Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
We do not tolerate racism at our company named after a Hitler meme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

LifeSunDeath posted:

that ain't SOME tweets, that's like dozens and dozens of racist tweets. and a few are from 2020 lol, not sure how he thought they were lost to time or some poo poo LOL.
Getting some Gero from TFS vibes there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4L2dFoUysU&t=503s

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DlfLthx89E

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
fired from social media lead, hired as antisocial media lead

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

OneEightHundred posted:

Apparently I missed something. Whats the context of this?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

ryde posted:

there was some site that went in to all the nazi stuff in the apes, but they also went really crazy like "if you take this number on the boat, mix in some new numbers then re arrange it, you get the birthday of a super minor nazi guy"

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
If you've truly changed you should know that your past comments can come back to haunt you and also you can delete a lot of them easily?

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
God in heaven, just when I think all the lols are wrung out of this nonsense, they all stare into the Ark of the Covenant

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Despite the fact that a lot of those tweets are nonsensical, I can still tell they are racist.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Totenkopf looks like that KAWS brand

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

OneEightHundred posted:

ryde posted:

Yuga Labs. Many Hindus believe we're in a dark Age, Kali Yuga. (Kali, their goddess of destruction + 'yuga' = age, era.)

Savitri Devi, a European woman, moved to India, became a Hindu and later became a Nazi. She created her own belief that Hitler was an incarnation of their deity Vishnu, and would bring Kali Yuga to an end (I presume by creating what you and I would see as a dystopian fascist racist world state). She travelled India lecturing to nationalists.

In 1948, Savitri managed to enter occupied Germany, where she distributed thousands of pro-Nazi leaflets, bearing the words: "One day we shall rise and triumph again! Hope and wait! Heil Hitler!"

She died three decades ago, and was pretty much forgotten until some of the alt right resurrected her memory and started promoting her bizarre beliefs anew. Her views are reaching a wider public thanks to Nazi websites. American alt-right leaders such as Richard Spencer and Steve Bannon, former Trump chief strategist and chair of Breitbart News, are said to have taken up the account of history as a cyclical battle between good and evil, believing that certain "superior" people will again take power, returning us to a mythical golden age.

Source: https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-41757047
(It's a good read.)

Edit: Factual errors fixed, added extra info.

tl;dr: Some general history showing the probable derivation of the 'Yuga' in 'Yuga Labs'.

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Nov 7, 2023

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

https://knowyourmeme.com/photos/2283754-kali-yuga

I'm sure it's all a coincidence and not an attempt to nudge-nudge-wink-wink 4chan Hitler memes into the mainstream and get away with it.

Boxturret posted:

there was some site that went in to all the nazi stuff in the apes, but they also went really crazy like "if you take this number on the boat, mix in some new numbers then re arrange it, you get the birthday of a super minor nazi guy"
Some of that stuff like the "simianization" thing felt like kind of a reach, and a big booster of it was the Crypto Punks guy, so there's probably some ulterior motive there, but Yuga Labs' official explanation of the ape skull logo stuff is the ape was "bored to death" which is uh... kinda less believable that they styled it after the Nazi skull, down to having the same number of teeth. Given that the "Kali Yuga Surf Club" was part of that meme prior too there's just way too much stuff lining up.

OneEightHundred fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Nov 7, 2023

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Boxturret posted:

Love how they have to be so submissive.

"It was a great event! Amazing! Wonderful! Just a sliiiiight little suggestion for the event runners, who by the way are WONDERFUL AMAZING PEOPLE, but maybe you should say something officially about the eye boiling room."

Love the car!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

OneEightHundred posted:

I'm sure it's all a coincidence and not an attempt to nudge-nudge-wink-wink 4chan Hitler memes into the mainstream and get away with it.

see, i didn't really believe it to begin with, but now my position is that yeah they're totally specifically trying to ape that nazi imagery

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009
I also recall an advert which featured a Star of David and a reference to “gas” (which totally meant the transaction fees for trading NFTs guys). I’m sure some goon archivist has it saved somewhere.

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.

Boxturret posted:

“…are we the baddies?”

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Dial A For Awesome posted:

I also recall an advert which featured a Star of David and a reference to “gas” (which totally meant the transaction fees for trading NFTs guys). I’m sure some goon archivist has it saved somewhere.

that wasn't the apes, it was an exchange...maybe binance?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

BigBadSteve posted:

Yuga Labs. Many Hindus believe we're in a dark Age, Kali Yuga. (Kali, their goddess of destruction + 'yuga' = age, era.)

Savitri Devi, a European woman, moved to India, became a Hindu and later became a Nazi. She created her own belief that Hitler was an incarnation of their deity Vishnu, and would bring Kali Yuga to an end (I presume by creating what you and I would see as a dystopian fascist racist world state). She travelled India lecturing to nationalists.

In 1948, Savitri managed to enter occupied Germany, where she distributed thousands of pro-Nazi leaflets, bearing the words: "One day we shall rise and triumph again! Hope and wait! Heil Hitler!"

She died three decades ago, and was pretty much forgotten until some of the alt right resurrected her memory and started promoting her bizarre beliefs anew. Her views are reaching a wider public thanks to Nazi websites. American alt-right leaders such as Richard Spencer and Steve Bannon, former Trump chief strategist and chair of Breitbart News, are said to have taken up the account of history as a cyclical battle between good and evil, believing that certain "superior" people will again take power, returning us to a mythical golden age.

Source: https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-41757047
(It's a good read.)

Edit: Factual errors fixed, added extra info.

tl;dr: Some general history showing the probable derivation of the 'Yuga' in 'Yuga Labs'.

Canon that Vishnu has one ball.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Also one of the main strategies of Neo fascists and the alt right is to blow air horn sized dog whistles and then hide behind irony and “jokes.” The idea is to radicalize the adhd-addled brains of zoomers with memes and nihilistic humor and then, once they’re deep enough in, feed them into the fash pipeline.

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009

Boxturret posted:

that wasn't the apes, it was an exchange...maybe binance?

You’re right. I have been slandering the good name of the apes.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/binance-unveils-quickly-abandons-swastika-203036603.html

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

note that they "accidentally" did that on 4/20. whoopsie

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

So I hear the T in NFT stands for Triffid

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

There's a good piece out about how the crypto world kind of wants to focus on the fraud end of the FTX case and throw SBF under the bus as hard as possible to keep attention away from the other end of FTX's business: Massive amounts of money laundering, probably mostly enabling capital flight out of China.

https://www.thenation.com/article/society/the-sbf-verdict-and-cryptos-unindicted-scam-network/

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

OneEightHundred posted:

There's a good piece out about how the crypto world kind of wants to focus on the fraud end of the FTX case and throw SBF under the bus as hard as possible to keep attention away from the other end of FTX's business: Massive amounts of money laundering, probably mostly enabling capital flight out of China.

https://www.thenation.com/article/society/the-sbf-verdict-and-cryptos-unindicted-scam-network/

LOL

cool country

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

100k is mathematically programmed

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

ghosTTy posted:

100k is mathematically programmed

Oh, it absolutely is! In fact, here's the whole thing for you savvy investors:

code:

10 write "lol buttcoin"
20 go to 10

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Laughs are an unbound number, this is just math.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Boxturret posted:

turns out slurp juice was just Zyklon B

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

https://twitter.com/poorlyagedstuff/status/1722003805607280890

:dogbutton:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

LOL

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The one honest crypto bro

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

drat, hosed up how that tweet could have happened, maybe they could have prevented that by hiring a social media--

Beached Whale posted:

Apparently Yuga suddenly grew eyes thanks to the lasers because they canned their social media lead for saying absolutely vile stuff about... pretty much everyone, for years.
https://twitter.com/CryptoVonDoom/status/1721195090255712756

:(

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Scratch Monkey posted:

Also one of the main strategies of Neo fascists and the alt right is to blow air horn sized dog whistles and then hide behind irony and “jokes.” The idea is to radicalize the adhd-addled brains of zoomers with memes and nihilistic humor and then, once they’re deep enough in, feed them into the fash pipeline.

This has been the strategy since we were kids. Don't get it twisted.

swamp thong
Nov 6, 2023
too publicly racist to work at the dog whistle factory

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Like there’s “digging up a 15 year old tweet cuz you can’t find anything recent to snitch on someone for” and there’s “coming across nonstop racist tweets for years that ended only recently when they wanted to look good for the camera”

Big fuckin shocker the monkey nft guy was a victim of the latter

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
why are they called a yacht ckub when none of them have yachts or they barely rent even 1 yacht per year?

like they rent lambos and G5s for photo ops more than do any rented yacht events.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

PhazonLink posted:

why are they called a yacht ckub when none of them have yachts or they barely rent even 1 yacht per year?

like they rent lambos and G5s for photo ops more than do any rented yacht events.

it's not about the physical yacht

it's about the state of mind. AKA The Implication

you go to Apefest, there isn't a yacht. But the implication is still there.

swamp thong
Nov 6, 2023
was blind but now i see
amazing apes that saved a wretch like me

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

really at its core the bored ape yacht club is a bunch of very ill monkeys wearing captain hats while hanging out in a shack in a swamp. This is the canon setting I believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Neito posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > Bitcoin: Blind ape yacht club.

:emptyquote: