Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Facebook Aunt posted:

I like this one. It feels like it would discourage burglars.

and ghosts!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Zesty posted:

and ghosts!
You feel that it'd discourage ghosts? It looks like some primo haunting material to me.

quote:

tilted door chat
I have to admit that this is the first time I've noticed that the tilted design is seemingly intentional and not just the door being extremely badly constructed/broken. Neat!

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

this image is pure anxiety nightmare

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

alf_pogs posted:

this image is pure anxiety nightmare

It's like a game of Jenga where you don't even need to pull out a block to wait to see if it will fall down!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lots of "What Remains of Edith Finch" houses ITT

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Reminds me of upgrading my Palace in Civilization I.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Getting Papo & Yo flashbacks

Now that's an Irish house if I've ever seen one.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Hempuli posted:

I have to admit that this is the first time I've noticed that the tilted design is seemingly intentional and not just the door being extremely badly constructed/broken. Neat!
Yup! Somebody had to hand-build a custom door to make that work.

Fly your freak flag proudly, orange-stucco guy.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

kowloon drywall city

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Now that's an Irish house if I've ever seen one.
I don't know why, but I somehow feel sure it's on that street in Dublin, kind of near East Wall where there's a sign saying "watch out, there are visually-impaired drivers around here"

Its just got that vibe.

Pookah has a new favorite as of 12:54 on Oct 25, 2023

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Strap-in, folks!

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/43-Courthouse-Dr-Guildhall-VT-05905/193818039_zpid/

Don't read the description, just start scrolling. You'll know when you get there.

Posted here if you're lazy:

Well, a little run-down on the outside. But not terrible.

Kitchen looks remodeled several years ago, maybe a tad outdated with the oak cabinets.

Oooh, yeah, bad wallpaper in the dining room. That's it, right?

Oh, no, it's the weird diagonal window?

Nope.

Whoever bought this house should be on a list.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Witch windows are quite common in parts of the US, they usually are sandwiched between a gable end and a slanted roof immediately below it.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Ok thread, ya got me. Good job :ohdear:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

DrBouvenstein posted:

Strap-in, folks!

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/43-Courthouse-Dr-Guildhall-VT-05905/193818039_zpid/

Don't read the description, just start scrolling. You'll know when you get there.

Posted here if you're lazy:

Well, a little run-down on the outside. But not terrible.

Kitchen looks remodeled several years ago, maybe a tad outdated with the oak cabinets.

Oooh, yeah, bad wallpaper in the dining room. That's it, right?

Oh, no, it's the weird diagonal window?

Nope.

Seems like the explanation is in the street address.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

DrBouvenstein posted:

The realtors know exactly which audience they're catering to, lol

quote:

The main house served as the Jailer's residence and attached to the north wall of the house is the former Essex County Jail (discontinued in 1969). The Jail still exhibits the prison cells with barred windows & the Jailers Office. Bring your own ideas on what this 28' x 40' wing could be!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Seems like the explanation is in the street address.

Well that and the Zillow description:

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

"Bring your own ideas on what this wing could be" is almost as ominous as the pictures, lol.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Twenty Four posted:

"Bring your own ideas on what this wing could be" is almost as ominous as the pictures, lol.

You can't exactly put "If want a prison fetish BDSM gently caress-Room, now here's your chance!", on a real estate listing.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You can't exactly put "If want a prison fetish BDSM gently caress-Room, now here's your chance!", on a real estate listing.

Or "are you basically the person they are looking for on some episodes of Law & Order?" I've watched too many home shows on HGTV, does the floor plan call it a "bonus room?" lol

Realtor: "Well, I've managed to find a house in your area with a creepy attached jail, and I know this was on your must-have list, but let me show you a couple more. I know, they don't have that feature, but I think they might be a little more in your price range. One has a basement that you could easily convert and still come in under budget, and the other is within walking distance to a cemetery, which I thought you might enjoy!"

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I wonder if there are enough S&M incarceration lifestylers to fix up and use this house.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

500 euro per month for a decent room in a house 10 minutes from a college campus?

https://www.daft.ie/share/birch-avenue-caherdavin-heights-caherdavin-co-limerick/5391371

Sounds good!

Oh wait...

quote:

This is not a party house only for a person that wants to study.

The add advertised is one bedroom for single use only and absolutely, outside of this please make me an offer or do not bodder wasting my time!!

Please Have your expectations to the reality of the accommodation on offer in my Owner occupied Home , with an environment for lack of a better term, more suited towards Business verses Social settings so to speak as it is my home that I am living In. It is a nice well run and well managed, quiet and peaceful home. This is the living dynamic of my home, for lack of a better term and will not change nor will it be interfered with in any way shape or form.

quote:

5 day verses 7 day accommodation
Please note, 5 day verses 7 day accommodation in my home can be negotiated , taking in mind that that there is an understanding that future tenant will not be in my home 24 7 for lack of a better term , that he or she has hobbies or making use of Libraries , that are free, rather than running up the bills in my home.,etc.
The 5 day verses 7 day accommodation again over emphasis that this is accommodation in my home different to the Different accommodation types available & my permission is required to stay weekends.

There's so much more, Mr. O'Grady is not a man to be trifled with.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Don't bodder.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

I don't know if I'm just sheltered or missed something, is a rental that's only M-F a thing for students? I could maybe see it for someone with a really really lovely commute, but it seems really odd so to speak to only offer 5 days a week in my Home.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

quote:

It is a quiet Home {ie accommodation in a Home, not an apartment, not the whole house, not a party house so to speak, 1 bedroom in an owner occupied house}
Where people living here are free to go about their business so to speak as long as it does not impact the people living hear nor against the rules and responsibilities of living in my Home, of an Owner Occupied Home nor interfere with the living Dynamic of my home that is towards peace and Quiet. .

my home living dynamic so to speak is that you will be mr. o'grady's grandson and i will so to speak be mr. o'grady

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Zonko_T.M. posted:

I don't know if I'm just sheltered or missed something, is a rental that's only M-F a thing for students? I could maybe see it for someone with a really really lovely commute, but it seems really odd so to speak to only offer 5 days a week in my Home.

Yeah, m-f rentals are a thing for students here, since a lot got back home for the weekends. The longest commute is only going to be a few hours.
This guy is on a whole other level, even if you have an agreement for the full 7 days, he doesn't want you in the house wearing out the carpets and using up all the air.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

On the bright side, if you happen to look for a new murder victim no one will care enough to investigate...

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Arsenic Lupin posted:

The grey door isn't bad or weird. It is magnificent, and I love the idea that every day somebody drives or walks past it and gets a little question mark over their head.

I hope it opens by rotating counterclockwise.

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

I'd buy jail house and have the coolest haunted house for halloween.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
A couple of Instagram downloads (need sound)

Not to be too judgy, and the rocks boulders do look :krad: but once you're DIY-ing steel beam supports you might be in too deep:

https://i.imgur.com/jyihbZT.mp4

Sort of NSFW for... uh, ceramic boob (singular):

https://i.imgur.com/4WM7P1h.mp4

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Trabant posted:

A couple of Instagram downloads (need sound)

Not to be too judgy, and the rocks boulders do look :krad: but once you're DIY-ing steel beam supports you might be in too deep:

https://i.imgur.com/jyihbZT.mp4

They're MINERALS

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Hail the Bath Titty

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
21c Museum Hotel in Louisville has bath tiddies in every room

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The man describing his large rocks being hundreds of pounds and separating the base board from the wall like it's just normal is giving me huge BathDOOM vibes

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Real "fitting all my fossils in the house without paying Tom Nook a dime" vibes

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Can't hire a structural engineer, spent all the money on the rocks.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

CJacobs posted:

The man describing his large rocks being hundreds of pounds and separating the base board from the wall like it's just normal is giving me huge BathDOOM vibes

Incredibly cool rocks though, I'm pretty sure the females actually would love them

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
the rocks are cool. ive only seen rooms of the stuff in stores. i wonder if he cleans the really big ones

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Hello yes I would like to live in the crystal museum.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Me in the awesome giant sparkly mineral museum house:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YXb_qn4WYA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

How do you think one gets a multi-ton rock into one's home? I can think of a few ways but none of them sound convenient.