Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I have Predator, Moot and Bolt and if I'm going for a pistol its gonna be Hope. Easy +1000 gold though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Just hoping the price of coins drops for a bit

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
The new strike CM is really, really easy.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
They were always going to struggle to make it hard

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

tarbrush posted:

They were always going to struggle to make it hard

Not necessarily. OLC CM is also technically supposed to be tuned for players who don't have access to elite specs yet compared to CO that fight is on a different level entirely.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH5i3sgkFhA

New trailer up: Through the veil.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Mr. Neutron posted:

The new strike CM is really, really easy.

Wait, lol, you've already cleared it? On day one of its release? So if HT CM is a 10/10 on the difficulty scale, what is this new one? 1 or 2 difficulty?

Edit: I watched Teapot clear Cosmic Observatory CM on his stream, on his first attempt. That being said, he brought a disgustingly broken group composition of several Heal Scourges, Quick Heralds, 2 DPS Virtuosos. Their execution wasn't great, but they're still outstanding players, and they made it work. Crazy to clear it on the first try.

Jedah fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Nov 7, 2023

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
https://www.pcgamer.com/the-second-part-of-guild-wars-2s-new-expansion-is-out-now-and-its-taking-players-to-the-demon-realm/

New profession weapons beta at the end of this month, but they'll start revealing details about specific kits starting as early as tomorrow

quote:

We will at least get a preview of the new weapons in a beta week set for later this month, starting November 28. With the beta incoming, I asked ArenaNet's balance lead Cal Cohen what we could expect from the new weapon. "Each profession has its own needs," he says, "so we've been looking at how to enhance the roles available to them all in different ways. For example, staff on warrior and rifle on mesmer are intended for support builds." Starting from tomorrow, daily blog posts at the Guild Wars 2 official site will run through each profession's new skills.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Support staff makes sense and warrior deserves a cool support weapon, but I would've loved a power dps weapon.

On another note, what SotO masteries should I focus on? I beelined for the Fireball one for the vault currency, now I'm working towards Ley-Line Acclimation and afterwards probably down the Arcane Treasure road. Is there anything important I should get first?

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Jedah posted:

Wait, lol, you've already cleared it? On day one of its release? So if HT CM is a 10/10 on the difficulty scale, what is this new one? 1 or 2 difficulty?

Yes, pretty much. It's much easier than either AH or XJJ CMs since it has no instakills. The only challenge is perhaps the enrage timer which is somewhat strict compared to the other strikes.

Jedah posted:

Edit: I watched Teapot clear Cosmic Observatory CM on his stream, on his first attempt. That being said, he brought a disgustingly broken group composition of several Heal Scourges, Quick Heralds, 2 DPS Virtuosos. Their execution wasn't great, but they're still outstanding players, and they made it work. Crazy to clear it on the first try.

I joined a group from the Crossroads EU discord and we also oneshot it :v: It's so easy I still actually don't really know how the fight works. What really is disappointing the most is that there is no optional hard mode achievement/title this time around.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

i’m trying this game again after like 10 years. i haven’t played any expansions, but think I want to be a Willbender. Should I skip to that expansion or just start at the first one?

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

EoD probably has the most detailed recap of past events in any expansion so it's not a bad place to start if you don't have a problem with being generally spoiled on what happened.

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

I think as long as you own EoD, you can use any expansion's hero points to unlock willbender. No need to skip there unless you want to.

DoNotFeedTheBear
Sep 13, 2007

ptroll posted:

I think as long as you own EoD, you can use any expansion's hero points to unlock willbender. No need to skip there unless you want to.

This is correct. There's nothing needed to 'unlock' an elite other than spending hero points.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

You need to fully unlock your base class's HPs though-- I think this is accomplished just from level rewards?

Actuarial Fables
Jul 29, 2014

Taco Defender

jokes posted:

You need to fully unlock your base class's HPs though-- I think this is accomplished just from level rewards?

Correct, just by leveling up to 80 you'll have enough hero points to fully unlock all base specs and skills.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Staff support warrior sounds great, beat your friends with a stick and shout at them

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Mattavist posted:

i’m trying this game again after like 10 years. i haven’t played any expansions, but think I want to be a Willbender. Should I skip to that expansion or just start at the first one?

If you're manually leveling from 1, you can just start at the beginning. The normal level rewards will give you 398 skill points, which is exactly enough to fully unlock your class at level 80. From random skill points you earn as you explore the core map you can earn at most 200, and you'll need 250 to fully unlock Willbender. You'll need to pick up the extra 50 points from some of the expansion maps, and EoD is probably the easiest. If you own it, you might be able to use a teleport to friend to get to Arborstone (which has 10 hero points inside), and then walk out the gate to Kaineng. There are a couple of easy to access hero points there that won't require spoiling the story, which would be enough to fully unlock Willbender.

DoNotFeedTheBear
Sep 13, 2007
Oops, this is wrong. Only works in map.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Mr. Neutron posted:

Yes, pretty much. It's much easier than either AH or XJJ CMs since it has no instakills. The only challenge is perhaps the enrage timer which is somewhat strict compared to the other strikes.

I joined a group from the Crossroads EU discord and we also oneshot it :v: It's so easy I still actually don't really know how the fight works. What really is disappointing the most is that there is no optional hard mode achievement/title this time around.

Agreed, it's way easier than the EoD CMs, the insta-kills make those extremely frustrating sometimes on pugs.

You're right about the enrage timer, too. How funny you mentioned that, we wiped at 1% due to her enrage timer... but we got it a few attempts later. We weren't on discord, it was a true pug, very chaotic, but still fun. Very Guild Wars 2. I agree with you that it's the easiest of the CMs, but I do like that 10 random strangers can complete it with some teamwork and decent gear. It does seem to be a DPS check.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

if you jump the line attack on dagda it kills the target

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

tarbrush posted:

Huh. Little disappointing to have quip and bolt repeat.

On the up side, disco!

it kinda makes sense, since you can use quip and bolt in main and off-hand

also good for me because i was planning to make a scepter and a pistol lol

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

First weapon blog post: Ranger maces

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/become-a-force-of-nature-with-the-dual-wielding-mace-ranger/

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Is there any reason to hold on to unidentified gear anymore? I thought I remembered a few merchants taking them as currency but I can't find any reference to it on the wiki. I have a full stack of blue and green I can free up some space if I dont.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
There's daily (weekly?) AA for identifying like 10 pieces that pops up once in a while.

On the subject of the new weapons, it sounds like they're going to be mini specs vs full blown elites, I'm excited!

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Hey that's pretty cool. Alac Heal Druid uses mostly Harrier gear, but some folks mix in Giver's/Minstrel gear for tanking. Druid can be an effective tank, this will be better than an Axe because it provides stability. As long as it has cool sound effects, I'm in.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

So Rev is getting scepter AND moot is in the box? Seems like the game is telling me something. Though I can probably make Bolt and then make Moot around the time the new weapons actually go in. It's the gift of exploration and battle that aren't just a gold barrier right?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

You also need 77 mystic clovers which are primarily time gated, but if you're like me you've just been sitting on tons of them anyway.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Eltoasto posted:

So Rev is getting scepter AND moot is in the box? Seems like the game is telling me something. Though I can probably make Bolt and then make Moot around the time the new weapons actually go in. It's the gift of exploration and battle that aren't just a gold barrier right?

Unless I'm missing something Moot is a mace and Revenants only get main hand mace and Scepter will be MH only too.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Unless I'm missing something Moot is a mace and Revenants only get main hand mace and Scepter will be MH only too.

poo poo! That's right, and Rev mace is condi, which i rarely ever run. Welp, Bolt it is.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

The first box has Meteorologicus though which is the scepter.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Today's new weapon blog: Thief axe

https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/hurl-venomous-axes-with-the-thiefs-expanded-weapon-proficiency/

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Those writeups are way too brief to get any hype up. Gotta wait for the stream/beta weekend.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
I'm sorry, what part of "hurl venemous axes" was insufficient for you :v:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I think thief is my least played class

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

tarbrush posted:

I'm sorry, what part of "hurl venemous axes" was insufficient for you :v:

If only they let you rapid-fire the axes like P/P 3

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

criminal that the floating axes apparently just sit there. they should at least generate whirl finishers or something

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Mr. Neutron posted:

Those writeups are way too brief to get any hype up. Gotta wait for the stream/beta weekend.

Did you already defeat the new-and-improved buffed CO CM again? lol

Meowywitch posted:

I think thief is my least played class

:same: but apparently Specter is good and cool.

2MB
Feb 3, 2009

"No need to speak. Your fists told me everything I need to know about you."

Catgirl Al Capone posted:

criminal that the floating axes apparently just sit there. they should at least generate whirl finishers or something

Let us spam projectiles through them to spin them like a saw blade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I love the idea of Thief and all of its specs but none of them have clicked with me.
Maybe I'm too old and have lost too much dexterity, which is why I play MM Reaper.