds.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Ah lol, there's that trademark under-ambition.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

quote:

Public bodies will be banned from boycotting Israel under the Economic Activities of Public Bodies (Overseas Matters) Bill

bleak :lol: at announcing this while Israel kills 10000 people.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Good news about the NHS peeps.

Byeline Times posted:

Palantir’s founder Peter Thiel, said the NHS ‘makes people sick’ and that it should embrace privatisation. He even described the British love of the NHS as “Stockholm Syndrome”, and the whole organisation should be ripped up and started again.

https://northeastbylines.co.uk/the-problem-with-palantir/

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Going to tear up the NHS and replace it with the Torment Nexus.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Peter Thiel can give back all the stolen blood he's got.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

lmao and they said satire was dead

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Back on captain Tom for a minute. Having looked at his spa planning documents, theyve got a really big garden. I'm starting to question whether he ever heaved that zimmer frame round it for 100 laps. and theres a loving moat and heavily wooded areas to traverse too. I'd estimate a lap to be 450metres. 100 laps is like a marathon distance.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
They made that fucker work for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

That’s not where they were living at the time. Didn’t they buy the big house with their ill-gotten gains?