Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rich thick and creamy
May 23, 2005

To whip it, Whip it good
Pillbug

El Fideo posted:

Alex mispronounces a lot of words, we all know that. "Stephen Cohbert" "Ozymandamous" "Suh-TAHR." It's not a shock, it's a symptom of how lazy, careless, and uncurious he is. But "Nick Foyntes" is still absolutely bewildering to me. He lives in motherfucking Texas. I know he's heard that name plenty of times before!

I've started to notice Alex's problem with the letter 'V' and pronouncing it as 'B': Ebil (Evil), Hab (Have), Con-serb-a-tibs (Conservatives)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

rich thick and creamy posted:

I've started to notice Alex's problem with the letter 'V' and pronouncing it as 'B': Ebil (Evil), Hab (Have), Con-serb-a-tibs (Conservatives)

Articulation errors are totally normal and the child will typically overcome these naturally as they develop. V to b is very common, th to d is very common (da instead of the), L to w is very common (wittle instead of little)

Don’t worry, a little speech therapy and the tot will be fine

What’s that? 50 year old man? Cocaine habit? Falldown barely functional alcoholic?

Oh…

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Patton Oswald had a bit about getting b-word fat. I've got a linguistics degree so it's not great nor is it particularly hilarious, but I always think about it when I hear Alex.

https://youtu.be/6TBBQb3mYhQ?si=PBQLRN9urzWpzYaj

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Pretty often I saw people talking about the v to b thing he does. The way he says "ebidence" is usually the go-to. I never noticed it much myself though until recently. He's either getting worse about it or I just developed an ear for hearing it all the time.

It still isnt something that drives me crazy like it seems to others sometimes but I do hear it now.

Tree Dude fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Nov 1, 2023

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I'm too busy being driven insane by Jordan's verbal tics to care about Alex's.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

I've always assumed that it's just something he picked up from putting on his Limbaugh impersonation for over 20 years and at some point, it stopped being an act. Because I feel like it's so much more pronounced whenever we get an episode about 2000's era Alex that his voice gets on my nerves way more than modern Alex.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
It's like when Limbaugh died, Jones thought "Finally, I can fully steal his act!" and just went whole hog on everything Rush was about (being an intentionally dense rear end in a top hat).

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mercury_Storm posted:

It's like when Limbaugh died, Jones thought "Finally, I can fully steal his act!" and just went whole hog on everything Rush was about (being an intentionally dense rear end in a top hat).

He definitely is stealing rush’s close up magic obsession

Rush could make pills disappear like nobody else, and Alex has been hard at work learning how to make something disappear, i am just not sure if it is pills or powder or just whiskey

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
I can tell some of it comes from his Dallas accent on top of trying to throw on that froggy Rush Limbaugh thing he does.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Pennsylvanian posted:

I can tell some of it comes from his Dallas accent on top of trying to throw on that froggy Rush Limbaugh thing he does.

There's a lot of early Howard Stern style phrasing and vocals patterns in there as well. It's hard to put a finger on it, but it shows up a lot in earlier clips, and sometimes lately when he's all hyped up on "coffee".

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
Today's episode has been a really nice reprieve from current events! Alex's "I'm not mad at the crew" and "Maybe you'll never see me again" bits are evergreen.

e: he IS mad at the crew.

LASER BEAM DREAM fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Nov 3, 2023

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
I am terrified by the prospect of "the Chicken-Fried Psychotic Steak" actually being a major sub-clinical event and not just a completely made-up yarn.

The (Br/St)eak.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
stackies.substack.com

I'm glad they didn't let Dan have substackies. Just stackies is cleaner and funnier imo.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Does anyone know if alex did go on the month break he threatened

Because if he is just gonna go back on another vacation, on one hand lol, on the other hand jfc

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

rotinaj posted:

Does anyone know if alex did go on the month break he threatened

Because if he is just gonna go back on another vacation, on one hand lol, on the other hand jfc

Thursday 11/2 had him do a video hit from some porch overlooking some woods to open then it was all guest hosts.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I am surprised it wasn’t stated during today’s KF episode but I bet some bad news came down from one of Alex’s many court cases causing the meltdown

Hopefully the bankruptcy

Hopefully the court told him they are gonna start waking him up in the mornings with a bullwhip to the face

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
The banned dot video upload was also super hosed up for awhile on the 11/1 ep. It might still be. And the Thursday ep was way late in being uploaded so I’m leaning towards legit staffing problems.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

0konner posted:

The banned dot video upload was also super hosed up for awhile on the 11/1 ep. It might still be. And the Thursday ep was way late in being uploaded so I’m leaning towards legit staffing problems.

:thatsrad:

One thing i have been hopeful about with jones, trump, guiliani et al, is that being in all these court cases at least has to be making all of them have bad emotions a lot of the time

And that is the worst thing i can wish upon someone, to be consumed with the bad emotions and have anxiety and fear and constant worry. It may have bad medical repercussions down the road or not, but it definitely is making their day to day life worse

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
On the other hand, if it truly was bad news from his lawyers, then I struggle to wonder what more it could be. There was a bankruptcy hearing in two weeks, but it was postponed until the end of the month.

I also have to wonder if his lawyers, fully aware that they're unlikely to get paid from any of this, aren't limiting their involvement in Alex's affairs to the bare necessities only. Given that, what would they feel it prudent to inform him of anything? It's not like he'd listen.

Dan's theory that it is staffing problems following Owen going to prison makes more sense to me for the current moment.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Morroque posted:

On the other hand, if it truly was bad news from his lawyers, then I struggle to wonder what more it could be. There was a bankruptcy hearing in two weeks, but it was postponed until the end of the month.

I also have to wonder if his lawyers, fully aware that they're unlikely to get paid from any of this, aren't limiting their involvement in Alex's affairs to the bare necessities only. Given that, what would they feel it prudent to inform him of anything? It's not like he'd listen.

Dan's theory that it is staffing problems following Owen going to prison makes more sense to me for the current moment.

Owen might be a clown but he's still Alex's second in command. With no Owen he's probably having to do more than he wants and Alex is a lazy fat gently caress at the best of times.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Everyone at Infowars must have the sense they're circling the drain and people are leaving or half-assing their job.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Lmao that Joel Gilbert guy ended up hosting the last two hours of Alex’s show as a full infomercial for his Michelle Obama movie on Friday.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

0konner posted:

Lmao that Joel Gilbert guy ended up hosting the last two hours of Alex’s show as a full infomercial for his Michelle Obama movie on Friday.

Jesus, how do you do an informercial longer than the movie (1:45, I checked.) :shrug:

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Jones brags to Stern about how brave he is for not walking around outside without bodyguards. Flash forward ten years and Alex doesn't leave the house without a 7 man security detail.

loving unreal.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Thats because he is so much more important now, as the one man holding the line against the globalist woke jew forces

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

why didn't he lie about having an average-to-small dick like he does everything else?

"hey you got a 6 inch dick?"

*shits the bed*

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Pretty sure this hasn't been mentioned in the thread, but over at alexjonesisanidiot.com Dan has posted his page by page breakdown of Alex's book

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

Froghammer posted:

Pretty sure this hasn't been mentioned in the thread, but over at alexjonesisanidiot.com Dan has posted his page by page breakdown of Alex's book

Thanks. That'll be a nice weekend read.

I've kind of wanted to do the same thing with Ben Shapiro's True Allegiance novel, but the problem is that beyond its hideous politics, hackneyed characters, and nonsensical story, True Allegiance is littered with grammar/syntax errors, poor sentence structure, and misused punctuation to the point that a page-by-page entry like this could be the only way to properly tear it down.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Coquito Ergo Sum posted:

Thanks. That'll be a nice weekend read.

I've kind of wanted to do the same thing with Ben Shapiro's True Allegiance novel, but the problem is that beyond its hideous politics, hackneyed characters, and nonsensical story, True Allegiance is littered with grammar/syntax errors, poor sentence structure, and misused punctuation to the point that a page-by-page entry like this could be the only way to properly tear it down.

The multipart behind the bastards series does a pretty great job of this.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Alex will never look at the site because he is unwilling to type the eponymous URL. Though, honestly, I still question if Alex is even cognizant of Knowledge Fight. I know that his subordinates do and even reached out, but Alex strikes me as a honorary boomer who has completely siloed his internet experience. Also, he’s loving stupid.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Dan was literally sitting across from him in one of the depositions. He knows. He just has enough of a brain to not talk about it.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Grand Fromage posted:

Dan was literally sitting across from him in one of the depositions. He knows. He just has enough of a brain to not talk about it.

That is what convinces me. Alex didn’t recognize Dan then or after. Just another generic beardy lawyer he had to endure.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Marsupial Ape posted:

That is what convinces me. Alex didn’t recognize Dan then or after. Just another generic beardy lawyer he had to endure.

I forgot which host and which show on Alex's network it was but they covered the New York Post article on Knowledge Fight when that happened and it's where the cult of Celine bit comes from. He absolutely knows about KF, that man can't go a day without googling his own name.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Megabound posted:

I forgot which host and which show on Alex's network it was but they covered the New York Post article on Knowledge Fight when that happened and it's where the cult of Celine bit comes from. He absolutely knows about KF, that man can't go a day without googling his own name.

I believe that was the little actual Nazi Harrison.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
Like Alex watches Harrison’s loving show.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Marsupial Ape posted:

Like Alex watches Harrison’s loving show.

He works for Alex, they share a studio, we know that all the infowars hosts text and e-mail each other. Dan's also received e-mails from infowars staffers

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
I mean define 'knows about KF' . AJ certainly has has information about knowledge fight enter his brain. I doubt he thinks about it much or retains it.

The Ghoul
Dec 8, 2011

I got a cobra for a cock and some wrought iron balls
As I recall, Jones' legal team tried to call some information into question to get it thrown out on the grounds that Dan was a rando podcaster rather than an expert of their standards. Also, Norm directly referenced them on his podcast as "Knowledge First" and being the reason they had to hire a proxy as corporate representative for Free Speech Systems because the Info Wars employees were incredibly embarrassed about being torn to shreds on the podcast like Rob Dew and Daria.

I think Alex definitely knows, but also doesn't want to drive anyone to detractors that are relatively unknown and not obviously members of the globalist cabal.

e: I think Alex knows how pathetic it would make him look if he were to rant about two goofballs podcasting out Chicago ruining him.

The Ghoul fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Nov 8, 2023

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Megabound posted:

He works for Alex, they share a studio, we know that all the infowars hosts text and e-mail each other. Dan's also received e-mails from infowars staffers

I was making a tongue in cheek comment about the dysfunction and ship-shod bullshit that goes on at InfoWars. Technically, you were having fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Alex was back today. His vacays keep getting shorter