Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I'd have like to have seen Hyrule Castle Town get built up as the game progressed, instead its just empty ruins with nothing going on, less than BOTW as there's no Guardians patrolling around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
You mean the town right under the hovering death cloud castle? I'm personally ok with that being left alone.

Though it would've been nice to see Lookout Landing expand-a-band-band a little. The neat thing about palisades is that they are pretty easy to move if you're holding the inside.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

You mean the town right under the hovering death cloud castle? I'm personally ok with that being left alone.

Though it would've been nice to see Lookout Landing expand-a-band-band a little. The neat thing about palisades is that they are pretty easy to move if you're holding the inside.

Take over the monster camps once they're cleared. All you need to do is set up cages where the respawn at blood moon...

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Just Andi Now posted:

It's time to set another Zelda in North Hyrule so we can get a lore dump about why they named a village after Mido.

North Hyrule, officially the Democratic People's Republic of Hyrule, has been ruled by the Mido family for millennia. Why wouldn't they name a village after them?

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Birds do not want you to know any more than you already do.
Had to dig through my album to find it but this is my favorite disastrous Hudson sign task:

:thunk: this was not our best work, Addison

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

effika posted:

Had to dig through my album to find it but this is my favorite disastrous Hudson sign task:

:thunk: this was not our best work, Addison
the best way to complete addison tasks is not to do them in the most efficient way, but to do them in the stupidest possible way that still works

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
That’s exactly what I do, just not on purpose. I said it earlier there’s no way I’m doing it the intended way.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Is there a fun payoff for doing all of those? Not that I want to or was ever going to, but I'm just curious. I know it's all good-natured being a Nintendo game but Addison always kind of creeped me out after I finally made it to Tarrey Town.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Jimbot posted:

Is there a fun payoff for doing all of those? Not that I want to or was ever going to, but I'm just curious. I know it's all good-natured being a Nintendo game but Addison always kind of creeped me out after I finally made it to Tarrey Town.

You get a Hudson Construction glider fabric.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Development of a Live-Action Film of The Legend of Zelda to Start

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/corporate/release/en/2023/231108.html

quote:

Nintendo Co., Ltd. (HQ: Kyoto Minami-ku; Representative Director and President: Shuntaro Furukawa, "Nintendo" hereafter) today announced that it will develop a live-action film of The Legend of Zelda.

The film will be produced by Shigeru Miyamoto, Representative Director and Fellow of Nintendo and Avi Arad, Chairman of Arad Productions Inc., who has produced many mega hit films.

The film will be produced by Nintendo and Arad Productions Inc., and directed by Wes Ball. The film will be co-financed by Nintendo and Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., with more than 50% financed by Nintendo. The theatrical distribution of the film will be done worldwide by Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc.

Live action is a surprising choice, but we’re definitely dodging a bullet by not having an Illumunation 3D animated film. Wish they had gone with traditional 2D though.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

MokBa posted:

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/corporate/release/en/2023/231108.html

Live action is a surprising choice, but we’re definitely dodging a bullet by not having an Illumunation 3D animated film. Wish they had gone with traditional 2D though.

Tom Holland plays Link, just putting it out there right now

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Asterite34 posted:

Tom Holland plays Link, just putting it out there right now

My rupees are on Timothee Chalamet.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Tilda Swinton

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

lol. lmao

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I don't envy who they get to play Link. Whoever it is someone will be pissed off. Hope they avoid their socials for the rest of time after they are cast.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

MokBa posted:

Whoa, I never would've guessed that. I figured *if* they ever made a film it'd be computer animated, even if it wasn't sticking to the Mario one's style. No idea what to expect here, it seems like a bigger gamble than animation though.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
how are they going to make a Smash CU if you got a live action movie and an animated

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Chris Pratt cast to play Link.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The best house are a closed stack of rooms you can only ascend into.

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

Do you think I've got the goods Bubblegum? Cuz I am INTO this stuff!

Do you think they'll let Link talk? Or will he have no dialogue and only speak in grunts and yells?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Good-Natured Filth posted:

Do you think they'll let Link talk? Or will he have no dialogue and only speak in grunts and yells?

Link breaks a bunch of pots

shopkeep: "well THAT happened!"

people who hate Marvel: *shudder*

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Just the fact that they're not giving it to Illumination is better than I expected

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Good-Natured Filth posted:

They'll totally give Link dialogue, the thing would be unfilmable otherwise unless you're going for experimental award-bait, and this is a loving videogame movie. It's not like Link is in-universe mute, he DOES talk, it's just that the player isn't privy to it to allow easier immersion into the character. In a non-interactive medium it's not really a concern.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
DiCaprio circa Titanic as Link.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

On the other hand, Nic Cage made a whole movie where his character doesn't talk. I think he has another in him, I say we give him the part

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

galagazombie posted:

DiCaprio circa Titanic as Link.

Zelda's under 25 so this could work

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Pretty sure OoT Link was literally modeled after DiCaprio, but I could be wrong. That was a very popular fancast at the time.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

To be fair, Zelda as a concept does lend itself better to live action/CG than Mario does but as mentioned it’s gonna take some work to sell this to the average viewer as more than just Yet Another Fantasy/Adventure Movie

Larryb fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Nov 8, 2023

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I have zero faith that this will be good. None. I expect to pretend it doesn't exist like the CDI games shortly after it releases.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Manoueverable posted:

I have zero faith that this will be good. None. I expect to pretend it doesn't exist like the CDI games shortly after it releases.

Well if Nintendo is putting up more than half and miyamoto is behind it then it has a chance

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
bold of them to attempt to make a movie about zelda, the game where the primary gameplay loop is ignoring the main plot to go help a guy find chickens for the better part of an hour

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Zelda's under 25 so this could work

I thought she was 10,120 in the latest one

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Alan Smithee posted:

how are they going to make a Smash CU if you got a live action movie and an animated

roger rabbit that poo poo

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

If they can have the Hulk walking around with a bunch of live action actors and not raise too many eyebrows, they can do it with Mario

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

Do you think I've got the goods Bubblegum? Cuz I am INTO this stuff!

They're probably going to try to rerelease Legend as a new movie, aren't they? The title is partway there already!

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
As an ardent fan of the first Mario movie, I'm still shocked they went with live action. Who would play Zelda, Link and most importantly Tingle?!

Actually Jack Black as Tingle would be baller.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I hope they make link a twink in the movie.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Donkringel posted:

Actually Jack Black as Tingle would be baller.

He was one of two good voice performances (Fred Armisen being the other) in the new mario movie, so I'm on board with this casting.

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Exactly. You need that young twink vibe for a good Link. Some up-and-coming young actor we've never heard of would probably be the best choice.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Jimbot posted:

I don't envy who they get to play Link. Whoever it is someone will be pissed off. Hope they avoid their socials for the rest of time after they are cast.

If they pick a lefty i think many of the hardcore fans would be fine regardless of who it is