Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

New Duelist Cup announced already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Flair posted:

I got to the second to last round of part one and then just got so tired of seeing the same Kashtira combo over and over and over again with the only variation being some of them splashing into Kashtira Scareclaw or Tearlament for one different card on board.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Flair posted:

Why the gently caress is Duelist Cup the only event Konami runs on repeat

It's like ranked duel, but worse

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I want N/R event again :cry:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Skeleton Mom posted:

"exodia but it's an actual supported summoning mechanic" is such an obvious slam dunk that it's shocking it took this long for them to figure it out

Pokemon sorta did that too with V-Union though iirc it was kind of a bust

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

it was pokemon's second attempt at it after "Legend" cards, slotting in at 2 and 4 card exodias to compliment ygo's 3 and 5. Legends seemed to have been a flop due to being underpowered for the effort that went into them (though very cool collectors items), and while V-Union was appropriately strong, they had the issue of being thrown randomly into a format that already had a lot of supported gimmicks & never got dedicated support itself. they also had to release all of them as promos, realizing correctly that no kid was gonna be excited to pull mewtwo's right leg out of a booster pack, but this made distribution uneven so some regions didn't even have access to the cards

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Why the gently caress is Duelist Cup the only event Konami runs on repeat

It's like ranked duel, but worse

Cause Master Duel is a serious game for serious duelists. Just ignore the fact that it's best of 1, lacks a sideboard, is 6 months/1 year behind the paper game, and lacks a banlist that even remotely attempts to balance itself around best of 1. :v:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
speaking of sideboards, i think the one scariest/fun design space that YGO still needs to mine is stuff like Wish in MTG where you can pull sideboard cards during the match

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Skeleton Mom posted:

it was pokemon's second attempt at it after "Legend" cards, slotting in at 2 and 4 card exodias to compliment ygo's 3 and 5. Legends seemed to have been a flop due to being underpowered for the effort that went into them (though very cool collectors items), and while V-Union was appropriately strong, they had the issue of being thrown randomly into a format that already had a lot of supported gimmicks & never got dedicated support itself. they also had to release all of them as promos, realizing correctly that no kid was gonna be excited to pull mewtwo's right leg out of a booster pack, but this made distribution uneven so some regions didn't even have access to the cards

Also Pokemon's evolution system kinda makes them more inclined towards those 'specific card combos' anyway. That's just remixing how their core mechanics work.

If anything, despite being there from the jump, Exodia is the most 'unsupported gimmick' of the game, it's never worked in ways the rest of the game does.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Feeling kinda proud of myself. My opponent just uploaded a match he lost to Master Duel's Duel Live. Although it does mean dozens of people are going to witness me miss lethal with Magistus vs Black Wing because I forgot to summon a monster I searched...

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Here are some of the top 100 decklists from the DC Cup. The moment I encountered Ghostrick Purrely in DC, I knew that was going to be in the top 3:
https://www.masterduelmeta.com/articles/tournaments/duelist-cup/october-2023/report

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
For the first time in my almost two years of playing Master Duel, I won a duel by doming someone with a normal summoned Nibiru.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
New datamine leaks: https://www.masterduelmeta.com/articles/news/november-6-2023/master-duel-datamines

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Finally, hungry burger support

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

more top 100 DC decklists: https://roadoftheking.com/master-duel-duelist-cup-2023-october/

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Hilarious that Vanquish Soul comes out at full power before Rescue-ACE does.

Kill the cats please.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

TaurusOxford posted:

Kill the cats please.

It's so obnoxious. They can go first, set up their Towers monster, and even if you somehow manage to get rid of it, they'll still have drawn several cards, brought back a Purrely monster, and just completely set themselves up for the next turn.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy

TaurusOxford posted:

Kill the cats please.

Seriously, it's annoying a deck that obnoxious has gone this long without any hits.

Speaking of R-ACE though. I don't think I've seen a deck go from unplayable to actually good with a single card before. At least not to this degree. Promethean Princess really irons out most of the issues I had with the deck: she's interaction; she recovers your board; and she can get you to lethal. I've even gotten away with replacing cards to get to Hydrant with more handtraps and extenders. Would actually recommend the deck in this state.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Started playing again and was saving my gems up for VS but built mikanko instead cause I figured VS was at least 2+ months away. Still got like 6k so hopefully that's enough to get started on it.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
The leaks already shown this, but now it is officially released:

New selection pack with Vanquish Soul:

Exosister secret pack:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Razen, Valius, Mad Love, and Stake Your Soul all being URs is brutal.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

blizzardvizard posted:

Razen, Valius, Mad Love, and Stake Your Soul all being URs is brutal.

What the gently caress

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Cries in 48 UR.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy
I really don't want to craft 7 UR's for the funny burger deck.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
theyve been doing this poo poo in tcg as well. VS on release was like 5 urs or some poo poo, the new valiant smashers Centur-Ion poo poo is also like 5 URs. Komoney loving us again.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Iserlohn posted:

Just of the Nouvelles alone, you could probably get away with 2x field spell, 2x Poissoniere and 1x Baelgrille, saving you 60 UR dust.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
This Ritual fest banlist is wild.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Iserlohn posted:

Just pull them

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy
:eyepop:

I've only pulled the boring Cyberse cards...

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
speaking of gambling, i am very happy to have gotten a 25CR version of Gay Eldlich with the rarity collection, who i am never going to trade

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Nouvelle Dogmatika is an incredible deck.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Nouvelle Dogmatika is an incredible deck.

:yeah:

That’s my favorite variation of Nouvelles and boy is it fun going to locals, serving up some dishes and then pivoting to a horrifying abomination to rip out ED cards.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Master Duel is getting a free god card:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Gonna take purrely to locals folks. Never played paper before so I can't wait to see how badly I gently caress up and get called for illegal plays

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Gonna take purrely to locals folks. Never played paper before so I can't wait to see how badly I gently caress up and get called for illegal plays

Been throwing down cardboard for a while now and it’s awesome. Have fun

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
its a university group and not a serious locals so i hope the atmosphere is more casual for when i don't have a clue how to use cards when they aren't glowing yellow

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

its a university group and not a serious locals so i hope the atmosphere is more casual for when i don't have a clue how to use cards when they aren't glowing yellow

My group started off as a casual locals and my experience was great even though I didn’t know much the paper game. They were patient and extremely chill group so hopefully you have the same experience.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
nothing makes me feel more powerful these days than the sleepy memory/purrelyleap combo

like, gently caress it, draw +6 and summon towers during opponent's draw phase, why not

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Yeah I already find the modern game too convoluted to play in a simulator environment that automates a lot of things for you, I'd probably have an aneurysm trying to do it completely manually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Good news guys! New MD Banlist!

https://www.masterduelmeta.com/articles/news/november-22-2023/master-duel-forbidden-list-update

It's completely worthless! :v: