Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

https://www.cp24.com/mobile/news/a-...3A%2F%2Ft.co%2F

35 homes under construction caught on fire. Probably nothing

Fire season is year round now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IĂŤÂ̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓gĂŤÂ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

RBC posted:

So let's say you bought a few of these and couldn't afford to close on them anymore because of interest rates and might lose your 100k+ deposit.

Then suddenly they catch on fire for some reason.

What happens?

THey burn down, I think

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

RBC posted:

So let's say you bought a few of these and couldn't afford to close on them anymore because of interest rates and might lose your 100k+ deposit.

Then suddenly they catch on fire for some reason.

What happens?

The deposits are insured, Tarion requires coverage like that across Ontario. So you get the deposit back if the build is canceled by the builder, or you have the option to stick around or ditch with the deposit if the builder plans to continue the build.

Funny how that works

ElehemEare
May 20, 2001
I am an omnipotent penguin.

The cowards deleted the thread but lol @ the big mad conservative media response to yesterdays protests.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Kinsella posting how the protestors don't have one sign condemning Hamas, what a loving nerd.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

DaysBefore posted:

I already forgot

From now on, all hockey players are named Michael, so we never forget them

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

ARACHTION posted:

If the whole NHL were all Michaels we would never have a hockey rape problem

goddamnit

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I would at least have the decency to die of embarrassment if I wrote a column in the Toronto Sun that Ben Mulroney agreed with.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

i hate this stupid loving country

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Kinsella and and Coyne and the rest of canada's pundit class are all unethical amoral weasels who should have been stuffed into a locker and dumped in the ocean when they were teenagers and the only good part of social media is being able to tell these assholes to go gently caress themselves

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
rex murphys youtube channel only has 20k subscribers

these people have not been relevant since 2010

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Tighclops posted:

Kinsella and and Coyne and the rest of canada's pundit class are all unethical amoral weasels who should have been stuffed into a locker and dumped in the ocean when they were teenagers and the only good part of social media is being able to tell these assholes to go gently caress themselves

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Davy Jones starts terrorizing Caribbean cruises by blasting them with insufferably smug political screeds.

ElehemEare
May 20, 2001
I am an omnipotent penguin.

Tighclops posted:

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Tighclops posted:

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
https://twitter.com/RebelNewsOnline/status/1721575108274171914?s=20

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Alex Jones looks like a human head-shaped balloon in that image. That's it, that's all I have to contribute to this conversation.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

thanks, I hate it

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

Alex Jones looking more bloated and MiB 1 cockroach guy than usual there

corgiwizard
Oct 27, 2020

Vincent D’Onofrio as Alex Jones let’s make it happen

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

If they got Damian Lewis to be Rob Ford anything's possible.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Haha unforced error

corgiwizard
Oct 27, 2020

New Alberta healthcare is a, uh… brilliant idea that will have no negative repercussions.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
No powder, you cook your pasta, then shred your own cheese from a big block of cheddar, add milk and butter to taste.

You can also add stuff like green peas or bacon or whatever you want.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

MonsieurChoc posted:

what are you, some kind of pervert?

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

corgiwizard posted:

New Alberta healthcare is a, uh… brilliant idea that will have no negative repercussions.

quote:

The Alberta government will restructure the delivery of health care in the province in a sweeping overhaul that Premier Danielle Smith promises will help solve capacity issues caused by a flawed system.

The changes will dismantle the single service provider model and spread the responsibilities of Alberta's health provider, Alberta Health Services (AHS), among a handful of new organizations.

In a news conference Wednesday, Smith announced a myriad of structural changes that will alter how health services are delivered to Albertans.

Four new organizations will deliver health services in primary care, acute care, continuing care and mental health and addiction care.

One simple trick to reduce red tape: take all of the red tape off of the roll to create four independent wads of red tape that sometimes stick to each other.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
god that sounds horribly stupid

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
Yes but it's also expensive.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

RIP Alberta

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR5wLxm7x_E

corgiwizard
Oct 27, 2020

Danielle Smith is separating the cheese powder from the noodle box for efficiency.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

death to alberta

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

CLAM DOWN posted:

death to alberta

don't even have to take out my DTA letters

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!

CLAM DOWN posted:

death to alberta

that seems to be the governments plan. yes.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
I think they're playing it all wrong. they should demand $500 trillion from cpp otherwise they'll make albertans so unhealthy it'll cost the other provinces $9999 trillion as albertans wander the land in search of care

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

MonsieurChoc posted:

No powder, you cook your pasta, then shred your own cheese from a big block of cheddar, add milk and butter to taste.

I feel like homemade baked mac & cheese like this is somehow a part of Canadiana, because I've discussed basically exactly this recipe with multiple people and we all have memories of our parents making it. Was literally just talking to a coworker about it today. My Mom made huge portions with the fusilli rigati noodles in a dutch oven, and sometimes put in peas or little cubes of ham. It was loving divine, so thick with cheese you could cut it like a lasagna and it would stand up on your plate. I really want to make a batch but I'm no longer a chubby kid and don't want to be again.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

They're removing the scattered, uncoordinated approach that exists now by....

scattering responsibility to four new entities that now have to figure out how to coordinate with each other.

Sounds good.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
you can have little a baked mac and cheese with peas as a treat you'll be ok op

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Gosh when these four new government agencies fail to provide care to the existing standard, I guess those are four huge contracts for private sector, eh?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

corgiwizard posted:

well they had to think of something to take the place of Dynalife!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

simply the smoothest of brains, smooth like a tailings pond after all the bird bodies are skimmed off the top