Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Content to Hover
Sep 11, 2009

Distorted Kiwi posted:

Just watched the segment, and it was legitimately loving hilarious.

Hopefully it'll get more donations in, too.

Forest & Bird presumably thinks the same apparently the show contacted them in advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
get in loser we're cancelling chlǒe

Green MP Chlöe Swarbrick defends 'river to the sea' chant used at pro-Palestine rally https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political/501853/green-mp-chloe-swarbrick-defends-river-to-the-sea-chant-used-at-pro-palestine-rally

Spyderizer
Feb 18, 2004
Does any country have a right to exist?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Spyderizer posted:

Does any country have a right to exist?

Unequivocally no

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
honestly that article could've been worse. like every equivalent discussion of the chant in every other country's media is worse

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I felt so unsafe!! - person in no danger whatsoever, genocide enjoyer

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Don't you understand? Look how scary she is!

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
ahhh that's the stuff. fact free wrestling promos about politicians

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Confusedslight posted:

Don't you understand? Look how scary she is!

Was the member Juliet Moses?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
It's really breaking some people's brains that they can't play the perpetual victim and commit a genocide at the same time

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Ghostlight posted:

i think it's okay to gently caress up a local competition but imo it would have been more polite to wait for a non-century year so that his fuckery was contained to only a single year.

Why did they make it bird of the century this year?
I almost feel as if they and John Oliver’s team had talked about this before and he came in because it was bird of the century. This boosts the profile of the competition and generates awareness of conservation issues and drives donations. This is a big win for Forest and Bird.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Hamas did some absolutely horrific poo poo

Israel is doing even more horrific poo poo

These statements are not contradictory

I just want the killing to stop

This article gave me a little tiny bit of hope but gently caress

https://www.spiegel.de/internationa...d4-9149f03fb8be

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Varkk posted:

It's the 100th anniversary of Forest and Bird this year.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

This article gave me a little tiny bit of hope but gently caress

You should try reading the articles about how Israel is selling gas and oil leases and exactly where the gas and oil deposits tend to be. That'll soon crush the hope right out of you.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Jewish combat organization did some absolutely horrific poo poo

Nazi Germany is doing even more horrific poo poo

These statements are not contradictory

I just want the killing to stop

Hope this helps

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Slavvy posted:

Hope this helps

Can you just stop being you for a while dude?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Can you just stop being you for a while dude?

That's exactly what the nazis said

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Let's nip this in the bud right here. Discussing the NZ media's piss-poor approach to the genocide in Gaza is fine, but this is still the NZPol thread and not the place to have a fight about it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Varkk posted:

I almost feel as if they and John Oliver’s team had talked about this before and he came in because it was bird of the century. This boosts the profile of the competition and generates awareness of conservation issues and drives donations. This is a big win for Forest and Bird.
it's definitely a huge win, and he got a good segment out of it.

we'll just have to wait another 100 years to find out who new zealand's bird of the century is

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

It'll be the humble pigeon, the only bird which survived the last 100 years.

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

voted gorse for bird of the century

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

Y'all spelling Piwakawaka weird.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

You're spelling "you're all" weird

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

yinz

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Youse

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010
I despise birds, loving asteroid dodgers. Every time one makes eye contact with me I remind it that mammals rule the world now.

Bush robins are cool though

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

new booster when

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Progressive JPEG posted:

new booster when

booster for what

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Venus mission

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.
You can get as many boosters as you want as long as its been 6 months since your last one, 5 months is the vaccine giver agrees, 4 months by prescription.

Pharmac is expecting pfizer to submit the new booster they have early 2024 for evaluation

That's all the information I know

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

klen dool posted:

Pharmac is expecting pfizer to submit the new booster they have early 2024 for evaluation

nice, that ought to be long enough for that one to be out of date too

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

carrionman posted:

I despise birds, loving asteroid dodgers. Every time one makes eye contact with me I remind it that mammals rule the world now.

Bush robins are cool though

asteroid dodgers

Content to Hover
Sep 11, 2009

Billy Te Kahika posted:

I shouldn’t have to go to jail

The 'find out' phase is my favourite bit.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

He's right, but what he means is "I shouldn't face any consequences" which is wrong. Kind of hosed up to profile him in the first place though.

Content to Hover
Sep 11, 2009

bike tory posted:

He's right, but what he means is "I shouldn't face any consequences" which is wrong. Kind of hosed up to profile him in the first place though.

Billy Te Kahika posted:

"Really, I shouldn't get anything at all"

District Court Judge Peter Winter posted:

(he had) exhibited no remorse to the offending other than remorse for himself

What do you mean by profile him? From my understanding if he had even attempted to show contrition it would have been a much lighter judgement.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Profile as in feature an in-depth interview with him as an entire piece where he gets to explain himself and the journalist does the bare minimum to contextualise. It was a bad article that shouldn't have been run.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters
rnz should have kept the tankie who kept editing the articles

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.
What they got instead was extra scrutiny on Reuters stories to make sure they haven't changed in accordance with their contract with Reuters.

Interesting, according to some friend in the industry, this sort of editing wouldn't happen in larger orgs like the BBC because their readership is so big that there are members of the public who will compare Reuters to BBC as a hobby and they'd have been found out immediately lol

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Apparently a kid got hit with a shovel at the rally for Gaza in Tāmaki this afternoon. Like a little primary school aged kid. Still not seeing it in the media anywhere though, has anyone seen/heard anything?

e: https://twitter.com/TameeOliveFern/status/1723558140736917749

voiceless anal fricative fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Nov 12, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
The photo of the ground. Jfc