Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Lunar New Year sets on Jay's Brick Blog

Huge fan of this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

That's pretty sweet!

Seems like it'd be a straightforward conversion into a traditional modular as well.

Probably the best dragon they've ever done as well:

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Yeah that dragon looks dope as gently caress, best one in a while (and the restaurant is nice too)

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

kensei posted:

Any UK goons willing to grab that Lego book with the orange spaceman and ship to the USA?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1465497897/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Oh that’s great :D

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Yes but as per Facebook LEGO groups it's like 2 for £10

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
That dragon looks amazing. I just hope that those tiles with scales on them are all printed.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
Is the dragon going to be available everywhere? I admit I didn't read the whole thing

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Both the dragon and restaurant own.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Looks like the plants are also up for pre-order

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Got the London Postcard set but the stickers sheet is all crumpled up - will Lego replace it?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Carpet posted:

Got the London Postcard set but the stickers sheet is all crumpled up - will Lego replace it?

Sure, no reason anyone on customer service would say no.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Skios posted:

That dragon looks amazing. I just hope that those tiles with scales on them are all printed.

Pre-order page says yes.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
r/legoleak has pics of the upcoming Monkee Kid sets. It looks like each set has swappable subsections and all three of them can be combined into one big mishmash. Kinda cool. Would fit in well with a big Ninjago City display.

https://www.reddit.com/gallery/17p2h5n
https://www.reddit.com/gallery/17ov4un

:homebrew:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

deoju posted:

r/legoleak has pics of the upcoming Monkee Kid sets. It looks like each set has swappable subsections and all three of them can be combined into one big mishmash. Kinda cool. Would fit in well with a big Ninjago City display.

https://www.reddit.com/gallery/17p2h5n
https://www.reddit.com/gallery/17ov4un

:homebrew:

Oh baby, that mega city

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

the dragon and restaurant look soooo cute, might pick them both up

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

So I finished the Speed Champions AM/James Bond car, fun build!

One question though, it is right hand driver side cause it's an English car right?
Is the little lever on the door-side attached tot the chair the ejection seat or did that car have the shiftingstick in some weird door-mount?

Zedd fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Nov 7, 2023

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Zedd posted:

One question though, it is right hand driver side cause it's an English car right?
Is the little lever on the door-side attached tot the chair the ejection seat or did that car have the shiftingstick in some weird door-mount?

handbrake.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Has anyone used this site before? I want to change the stickers for my Space Shuttle Discovery over to Atlantis, and they offer a custom sheet for it. Price seems reasonable if the quality is decent.

https://www.brickstickershop.com/Replacement-Sticker-for-Set-10283-NASA-Space-Shuttle-Atlantis

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

HootTheOwl posted:

Gotta camp out for that pirhana plant
Guess you'll be needing this, too

https://flickr.com/photos/193696423@N08/53314783557/

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Yes. Correct

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Whoa drat, that Fireflower tho

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I heard that image.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

mutata posted:

Whoa drat, that Fireflower tho

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
Yeah I immediately reverse engineered it so I can make one for myself at some point, and then hosed with it a bit because I can't leave anything alone and, I mean, it's LEGO. Mostly just structural reinforcement stuff. It's a fantastic MOC and I kind of really want one + a copy of the piranha plant now.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Carbohydrates posted:

Yeah I immediately reverse engineered it so I can make one for myself at some point, and then hosed with it a bit because I can't leave anything alone and, I mean, it's LEGO. Mostly just structural reinforcement stuff. It's a fantastic MOC and I kind of really want one + a copy of the piranha plant now.

How tight, in real life, would that outter red ring be?

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

HootTheOwl posted:

How tight, in real life, would that outter red ring be?
Not tight. It sort of rests against the rounded yellow plates, which is nice. None of it is exerting pressure on the face of the flower or anything.

The main stability issue I ran into with the original design is the stem. The designer used the astromech droid body piece in lime to attach the leaves, which does not have an axle hole through the length of it, so it could not be reinforced at all - the stem, and the weight of the entire head, was just resting on a simple 4 stud connection. I was very much worried about the weight, so I changed the stem to a fully Technic ball jointed design that attaches to an axle that runs through the entire base. The leaves are instead attached to the top of the ? box now.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Carbohydrates posted:

That is a set I would buy

Depending on the price. I know a lot of MOCs are basically theoretical because of part rarity

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
And again, absolutely 100% all credit to the original designer, Dicken Liu. I checked their Rebrickable before I did anything to see if they are the sort who tends to post instructions for their MOCs, and they are not - they've posted just one model, back in 2019, on RB. So I decided to reverse engineer instead, which is also just good practice - I highly recommend it.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Carbohydrates posted:

Not tight. It sort of rests against the rounded yellow plates, which is nice. None of it is exerting pressure on the face of the flower or anything.

The main stability issue I ran into with the original design is the stem. The designer used the astromech droid body piece in lime to attach the leaves, which does not have an axle hole through the length of it, so it could not be reinforced at all - the stem, and the weight of the entire head, was just resting on a simple 4 stud connection. I was very much worried about the weight, so I changed the stem to a fully Technic ball jointed design that attaches to an axle that runs through the entire base. The leaves are instead attached to the top of the ? box now.
Do you have instructions? Because yes, I need this next to my pirhana plant

I think I didn't ask my question right though:
If the model was just that red outter ring, would it hold its shape? Is it a tight ring attached to the rest of the model or is it like four quarters held in place by axels and spaced perfectly on studio in such a way that couldn't be achieved in real life so in real life when you display it there's going to be gaps in the ring itself?

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

HootTheOwl posted:

Do you have instructions? Because yes, I need this next to my pirhana plant

I think I didn't ask my question right though:
If the model was just that red outter ring, would it hold its shape? Is it a tight ring attached to the rest of the model or is it like four quarters held in place by axels and spaced perfectly on studio in such a way that couldn't be achieved in real life so in real life when you display it there's going to be gaps in the ring itself?
I posted the instructions earlier today in:

THE DISCORD SERVER (join the Discord server y'all)

I'm reluctant to post them anywhere more "public" like a forum since it definitely feels like bad manners to do that to someone else's work. PM me if you'd like, though.

Yes, the ring is sturdy and holds its shape fine. It is geometrically within system. The clutch of the sides of it, where there's a 2 x 2 round plate and 2 x 2 round tile w/ hole in between the big round Technic elements, may be a bit weaker since they don't have a full "unit" of axle holding them, but the geometry of the ring itself is seamless.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

OW THE EDGE (of the brick I just stood on)

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1721902415065313673

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Still no Knuckles??

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Does Sega just pretend he never had a gun now, or is Lego doing the sanitization here?

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Blue Moonlight posted:

Does Sega just pretend he never had a gun now, or is Lego doing the sanitization here?

It's almost certainly Lego, I saw a quote tweet joking that if it had been Mega Bloks he'd have an entire armory.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

December? Must have been moved forward, could have sworn we weren't getting more Sonic stuff until next year

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
mandatory if you buy that set for sure

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
marvel big ol' tower officially revealed

https://jaysbrickblog.com/news/the-5201-piece-lego-avengers-tower-76269-is-the-ultimate-mcu-set-and-even-comes-with-a-kevin-feige/

Some very cool new parts, at least, like 1 x 4 tr. black bricks (the new shade, not the older tr. brown)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Lego have released instructions for a kiosk that would go with the modular Museum, also it’s a whole 16x33 baseplate. It can sell bones, wigs, or frogs.

Edit edit:

Goddamn :stwoon:

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Nov 9, 2023