Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
XPost from the NBA thread, but this was heartwarming to watch:

https://x.com/PelicansNBA/status/1722067357760184345?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/TiptonEdits/status/1722439350485414090

congrats to UF on their very own oaf

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
oh god from Montreal too

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

oh poo poo is it this kid?????
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukLPhius-5o

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

that is in fact the same olivier rioux

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

RIP Desus and mero you’re both not nearly as funny separately

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
UNLV dropped their gimme-game opener to Southern by 14, that's gotta sting

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

elentar posted:

UNLV dropped their gimme-game opener to Southern by 14, that's gotta sting

Lmfao

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

good god https://twitter.com/colindeavertv/status/1722652988198588891?s=46&t=2RtKUZF-7mtwaGnhOLp93A

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Doctor Bradley

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

God that's a great idea for a kid's name

drat this vasectomy

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

James Madison thus far: 2 road games, 3 overtimes, 2-0

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

if i was kent state's coach i would have instructed my players not to commit the world's most obvious offensive foul up by 2 points with 0.9 second remaining

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Is there another way to watch the UT-UW game tonight on TV or am I gonna have to put up with Peacock’s bullshit?

Yes yes I know, :filez: but I’d rather just use the cable service I pay for.

Apex Rogers
Jun 12, 2006

disturbingly functional

Peacock or bust

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Duke vs AZ would be a lot more interesting in January than it is in November, neither of these teams clearly got their kinks worked out yet.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Who knows if it lasts, but in about a game and a half, Michigan is already more fun than they were basically the entire last year.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

why are Virginia and Florida playing in Charlotte

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

elentar posted:

why are Virginia and Florida playing in Charlotte

it's equally inconvenient for both of them

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

the refs just consulted an entirely different monitor from the official one, which they had already consulted, to reverse an on the court call with less than a minute left. never seen that before

edit: fortunately Florida can’t keep their hands on the ball and that’s that

elentar fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Nov 11, 2023

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

yes, make the dukies mad

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Audible U of A chant in Camden, that rules. Hey they got me to care about a college basketball game in November.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
gently caress duke

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
mizzou is big boy-ing memphis so far tonight and sean east is looking to have a breakout year

oops maybe spoke too soon. classic mizzou move to go up 15 then let it slip away

Mike_V fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Nov 11, 2023

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Louisville lost to Chattanooga at home by 10. This after needing a late comeback just to beat UMBC by 1 on Monday.

I was at a high school football game tonight and grumblings from the Louisville fans were quite audible as news of the final score spread. At this rate I'm not sure Kenny Payne even makes it to 2024.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I love Dalton Knecht

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

another famous northwestern basketball victory

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Joey Freshwater posted:

I love Dalton Knecht

what a pickup, dude looks incredible early on

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Nicholls State beating LSU in Baton Rouge will probably end up as one of the more improbable losses of the year, especially with them having just lost New Mexico State transfer Doctor Bradley to the continuing sexual assault / hazing investigation.

meanwhile the post-Bob Huggins era at WVU is getting underway with a home loss to Monmouth

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

Rick posted:

Duke vs AZ would be a lot more interesting in January than it is in November, neither of these teams clearly got their kinks worked out yet.

On the one hand, Duke Lost. On the other hand, Caleb Love won.

I'm gonna count this as a win with an asterisk.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Regarding Kansas I don't know what you can take from these blowouts but I AM noticing something in the box score that I like. KU on the assist count yesterday had 25 and the Jaspers had 10. I only mention this because against NC Central Kansas had 34 and they had 5. Somebody with deep analytics tell me why KU is blowing teams away in assist to turnover ration. Coaching? Or is it just a talent disparity? FYI I missed both games.

Anyway poo poo gets real now

quote:

the Jayhawks (2-0) have No. 16 Kentucky next in the Champions Classic on Tuesday night. Then they head to the Maui Invitational, where a stacked field includes No. 3 Purdue, No. 5 Marquette, No. 9 Tennessee, No. 11 Gonzaga, Syracuse and Tennessee. And soon after returning home, sixth-ranked and defending national champ UConn visits Allen Fieldhouse.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Notre Dame loses by 10 at home to Western Carolina without really even being competitive for most of the game, Irish gonna have a long year fighting Louisville for the ACC basement and the one game between the two is in Kentucky. Brey left that cupboard bare

Georgetown losing at home to Holy Cross, gonna be a long year in DC too

elentar fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Nov 12, 2023

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

ISU blows out another cupcake. Only surprising thing right now is Omaha Bielew isn’t getting a ton of playing time. I figured he’d be a starter on day one.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

On the ladies side, NC State currently taking it to UCONN.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Bird in a Blender posted:

On the ladies side, NC State currently taking it to UCONN.

had some friends at Reynolds Coliseum for the game who said they were maxing out the ancient noise meter, nice to have one revenue program capable of knocking off big names now and then

edit: if Maryland can't manage to pull out games against the likes of Davidson or UAB, they are gonna get eaten alive in the Big Ten slate, they're already down to needing a win away either to Villanova or UCLA to salvage something for the nonconference resume

elentar fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Nov 13, 2023

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Rip to Maryland basketball, you were good for a few years two decades ago

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

elentar posted:

had some friends at Reynolds Coliseum for the game who said they were maxing out the ancient noise meter, nice to have one revenue program capable of knocking off big names now and then

edit: if Maryland can't manage to pull out games against the likes of Davidson or UAB, they are gonna get eaten alive in the Big Ten slate, they're already down to needing a win away either to Villanova or UCLA to salvage something for the nonconference resume

They're not winning either of those games unfortunately. The Kevin Willard train has derailed quickly.

Squashy
Dec 24, 2005

150cc of psilocybinic power
I'm a UAB fan but we are a shell of last year's team so far. No shooter, no point, downgraded at big. I'm embarrassed we put Shaver on the floor at all vs Clemson. Andy Kennedy cost us that game

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

sharknado slashfic posted:

They're not winning either of those games unfortunately. The Kevin Willard train has derailed quickly.

Ok maybe Nova

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Pitt is looking like a sleeper this year, freshman Carlton Carrington has been sick in 3 games, averaging 18.3/6.3/7.0 while shooting 47.4% from 3

https://youtu.be/muz8hM5JFi8