Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

naem
May 29, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

loving Federation Admirals, am I right?

naem
May 29, 2011

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Even the episode where everyone devolves with Crab Worf and Riker Ape?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

I started reading this but then my eyes glazed over.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

drilldo squirt posted:

I started reading this but then my eyes glazed over.

It's only 15% political, guys!

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

I would like to ask this guy* what offensively progressive politics he sees in the Harry Mudd time-loop episode from season 1, or the one where Pike sees his future in the beepy chair.

* Don't mean to assume gender here, but come ON

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
by political, he means the episodes where uhura gets to do something. 15% might be a bit high, even.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Like isn't Discovery just nothing but the standard Trek boilerplate "we need to work together to be something better than ourselves" truisms that every loving Trek show spouts on occasion only said like 15 times an episode because the show is written for paste-eating dipshits who watch TV with one and a half eyes on their phones and don't pick up basic poo poo aka 90% of TVIV posters?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

like i wanted to make fun of the vapid bipartisan truism of "slavery is evil" in a tv show that started during the lifetime of people who had been enslaved, and slavery is still in the constitution, but really the better target is the vapid bipartisan truism of "war is bad" because both american parties believe it is, in fact, good.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
What are you some kinda Comm

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

nine-gear crow posted:

Like isn't Discovery just nothing but the standard Trek boilerplate "we need to work together to be something better than ourselves" truisms that every loving Trek show spouts on occasion only said like 15 times an episode because the show is written for paste-eating dipshits who watch TV with one and a half eyes on their phones and don't pick up basic poo poo aka 90% of TVIV posters?

No no, don't you see, on Discovery there's an actual literal GAY couple, and they occasionally do such explicitly sexual things as BRUSH THEIR TEETH in adjoining sinks at the end of a day, this is therefore an INTENSELY POLITICAL STATEMENT

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

We killed off one of the gays to up the stakes, but then we found out that is a common negative trope so actually he wasn't dead he is back from the mushroom kingdom, damage undone

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Maybe he thinks mushrooms are extremely political

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

https://twitter.com/hilaryagro/status/1229177598003077123

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

this guy seems like he's pretty loving stupid

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Tighclops posted:

this guy seems like he's pretty loving stupid

I checked his account, it's a sea of far-right memes and :chloe: gotchas about identifying as attack helicopters and all that poo poo. Definitely someone I trust to fairly identify what a "political" episode of anything is.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Even the episode where everyone devolves with Crab Worf and Riker Ape?

ESPECIALLY the episode where everyone devolves with Crab Worf and Riker Ape

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
On the internet, the term "political" has been utterly robbed of meaning, or has its meaning replaced by "shows me things I don't like"

edit:

nine-gear crow posted:

There are two genders, male and political

There are two races, white and political

There are two sexual orientations, straight and political

davidspackage fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Nov 8, 2023

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

davidspackage posted:

On the internet, the term "political" has been utterly robbed of meaning, or has its meaning replaced by "shows me things I don't like"

There are two genders, male and political

There are two races, white and political

There are two sexual orientations, straight and political

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Nah, there are three sexual orientations: straight, political, and sexy hot lesbians who would totally be willing to make an exception for the viewer to have a threesome.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Nov 8, 2023

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

McSpanky posted:

I checked his account, it's a sea of far-right memes and :chloe: gotchas about identifying as attack helicopters and all that poo poo. Definitely someone I trust to fairly identify what a "political" episode of anything is.

Full disclosure I found that tweet because Steve Shives screenshotted in a video about why conservatives are media illiterate so it doesn't surprise me at all that he's a turbo dipshit about a LOT of things.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Crab Worf represents the proletariat. Hardy, armored and strong, living in the maintenance passage ways. Caveman Riker represents the illusion of class mobility in late capitalism, living in the captains ready room thinking he’s part of the upper class, but easily dispatched by the real captain when no longer necessary. Frog Troi represents the bourgeois. A fat pile of slime just sitting around sucking up air and water and changing the environmental controls to make everyone else miserable. Spider Barclay is the Vanguard Party, showing the people the new paradigm and seizing control of the means of production (the warp core room). It’s all extremely political.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Conservatives are media illiterate because their ideology needs them to be. They demand to be winning at all times, and that meams everything has to be agreeing with them, and since most things really don't, that means they have to get real loving stupid to believe that they do.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Gutcruncher posted:

ESPECIALLY the episode where everyone devolves with Crab Worf and Riker Ape

CRAB WORF CRAB WORF

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Isn't it Bug Worf? I thought they specifically mentioned insectoid structures.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
don't care, crab worf is better.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

redshirt posted:

CRAB WORF CRAB WORF

Whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do when he comes for you

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

galagazombie posted:

Crab Worf represents the proletariat. Hardy, armored and strong, living in the maintenance passage ways. Caveman Riker represents the illusion of class mobility in late capitalism, living in the captains ready room thinking he’s part of the upper class, but easily dispatched by the real captain when no longer necessary. Frog Troi represents the bourgeois. A fat pile of slime just sitting around sucking up air and water and changing the environmental controls to make everyone else miserable. Spider Barclay is the Vanguard Party, showing the people the new paradigm and seizing control of the means of production (the warp core room). It’s all extremely political.

:golfclap:

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

CainFortea posted:

Good thing the de-evolution didn't happen when a cube was around. That's how you get

big bad beetle borgs

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I kinda loved the implication on the Majalis planet that they discovered the child eating computer and went "oh no, anyway"

Loved the next ep too, the Captain Angel was chewing that scenery up.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Flipswitch posted:

I kinda loved the implication on the Majalis planet that they discovered the child eating computer and went "oh no, anyway"

*Crazy lady simping for child eating computer*

Pike: Uhhhh….gently caress this

*beam out*
*roll credits*

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

HD DAD posted:

*beam out*
*roll credits*

Hey, if it works it works

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

HD DAD posted:

*beam out*
*roll credits*

You missed the step of the crazy lady going "You still find me hot though, right Chris? ....RIIIIII--" / "Pike to Enterprise, one to beam up right loving now."

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

CainFortea posted:

crabs is just big bugs anyway

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

redshirt posted:

Hey, if it works it works

If it sucks... HIT DA BRICKS

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
[img-calvin-batscrabs-arent-bugs.tiff]

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/swear_trek/status/1722466593156874692

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

HD DAD posted:

*beam out*
*roll credits*
Haha yes he had the beam out line ready before the comms even went blocked.