Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

mobby_6kl posted:

No there are definitely dong bones too

More like short-dicked weasel lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Wistful of Dollars posted:

What does your search history look like

totally normal to google this at work

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

they call raccoon dick bones Texas toothpicks

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Post10 sighs and unsheathes his rake thing

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Vlaphor posted:

Sometimes you just gotta get creative...

Pretty sure that tv fits in the back seats...?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

goatsestretchgoals posted:

Assuming you can tip the machine on its side

You can not.

Food Boner posted:

Seems like an official waiver to be signed is in order

I mean, the contracts themselves have the same wording. But that doesn't change anything cause the customer doing the "nah I'm right and you, guy who's done this for 10 years, are wrong" thing flipping out when something goes wrong like that even though they said it wouldn't.

Vlaphor posted:

Sometimes you just gotta get creative...

Speaking of Priuses...

One time a guy in a Prius came to get a 5k watt generator. This thing had a steel tube frame with wheels and handles, so it could be moved around like a wheelbarrow. We mentioned that it wasn't gonna fit in his Prius. He told us how wrong we were. We said "Okay but you understand that we're not responsible for damages"

We load it into the prius, he smugly says "See I told you" and then shuts the hatch, shattering his back glass because it didn't fit. He got all mad, I just handed him a broom and dustpan and told him if he didn't clean it I'd charge him a cleaning fee. We have dogs and i'm not letting his error mess up their paws.

He uses it, brings it back the next day.

The next year, he wants to rent the same one for the same event. I try to talk him into renting a pickup truck, or getting two smaller generators. Nope. Absolutely brings the same prius again. We point out that it doesn't fit, and he goes "Ah, but it's the metal frame that causes the problem."

I agree that yes, it is the metal frame that technically broke his window. So he rents it, I wheel it out, and put it behind his car. He demands I take it apart. "Nope. I rented it to you in this condition, this is the condition it comes back to me in. Let me know when you've got it apart and i'll help you load it" So he grumbles and borrows an adjustable wrench and takes it apart, we load it, he comes back and tries to return it taken apart. I point out that isn't how he got it. Put it back.

He does this same song and dance for 4 more years.

On the 7th year, he shows up in a panel van. I mention "Hey, now that you've got this it's gonna be a lot easier!"

"Oh, i've had this the entire time."

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

CainFortea posted:

You can not.

I mean, the contracts themselves have the same wording. But that doesn't change anything cause the customer doing the "nah I'm right and you, guy who's done this for 10 years, are wrong" thing flipping out when something goes wrong like that even though they said it wouldn't.

Speaking of Priuses...

One time a guy in a Prius came to get a 5k watt generator. This thing had a steel tube frame with wheels and handles, so it could be moved around like a wheelbarrow. We mentioned that it wasn't gonna fit in his Prius. He told us how wrong we were. We said "Okay but you understand that we're not responsible for damages"

We load it into the prius, he smugly says "See I told you" and then shuts the hatch, shattering his back glass because it didn't fit. He got all mad, I just handed him a broom and dustpan and told him if he didn't clean it I'd charge him a cleaning fee. We have dogs and i'm not letting his error mess up their paws.

The next year, he wants to rent the same one for the same event. I try to talk him into renting a pickup truck, or getting two smaller generators. Nope. Absolutely brings the same prius again. We point out that it doesn't fit, and he goes "Ah, but it's the metal frame that causes the problem."

I agree that yes, it is the metal frame that technically broke his window. So he rents it, I wheel it out, and put it behind his car. He demands I take it apart. "Nope. I rented it to you in this condition, this is the condition it comes back to me in. Let me know when you've got it apart and i'll help you load it" So he grumbles and borrows an adjustable wrench and takes it apart, we load it, he comes back and tries to return it taken apart. I point out that isn't how he got it. Put it back.

On the 7th year, he shows up in a panel van. I mention "Hey, now that you've got this it's gonna be a lot easier!"

Jesus wept.

Not sure who is a bigger pain, this guy or margarita machine lady.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

I wasn't prepared for that punchline
Omg what the hell

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

CainFortea posted:

You can not.

Speaking of Priuses...

holy loving poo poo LOL

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Space Kablooey posted:

As someone who used to help load tvs, no, probably not. Most doors only open about 60° or so now without a release lever to let them swing wider. Combine that with long seats and center console curves and you'd be lucky to get larger than a 43" in most sedans

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Big rear end On Fire posted:

Jesus wept.

Well I never had to call the cops on the Generator Guy. He didn't really flip out at any point, he was just whiney. And he did clean all the broken glass so he's got that going for him.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Sentient Data posted:

As someone who used to help load tvs, no, probably not. Most doors only open about 60° or so now without a release lever to let them swing wider. Combine that with long seats and center console curves and you'd be lucky to get larger than a 43" in most sedans

The lesson for larger TVs has been to either have a friend with an SUV, or have it delivered. And since delivery is free from so many places now, that's far and away the easiest thing to do.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Space Kablooey posted:

Not a chance. If you’re super lucky a 60” tv in box will just barely fit across the back seats of a modern car. 65” and there is no chance.

Take it out of the box and it’ll probably fit tho.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
just have a friend lie on the hood holding the tv on top of the roof. avoid sudden braking is all

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Big rear end On Fire posted:

Jesus wept.

They're better together. By combining their generator and margarita machine, you can get sloshed.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

This is why I have a convertible. Just stick it vertically and I have infinite cargo space! :v: as long as the weather is decent

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Kith posted:

sometimes manhole covers are random encounter enemies

https://i.imgur.com/UkwrHsA.mp4

Computer viking posted:

Ha, for once I know exactly where that is - it's just outside the new national museum [of arts and crafts] in Oslo. Can't say I've noticed that happening there, though.

Is this from wave action on a tunnel connected to the sea?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kazy posted:

This is why I have a convertible. Just stick it vertically and I have infinite cargo space! :v: as long as the weather is decent

:same:

Not my photos but been there done that

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Sentient Data posted:

I tried to get a 46" tv in the back seat of my Camry in the late 2000's and couldn't actually get the doors closed, so I had to go rent a Uhaul to get it home. When I finally upgraded to a 65", I had that sucker delivered.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
From Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/InteriorDesign/comments/17pzs0x/happy_with_how_this_turned_out/

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Setting aside all the obvious structural issues with doing this... You have to keep the stair area clear to be able to unfold them anyway, wnd it's not like you can clear the space from the upper level either. What benefit could folding stairs like this possibly have?

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I can fold down the back seats in my car to extend the trunk into the passenger area. The opening isn't the full width of the car so I'd have to measure it first, but I bet I could get a 60-65" TV in a box in there

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

SkyeAuroline posted:

Setting aside all the obvious structural issues with doing this... You have to keep the stair area clear to be able to unfold them anyway, wnd it's not like you can clear the space from the upper level either. What benefit could folding stairs like this possibly have?

Giving the benefit of the doubt that there was any thought at all put into this beyond "hmmmm, social media likes and reposts..." if the area is somewhere people pass through often, it could provide some extra space to get through a poorly-planned hallway.

But it could be executed in like five-hundred ways that would be better.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

FuturePastNow posted:

I can fold down the back seats in my car to extend the trunk into the passenger area. The opening isn't the full width of the car so I'd have to measure it first, but I bet I could get a 60-65" TV in a box in there

Yeah i was going to ask about folding the back seats also

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

The box for a 65" tv won't even fit into an attic door, I would honestly eat my hat if you could get one in the back of an average car. They're surprisingly large and unwieldy, even if they are crazy light these days.

Salami Surgeon
Jan 21, 2001

Don't close. Don't close.

Nap Ghost

FuturePastNow posted:

Modern LCDs are probably OK to lay flat, but plasmas were not. Both the TVs and packaging weren't designed for horizontal rigidity, so the glass panels would crack easily when transported that way. It's been ingrained in a lot of people to never lay a TV flat.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I always said steps should be suspended using screws in their top sides, and everyone laughed at me. Well who's laughing now, haters :c00lbert:

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

FuturePastNow posted:

I still have the box for my 65" tv so I just went to measure it: 64"Lx38"Wx7"D. I'd be shocked if you can get this into a car somehow, I can't even store it anywhere besides my basement because it is so gigantic. I couldn't even get the 46" TV to fit through the passthrough with the seats down.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Space Kablooey posted:

Yeah i was going to ask about folding the back seats also
🎵 Thinking of the fear I've had so long 🎵

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

SkyeAuroline posted:

If you add some kind of latch to the top then it will work like a draw bridge against home invaders that have broken through the front door and the upper floor is your citadel :hist101:

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.io/0UIQx2c.mp4

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

SkyeAuroline posted:

trapping a sibling upstairs while your parents are gone

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Kazy posted:

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
The situation in which I would build the foldy stairs (and what I assumed I was looking at in the pictures initially) would be a tiny home where your upstairs is a loft with a bed in it. It's utterly worth the initial effort to fold up stairs you won't use all day, that's at least ~a standard fridge amount of walking space freed up.

I would, however, not build it as a mechanism to focus an entire human's weight on the tension axis of a few 1" wood screws

flashbacks to the lumber run in my 2 door coupe that was among the final straws leading to me purchasing a van.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

The sportier way to trap birds.

Electric Wrigglies
Feb 6, 2015

This is awesome. Love the attention to detail of binning the manual (in a tiny little bin) immediately after flicking through the pages.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Nenonen posted:

They're better together. By combining their generator and margarita machine, you can get sloshed.

Yeah just think of the MPMs you could manage

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I've almost been "that guy" when loading things into my Honda Fit, assuring the skeptical seller that yes, it will fit in my car. The difference is that it always worked :v:

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
I wonder how long many bird attacks it took to get a warning sticker like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Kazy posted:

I also once loaded two deck sanders and an aircompressor in the back of some little convertible Miata or something. It was very new and shiny and the guy was like "eh it's fine it's a rental"

My dude you're renting stuff from us this does not inspire confidence