Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Doesn't seem like there's anything new for the final few weeks,

Noooot quite! There's a new puzzle in the Imbaru Engine, a new cutscene once it's completed, and the community is poring over it because it may contain the 15th wish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
If you don't have a Rufus or quicksilver, that roll on old sterling v nice

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Listerine posted:

Does anyone have a headset they like using (compatible with PS5)?

Wireless or wired?

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

haveblue posted:

Wireless or wired?

Wireless preferably, my PS5 is a little far from the couch. But I'll take all recs if something is worth the hassle of a cable.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Imbaru Engine:

https://imgur.com/a/9OL4QFQ

lmao

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Ope https://twitter.com/destinythegame/status/1722024876339257465?s=46&t=DT925tMY54SwGEv9vbPHUw

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Well poo poo that's a cool way to do that at least.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The final season of the year is twice as long as usual and we're dealing with a cocooned monster on the Dreaming City while the Wrathborn try to stop us

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The final season of the year is twice as long as usual and we're dealing with a cocooned monster on the Dreaming City while the Wrathborn try to stop us

The worst part is everyone trapped in the curse is aware of it

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Well, I'm totally stumped on the puzzle, so I click on the thread to see if anybody else is struggling with it and just totally get spoiled on the thing that the puzzle was going to reveal.

That feels really, really bad!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

MJeff posted:

Well, I'm totally stumped on the puzzle, so I click on the thread to see if anybody else is struggling with it and just totally get spoiled on the thing that the puzzle was going to reveal.

It’s a bad game yes

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

MJeff posted:

Sorry about that

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

:monocle:

e: So does this mean thick Ahamkara thighs or what

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

RBA Starblade posted:

Sorry about that

No, you spoiler tagged your poo poo and Bungie posted the tweet for public consumption, so it's fair game to post in the thread untagged. I'm just annoyed because I had figured out the rest of the Imbaru Engine by myself and I couldn't get this one and it would've been really cool to find that poo poo out for myself, but just seeing it in a tweet instead and then having to crawl to a youtube video to get the cutscene just.....bums me out.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

MJeff posted:

I'm just annoyed because I had figured out the rest of the Imbaru Engine by myself and I couldn't get this one and it would've been really cool to find that poo poo out for myself, but just seeing it in a tweet instead and then having to crawl to a youtube video to get the cutscene just.....bums me out.

put that on the box for D3

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

MJeff posted:

I'm just annoyed because I had figured out the rest of the Imbaru Engine by myself
How the gently caress did you figure out the floating shapes? Even esoterickk's guide is like "shoot this one - idk why, but its definitely this one."

I did notice that the icon for the imbaru engine had a weird spinny thing around it, but I just assumed it had always been there.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Bobby Deluxe posted:

How the gently caress did you figure out the floating shapes? Even esoterickk's guide is like "shoot this one - idk why, but its definitely this one."

I did notice that the icon for the imbaru engine had a weird spinny thing around it, but I just assumed it had always been there.

Used the little platforms on the sides so my line of sight had the proper floating shape aligned with the proper door.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Imbaru Engine's been cool and a nice change of pace, btw. I hope they do more stuff like it in the future. It's nice not just turbomurdering everything and just dicking around a bit!

e: That said lmao how cool and dumb the end of this season is. Double lol since I just loving got the Cursebreaker title. I wonder if anyone even noticed Savathun's wing pattern. The new shader is amazing too

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Nov 8, 2023

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!

Lmao

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

There's also a radio message once you do the thing.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
the last wish is literally the raid, adding a 15th wish is so loving funny

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

muike posted:

If you really think about it, there can be a billion wishes and still a last wish, the ahamkara are tricky like that

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The last wish is i wish people would stop making fun of this game!!

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Is the last wish the last wish that was made or the last wish that was granted? :thunk:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

muike posted:

For realsies lol

All of Lightfall & most of Year 6 were stitched in between WQ and TFS in a very obvious way, and stuff like this is just extra silly

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I always thought Last Wish was supposed to be a double entendre between killing the thing that technically really killed Cayde for him + the antagonist being a wish-granter

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002
Is there a guide to help find remaining opaque cards? Based on position in the deck, I'm missing card 16 and card 59. I can't seem to find a guide that breaks it down that way to find individual cards. I've only seen guides that go through finding every single card, which will be a huge chore to narrow down finding the two cards I'm missing.

For reference, I'm missing the card after "VI of Swords", and the card after "IX of Tablets", if that helps narrow it down at all.

Halibut Barn
May 30, 2005

help

IkeTurner posted:

Is there a guide to help find remaining opaque cards? Based on position in the deck, I'm missing card 16 and card 59. I can't seem to find a guide that breaks it down that way to find individual cards. I've only seen guides that go through finding every single card, which will be a huge chore to narrow down finding the two cards I'm missing.

For reference, I'm missing the card after "VI of Swords", and the card after "IX of Tablets", if that helps narrow it down at all.

The first one is the IX of Crystals, which is the seventh semi-hidden card in Savathun's Spire. When you reach the big open room with pillars and portals on the pillars, after the swinging lanterns on the walkways, turn back around towards where you came from and there's an opening to the right leading to a small alcove with the card.

The second one is the X of Crystals. Also in Savathun's Spire, when you get to the spot where it splits into four portals and there's a set of runes in the middle telling you which portal, the card is behind the runes.

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002

Halibut Barn posted:

The first one is the IX of Crystals, which is the seventh semi-hidden card in Savathun's Spire. When you reach the big open room with pillars and portals on the pillars, after the swinging lanterns on the walkways, turn back around towards where you came from and there's an opening to the right leading to a small alcove with the card.

The second one is the X of Crystals. Also in Savathun's Spire, when you get to the spot where it splits into four portals and there's a set of runes in the middle telling you which portal, the card is behind the runes.

Thanks!!

Edit: This worked, got both. Thanks!

IkeTurner fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Nov 8, 2023

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

quote:

"The Last Wish was the raid! The last wish was the raid!" i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a blue engram

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
On the one hand, I am one of the "The Last Wish is the raid" believers and this is probably, in the most technical and petty sense imaginable, a retcon.

On the other, they never explicitly confirmed it and we're getting an Ahamkara season, who gives a gently caress.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

A wish for 50% increased revenue

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

MJeff posted:

On the one hand, I am one of the "The Last Wish is the raid" believers and this is probably, in the most technical and petty sense imaginable, a retcon.

On the other, they never explicitly confirmed it and we're getting an Ahamkara season, who gives a gently caress.

I don't really disagree with "the last wish is the raid" conclusion, but "there was a datamined 15th wish in the files" is sort of the perfect metanarrative bullshit hook for a game that teases and toys with entities being aware that there is something beyond the game, particularly considering Ahamkara have previous been tied in with those themes. That said, there was definitely something that felt a little cheesy about a cutscene that literally feature the player character finding "The Last Wish" in what almost felt like an oddly convenient way.

I kind of wonder if The Wish Wall will feature in some of the mechanics next season? I assume we'll probably get a different copy of it so they don't have to touch the spaghetti code of the raid, but now I'm wondering if we might get an exotic mission that borrows some Last Wish mechanics like Seraph Station borrowed from DSC.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

MJeff posted:

I don't think "The Last Wish raid is the 15th Wish" has ever really held up. The 15 wishes are wishes made on the Wall of Wishes. We know there are 15 because of the lore book Wall of Wishes.

The Last Wish raid isn't a wish made on the Wall of Wishes via the symbolic language, it's the active wish of our Guardians in combat. It would be weird for it to be the 15th wish in the Wall of Wishes book.

The Last Wish is still the last wish made to Riven, it's just not the 15th Wish from the Wall of Wishes book. There's some deliberate mislead between the 15th wish vs The Last Wish, which fits perfectly with Savathun and a wish-granting creature (letter of the wish vs spirit stuff).

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

*snorting rails of wish powder off Riven*

Just one last motherfuckin' wish dam,nit

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It's very funny that "the 15th wish", a random piece of cut content, only became important because the community became obsessed with finding it, and now it's been written back into the game as super important all along

IkeTurner posted:

For anyone else's future reference:

This is missing only the brand new card that unlocked yesterday, which is in plain sight on top of a pillar in altars of summoning (turn right after spawning in)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

haveblue posted:

It's very funny that "the 15th wish", a random piece of cut content, only became important because the community became obsessed with finding it, and now it's been written back into the game as super important all along

That is some incredibly Ahamkara poo poo, to be fair.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

haveblue posted:

Yup. This feels like a case of "What is one last thing our fans really wanted to see?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Who cares about dreaming city poo poo are we getting reprised Garden of Salvation weapons or not?