Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Panfilo posted:

Also I seem to recall a game that would randomly generate your avatar based on your Steam ID number or something and gamers flipped the gently caress out over being forced to a huge black dude lmao.

Rust, one of the big survival games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

OwlFancier posted:

The gay allure is so powerful that it must be hidden, as anyone who comprehends True Gay will invariably want to do it and find it infinitely better than heterosexuality.

Some people apparently do actually believe some variation of that and it's baffling.

It's like they experience some kind of brain glitch when they process the complementary ideas that "sex leads to procreation" and "except gay sex not so much" and they just flip out over the specter of humanity just loving dying out overnight.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Data Graham posted:

It's like they experience some kind of brain glitch when they process the complementary ideas that "sex leads to procreation" and "except gay sex not so much" and they just flip out over the specter of humanity just loving dying out overnight.

Ten billion goddamn people, but their depopulation conspiracies act like the planet will be cleaned out like it's a black Friday sale overnight.

You'd think they'd be less worried about an immigration 'invasion' if they really believed depopulation is happening. Gee I wonder why...

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Rust easily has the most vile and capital G gamer userbase I have ever seen, they ruin the game

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I once was straight, but now I'm queer
Was cis but now I'm free

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Data Graham posted:

"just make lara croft sexy again" is up there with saddest six-word phrases ever written

History Comes Inside! posted:

I lived through the 90s and I still can’t believe people ever found this to be sexy to the point that they’d spend hours trying out fake nude cheats they read on the internet instead of just using that same internet to look at real boobs

Endlessly funny watching all the strongest internet alpha males deflate like SpongeBob's anchor arms at the sight of a breast reduction. They're like an inverted Achilles where everything about them is made out of sugar glass except for one indestructible eyelash.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

I had friends who had to have breast reductions because despite what masturbatory fantasies will tell you there are genuine health and pain issues with having large breasts, as well as trans friends who have had top surgery, but there's a non-stop parade of lovely dudes who act like we've somehow hit Peak Tit and that huge mommy milkers are endangered.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Which is patently absurd because if we had the medical technology there would absolutely be people who would treat their bodies like their skyrim install and put as much tit and/or dong on them as possible.

The sticking point appears to be that they don't get to make that decision for other people.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

OwlFancier posted:

The gay allure is so powerful that it must be hidden, as anyone who comprehends True Gay will invariably want to do it and find it infinitely better than heterosexuality.

Some people apparently do actually believe some variation of that and it's baffling.

https://youtu.be/s7YW045deBY?si=ClgAYuZDgyVOMaiS

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

boobs have become woke

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Read After Burning posted:

It's exactly this. Hence the latest bullshit of "CIS IS A SLUR"! When you point out the obvious ("Okay, so is referring to someone as white or straight or able-bodied also a slur?"), a good percent of them will go "JUST SAY 'NORMAL'!!!"

Same with straight in the early 2000s. It's all just a repeat of the same homophobia that's been following society for loving ever

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Neito posted:

I had friends who had to have breast reductions because despite what masturbatory fantasies will tell you there are genuine health and pain issues with having large breasts, as well as trans friends who have had top surgery, but there's a non-stop parade of lovely dudes who act like we've somehow hit Peak Tit and that huge mommy milkers are endangered.

I wonder if that's just eternally an issue that you can't solve like 'the heavier you are the more strain you put on your legs' or if we could cure that like polio if we (America) just put 700 billion dollars towards medicine instead of our military.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

kazil posted:

boobs have become woke

No... no!!!

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

kazil posted:

boobs have become woke

When boobs are woke the nipples point up. When boobs are asleep the nipples point down.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Vib Rib posted:

Yeah, every time I hear people talk about this poo poo I'm reminded of the release of GTA:San Andreas, and the actual petitions people made leading up to its release demanding Rockstar add a "white person mode".

Another hole in the "women can't pretend" angle is... literally any woman who plays games up to the present day? Video games have been so thoroughly dominated by male protagonists that you'd basically have to be claiming only men have ever played video games. Which, I realize on typing it, is something a lot of these guys actually do believe.

I think it was in one of the old funny twitter threads in cspam where a goon once said they were a woman and only play games where they can play as a woman and it was the most powerful troll I've ever seen. Pages of indignant "you'll miss this game!" and "you'll miss that game!"

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

RareAcumen posted:

I wonder if that's just eternally an issue that you can't solve like 'the heavier you are the more strain you put on your legs' or if we could cure that like polio if we (America) just put 700 billion dollars towards medicine instead of our military.

I'm sure you could solve it with titanium bones and cybermuscles, but otherwise it's just that it's a load at an awkward angle for your back muscles to support.

OwlFancier posted:

Which is patently absurd because if we had the medical technology there would absolutely be people who would treat their bodies like their skyrim install and put as much tit and/or dong on them as possible.

The sticking point appears to be that they don't get to make that decision for other people.

Nope, then you're lying. The only way to be a good person is to be born with an F cup chest.

But if you let people see it you're a whore.

... Women really can't win in the modern era, can they.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Neito posted:

I'm sure you could solve it with titanium bones and cybermuscles, but otherwise it's just that it's a load at an awkward angle for your back muscles to support.

That's why I'm going to experiment with plantigrade mecha legs

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I wanted to say something like, imagine if there had been almost no playable straight white dudes in the entire history of gaming, how much these people would fiend over a single example, how much they'd pour onto any game that let them build such a character, and yet they have the audacity to roll their eyes when a black woman is playable because "surely black women can just suspend their disbelief and play as a white guy, it's just a game!"
...but you don't have to imagine, they do this literally any time a nonwhite or female or minority character is the lead, already, now. There's no need to imagine how desperate they'd be at 5% representation, because they're already mad about 99% representation. A single non-representative character drives them mad, they literally boycotted GTA for having a black man, and they still want to talk down to people about how they need to just suspend their disbelief.

Neito posted:

But if you let people see it you're a whore.
And if you don't, you're a prude, tease, etc.

Panfilo posted:

They didn't really notice women playing games until it became a culture war thing. Or, they'll pretzel logic themselves into putting women into two groups-the based gamer girls that don't buy into any of the alphabet nonsense and a shrill loud minority granted a godlike amount of clout to make all their video game babes nothing more than a genderless blob with a blue undercut.
Important to note they still hate both groups!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Desert Bus posted:

When boobs are woke the nipples point up. When boobs are asleep the nipples point down.

That's boob extremism, I'm more of a boob centrist

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
i have said many times and will continue to say that the whole bald white guy protagonist problem during previous generations and sometimes still now is developers being cowards dodging the problem of modelling hair.

take a chance!

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

kazil posted:

i too like to see both sides of the issue

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

kazil posted:

I think that's only an option in total recall.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Light Gun Man posted:

i have said many times and will continue to say that the whole bald white guy protagonist problem during previous generations and sometimes still now is developers being cowards dodging the problem of modelling hair.

take a chance!

Alice: Madness Returns pulled it off on the PS3. :colbert:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

the wokes nowadays are dodging attacks by turning into butterflies and stabbing the embodiment of their trauma with a knife

(that game still looks very cool IMO)

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Tomb raider reboot tried with tress effects and ended up with something resembling a flailing spider on Lara Croft's head :v:

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Vib Rib posted:

A single non-representative character drives them mad, they literally boycotted GTA for having a black man, and they still want to talk down to people about how they need to just suspend their disbelief.

wait what, was this san andreas or did they get mad at franklin for being one of the THREE characters in gta5

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Arivia posted:

wait what, was this san andreas or did they get mad at franklin for being one of the THREE characters in gta5

I don't know that was an official "boycott" of San Andreas, per se, but you can look back and find GTA forums posts from 2005 and 2006 (the game was released in 2004) asking where all the white women CJ mods are at.

Here's just a few examples...there's of course some 2006-era "discourse" (aka slurs), etc. in here.

https://gtaforums.com/topic/230314-change-skin-color-cj/
https://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=53
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/914983-grand-theft-auto-san-andreas/45322336

I definitely saw some screeching about boycotting when GTA6 was hinted (confirmed?) to have a lady as a playable character.

As a more light-hearted :lol:, I found multiple instances of people asking what the "Crip cheat code" for San Andreas is. :allears:

OwlFancier posted:

the wokes nowadays are dodging attacks by turning into butterflies and stabbing the embodiment of their trauma with a knife

(that game still looks very cool IMO)

I loved it to pieces when it came out, I've been meaning to go back and replay it!

Read After Burning has a new favorite as of 00:01 on Nov 8, 2023

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

kazil posted:

The center of the boob is the most interesting and important!!!

!!!

!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Journey to the Center of the Boob.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

I think it was in one of the old funny twitter threads in cspam where a goon once said they were a woman and only play games where they can play as a woman and it was the most powerful troll I've ever seen. Pages of indignant "you'll miss this game!" and "you'll miss that game!"

I want to say that was a poster in the things dragging games down thread

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
If you want to see a big, centrist boob, just turn off your monitor.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

I know it isn't but this sounds like an Avshalom thing

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Platystemon posted:

Or watch Kung Pow.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

I don't know that was an official "boycott" of San Andreas, per se, but you can look back and find GTA forums posts from 2005 and 2006 (the game was released in 2004) asking where all the white women CJ mods are at.

There was also the discourse surrounding 4, where people specifically commented on finding the Eastern European immigrant and former soldier a more 'relatable' character than CJ. Central themes of 5 included the protagonist not feeling at home in the US and dealing with family debt and old world obligations. He was white though.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Platystemon posted:

How loving dare you call me a centrist

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Kuros posted:

Or watch Kung Pow.

It looks like a toe

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Toes are the boobs of the feet.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

OwlFancier posted:

If you lose one it throws off your gait?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

OwlFancier posted:

This is why foot fetishists get away with so much when they're ogling a woman's open toed shoes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

OwlFancier posted:

Panfilo posted:

This is why foot fetishists get away with so much when they're ogling a woman's open toed shoes.

Yeah, that's already a Thing:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toe_cleavage

Looks like it started in fashion but has also been adopted by, uh, foot enthusiasts.

Len posted:

I want to say that was a poster in the things dragging games down thread

Unless I'm thinking of a different incident, I think it came up in the Switch thread because me and An Actual Princess were complaining about how the playable characters in Live A Live are all dudes.