Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I wrote Rise of Skywalker

My wife wrote Rise of Skywalker too

Ccs posted:

Anyway I don't really care about a Zelda movie. I'd have more interest if it was animated.

Yeah same. I haven't played any of the games since the SNES, and I doubt they would do even that justice by going appropriately grandiose. The latter games have become a bit deeper, as I understand it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

It’s Zeldin’ time

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The soundtrack is probably gonna go real goddamn hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WrgY2O6xHE

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Goddamnit, Hollywood. Just give me the Metal gear Solid movie(s) i've been craving for decades.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eULR8z5ZJK4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfKA4b5SFq4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8pg2XoQTlA

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Gonz posted:

Goddamnit, Hollywood. Just give me the Metal gear Solid movie(s) i've been craving for decades.
We kinda got it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBF6CZGIgeo

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Pirate Jet posted:

Do you mean extra stupid changes that don’t add anything like constant 80s needle drops and a Tenacious D solo number

I would absolutely love a tenacious d solo number. Probably the only thing that could make it watchable

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Bowser having a musical number that's terrible and cringe as gently caress is absolutely perfect

I just treated the needle drops as like the inexplicable licensed covers of famous songs in the old Super Mario Bros cartoons, they had a Thriller cover and Burn Baby Burn for some reason.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
the Peaches Bowser song but it's Ganon for Zelda

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Why would you make a Zelda movie live action

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Especially if you're not going to use a Tangerine Dream score

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
So they don't have to animate Ganondorf's penis.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Chairman Capone posted:

To be fair, Connolly co-wrote the un produced version of Episode IX which was better than Rise of Skywalker.

Also to be fair probably any script would be better than Rise of Skywalker.

If anything could be worse than the Rise of Skywalker script, it’s a Colin Trevorrow/Derek Connolly script.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Yeah everyone involved makes this seem like a stinker

Yes, even Miyamoto, who might be a god tier game developer isn't in his wheelhouse when it comes to storytelling. Especially with those clowns.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Gonz posted:

Good news! There’s one in the works. Bad news! Its producer is also Morbius’ Avi Arad.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
The live action Zelda movie is probably going to use up three quarters of its run time with movie specific scene setting before providing a mediocre interpretation of the games' basic narrative throughline. It'll be some flavor of bearable, everyone will see it, and no one will care about it by next year. This is actually the good outcome. The bad outcome is five years from now I have to hear about Zelda fatigue.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Just watch, Matt Mercer's gonna be playing Ganondorf in the live-action Zelda, too

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I’m going to watch the Zelda movie the way I watched the cut scenes in TOTK, by skipping it.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Three hours of Link cutting down shrubs and bushes and fighting chickens.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Congrats on Chris Pratt still getting work tho

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
One day white people will be gone and we can say goodbye to Chris Pratt forever 🤲

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Still bustin' I guess...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFNK_KEmcWs

This ghost sure loves The Day After Tomorrow

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Frozen Empire?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

New York is the Empire State. Empire State Building, etc. etc.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
It's just so loving clunky, especially for a Ghostbusters movie.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Elsa and Anna aren't content with the kingdom of Arendale and the northern woods any more, they're moving an army to conquer nearby kingdoms and force them to join their Frozen Empire.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
Zelda honestly is a property that would be hard to screw up, it'll be derived from the most generic parts of the series and not any of the interesting bits like endlessly repeating the last three days before the end of the world or a world that's been totally covered in water. Some fantasy fighting poo poo, Link gets the Master Sword, there's a last-minute time travel twist, save Zelda, credits. So I can't wait to see how they screw it up.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Zelda movie should be exclusively based on that weird forgettable Zelda train game for the DS

feedmyleg posted:

Especially if you're not going to use a Tangerine Dream score

Bonus: it would allow them to use Love On A Real Train on the soundtrack

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

We all know the Zelda movie will start in the real world following a kid named Aiden (a random kid from Stranger Things) who reads and daydreams about fantasy but is bullied at school and one day is isekaied into the land of Zelda and meets Link (The Rock) and Zelda (Scarlett Johansson), and together they defeat the evil Gohma (CGI) only to find out that Link's fake-dead best friend Ganon (Josh Gad) is the one true evil villain

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Failed Imagineer posted:

Zelda movie should be exclusively based on that weird forgettable Zelda train game for the DS

Base it on the even weirder and incomprehensible CDi Zelda.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

stranger things kids are too old. its time for the chucky kids to shine

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

It’ll be Josh hutcherson

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Tars Tarkas posted:

Still bustin' I guess...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFNK_KEmcWs

This ghost sure loves The Day After Tomorrow

strange, they forgot the jokes

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Asterite34 posted:

Just watch, Matt Mercer's gonna be playing Ganondorf in the live-action Zelda, too

Judging by the tumblring that happened from that they will pull a sonic on the design

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I guarantee all the fan fic this thread is writing will be worse than the movie ever could be

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I’m going to watch that new GB movie in five years while drunk and forget everything about it like the last one

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Len posted:

I guarantee all the fan fic this thread is writing will be worse than the movie ever could be

you really don't know that for sure

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Also I’m rewatching Ad Astra and I forgot how beautiful it was. Not a great movie, but really gorgeous

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

kalel posted:

you really don't know that for sure

My memory is spotty but I would be good money a lot of these are what was written about Mario only with the characters and production company swapped

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I haven’t even posted my Chuck Lingle treatment yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Professor Shark posted:

Also I’m rewatching Ad Astra and I forgot how beautiful it was. Not a great movie, but really gorgeous

I for one have never seen more breathtaking space baboons.