Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

bedpan posted:

Okay. . .just please consider the following scenario:

It's five to ten years from now. You're sitting in a restaurant, enjoying a lovely meal, when I walk in, accompanied by my wife, my children, and my human pet (whose genitals are covered as it enters on all fours and is wearing underpants). If my family and I then make an order of our own at a table next to you, in what way have we infringed upon your freedom? What rational basis do you have to demand that we leave our beloved pet at home?

H*ck it all, let's consider a more extreme scenario: it's five to ten years from now. You're sitting in a restaurant, enjoying a lovely meal, when I walk in, without my wife and children (for whatever reason they haven't accompanied me), with my surgically modified human pet (wearing a collar) being led in by it's leash. My pet has been spayed/neutered (thought you can't tell because its genitals - along with its boobies if its a female - have been covered up), it has no vocal chords, and it walks on all fours not by choice but because its toes have been removed, along with the tendons in its ankles being severed (it may also have had its thumbs and the last two segments of each finger amputated, making it easier to care for - no fingernails to trim). Perhaps I've even (humanely) removed its eyes, making it less independent. Even in this scenario, I haven't infringed upon your liberties.

"Irrationally prejudiced" is precisely what you are.

john wick: yeah... i'm thinking im irrationally prejudiced

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Houle
Oct 21, 2010

bedpan posted:

It's five to ten years from now. You're sitting in a restaurant, enjoying a lovely meal, when I walk in, accompanied by my wife, my children, and my human pet (whose genitals are covered as it enters on all fours and is wearing underpants). If my family and I then make an order of our own at a table next to you, in what way have we infringed upon your freedom? What rational basis do you have to demand that we leave our beloved pet at home?

H*ck it all, let's consider a more extreme scenario: it's five to ten years from now. You're sitting in a restaurant, enjoying a lovely meal, when I walk in, without my wife and children (for whatever reason they haven't accompanied me), with my surgically modified human pet (wearing a collar) being led in by it's leash. My pet has been spayed/neutered (thought you can't tell because its genitals - along with its boobies if its a female - have been covered up), it has no vocal chords, and it walks on all fours not by choice but because its toes have been removed, along with the tendons in its ankles being severed (it may also have had its thumbs and the last two segments of each finger amputated, making it easier to care for - no fingernails to trim). Perhaps I've even (humanely) removed its eyes, making it less independent. Even in this scenario, I haven't infringed upon your liberties.

Look at GuilliHornyio Del Toro over here with his sexy rear end pans labyrinth monster rule34.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Grusch got his groove back

https://twitter.com/ddeanjohnson/status/1722304448284791222?s=20

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
"encourage" might be the operative word there

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Can’t crush the Grusch.

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

RE reflectivity: I mean that it wasn't a cloud or I dunno, something..vaporous? It was metallic (I'm assuming) and it reflected the sunlight.

As for anyone launching a balloon, see this picture. Red circle is where I was on the road, yellow blobbish line is where the object appeared to disappear behind the hill behind the mall.

Balloon would have been going against the wind.

I dunno. There is an airport nearish, but that was the wrong direction for a plane coming in to land and I heard nothing about a crash, sooo..not a helicopter or plane.

Like I said. Can't explain it using any sort of logical reasoning I can come up with.

I may report to NUFORC. Doesn't hurt I suppose.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Same sort of whining you hear from historians about Hancock and yet they keep having to revise their dates with each new buried city we find

Get on the train nerds, we're going to Alientown

and waiting for the pennsylvania we never found!!!

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

my bony fealty posted:

hoaxes own and hoaxing is a long tradition. glory to the hoaxers.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Slava hoaxia

inchworm
Jun 23, 2023
grusch gets his clearance back, SCIF is approved, he comes in with a thick poster carrier on his back

"is that a daggum map? to the contractors? military bases?" asks Burchett

"better" says Grusch, slowly pulling out the longest mummy yet

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

inchworm posted:

grusch gets his clearance back, SCIF is approved, he comes in with a thick poster carrier on his back

"is that a daggum map? to the contractors? military bases?" asks Burchett

"better" says Grusch, slowly pulling out the longest mummy yet

lee harvey oswald bracing one end against his shoulder, he looks down the length of his single-action longmummy onto the dallas morning outside the book depository window. “that fucker is gonna ejaculate so hard he dies of dehydration” he says to no one in particular. “wom!!” says the longmummy, enthusiastic to blast reptorgasmic spirit eggs at kennedys dome

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.

Skifree was disclosure

Objurium
Aug 8, 2009

This dude is the new head of AARO it seems.

quote:

Department of Defense Announces the Deputy Director, All-domain Anomaly Resolution Office
Nov. 8, 2023

Timothy A. Phillips has arrived on assignment from the Office of the Director of National Intelligence. Title 50 U.S. Code § 3373 directs the Director of National Intelligence to appoint the deputy director of the All-domain Anomaly Resolution Office in coordination with the Secretary of Defense. A member of the Senior National Intelligence Service since 2006, Phillips brings to AARO his extensive experience in geospatial intelligence collection and mission management, expertise that is critical to enabling DOD and intelligence community components to successfully identify, characterize, and resolve unidentified anomalous phenomena.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/tim-phillips-479340135/

Also, I picked up Pasulka's new book and found this tidbit in the foreword interesting.

DW Pasulka posted:

The ensuing pages outline the lived realities of the practitioners of this new spiritual reorientation. While billionaires clamor to acquire UFO data to create new super technologies and governments carefully manage the public perception of UFOS through new programs affiliated with major universities, witnesses and experiencers quietly continue to live the missions that they feel are uniquely theirs.

Seems explicitly like potshots aimed at Peter Thiel / Enigma Labs and Avi / Harvard, respectively - no?

inchworm
Jun 23, 2023

E Depois do Adeus posted:

Skifree was disclosure

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Had a dream the north sky had a bunch of military planes, like big stealth bombers flying low in the middle of the day. They were interacting with these big things that looked like box kites made from gold foil, but it was more like

Imagine if you took a box kite frame and dipped it in soapy water, how it would form surfaces of least area? It they were like that, no inside volume, all surface of slightly crinkled seeming gold, and were zipping around sorta just going around doing whatever they wanted, no inertia, no sound, no wind resistance, arbitrary orientation. Huge, air liner size

The planes were super slow just barely able to even turn or adjust altitude at all in comparison, and we're clearly trying to pull moves that were basically impossible

There was a part about literal birds and a part about trying to attract these kite ufos by towing white-foil objects, like dummy airplanes thru the sky, but I don't remember it so well

Well that's my astral dream report for the day ty

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

D-Pad posted:

https://www.vice.com/en/article/m7bxdx/scientists-are-researching-a-device-that-can-induce-lucid-dreams-on-demand

This is neat. There have been lucid dreaming devices before but from what I've read they never worked very well. This one is proposing to use transcranial ultrasound to induce and modulate lucid dreams. It's not as crazy as it sounds, there are a lot of really cool things scientists have been able to do with this technology so it's certainly possible it could be used for this purpose. Sounds like it is very early stages but I hope it works it would be rad as hell and I'd pay a good chunk of change for a device that reliably enabled me to lucid dream and even modulated the quality and emotional state of the dream.

Edit: Also if you could jailbreak this device so you could target the ultrasound however you wanted it would be both dangerous but super awesome. Orgasms, euphoria, etc on demand...

this is the plot of the Dreamfall series and I really like those games so bring it on I say

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q28BH0ymGPI

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

absolutely watch this video its insane to see this stuff said on the House floor lmao

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Objurium posted:

Also, I picked up Pasulka's new book and found this tidbit in the foreword interesting.

Seems explicitly like potshots aimed at Peter Thiel / Enigma Labs and Avi / Harvard, respectively - no?

Is the Sol Foundation university affiliated? I can't recall.

Objurium
Aug 8, 2009

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Is the Sol Foundation university affiliated? I can't recall.

The inaugural conference is being held at Stanford but I don't believe it's a Stanford-led program. Pasulka is also on the advisory board for Sol IIRC.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

bedpan posted:

lmfao

Objurium
Aug 8, 2009

Also I just wanted to say for the umpteenth time how grateful I am for this thread and its regulars.

I made the mistake of sitting in on a bigger UFO Twitter space the other night full of some of the loudest / most prominent people in the field and it was just loving insufferable - just like 20 clout chasers talking past one another and reciting well-researched and documented information incorrectly while everyone trips on their dicks to offer "intros" to friends of friends that can help poster x get unblocked by poster y.

Just absolutely worthless.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

bedpan posted:

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i had my first set of dreams in a while

mostly not gonna talk about them, but one ofthem, i was working for archons trying to do stuff on earth and one of them was Pluto but he kept sending these really warped and hosed up entities who couldn't get the job done without starting poo poo or being violent. they werent really demons per se? They were souls without bodies, and were socialized like a dog that's never been out in public before.

I kept getting really annoyed because Jupiter's people were drama queens who would start poo poo a the drop of a hat, and pluto was sending these basically non functional entities for muscle, but was otherwise fairly helpful/nice. Every time violence broke out i had to rewind the clock, which was easy because 'time' was actually dimension i could move through more or less at will, but I realized we were stuck in some kind of loop and the thing we were working on was fated to fail no matter what we did, so i talked everyone into starting over before i woke up.

i'm glad to be dreaming again but it was loving stupid mostly

inchworm
Jun 23, 2023

It's four years from now. You're sitting in a restaurant, enjoying a lovely meal, when I walk in, accompanied by my wife, my children, and my mummy (whose holes are covered as it enters on all fours and is wearing paper mache). If my family and I then make an order of our own at a table next to you, in what way have we infringed upon your freedom? What rational basis do you have to demand that we leave our beloved mummy at home?

H*ck it all, let's consider a more extreme scenario: it's four years from now. You're sitting in a restaurant, enjoying a lovely meal, when I walk in, without my wife and children (for whatever reason they haven't accompanied me), with my surgically modified mummy (obsidian and silver plates) being led in by it's loosh. My mummy has been deholed (thought you can't tell because its holes - along with its eggs if its a female - have been covered up), it has no vocal chords, and it walks on all fours not by choice but because its toes have been removed, along with the tendons in its ankles being severed (it may also have had its thumbs and the last two fingers amputated, making it easier to care for - only six fingers). Perhaps I've even (telepathically) removed its eyes, making it less independent. Even in this scenario, I haven't infringed upon your liberties.

"Ontologically shocked" is precisely what you are.

Zoobtro
Aug 22, 2003

Got miself a nice little earner, isn't it

inchworm posted:

It's four years from now. You're sitting in a restaurant, enjoying a lovely meal, when I walk in, accompanied by my wife, my children, and my mummy (whose holes are covered as it enters on all fours and is wearing paper mache). If my family and I then make an order of our own at a table next to you, in what way have we infringed upon your freedom? What rational basis do you have to demand that we leave our beloved mummy at home?

H*ck it all, let's consider a more extreme scenario: it's four years from now. You're sitting in a restaurant, enjoying a lovely meal, when I walk in, without my wife and children (for whatever reason they haven't accompanied me), with my surgically modified mummy (obsidian and silver plates) being led in by it's loosh. My mummy has been deholed (thought you can't tell because its holes - along with its eggs if its a female - have been covered up), it has no vocal chords, and it walks on all fours not by choice but because its toes have been removed, along with the tendons in its ankles being severed (it may also have had its thumbs and the last two fingers amputated, making it easier to care for - only six fingers). Perhaps I've even (telepathically) removed its eyes, making it less independent. Even in this scenario, I haven't infringed upon your liberties.

"Ontologically shocked" is precisely what you are.

what's a loosh?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Are the mummies real yet

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Is there even 10 years left of "normal" civilization left?

Biosphere death and crop famine are coming way sooner than later

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Objurium posted:

Also I just wanted to say for the umpteenth time how grateful I am for this thread and its regulars.

I made the mistake of sitting in on a bigger UFO Twitter space the other night full of some of the loudest / most prominent people in the field and it was just loving insufferable - just like 20 clout chasers talking past one another and reciting well-researched and documented information incorrectly while everyone trips on their dicks to offer "intros" to friends of friends that can help poster x get unblocked by poster y.

Just absolutely worthless.

I know what you mean. Other than being a huge X-Files fan growing up I always thought we'd never really know if we were alone or not. Then the Chinese balloon flew over my apartment and everyone was open about it, no big deal right?

Then the other two events happened, everyone got cagey and when Grusch, Graves and Fravor spoke out I got a lot more involved in reading UFO Twitter. That place is hell to navigate.

inchworm
Jun 23, 2023

Zoobtro posted:

what's a loosh?

i only said it because it's close to leash it doesn't rlly make sense

Robert Monroe, in one of his OOBE books, says he witnesses some kind of entity/ies that feed off of human's negative energy, called loosh

e: now that im reading the part in the book where he talks about it, i guess im wrong and i have no idea what the hell he's talking about

inchworm has issued a correction as of 20:40 on Nov 8, 2023

Zoobtro
Aug 22, 2003

little doll dudes zip zooming around https://www.reddit.com/r/AlienBodies/comments/17q5ye3/here_are_the_pictures_from_the_deleted_post/

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Objurium posted:

This guy was the deputy head under Kirkpatrick and will be interim director for now although he could conceivably be appointed permanently in the future.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

inchworm posted:

i only said it because it's close to leash it doesn't rlly make sense

Robert Monroe, in one of his OOBE books, says he witnesses some kind of entity/ies that feed off of human's negative energy, called loosh

e: now that im reading the part in the book where he talks about it, i guess im wrong and i have no idea what the hell he's talking about

Screenshot the excerpt/copy pasta so I can read the loosh

Zoobtro
Aug 22, 2003

The Demilich posted:

i thought it was an amusing typo and i was being an rear end in a top hat but if there's legit loosh lore i want to know more

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?
They look like monsters to you?

The Demilich posted:

Chapter 12 of his third second book, Far Journeys: https://archive.org/details/robert-a.-monroe-far-journeys/Robert%20A.%20Monroe%20-%20Far%20Journeys/page/n83/mode/2up

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

At this point it means just that, Archons or whatever your equivalent is feeding off of our negative energy which is why we are made to suffer. There's a sort of mention of it in Chains of the Sea where something is feeding from a cow but I think that is more of a mosquito-like feeding off of the life force.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Here's a very trustworthy website which you know is trustworthy because it has truth in the title

https://tommytruthful.com/what-is-the-loosh-stop-feeding-dark-dimensional-entities-your-negative-energy/

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Also Chains of the Sea is disclosure and also depressing so it's definitely real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoobtro
Aug 22, 2003

sharknado slashfic posted:

Here's a very trustworthy website which you know is trustworthy because it has truth in the title

https://tommytruthful.com/what-is-the-loosh-stop-feeding-dark-dimensional-entities-your-negative-energy/

i chose to not get alerted on that website and i regret bringing attention to loosh