Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Garvey
Jul 19, 2010

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Quick! Get it before it's gone!

Someone put together ALL of the scenes, music cues, edits... Everything, mixing it right into the theatrical, final version, sometimes right to the frame, to create "We can just put it right back in there: Ghostbusters Reconstructed" (Vimeo link, but who knows how long Sony will take to take this down. Anyone know how to download this?)

I skipped to the montage and its like 4x as long and of course doesn't include the dream sequence. During that part of the song, they put in the deleted scene of the cop giving Ecto-1 a parking ticket and having it disintegrate. It actually works really well.

How different is this to the preview cut that was screened a few months back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Did that preview cut ever get released anywhere? I thought it was supposed to be on one of the Blu Ray Anniversary releases but I don't think it ever was?

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
The Haslab is Afterlife PKE Meter with taser prong and ghost trap.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

According to this German site, if translated directly, the next film will be called Ghostbusters: The New Ice Age, which will probably be retitled in English to something like "Hell Freezes Over". Take this with a massive grain of salt, of course.

Personally, I kind of liked "Firehouse" :shrug:

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
https://uk.hasbropulse.com/products...2jzmmu1KjKt2J6Q

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
It’s kind of hilarious, they’ve made the PKE meter an actual ghost detector that can pick up emf radiation. That’s genuinely impressive!

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The_Doctor posted:

It’s kind of hilarious, they’ve made the PKE meter an actual ghost detector that can pick up emf radiation. That’s genuinely impressive!

Holy poo poo I totally missed that lmao

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

That is fuckin' rad!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
And it just funded!

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

According to this German site, if translated directly, the next film will be called Ghostbusters: The New Ice Age, which will probably be retitled in English to something like "Hell Freezes Over". Take this with a massive grain of salt, of course.

Personally, I kind of liked "Firehouse" :shrug:

a lot of the concept art posted earlier in the thread did have ice in them, so maybe that's going to be the thing?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

a lot of the concept art posted earlier in the thread did have ice in them, so maybe that's going to be the thing?

I assumed. The only official artwork put out so far, I think, was the frozen GB logo.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Yes, have some.

Tomorrow's candy bowl.

Full sized bar for the first two kids dressed as Ghostbusters.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

deoju posted:

Yes, have some.

Tomorrow's candy bowl.

Full sized bar for the first two kids dressed as Ghostbusters.

"You've earned it."

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/FzhC6FXCAUo9xPpd/?mibextid=D5vuiz

We're likely getting a trailer soon.

For anyone who can't see it, it's from the official GB FB page, and it's the frozen GB logo, spinning in front of a moon, and a wolf howls in the background. And the text below says "Something Strange is coming soon! Happy Halloween!"

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Just went back and re-watched the Halloween episode of the 1986 cartoon and goddamn is the cast really loving good

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I wore my Haslab proton pack to work today and a Ghostbusters logo t-shirt and said I was an off-duty Ghostbuster

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Just went back and re-watched the Halloween episode of the 1986 cartoon and goddamn is the cast really loving good

I always preferred the second one, if only for the hellscape GBHQ.

"GOHZ-BAHZ-TURRZ"

Edit:

https://twitter.com/Cryptic4KQual/status/1718253141848711478?t=Ve6lv1Ie-ztTVE0--hJWtw&s=19

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Nov 1, 2023

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

New trailer tomorrow, according to all of the official channels.

And in two hours, Jason Fitzsimmons will make a video saying the same thing :haw:

He actually seems pretty cool, maybe I just follow this poo poo way too closely and end up with his news being old to me :shrug:

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Nov 7, 2023

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

New trailer tomorrow, according to all of the official channels.

And in two hours, Jason Fitzsimmons will make a video saying the same thing :haw:

He actually seems pretty cool, maybe I just follow this poo poo way too closely and end up with his news being old to me :shrug:

I think it’s the need to make a post about it on FB, linking to the blog where there’s minimal information, and then the linked video featuring him where the actual information is relayed, scant as that may be.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

I think it’s the need to make a post about it on FB, linking to the blog where there’s minimal information, and then the linked video featuring him where the actual information is relayed, scant as that may be.

It's also the fact that, I'm assuming, the large volume of Jason's audience are already fans who follow all of the official stuff anyway :shrug:

Like, I heard from him about the arcade game re-release, that's awesome. But tomorrow, Sony/Ghost Corps will be drowning everyone in GB4 news, or at least links to the trailer.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Still ridiculous if it's called anything other than "Hell Freezes Over" or "Frozen Over" or some other more obvious euphemism for that phrase.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Yeah, Frozen Empire is awful. Hell Freezes Over is great

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

It's also the fact that, I'm assuming, the large volume of Jason's audience are already fans who follow all of the official stuff anyway :shrug:

Like, I heard from him about the arcade game re-release, that's awesome. But tomorrow, Sony/Ghost Corps will be drowning everyone in GB4 news, or at least links to the trailer.

What arcade game re-release? I don’t follow this stuff very closely.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I'm betting it's that you can't put "hell" in the title or the Christians get super mad. See also: Agatha: Coven of Chaos changing its name.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

What arcade game re-release? I don’t follow this stuff very closely.

Right here

Edit: seems likely it'll be called Frozen Empire.

https://twitter.com/GhostbustersNet/status/1722027749345251730?t=7DpgPcgKm1Y3m9t-c7dwfA&s=19

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Nov 8, 2023

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Ray: “Somehow Vigo has returned”

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023
fuck off worms butthole guy!!!
I’m kinda torn between wanting vigo back or something completely new. I feel like the new stuff has high potential to be lame and similar anyway. On the other hand I’d really like to see a live action debut for some of the real ghostbusters animated villains like Sam Hain or Boogeyman

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

We did Vigo, defeated him, time to move on. Afterlife suffered a lot from retreading 84’s story beats virtually shot for shot in some cases. It’s time for a new threat.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Janosz returns to get his revenge for being covered in goo

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

90sgamer posted:

I’m kinda torn between wanting vigo back or something completely new. I feel like the new stuff has high potential to be lame and similar anyway. On the other hand I’d really like to see a live action debut for some of the real ghostbusters animated villains like Sam Hain or Boogeyman

The Sandman, the Grundle or Killawatt

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I didn't end up liking Gozer as the villain in Afterlife but I appreciated the attempt to legitimize and explain the whole thing, with Shandor's selenium mine and all that, sort of calling back to the research Ray and Egon did in 1.

But please... No more. Like the videogame, I'd love to see the painting just hanging around in the firehall.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

But please... No more. Like the videogame, I'd love to see the painting just hanging around in the firehall.
I loved that the painting was just hanging out in the videogame, and you could interact with it and it would talk to you (with the original voice actor!)

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

It's up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFNK_KEmcWs

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I suspect it’s down to the choice of shots, but everyone’s enjoying themselves way too much in the face of serious danger.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

I suspect it’s down to the choice of shots, but everyone’s enjoying themselves way too much in the face of serious danger.

It's odd to see quite a bit of implied death, even child death, in a friggin Ghostbusters trailer. :stare:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Oh man I'm just not feeling that trailer. I guess a lot of that is because the first minute is just the scene with the storm cloud rolling in on the beach and everything about the Ghostbusters is crammed into the rest of the trailer, and most of that is just characters reacting to something off screen.

Also "the Death Chill" sounds lame.

Icon-Cat
Aug 18, 2005

Meow!
Well, come on, you start this thing with an '80s song and Coney Island and I'm already on board.

I can't say I love the title, which seems like a fantasy video game or something ("Hell Freezes Over" would have been so much better)—it makes slightly more sense if you know New York is the Empire State, but come on, nobody thinks about that.

I hope the urgency of the plot is what requires Carrie Coon and Paul Rudd to join up… I was hoping the kids would take center stage more.

But I like the sort of vague existential threat presented here—I sort of hope it stays that way instead of building up to some vengeful ice king of the ancient deep or whatever—and I like the cold-weather suits.

Also, the trailer editor clearly has a good sense of humor putting the words "fear itself" right near a shot of Bill Murray (who played FDR once) (or am I the only one who saw that).

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I like that they seem to basically be doing a Real Ghostbusters episode, it's a better way to go than doing The Return of Vigo or Gozer again.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

It's hilarious that Murray was allegedly the sticking point in getting Ghostbusters 3 made for decades and now he's just...there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainN
Jul 28, 2004

Oswalt aside, think this looks absolutely fine for being a teaser.

Seen the below synopsis online, sounds promising:
In Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire, the Spengler family returns to where it all started – the iconic New York City firehouse – to team up with the original Ghostbusters, who’ve developed a top-secret research lab to take busting ghosts to the next level. But when the discovery of an ancient artifact unleashes an evil force, Ghostbusters new and old must join forces to protect their home and save the world from a second Ice Age.